• Breaking News

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    Apple Help I accidentally clicked forget HomePod on iTunes and now I can no longer airplay to it from my Macbook air.

    Apple Help I accidentally clicked forget HomePod on iTunes and now I can no longer airplay to it from my Macbook air.


    I accidentally clicked forget HomePod on iTunes and now I can no longer airplay to it from my Macbook air.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:22 PM PDT

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/rektdatshit
    [link] [comments]

    Help. Those two processes are overheating my MacBook. More info on comments.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro late 2011, el Capitan screen keeps glitching.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    iMac Lock Screen Issue

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:05 PM PDT

    I have an iMac with Mojave 10.14.5, retina 4K, 21.5-inch, and it's late 2015. When it goes from the screensaver to try to go into sleep mode this weird screen pops up. It goes away as soon as I click the mouse or try to type but it's really starting to concern me. This is the only problem I've ever had with it. I can't seem to find anybody via google search with a lock screen issue that looks like mine.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/sntlwCF

    submitted by /u/chaset89
    [link] [comments]

    Might have hosed my system - Could use some help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:15 PM PDT

    Up-to-date Mojave on a: Mac Pro 2009 flashed to 5,1 - Dual quad core 3.46 - 16GB RAM - Radeon RX 580 - 512 GB Samsung SSD on a Sonnet Tempo PCIe board.

    I've disconnected all other internal drives.

    In hindsight I was being incredibly dumb.

    While reorganizing about 12 TB of data I ran into a really annoying permissions issue on my system drive. It was denying access for moving some data from various other systems, so I was chowning up a storm fixing it all.

    Then I got dumb with BatChmod and changed the permissions of the system drive (the PCIe SSD) to admin/admin read/write. Things slowly got weird as it percolated through the file structure - plugins popped up notifications that they needed to be updated; iCloud Drive dropped its connection and wouldn't accept my password. I realized my error and opened up BatChmod in a last ditch effort to roll back the settings to root / wheel.

    Seems like it was too late. Finder immediately hangs after log in. Whether the internal drives are connected or not it still lists them as mounted.

    I am able to run Disk Utility (thankfully I had it on the dock), but First Aid hangs after about 30s.

    Tried NVRAM reset; SMC reset; booting into safe mode (black screen); booting into recovery mode (black screen); and finally booting from a USB Mojave Installer (won't show boot selector, just a black screen).

    I still have the original graphics card, so I could slap that back in to see if it'll bring up the boot selector. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ma_tooth
    [link] [comments]

    Switch off iPhone X without touchscreen,

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    I want to switch off the phone not reboot it.

    submitted by /u/extReference
    [link] [comments]

    Importing live photos to mac where the video part is missing due to photostream syncing from iphone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:17 PM PDT

    I have around 2,000 live photos taken over four years on my iphone but no way to get them on my mac since Photos thinks they're already imported when I connect via cable.

    My phone syncs to Photos on my mac via photostream. However, live photos only sync the image, not the video. Sometimes I've imported before photostream goes, so I have about 1,000 of the live photos on my mac. The rest are on my phone.

    I'd like to sync the videos for the 1,000 live photos on my phone that don't have a video on my mac.

    I don't want to use iCloud Photos, as I have around 30 gigs of photos on my phone, 100+ on my laptop, and I don't trust the sync to work, nor do I want all those photos on my phone.

    I don't want to just delete them all from my mac and start over, in case they aren't all the same photos (e.g. live photos from friends and family). It's not even clear what step 2 would be in this approach.

    Has anyone found a way to do this? It's nuts to me that there's no way to import live photos when you already have the image, since it must be so common.

    Here are some examples of other people who haven't managed to get this to work:

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/roju
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes is Continually Separating My Albums!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm running the most current version and everything, other than this particular issue, works amazingly. I did a little digging through Apple's help Q and A's but there wasn't a lot in terms of helping me to actually remedy the issue. It only happens sporadically with no rhyme or reason as to which albums it's going to split or how many songs it's going to split into each. If I completely delete the album from my library and re add it it's fine, but I'm just trying to figure out what in the world is causing the issue. I have Apple Music and have had it for years and years with this issue only cropping up in the last 6 months or so. Thought I could post this up there hoping someone maybe knows or has seen this issue before. Appreciate it!

    Just as an example..

    submitted by /u/K_Hanson00
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone calling from other apple device problem

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    I'm having trouble with my iPhone and permission to permit calls from my rMBP. I have FaceTime and iCloud logged into on all devices, butty phone still will not allow. Ideas? Thank you

    submitted by /u/mclepus
    [link] [comments]

    Itunes song disappeared?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:11 PM PDT

    So I was listening to one of my favorite songs (Crocodile rock) through my car on the way to the gym today, and when I get out I check my phone only to find that now the song is no longer in my iTunes library. Not only that, but iTunes claims I never even bought it, as it doesn't show up under recent purchases anymore. The only way to see I purchased it is to go to the album on iTunes, where it says "purchased" but gives me no option to redownload the song. I've restarted my phone twice but still no dice, how do I get my song back?

    I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/Current_Orbit
    [link] [comments]

    El Capitan Silent

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    I finally updated my 2009 A1226 to el Capitan. I just noticed none of the systems sounds are working. I can play and hear a video just fine. But none of the other alert sounds seem to be working. Skype, for instance, does not appear to produce any sound at all. My original search for help didn't yield much help beyond "make sure everything is unplugged, check system settings and restart." Still not working. Anyone got a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/SpiceCake68
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone connects to hotel WiFi, but does not pop up the accept-terms screen.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    Hi! I've tried pressing "renew-lease" and other fixes but I cannot get the pop-up on my hotel WiFi to come up. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Bert1252
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone not connecting to MacBook Air - possible USB issue?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:53 PM PDT

    Hi r/AppleHelp, owner of a MacBook Air 13" Early 2014 having issues with my iPhone XR connecting to iTunes and my computer in general. This has been going on for a while now. Sometimes if I play the cord jiggling game I can get it to connect but recently I've had no luck. I've been unable to back up my phone for some time now, hence my coming to you guys.

    I have exhausted most of the remedies that immediate come to mind (thanks to google): SMC reset, PVRAM reset, Privacy settings reset on the phone, using different apple-sanctioned lightning cords, etc. As far as I can tell, I don't see any pins askew inside the ports themselves. The issues affects both USB slots on the right and left side.

    Weirdly enough, I can plug in my external hard drive and access my files fine. This issue seems to only affect my iPhone. My phone charges normally when connected to an outlet in the wall. Just not the computer it seems.

    At this point I'm not sure what to do. I have a feeling it may be a hardware issue but I'm not sure how to tell. Does anyone know any other possible fixes or a way to determine if its my actual USB port and not my phone or software? If it was a hardware not a software issue, what would be a conceivable next step (short or replacing the computer)?

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/azanderjames
    [link] [comments]

    None of the default apps will download to my phone

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:17 AM PDT

    Full Charge Capacity on MacBook Air Increasing and Decreasing Slightly

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:41 PM PDT

    I have a 2014 MacBook Air with Mojave and I noticed that my Full Charge Capacity would go up and down from 6946 to 6880 to 6940 to 7040. It reached 7040 after I fully charged it after draining it. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Ordinary_Association
    [link] [comments]

    Help getting photos off of old iPod Touch (2nd gen, 2009ish)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    Recently began a move, and my gf found her old ipod touch (2nd gen, I believe) with some photos on it she thought she had lost.

    I'm not really familiar with the apple ecosystem, could anyone recommend a way to pull those photos off her ipod touch?

    Things I've Tried:

    (1) I thought going to the app store and downloading iCloud/Google Drive might be some options, but when I try to do that I get an error that it is "not compatible with this device."

    (2) When I connect the ipod to itunes, I see a number of options "On my Device" (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books, Audiobooks, Purchased, Playlists), but Photos is not an option that is listed.

    (3) Connecting the phone directly to a PC doesn't allow me to explore the directories in a way that I could pull the photos off manually.

    iOS is version 4.2.1, if that helps.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RQV12
    [link] [comments]

    iPad affecting Pacemaker

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Hi, everyone! My grandfather recently had a pacemaker put in and since then his iPad mini 2 has been affecting it to a great deal. Of course, he stopped using it. However, he loved using his iPad mini and it was perfect for him, so I'd love to find something that might not affect him. Would anyone know if some of the newer models would have this issue? It's really hard because he can't afford much and I can't afford to get him a brand new iPad. Would love to know if maybe the model 3 iPads would be okay. Just looking for options to help him out. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/The_Young_Celt
    [link] [comments]

    How can I create a Time Machine backup to an external HDD without backing up the Time Machine local snapshots?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    Local snapshots take a TON of space and I never use them so I hope I can backup everything except the snapshots.

    submitted by /u/lessavyfav68
    [link] [comments]

    I have a beasty iMAC. I want to use it remotely - what are my options?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    As the title suggests, I have a very powerful iMAC at home. I want to start using the desktop remotely when I am away from home. I use my iMAC predominantly for music production (CPU heavy).

    After some consideration, I feel like my best option is to buy a cheap PC laptop and use a remote program (ie: Teamviewer) to connect to my iMAC. However, I forsee latency issues among others.

    Do any of you have any other ideas as to how I can best utilize my iMAC away from home?

    submitted by /u/lorposralem
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Backlight stopped working

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    I have had a 2017 MacBook Pro 13 Inch for a little over a year. I noticed yesterday that the keyboard backlight is no longer working properly. Only a few of the keys are lighting up and they are constantly blinking. Over time less and less seem to light up. Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/racharya55
    [link] [comments]

    Help with MacBook Pro(Trackpad

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    it started yesterday but is becoming more and more frequent. It lets me move the mouse around but it only registers right clicks so I can't do anything. Plugging a different mouse doesn't help and the only way I can seem to fix the problem temporarily is to restart. Anyone have any ideas what is happening?

    10.14.2 version

    13 inch 2017 with touch bar

    submitted by /u/EkkoJungleWorks
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Shutdown Randomly Last Night and Now is Running Slow

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro (2012) 2.5 GHz Intel i5

    16 GB RAM, on High Sierra 10.13.6 (the most recent version).

    Last night it powered off randomly. When I rebooted, it ran incredibly slow and all my menu items were removed except for the spotlight, date and time (which was reset), and Wi-Fi connection. I put it to sleep for the night and went on it just now to find that it is still very slow. Then, this morning, I performed a factory reset, but it is still slow. In addition to the slowness, I have discovered two problems that might be related.

    First, in System Preferences>Trackpad, the system insists on locating a bluetooth trackpad, and therefore I am not able to select the "tap" option for clicking on the trackpad. I tried debugging the bluetooth on the menu but that did not work.

    Second, in System Preferences> Battery Saver the "Current Battery Charge" is always displayed at 0%, and when I select "Show battery status in menu bar" it automatically de-selects, not allowing me to see the batter percentage.

    I whole heartedly believe these issues are related to the random shutdown last evening, because the computer ran perfectly fine until that happened.

    Does anyone know what went wrong? Are there solutions, or is it simply that my computer is getting old? Also, if this is fixable, what can I do in the future to prevent it from happening again?

    *EDIT:* By allowing my computer battery to run down, then plugging in the charger, the issue seems to have resolved. The speed is normal once again and my Trackpad and Battery settings are changeable.

    submitted by /u/calcul8rallig8r
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Software Update not working... iTunes v12.9.5. Every time I turn my computer on it tells me to update iTunes but it never works. I have been just letting it sit there or I exit out of it but I am just done with it and I need help to figure this out. I cannot find the iTunes64.msi file anywhere

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:53 PM PDT

    Is only 48 GB left on drive enough to cause "lack of memory" problems? (MBP Mid 2014)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:45 PM PDT

    So about a month ago, I noticed that my cursor keeps disappearing when I change desktops or switch windows. No biggie since I noticed I can make it reappear by tapping the track pad with three fingers and moving them very slightly. Now today I was playing Minecraft on my computer and I took a break for a while and came back to a very low frame rate. I soon noticed that the low frame rate applied to just about everything; switching desktops, playing games, even scrolling on reddit. I know that both of these problems are due to memory problems. But I checked and I have roughly 48 GB left on my drive. I use a Bootcamp partition which I need for work and it is 90 GB with about 8 remaining. My Mac partition is 160 GB with 48 remaining. It was just strange because I originally made the Windows partition too large and started getting warning popups that my storage was too low. So I made it smaller and everything seemed fine, but before that I didn't have any of these problems even though I had <5 GB of memory on my Mac partition. I also recently had the bottom replaced (the battery leaked and was effectively useless). That also hurt my frame rate on everything but a bit worse. Running High Sierra v10.13.6. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Poopallah
    [link] [comments]

    Best iPad to buy for an art student on a budget?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:13 AM PDT

    Hi there, I am a (very broke and currently unemployed) digital art student and for so long now I've been needing a new tablet to create my work on. I tried out a few different ones in stores and I loved using Procreate on the 11 inch iPad Pro but that is like, very expensive and I don;t have the money. What would you guys suggest instead? Should I just get an iPad Air or something or is it really worth saving to get the Pro?

    submitted by /u/burgerrroll
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel