• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 8, 2019

    Apple Help I purchased a developer account today...after I payed for this, this came up..is this normal? That it doesnt recognize the membership? Even though I received a mail about this.

    Apple Help I purchased a developer account today...after I payed for this, this came up..is this normal? That it doesnt recognize the membership? Even though I received a mail about this.


    I purchased a developer account today...after I payed for this, this came up..is this normal? That it doesnt recognize the membership? Even though I received a mail about this.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    2011 MacBook Pro- Finder ’Not Responding’ on wake-up

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    Hi AppleHelp,

    New here but having an issue with my MacBook.

    I have a 2011 13inch MacBook Pro i7 dual core with an SSD installed. OSX Sierra 10.12

    Two issues I am having:

    Since the Sierra update whenever the computer starts up a finder window opens with DfTremolo.nib I usually just close this window.

    The bigger issue is 3-4 times recently I wake the computer up and see a blank desktop with no icons. If I hover over finder it says "not responding" and it won't let me relaunch. I have to reboot the computer to get it working.

    Any solutions for me to try?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/NoToothDecay
    [link] [comments]

    "Approval Request Sent" box and screen randomly turning on

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    This happens for about 2 weeks and then stops, I have no idea what triggers it to start happening.

    Whenever I unlock my phone, a box pops up saying "Approval Request Sent" for half a second, and then it disappears. Then, every time I turn off my phone, the screen turns back on again for no reason after a couple seconds (sometimes twice) unless I have do not disturb on.

    I also have the problem that I can't do anything that involves 2 factor authorization because I don't have any other apple devices so any solution to the problem I've found online hasn't worked.

    I have no idea how to fix this and it's slowly been driving me insane so if anyone has any idea how I can fix this please let me know

    submitted by /u/miasands
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone stuck on "waiting for iPhone" when trying to restore from DFU

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:35 PM PDT

    I have a dead iphone 6. Managed the charge the iPhone externally, and itunes detects it in DFU mode, but the screen stays black. Think it is booting into DFU. When I try to restore, it gets stuck on "waiting for iPhone". After unplugging the device, I get error 4014.

    I have also tried flashing with 3uTools, but i get to 11% and "ERROR: Unable to switch DFU mode to Recovery Mode."

    Any advice? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/iLuLWaT
    [link] [comments]

    I have (as you can see) 6 1/2 GB’s of storage and when I try to download a 500 mega byte app it says I’m full. Is this my phone or is apple stupid? ( I mean it is)

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    MacBook Air won’t start back up but battery light still shines... please help! Poor college student who needs her laptop!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 09:38 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    If you couldn't already tell by my poorly worded title, this is my first post to reddit and after having this account for a long time it now feels appropriate to finally put it to use. So getting started this is a 2015 MacBook Air. It's been my trusty steed throughout college so far and I really need it to continue me through the rest. I was watching a video when the sound started not working. For clarification, the keys continued to work but simply no sound was coming out. I did some light googling and decided to restart. The issue persisted so I shut down the laptop and when I tried to turn it back on- nothing!! It still shines amber when plugged into a power source & I tried to do an extended smc restart (mind you I am a 20 year old girl with no technology experience). Is there anything anyone would recommend trying to help?

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/zoelazowski23
    [link] [comments]

    Needing help on installing os high sierra on a partitioned mac

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:45 PM PDT

    So I have a mac with sierra and want to partition my hard drive so I can still keep my old programs working of course.

    I was able to find how to partition my hard drive but it's just so confusing trying to find a solid answer and to make sure if I update that it only is focused on one hard drive. I don't have a physical cd copy of high sierra and the only thing I can find on apples official store are updates within high sierra and not just high sierra itself

    I'm finding multiple sites/videos/etc. and just want to know if anyone on there has done something similar successfully. I try to download from a site that was recommended to me by someone who works at a computer store near me

    https://www.hackintosh.computer/199/direct-download-macos/

    I had the thing downloading for literally four hours and at the end it says "download failed"

    Please help and thanks again

    submitted by /u/Ihaveastupidstory
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete leftover files in iCloud Drive

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    How to permanently delete those useless leftover files created by deleted apps?

    Tried to delete those files but after disable and re-enable iCloud Drive, everything returned.

    https://i.redd.it/chtpt69y09331.png

    Also, I notice that on iOS 13 Files, this folder (not the same name but the same content) was marked read-only (now hidden after re-enable iCloud Drive)

    submitted by /u/pbni6n
    [link] [comments]

    I need help recovering my paper from word after a crash

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    So: My mac just crashed for the first time ever. It's a 2017 model MacBook Pro 13". I had been writing intensively in word since I got my exam questions on tuesday, when I decided to take a break. I guess watching Hikaru Nakamura stream on Twitch in Chrome with many research tabs, a couple of PDFs, PPXs and Word documents open was more than it could handle.

    Stupid and careless as I was, I did not save the process. I guess plenty of earlier crashes on PC gave me no problems with recovering my progress, which has lulled me into a false sense of security. I cannot find my paper anywhere. I googled and read about something called AutoRecovery, but I could not find that either. I am writing here in the hopes that any of you have some kind of idea as to what I can do?

    The subject is closely related to determinism, so it even has this tragicomic undertone.

    submitted by /u/Jovaras
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 headphone jack not working

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 01:52 PM PDT

    The lightning port is still able to charge my phone but my adapter will not allow me to play music. Tried multiple pairs of headphones to make sure its not them and they all worked on other devices but no my phone. Anyone had an experiences like this or know how to fix it? Any advice would be great. I have to carry around another phone just to listen to music!

    submitted by /u/Nekrogoblikon1708
    [link] [comments]

    Hey so I’m trying to unlock a iPhone 6

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:56 PM PDT

    So I got this iPhone 6 from a third party and I was trying to get a SIM card but the phone was locked and I was reading an article on was to unlock it with going to the original provider to get it unlocked. And I stumbled upon this thing called "doctor unlock" or something and I was wondering if it was reliable and not a scam for my 28 bucks

    submitted by /u/Koolest_Of_AIDS
    [link] [comments]

    making a redundant backup of My wife's iTunes but using the media on my computer

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:38 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I have 2x 8tb external drives and we've been taking our dvd's and ripping them onto our drive so that we can airplay to our apple tv -just to make it all more simple. My wife has been organizing the movies on itunes with movie posters and reviews etc. Her iTunes looks really nice and the media library (all of itunes) is stored on her hard drive. I am soon going to wipe my drive and reformat it to Exfat (same as hers). If I backup her hard drive to mine for redundancy can I use my own account on iTunes and use all of her media (just movies and TV shows)?

    She has an imac running 10.14.3 and I have Windows 10

    submitted by /u/Mr_Incredible91
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrades for iMac 27" Late 2009

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:52 PM PDT

    Mine is pretty much maxed out, i7, 16GB or ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB graphics, 1TB HD.

    However, I would like to know what other hardware upgrades can I do to it? I've read somewhere that I can up upgrade the CPU to a Xeon and that there is a 1GB GPU from the 2011 iMac that I can install to it.

    Can anyone give me a list of better parts that I can buy to upgrade it?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/pigoath
    [link] [comments]

    Fingerprints Doest unlock phone Help!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    So I recently got a used iPhone 7 Plus (with newest software) but it doesn't unlock my phone with my finger print. It does let me download apps using my fingerprint. I've tried turning it off/on and while holding the volume down and deleting fingerprints and adding new ones.

    submitted by /u/ThaRealObie
    [link] [comments]

    Pay for iCloud with one card, Apps/Apple Music with another?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    The situation: I use the 2TB iCloud Drive plan for work. They pay for it, I use my own Apple ID however, as all my app purchases (graphic designer) and other subscriptions (Apple Music) are linked to it. I don't want to make a new Apple ID as all my devices, Apple care, purchases etc are all linked to my existing one.

    Now I use a work credit card to pay for the iCloud plan. But I want to use my personal card to pay for my personal subscriptions and app purchases.

    Currently what I have to do is switch the "preferred payment option" to my personal card every time I want to make a personal purchase and then switch it back for the monthly iCloud bill. But it's a clunky and inelegant method.

    Is it possible to specific "this card for this service, and this other card for this other service"?

    submitted by /u/James_Fucking_Holden
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Photos uploading to iCloud. Can I delete my source?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 06:06 PM PDT

    So I just finished importing a few thousand photos/videos to Photos on my Mac. It's now uploading them one by one to iCloud Photos. Can I delete the folder where I added it from? Did Photos make a copy for itself elsewhere or should I wait for the uploading to complete?

    Bonus: I ended up having to upload my PC photos to iCloud Drive and THEN import to Photos (therefore iCloud Photos) for the whole thing to work.

    submitted by /u/ElectricBrain
    [link] [comments]

    connectivity always an issues with wireless earbuds - is it because I have an iPhone 6?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:54 PM PDT

    I don't think I've ever had wireless earbuds where I have had no issues with and I have gone through a lot of earbuds. Is it because I have an iPhone 6 and maybe the frequency is old? I have no idea how wireless earbuds work but that is the best I have come up with. Should I just get a new phone? iPhone X has been on my want list for a year.

    submitted by /u/Mave0193
    [link] [comments]

    How to backup Apple Photos when most of your library is on iCloud?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:43 PM PDT

    My Photos library is about 290 GB's big, and is all synced to iCloud, with the correct metadata and album/memories organisation. I have my iCloud preferences set to store these photos/videos on iCloud and only keep a few on my Mac and iPhone, because my Mac only has 256 GB SSD storage, same as my iPhone.

    I'm looking into backing up this collection every few months from now. To my understanding, backing up can take one of three forms:

    1. Copying the Photos Library file (Photos Library.photoslibrary file in the Pictures folder in Finder) on to a backup drive. Simple and straightforward.
    2. Using Time Machine? Is this actually a backup solution?
    3. A cloud solution such as Backblaze. I may get this in the future for redundancy and peace of mind.

    So I'm interested in solution 1.

    The issue here is that if I copy Photos Library.photoslibrary now, most of the photos will only be thumbnails because they are stored on iCloud and not locally. So I would have to change my iCloud preferences to "keep all on device", which would download everything locally. But I don't have enough space to do that.

    Is there a work-around or solution for this issue? I was hoping Apple Photos would have some sort of a function that would allow me to backup by sequentially downloading photos/videos, backing them up, and then deleting the local copy one by one.

    submitted by /u/ser_fucksalot
    [link] [comments]

    iMac G5 Help!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:23 PM PDT

    So I recently found a iMac G5 on somes lawn and it I plugged it in to see if it worked, surprisingly it powered on except the LCD doesn't work. I opened it up to take a look and think I found the issue (refer to photo). Can some one tell me if this is the problem if so I can go order a replacement piece. Thanks ahead.

    https://gyazo.com/8aec99fa5a510b5f9bb83c596df44b43

    submitted by /u/FLamy500
    [link] [comments]

    Wiping my mac air

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 05:22 PM PDT

    If I factory reset my mac air I know it will remove any of my information but, will that also clear any viruses on the computer as well or could some remain

    submitted by /u/me-you-and-nothing
    [link] [comments]

    Apple A1048 Keyboard Keycaps?

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    Hello, I came across an old apple keyboard the other day, and was trying to clean it up. However the keys were yellowed and absolutely filthy. When I tried removing them with tweezers most of them just snapped (this was a really old keyboard). Is it possible to buy these Keycaps anywhere? Sorry if this is the wrong sub.

    submitted by /u/jakoboi_
    [link] [comments]

    My battery

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    When I'm at 50% my battery just dies. I have an iPhone 6s if that helps

    submitted by /u/chrisnaenae
    [link] [comments]

    snapchat cropping

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 03:15 PM PDT

    Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I just had a question. Friend recently got iPhone X and I was expecting their snaps to have black bars either side, but they don't, they get cropped at the top and bottom to fit 16:9 display. thing is, everyone else with a taller phone that posts to their story gets black bars either side. wondering if my friend has missed a setting or something? or snap is changing cropping and not everyone has the change yet?

    submitted by /u/Luke_S4
    [link] [comments]

    Not another iPhone X vs XR thread, I promise! Battery Question

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    I recently got an XR when I thought my X was toast. Unexpectedly got it back after it was too late to return the XR. I'm going to give one of them to my wife to use. I prefer the form factor of the X but everything else about the XR really impressed me. But enough about that, there seems to be a 1000 X vs XR threads so I'm not getting in to the comparison of the two.

    The battery is specifically what puzzles me. In real world use the XR definitely feels like it has the stronger battery. In reviews and on paper it supports the same idea. But in trying to decide between the two I watched quite a few battery test videos on YouTube. It seemed like in most videos the OLED phones (X, Xs, Xs Max) held up better than the LCD-based XR. One thing I did note was they seemed to crank the brightness to 100%.

    Anyone know specifically why the XR doesn't seem to live up to the battery hype in these videos?

    submitted by /u/th3_d3v3lop3r
    [link] [comments]

    Question regarding iCloud storage backups

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 02:38 PM PDT

    My mother's iphone recently ran out of iCloud storage space and I wanted to clear some space. So far, I've downloaded the iCloud desktop app and transferred all of her photos and videos to the PC. I've then disabled and deleted her photos/videos from iCloud storage and freed up almost 1 Gb of space.

    I've noticed that Backups are taking up over 3 Gbs of space, and wanted to know what deleting that from iCloud storage will do. Will this delete things like her contacts? Is there any way to trim the fat here or back it up to PC somehow? Thanks

    submitted by /u/mantrapantra
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel