• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 24, 2019

    Apple Help Now wtf is this? Whenever I try signing in to iTunes I get this. And the annoying part is that it just happens with my Apple ID. If I try signing in with another Apple ID it works just fine. Wtf is going on? This is super frustrating. Please help

    Apple Help Now wtf is this? Whenever I try signing in to iTunes I get this. And the annoying part is that it just happens with my Apple ID. If I try signing in with another Apple ID it works just fine. Wtf is going on? This is super frustrating. Please help


    Now wtf is this? Whenever I try signing in to iTunes I get this. And the annoying part is that it just happens with my Apple ID. If I try signing in with another Apple ID it works just fine. Wtf is going on? This is super frustrating. Please help

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:36 PM PDT

    A friend gifted her old Iphone 6Plus to my teen. My friend cant remember home screen unlock password. Will an Apple store be able to help us?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 12:54 PM PDT

    2015 Macbook 12 Retina in 2019?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:14 PM PDT

    I was looking for portable laptop for college.
    Since I already have a lot of other apple products, I thought it would be convenient to get a Macbook.

    Portability and cost is the most important to me.

    On ebay, you can find 2015 12inch Macbook for under $600... So I was heavily considering one.

    I know that processor is Core M and slower SSD, so I was kind of hesitant on pulling the trigger.

    Does anyone still have experience with 2015 12inch Macbook with recent OS version?

    submitted by /u/Jwk2608
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil 1 won't stay Bluetooth Paired/connected

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:56 AM PDT

    Hey All, A coworker turned in an iPad Pro 9inch and a 1st Gen Apple Pencil.. and after resetting and updating everything,.. I can't seem to get the 1st Gen Apple Pencil to do anything.

    What's the lifetime on internal-battery of an Apple Pencil 1 ?... Could it be this one just discharged to long (sat in a bag for a year,etc?.. and now it's just dead ? (the iPad Pro was still at iOS 10.. if that tells you how NOT often it was used).

    • I don't have the charger-dongle.. but I did charge the iPad up to 100% and then plug the Pencil into the Lightning Port and left the Pencil plugged in overnight (12hours)

    • When I plug the Apple Pencil into the Lightning Port.. I get the usual "Pairing Request". When I tap OK on that,. the Apple Pencil momentarily shows up as "CONNECTED" but only for about 2 seconds, then it disconnects and disappears from the list.

    • If I unplug the Apple Pencil and try to tap on it (Bluetooth Settings).. it says "Took to long to connect"

    • If I FORGET the device.. and try to re-Pair it.. it goes through all the loops above and never succeeds.

    I'm guessing the Apple Pencil is just trash/recycle at this point.. but not sure if there's any other way to reset / recharge it.

    submitted by /u/jmnugent
    [link] [comments]

    Question in regards to MacBook Pro purchase

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Hi!

    New here on this Reddit, mostly probably since I have never owned an Apple device.

    I have decided I want to purchase a MacBook Pro. Mostly out of frustration with the multitude of windows laptops I have had over the years that never really lasted me long enough without problems.

    I think I want to go with a 13" one, but I am having a lot of trouble deciding on the spec, as I am unfamiliar with MacOS.

    In any case, I am inclined trying to decide between the 1.4Ghz and the 2.4Ghz model. I have looked at a bunch of comparison videos and reviews, but I am still a bit worried about making the decision. From what I understand, the 1.4Ghz has a single fan, so I am worried about the lifespan of the laptop. I am on a path to get more into coding, and I would like to start learning more on a Macbook over my PC. It is basically going to be a study / coding laptop.

    I customized both models with 256GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. I read quite a bit that the 16 gigs of RAM is quite useful, but again because of my lack of experience with Mac OS I am unsure what to think here. The storage seems fine with 256gb and maybe an external drive at some point, I don't really edit video or photos but would like to keep the option open to be able to do this on the laptop if it ever peaks my interest again (probably mostly photo).

    I live in Sweden, and specced out with a student discount, there is roughly a 370 euro difference between the 2 models both with 256GB and 16GB RAM. I don't want to cut corners in buying this and regret it later, but I don't want to spend unnecessary money.

    So I guess my questions in a tl;dr form are as follows:

    1. For learning to code, and potentially creating portfolio projects, which MBP is the best to get? 1299 or 1799 model?
    2. is 16 GB RAM highly recommended or just a luxury?

    Thanks a lot in advance for the feedback, would love to see some discussion around this. Most of the review video's I have seen the reviewer ends up asking the people what they think... If anyone is into coding / dev work, I would highly value your feedback.

    submitted by /u/tweetingsander
    [link] [comments]

    How do I Fix this?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    changing boot apple id to a new one

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:13 PM PDT

    Is that possible? I am trying to get my late 2013 iMac for sale. When I do the option-command-R and try to install MacOS again, I get a message saying (or something close anyway) restore server not available. I am running Mojave but would happily go back to an earlier version (Sierra?) but can see no away around the problem. Any help greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/larrybeattie
    [link] [comments]

    App Store Won't Let Me Sign-in

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    I am logged into my laptop and phone with the same Apple ID, but whenever I try to use the App Store on my laptop it asks me to login, but the email field is pre-populated with an old email address and won't let me update it to the one I am actually already logged in with?

    submitted by /u/fugqiz
    [link] [comments]

    Personal hotspot dropping off

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    I'm travelling in the U.S at the moment and haven't bought any mobile plan. My girlfriend is American and hotspots me sometimes when I need it in public.

    We've found that if I put my phone on standby her hotspot drops off and she has to turn it back on before my phone will find it. Is there any way to stop this happening?

    submitted by /u/thenewzealanderr
    [link] [comments]

    Approximate cost to repair screen?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    Sorry if this has been asked to death, but I have the horrible "staingate" issue on my 13" Early 2015 MacBook Pro w Retina display. I understand that there was the free replacement in ~2017, but my laptop didn't show any signs of the problem back then. Only within the past 12 months has it started to show the problem (and it continues to get worse). It's really starting to affect the appearance of text on the screen.

    I was wondering if anyone here knows the approximate cost to get this issue fixed from Apple. Would it require a full screen replacement? If so, how much roughly (in AUD) does that cost? I'm trying to work out whether it is worth fixing, or whether to just buy a new laptop since this is already over 4 years old and will probably be on its way out soon.

    I also tried to chat to Apple Support online, but apparently my device "isn't eligible for complimentary tech support" so I couldn't even get through to them.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/moolahn
    [link] [comments]

    Planning to buy an Apple Watch series 3 (no cellular), what I want to know is how far apart can my IPhone and Watch be before they lose connection?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    It's $80 off on amazon and I might buy it. Also, is there anything else I need to know about the watch I'm gonna buy?

    submitted by /u/IceeIvy
    [link] [comments]

    my cameras flash and rear camera dont work sometimes they just freeze the front camera is fine

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:40 PM PDT

    Can I get a second pair of Beats from student promo if I’ve don’t it in the past?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    Got Beats with the purchase of my MacBook Pro last year and now want to purchase a iPad Pro and wondering if I can get the deal again for a free pair of Beats? It says it's active for students (which I am) but will it stop me if I've done it before?

    submitted by /u/tree_mob
    [link] [comments]

    My friend sent me a 25$ iTunes gift card and I didn’t get anything in my email (it’s been almost an hour and the money was taken from her account)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    Macbook pro external monitor issue with Acer Monitor (XF Series)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I am trying to connect my MacBook pro with Acer monitor as an external display. Strange thing is that it will work sometimes and I have try out different random pull and plug combination to get it work again. My MacBook always detects the monitor and thinks I have a proper external display, but my monitor says No signal. Any fixes?

    submitted by /u/dext26
    [link] [comments]

    My mom died a year ago and I’m ready to hear old voicemails on my old phone help

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    I upgraded my phone since she passed. My old phone (iPhone 8) has old voicemails from her. When I plug in the phone (which has been off for over a year) the Apple logo comes on, then off blank screen, then on again in a repetitive pattern. It's been plugged in for 20 minutes now. Any suggestions? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Cats12345789
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro restarts during Zoom/Hangouts

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    I have a 2018 15" MacBook Pro (with 2.6Ghz i7, if this makes a difference) and it has no issues when I'm doing anything demanding like video editing. (It obviously gets warm but CPU manages to stay over its base clock and the computer still runs)

    I also have no problems with Skype, I've had a 2 hour long Skype call last week. 2 days ago I had a very important meeting on Zoom (using the Zoom OS X app), and my computer froze (doesn't react to anything and you can't press the touchpad) about 20 minutes in. It then turned itself off. I was in a bad place but not a huge deal, could be caused by anything. Turned the computer back on, no problems for the next 2 hours.

    Fast forward to an hour ago. Now using Google Hangouts Meet on Chrome. 15 minutes in, my state-of-the-art MacBook freezes again.

    I have iStat Menus installed and I always check CPU temperature; and it wasn't quite near 100*C (it was around 60). I checked all temps and fan speeds and everything -- there is nothing out of the ordinary.

    Has anyone else ever experienced this? I might end up losing a much-needed intership because of this.

    submitted by /u/mrplt
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro now?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    My early 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15 (that I bought in 2013) finally broke. I was wondering if I should hold out till the next MacBook Pro comes out? Or get one now? When do you guys think it'll come out? Are the 16" rumours true? What other info/help can you offer me pls

    submitted by /u/reddynikhil
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working At All (Kinda)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    So, my MacBook Pro 13" 2015 boots and then the keyboard and Trackpad just aren't functional at all (although force click still works). I've tried an SMC reset that seems to take me into recovery mode (and works fine which would suggest the keyboard isn't dead) but apart from that nothing.

    Any suggestions? I'm out at work trip so don't have access to a keyboard and mouse to plug into the USB.

    submitted by /u/CraigJDuffy
    [link] [comments]

    How to fresh install Mac OS on new SSD on late 2009 iMac?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    Recently received a late 2009 iMac 27" with a faulty HDD. I bought a 500gb SSD and being new to Apple products thought the install process would be similar to windows. I was wrong...

    I can get the iMac into recovery mode but I'm not sure what to do from there. I see people say to download a Mac recovery application but I can't since I ONLY have access to recovery mode and the terminal. Can I download the necessary software on windows to a USB and boot from there? What are my options if I have no other apple products.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/dakman96
    [link] [comments]

    Do app settings transfer when copying old iPhone 5 to iPhone 8?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    For example.. If Im using the Reddit app on an Iphone 5 and lets say I have a dark theme and I turned off notifications. Then I copied my entire device to an Iphone 8. When I open the reddit app on the 8 will my reddit app still have the dark theme and no notifications or will I have to re enter them?

    submitted by /u/itookyomilk
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 15" early 2011 boot loop and blank white screens

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:49 PM PDT

    I'm not super familiar with Apple products, but I did take a basic Apple course in school so I know enough to get by (of course that was about 5 years ago). I am trying to fix this Early 2011 15" MacBook up for a family member. When I recieved it, I was told that the MacBook would turn on, start loading and then turn off (boot loop). I noticed the track pad was displaced and when I opened it up the battery was bulging. I removed the battery and ordered a new one (which arrived today). I started up the MacBook and was able to get it logged in for about 5-10 minutes before I got verticle black and white lines across the screen. It promply rebooted. Now when I turn it on it's just stuck in a boot loop- the progress bar gets at or around 30% and then the screen goes all white and then turns off for about 2 seconds and turns back on. I don't feel much heat coming from it.

    Last night I attempted to get it to the recovery screen and it booted up to a blank white screen (progress bar got about 30% before getting to the blank screen). I let it sit over night cause I've heard it can sometimes take a while for it to show up. This morning it was still on the blank white screen. Today after work I attempted to boot it up into safe mode and the same thing happened- just a blank white screen. It's been sitting for about 1 hour now and nothing's changed.

    I'm about to throw in the towel and recommend they just buy a new computer, but I thought I'd stop by and see if you guys had any suggestions first.

    Additional notes:

    I've put a new battery in the MacBook

    I was able to get the HDD out from the MacBook and pull some files for her

    submitted by /u/possitive-ion
    [link] [comments]

    Left AirPod became significantly quieter than the right

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    I have the AirPods 2, and I took them out of the case and tried to play music out of them, but the left one is super quiet. I put them back in the case and reconnected them, but it's still quiet. Is there any way to fix them??

    submitted by /u/TheBigCringe
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook - WiFi not working when I connect a Seagate drive but fine otherwise? (ELI5)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    I'm having some problems recently with my macbook WiFi not working when I connect a Seagate backup drive. It refuses to connect to networks or only has a very weak/slow connection that drops off a lot, but when there's nothing plugged in it's fine. I've been using the same drive since I got the laptop months ago and this has only started happening the last few days. It's inconvenient, what can I do to stop it? (But ELI5 please, I don't know a lot of the technical language and all that, a bitch is dumb!) Thank you in advance~

    submitted by /u/bronskiboi
    [link] [comments]

    Choice of which apps are using data not loading

    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 04:11 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm new to this sub but was hoping someone could help with this problem.

    I'm trying to go through and individually pick which apps use data and which ones don't. I went to settings->cellular and waited for the cellular data dropdown (that normally shows which apps are using data) to load. However, it's stuck on the loading circle and has been for as long as I can remember. I've tried resetting network settings, and it continues to load, never actually loading which apps are using data. What can I do to fix this?

    I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus

    submitted by /u/BigTimeOof
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel