• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    macOS Mail let us block adresses

    macOS Mail let us block adresses


    Mail let us block adresses

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    [Question] Is there an app or plugin that will automatically scan my iTunes music library and inject lyrics to every song? Preferably one that works on Mojave.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    Moving a dmg file to applications without having to create a copy

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 10:19 PM PDT

    I downloaded 30 gb game on my computer. After the download, I have about 20 gb of space left which is not enough to copy the 30 gb game into applications (Yes I've emptied trash, deleted misc files, etc etc)

    In other words, to complete the installation of the dmg file I need to drag the game to the applications folder. I can't perform this step because I don't have room to copy/paste the app into the folder.

    Is there a way to move the application into the folder without having to copy/paste it. I have room on my mac for the application, but not the application x2. I've already tried to hold down cmd when dragging it.

    submitted by /u/sleepcake
    [link] [comments]

    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I AM NOT USING PRIVATE BROWSING!!!!!!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I AM NOT USING PRIVATE BROWSING!!!!!!

    Why on earth do these websites think I have private browsing enabled when I do not? Disabling AdGuard does not fix the problem either.

    Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 Safari Tech Preview Release 84 (Safari 13.0, WebKit 14608.1.25.2)

    https://i.redd.it/sci2ank9he331.png

    submitted by /u/FloatyMcBoatface
    [link] [comments]

    Why is a part of this graph vertical? Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    "SeaGate 3TB" is an external drive that I have never created a folder for on my internal SSD, and yet here it is? I was able to copy files to/from it. I'm mostly confused how this location even exists. I'm aware of hidden files/folders and how to unhide them, but this doesn't strike me as that.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    Does playing music with siri on catalina work for anybody?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Whenever I try it just says sorry, i'm having trouble playing that, it's like it doesn't know about the new music app

    submitted by /u/PancakeSparkle1
    [link] [comments]

    Download OS X outside of the App Store

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:54 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    just a quick question:

    A friend of mine has a macbook which she hasnt done a software update in years (she is still on 10.10.x...ugh). Today I tried downloading Mojave from the app store and for some reason the app store login constantly fails (even with my own Apple ID which I know I entered in correctly).

    Is there a way to get the installer outside of the app store to see if the update maybe fixes those issues?

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/ger_brian
    [link] [comments]

    Windows vs Mac UI scaling. IS mac os bad?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 01:17 PM PDT

    Hi guys just finished installing bootcamp windows on my Imac for work purpose and i dont know if are my eyes but all look sharper and clear! I see on the display settings the 4k resolution. Usually on my mac i use the larger text setting because i have eye fatigue when i have to focus little UI things at default screen settings from Apple. Is that because on windows the ui settings percentage system is different from mac os? Is mac os directly changing the screen resolution to a lower one, to display larger UI elements? In windows the resolution remain the same but you can change how much you want zoomed the UI. Am i wrong? I have a 21.5 2017 4K Retina Imac.

    submitted by /u/crepuscopoli
    [link] [comments]

    About Mojave and other newer macOS (dou you miss OSX? I do!)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    I've been a Mac user since OSX Snow Leopard and I must confess I'm seeing a quite different scenario on Mac performance since Steve`s gone.

    I've been through an entry level MBP to an entry level MBA in 2010. Used it with Mountain Lion, the performance was great, all tied up and running fast as you'd hoped.

    But since what, maybe 5 years or so, and with the introduction of newer Macs, I've seen performance on old hardware, like mine, go down - it plummeted, actually.

    I transitioned from an 11" MBA to a 13" original MBA last year in October and I've been using the latest MacOSes since then now I'm feeling the will to downgrade, dreaming with my Snow Leopard performance.

    Right now I was even consulting the price of a Windows 10 Pro distribution - way better window management, and was running better than my Mac last night on my work shift (in a poorer machine).

    I'm downloading now MacOS High Sierra and will look upon installing a Suse Linux distribution on it.

    What do you guys think?

    I think that Steve used to think more than the rest, and my Mac`s now sensing it in its inners...

    submitted by /u/RacingHeartRJ
    [link] [comments]

    Torrent file client on macOS Catalina

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:17 AM PDT

    Bit torrent and Utorrent are both broken. Someone knows and alternative.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jack188611
    [link] [comments]

    is there a way to keep photos.app running in the background after closing the window?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    most other apps (safari, calendar, itunes, textedit etc.) remain open in the background after clicking the red close button. is there a way to make photos act the same way? i want it to be always ready to open and have my photos synced. does anyone know how to achieve that with photos? thanks!

    submitted by /u/gaymystic
    [link] [comments]

    How do I sync photos from the Photos app using iTunes?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:21 AM PDT

    iTunes only has iPhoto as an option. I'm using Mac OS Mojave

    submitted by /u/Luna259
    [link] [comments]

    How are imported videos managed in Catalina Apple TV app?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:55 AM PDT

    I have an extensive collection of imported (not purchased from iTunes) movies and TV shows tagged with custom metadata which I have historically managed in iTunes.

    For anyone who has tried Catalina, is this still available? I'm worried that the new TV app will only allow streaming of purchased content.

    submitted by /u/cctversions
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the best way to upgrade to an SSD ? I could do a fresh clean install of macOS but id rather not, is there an option to copy over the whole HDD over to the new SSD ?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    Tempted to buy a 2014 refurb mac mini

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    I currently have a nearly-full Apple ecosystem, and the only two devices I'm missing are a macOS device and an iPad. I don't need anything flashy on the former end; just something with decent storage and the ability to do basic web browsing and occasional simple video and sound editing. My old 2006 MacBook served me well for a time, but it has long since lost support for all web browsers and, obviously, OS updates. I had been considering keeping an eye out for newer cheap used MacBooks and the like, but I just noticed the Apple store has Mac minis in the refurbished section, and the October 2014 i5 Mini is extremely affordable. My question is: how long do you suppose Apple will provide software support for that mac? If it's even a couple years, it's worth it to me, as I don't want to buy anything new until the ARM macs come out.

    submitted by /u/blendertricks
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Bootcamp GPU issue with USB C monitor Need Help :)

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:05 AM PDT

    Hi guys i have an imac 4k retina 2017 with amd pro 555

    i have also a dell canvas (that is only compatibile with windows os,) the problem is if windows is up and started i connect the canvas by usb c and im ok, but if i shutdown the pc, then all cable are connected, then start the pc, it will reboot everytime and i cannot access to it. If i remove the usb c cable from the canvas monitor, it will start normally. whY?

    submitted by /u/crepuscopoli
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel