• Breaking News

    Monday, July 1, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - July 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - July 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - July 2019

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My new 2019 MBP 15 inch with i9 & vega 20! Huge upgrade from my 2012 Macbook Pro.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:08 PM PDT

    Install photoshop?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:04 PM PDT

    How do I install Photoshop in Macbook Pro for free? Because appstore does not exist.Is there a possibility for viruses?Thanks

    submitted by /u/vakvag
    [link] [comments]

    Where are the USB-C only hubs?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:34 AM PDT

    I've spent some time gradually investing in new cables, USB-C devices (needed a new card reader, memory stick), but now I've run out of USB-C ports.

    Where the hell are USB-C only hubs?

    submitted by /u/stinky_cheese_dude
    [link] [comments]

    does anyone know where i could get a 13 inch 2015 macbook pro?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:50 PM PDT

    i want a macbook pro, but i'd still like the legacy ports as well as the force touch trackpad. does anyone know where i could get one of these?

    submitted by /u/iiwab
    [link] [comments]

    Do my 2015 MacBook Pro retina 15 inch batteries need replacing?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 04:12 PM PDT

    2010 Pro CCFL custom PWM?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    I have a MBP 2010 with the 13" 1280x800 non-Retina CCFL display. I spend a lot of time in dark places and the first notch of screen brightness is simply too bright. I'd like to modify the PWM to get the screen to be dimmer without it being completely black like on the 0th notch of screen brightness. Is there any info on solving this problem?

    submitted by /u/throwaway_17328
    [link] [comments]

    2017 macbook pro flickers when skipping and sometimes during playback, netflix in safari, just bought it last week

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:12 AM PDT

    2 Spotlight icons

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    I get 2 spotlight icons in the menu bar on a regular basis. Eventually, one of them goes away and then I lose the ability to hit CMD Space to bring up the spotlight window. A reboot always fixes the problem. I experience this while having my 2018 13" MBP connected to a LG 5K monitor and Blackmagic eGPU with laptop open. Any ideas other than rebooting all the time? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lankox
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to change trackpad click pressure in Windows?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:18 AM PDT

    I've tried both trackpad++ and imbushuo precision drivers and the precision drivers work great with native gesture support and so on, but I haven't found any way to change trackpad click requirements like in MacOS (prefer a light click). Any way to change this?

    submitted by /u/idgafboutreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Slow wifi on Macbook but not on other devices? Here is a solution:

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:54 AM PDT

    I've just realized that if you have saved your wifi on an old iPhone or iPad which does not support 5Ghz wifi, it saves the wifi as 2.4Ghz and your new macbook connects to 2.4Ghz automatically (wifi profiles gets synced from icloud)

    Just remove the wifi network, turn off wifi, turn on wifi and readd the same network. Macbook will connect to the same network via 5Ghz band now.

    submitted by /u/emirhan87
    [link] [comments]

    Non-Retina 2012 MBP Upgrade Recommendations?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:48 AM PDT

    Hi all.

    My sister loves her 2012 MBP but is has slowed to the point of being unusable.

    Can anyone please recommend budget friendly SSD and ram recommendations? She left the computer with me and I'd love to upgrade it for her.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/unlock_full_access
    [link] [comments]

    Reputable places to buy used Macbooks

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 11:39 AM PDT

    I've noticed that Macbooks tend to hold their fairly we'll considering they are computers. Are there any reputable sellers of used Macbooks? Preferably a year or two old. Not sure if there is much savings in a year old Macbook.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/seag33k
    [link] [comments]

    Buying macbook late 2008?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:17 AM PDT

    I have the option of buying a macbook late 2008 with 256 SSD, 4 GB ram, 2.4 GHz for a price of around $90. I want to use this for word, PowerPoint, browsing the web/watch videos and do some react.js development/ some other programming stuff with it. Will use it for around a year before buying a high end laptop. Is this worth my money?

    Ideally I would spend +/- $60 on a macbook, but I haven't found any great offers online.

    submitted by /u/Sn00zor
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch Series 3 Deal on Prime day 29% off - The best Amazon Prime Day deals 2019

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? (New models, 13”)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 09:32 AM PDT

    Hello, I want to buy a MacBook, mainly for university/work purposes. I was wondering which one should I go for. I was surprised by the relatively small difference in price, since I expected the MBP to be way pricier. Also, how much memory is enough? As I said I'm not a graphic or a gamer, but I'd still like to have a decent amount of it. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/cimpipimpi
    [link] [comments]

    Best used mac to buy?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 08:46 AM PDT

    Now, all of these laptops should be sufficiently powerful for the code I will be running. But as I'm not experienced with mac laptops, I don't really know what to get. In most benchmarks there doesn't seem to be a major difference between a 2013 and 2015 mbp, although I can easily tell the MacBook Is way less powerful. Im hoping people here can give me suggestions? over added graphics performance (I don't have to run graphically intensive programmes). Now I've seen a few options:

    2016 12" MacBook 256GB + 8GB + Core M3 €600
    2013 13" MacBook Pro 256GB + 8GB + Core i5 €400
    2015 13" MacBook Pro 256GB + 8GB + Core i5 €600

    Now, all of these laptops should be sufficiently powerful for the code I will be running. But as I'm not experienced with mac laptops, I don't really know what to get. In most benchmarks there doesn't seem to be a major difference between a 2013 and 2015 mbp, although I can easily tell the MacBook Is way less powerful. I'm hoping people here can give me suggestions?

    submitted by /u/mickuchan
    [link] [comments]

    How much can I sell my Macbook Pro Early 2011 17inch on Ebay?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 05:31 AM PDT

    Macbook Pro Early 2011 17 inch2.2Ghz Quad Core Intel i7
    SSD - Samsung Pro 256GB
    +750GB HDD (SATA) - CD Drive removed and replaced with HDD
    16GB Ram by Crucial.Battery - 330 Cycles - "Normal" Condition
    Intel Graphics (512mb)
    Dedicated GPU (AMD 1GB) - Dead / Broken. (laptop works with a software hack that disables GPU from running)

    Some Visual Wear on the case - nothing major that would effect the performance. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Any Ideas how much I could sell it for on Ebay? 😅 (preferably UK - pounds)

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/ChrisAwakeReddit
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 2011 trackpad problem

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 01:37 AM PDT

    Hello guys can someone help me with my MacBook Pro early 2011

    the problem in trackpad mouse jumping taping I don't touch anything

    I disassemble the MacBook all okay I clean trackpad reinstall os but it still doesn't work.

    Did someone know what wrong with it can you help me?

    Trackpad problem

    submitted by /u/Bgo51
    [link] [comments]

    Are you interested in USB C Hub for MacBook/air/pro? We are inviting some people to test the product, please pm me!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 06:00 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel