• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 8, 2019

    Apple Macbook Hmmm

    Apple Macbook Hmmm


    Hmmm

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    Why do things seem "bigger" on my 2015 MBP screen than my 2018 MBA?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:05 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    About a month ago I bought a 2018 MBA, and actually quite adore it for its portability, battery, and even how much work it's able to do even on that Y-series processor--though it DID succumb to a sticky Delete key and so is being repaired by Apple as we speak. Here's hoping the next keyboard works out.

    In the meantime, I'm using my retired/"home office"/backup laptop, a 2015 13-inch MBP, which has been a faithful workhorse over the years. However, coming back to this machine, I've noticed that everything on the display seems...bigger somehow? I'd gotten used to the MBA screen which, while I find absolutely beautiful, does seem to render everything a bit smaller--particularly webpages and text thereon. Can anyone explain this? Is there maybe some setting I have on my MBP checked that accounts for this (which I doubt: nothing I could see under Accessibility has been altered)?

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/detectableninja
    [link] [comments]

    Best Keyboard

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    What it the least dogsh*t keyboard available in the lineup? I have a late 2016 MBP 15 w/TB and I just can't take it anymore.

    I don't care if I "downgrade" to a MacBook Air.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/seansolo2k
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft word on MacBook?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:41 PM PDT

    HI, I've never owned a MacBook and am looking to buy one. However, I'm not sure if Microsoft word is supported on the MacBook.

    I am also not willing to spend money on it and am looking to pirate it. Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/permabannedonmymain
    [link] [comments]

    2011 MBP Grey screen help

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    My 2011 MBP has the grey screen stuck upon booting up. I have yanked out my old internal drive and made a bootable external hard drive (I know this drive works because I have tested it on my wife's Mac). When I plug that external into my Mac and start it while holding option I get the option to use my external drive or the recovery that's on it. I chose the drive itself because it has the operating system. It goes to the grey screen with apple logo and the loading bar. The bar loads and then goes to the blank grey screen again just like my old hard drive that I thought was shot... so maybe my drive isn't bad at all, but something is not working causing it to not boot up. I know the internal drive isn't shot completely because when I plug it into my wife's MacBook via usb I can get to all my data. So I assumed the OS was corrupt.

    What other issue could I be facing? I am trying to hold off on buying a new Mac for a little while longer. I am assuming it's not the data cable that connects the internal drive since when I boot up easing the external drive there is no internal drive install.

    submitted by /u/FSU_FIREMEDIC
    [link] [comments]

    Base MacBook Air 2018 vs. Base MacBook Pro

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    So I'm stuck deciding between these 2 laptops as the only differentiating factor seems to be the processor and I'm not sure how much better the Pro processor is than the air considering the base pro model hasn't been updated since 2017.

    submitted by /u/noah101
    [link] [comments]

    Is Macbook Pro 2019 15 inches good for Cinema4D (will use it mostly for modelling work)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Is Macbook Pro 2019 15 inches good for Cinema4D (will use it mostly for modelling work)

    I want to creating something like this. No animation.

    Thanks so much for your answers :)

    https://i.redd.it/xkomr09ae7331.png

    submitted by /u/kuchikopirob
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a MacBook Air. How does it compare to my current laptop?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Hey y'all, as part of my job I recently just started, I was gifted a brand new MacBook Air (the most recent 128 gb model). However, I had recently bought a laptop about 4 months ago (https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/7901687/HP-14-cf0051od-Laptop-14-Screen/) that I've really enjoyed so far as a life long PC user.

    In terms of my usage patterns, I do a lot of writing, reading PDF's, make PowerPoints, might occasionally do some statistical analysis and the like. On my free time, I browse social media, watch YouTube/Netflix/Hulu/whatever, and I also like to torrent movies and series.

    I'm hoping you guys can help me objectively compare these two laptops and choose what is best for me. For what it's worth, I've also recently bought an iPad, so the integration between the iPad and MacBook is something I've been thinking about, though by no means a deal breaker.

    submitted by /u/MicrobialCapricorn
    [link] [comments]

    2011 11in MacBook Air not turning on

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    Hi. I'm not sure if this post fits here so if it doesn't please do whatever to it but I have had a 2011 MacBook Air 11in for nearly a year now. I got it used from a friend. Yesterday I went to log in and the q,w,e,r,t,y,u,I,o keys wouldn't work. Neither will the power button or the light on the caps lock. I originally couldn't get it to turn off and when I finally did somehow I am now unable to get it powered back on. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/lk0657
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a 2019 MacBook Pro 15" or should I wait for the redesigned 2020 model?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    I am about to be a first-time MBP owner, and I am not sure whether I should buy a 2019 15" MBP or wait a whole year for the 2020 model. What are some new features of the new model?

    submitted by /u/Chaos__________
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Problem

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Safari Problem

    Have been using chrome ever since i got my Macbook Pro, decided to open safari today but an unexpected problem occurred when i tried opening it. The extension menu for safari came up along with safari but does not allow me to type or click anything, whenever i do just makes the error noise. Is there a fix for this really confused on why this happened when i do not have any extensions on my safari. Would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to fix this problem thank you.

    https://i.redd.it/rlicnmogz5331.png

    submitted by /u/Durukah
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro (early 2015) won't turn on.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:59 AM PDT

    Hey, I googled but I am here asking for your help because I didn't solve my problem.

    This morning my macbook pro didn't turn on. It has been left connected to the charger the whole night before and this morning the led was green.

    ( Sometimes when plugged for charging the led won't turn on and it was needed to move it a bit to work. )

    I tried the SMC reset by holding down together shift + ctrl + option + power. Nothing happened to the light, still green.

    I removed the back lid and diconnected the battery, plugged the charger and now led is orange (charging status) and if I try for a SMC reset the led goes green and then back orange. Macbook still won't turn on.

    No liquid has been spilled over.

    What could be the reason? What other tests could I try?

    submitted by /u/Nutr1a
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    Hi redditors. I have a question about my macbook, so basically my friend leaned his palm on my new macbook while standing (not fully weighing on it but there was some firm pressure) on the top right corner while it was closed. I want to know if that could have done any damage to the macbook or could have bent the body since it's really thin and fragile (it's the 2018 MBA). I'd really appreciate everyone's help

    submitted by /u/buteraz93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel