• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 24, 2019

    Apple iOS It gets annoying...

    Apple iOS It gets annoying...


    It gets annoying...

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 11:40 PM PDT

    I’ve just discovered something on with Touch ID on iPhones and MacBook Pro

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    I was adding my Fingerprint to Touch ID on my MacBook Pro. I had a thought what if I switched between fingers after every red line , then with the same with out side of finger. Well it works. I have one fingerprint registered yet can use any finger. It also works on iPhone Touch ID too. Try it and let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/GraEdd
    [link] [comments]

    For all ‘bad battery’ posts

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    I have to address this seeing that nearly 50% of this subreddit is related to battery issues.

    After updating to a brand new version of iOS, your phone has to index a lot of new files, a very power demanding process. This takes 2-4 days to complete and after that, your battery will most likely stabilize.

    So before you post any "anyone else noticing fast battery drain on iOS x(.x)", know this and post after the indexing has completed if you're still experiencing issues.

    Or make a new subreddit exclusively for battery issues.

    submitted by /u/EvenAH27
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else think that iOS 13 is not just another OS upgrade?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    It seems to have a ton of features (feels like two major OS releases combined), and features that people have been demanding about for years.

    What do you think of that? Why now? Is there a new direction to the software/feature philosophy within Apple ?

    submitted by /u/brkonthru
    [link] [comments]

    Can an iPhone be unlocked without the pass code after a reboot? Like with a fingerprint? Sorry for the newbie question

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    On android phones, some of them, you need to type in your 4 digit pin or a password when you boot up the phone. It will not accept just your fingerprint when you unlock it for the first time.

    I'm writing a paper on a case, regarding mobile security. I'm still studying and can't afford an iPhone. This case had an iPhone 6 which the police apparently tried to use during an interrogation but couldn't. The details are shady and I couldn't get anymore.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/4_cups
    [link] [comments]

    Move face from iOS photo search?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    Hi,

    My dad recently passed away and his photo is the first thing that comes up under People every time I click on the Search tab.

    It's been super helpful searching by his face, but I'd rather have faces of my friends appear...

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/amarine88
    [link] [comments]

    TIL that you can disable in-app review prompts in the iOS settings

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Go to: Settings -> Apple ID -> iTunes & App Store -> disable "In-App Ratings & Reviews"

    submitted by /u/zweiforward88
    [link] [comments]

    Dual apps on iPhone iOS or at least video overlay please!

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 09:59 PM PDT

    Can we please for the love of god get some semblance of dual apps on iPhones?!? iPad has it and the processor and ram in my phone is much better than the lower end iPads that support it.

    I'd love nothing more than to be able to have a small video overlay while I do other stuff on my phone. It would also stick it to YouTube who charges a premium for "background playing" which is a load of crap.

    submitted by /u/redditUserError404
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Backup Whatsapp iOS

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    Hi guys! I want to know if the backup of Whatsapp also saves audio notes, documents, contacts, positions and links or only messages, photos and videos

    submitted by /u/andre_f99
    [link] [comments]

    Validation Failed (can’t connect to iCloud when trying to reset the phone)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    Looking for an App which sends me feeds of the newest articles of selected news websites

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    Rather than having to browse through each news site separately, I would prefer to gather all the news site or articles in one app or website.

    Does anything like this exist?

    submitted by /u/chaozuu
    [link] [comments]

    Sticker icons in Messages seems to be buggy and even getting stuck on other icons.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    [Question] changing wallpaper in iOS 12.4 resprings the device. Why is this happening ? Does anybody knows what’s causing this and hopefully the solution ??

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:44 AM PDT

    Removed 3D touch actions on facebook app? You have this “bug”? Messenger still support 3D touch... Weird!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:02 AM PDT

    Free space lost after update from 12.3.1 to 12.4

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:29 AM PDT

    After updating my 6S (64GB) from 12.3.1 to 12.4 my free space went from 5,3 GB to 4,1 GB, so I lost 1,2 GB.

    Is this normal, has anybody else experienced something like that?

    submitted by /u/Elbwiese
    [link] [comments]

    Flight Log for Frequent Flyers / AvGeeks

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an app where I can log the flights I have been on - similar to MyFlightRadar or BA97 - where I can record the airline/flight number/route/aircraft type/registration etc.

    There are plenty when track which track travel, but I can't find one which is not pilot orientated.

    submitted by /u/luxurytravelled
    [link] [comments]

    12.4 update

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 05:18 PM PDT

    Anyone having connection issues in the US on ATT after the update? All calls go straight to VM.

    submitted by /u/neilparkertx
    [link] [comments]

    Intermittent cellular data

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:19 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone Max XS that came w/ iOS 12.0

    Ever since I updated it iOS 12.1 (and now iOS 12.3.1) I have never had stable cellular data connection anymore. I cannot hold a steady data call despite having full coverage. I've changed my sim card in hopes that would fix that, but that hasn't worked.

    Anyone else having intermittent cellular data?

    Is there a website or app that can help me track the packets that go in and out to see if there is a drop?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/polardabear
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] iOS 13 Music App Redesign Unintuitive Design Decisions

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    While the mild redesign to the music app in iOS 13 seems good looking, I feel that it is much worse in usability as compared to iOS 12. If you all agree, I'd love for all to submit these suggestions to Apple (I will) through the Feedback app. The only reason I post here is so that we could get our voices heard.

    So, here go my points -

    • Why do I have to tap on the "Up Next" button just to be able to shuffle/repeat my songs? Shouldn't this be the primary functionality right at the front of any half decent music app?
    • Why do I have to press buttons to toggle between "Up Next" and "Lyrics" view? In iOS 12, it was so much easier to see the lyrics and still be able to see the next song without tapping any buttons.
    • Why is it so hard to add songs to library now? The + button to add the currently playing song to library has been removed from the current interface (in the playing screen) and this seems to be a counter intuitive, if not downright stupid, decision
    • Also, what's with the iPad Music app? Why is the playing window in a weird place without being aligned towards anything? It's not how Apple designs things for sure. It's asymmetrical, non uniform and aesthetically unpleasant
    • Once you 3D Touch a playlist/song, it used to have a play button on the artwork and an arrow with which you could see the album. Why has this been removed from the current music player?

    It seems to be a clusterfuck of stupid minimalist design that offers no functional benefits. In fact, it goes a step backwards in functionality for a marginal gain in look (tbh, it doesn't look that much better). What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/arthas_LK
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions for a mood tracker app that is bare bones and can schedule alerts/reminders?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find a simple, no frills mood tracker app that will alert me multiple times a day, and just ask me how I'm feeling with some ready-made options/icons to click on. I don't need tons of features, just a simple mood scale and a date/time stamp.

    The perfect app would have multiple alerts on a schedule so I don't have to remember to go into the app each time. It would pop up and display multiple icons representing moods, then I simply tap the icon best fitting my mood at that moment, hit submit, it logs the date/time/mood, then the app goes away until next time. Later I can compile the data for later use and get real time tracking throughout the day/week/month.

    I've tried setting my own alarms and reminders, and trying out more robust or multi-function apps, but shuffling between alarm/reminder, opening track app, spend time getting to the right menu/screen, manually entering info, and the frustration of not being able to just hit two buttons and go means I soon find the whole thing too cumbersome and time consuming so nothing gets tracked.

    I've tried searching key words but the App Store doesn't have very detailed or specifically worded descriptions.

    So, does this ring any bells for anyone? If it doesn't exist yet I'm willing to learn how to make apps so I can make it exist in the future.

    submitted by /u/thatsnotincense
    [link] [comments]

    eSIM Update Loop

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Member of my family has a iPhone XS Max on EE (UK) since it was replaced (handset became faulty) the eSIM hasn't worked, numerous sim swaps later and still no luck. Done this one and it's stuck in a 'Update Complete' loop. - and we can't activate the iPhone, WiFi/ iTunes method, SIM in/out - anything. Comes up with a iTunes error (50) - however the laptop will connect to any other iPhone.

    submitted by /u/t3hShmo
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder on iOS not the same as the macOS version

    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Hello

    On macOS I can write 'run tomorrow 8 pm' and it will make a reminder.

    But this does not work on iOS.... or is it just me?

    Hope you guys can shine a bit light on the mystery.

    Kind regards,

    Jerome

    submitted by /u/Sematisius
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel