• Breaking News

    Friday, June 21, 2019

    Apple Macbook Has anyone found a privacy screen that will allow the Macbook to properly close, or will they always have that small gap?

    Apple Macbook Has anyone found a privacy screen that will allow the Macbook to properly close, or will they always have that small gap?


    Has anyone found a privacy screen that will allow the Macbook to properly close, or will they always have that small gap?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Work is providing new computers for everyone (yay!) and I'm looking at accessories for it now. I need a privacy screen and preferably an iSight cover as well to start with. Seems like if I want that I have to put up with the gap, but has anyone found screen covers/cam-blockers that do that the least?

    submitted by /u/triplec787
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 Macbook Pro - RAM advice

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 10:11 PM PDT

    Could any of you guys help me? I've got a mid 2012 Mackbook Pro which is no longer my main laptop (don't shoot me, but I've gone back to Windows for DJing). I do, however, use my Macbook for music production after it breaking on me last year. Turned out it needed a new circuit board thingy for the hard drive, and I put an SSD in at the same time.

    Anyway, I'm struggling using Ableton Live and need to upgrade the RAM. I've read conflicting things about the maximum I can put it. Is it 16GB total or 16GB per slot? And, on that note, can anyone recommend any? I'm siding with Crucial at the moment but open to suggestions.

    submitted by /u/piepiecaptain
    [link] [comments]

    eGPU with a Vega 64

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:22 PM PDT

    I have a PC with a Vega 64 and was thinking of buying a eGPU box and sticking it in there and giving it a whirl with the current model MBA (which I already own).

    Any one have a recommendation based on their own experience for a eGPU box for a Vega 64 by chance?

    submitted by /u/Ehrendii
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Keyboard Replacement:8 days, 3 visits to Apple, still counting

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:03 PM PDT

    TL;dr I handed my computer to Apple 8 days ago for a keyboard replacement, got hung up on by Apple Support, talked to a manager that was going through a script, and still waiting for my computer.

    I've had my MacBook for roughly 4 months; had the keyboard replaced once, there was a problem with the Touch ID sensor when I got it back, it was fixed the next day. 8 days for the repairs to be done; I didn't say a word.

    On the 13th, I brought my computer to Apple Store Montreal Downtown for another keyboard replacement as I had a problem with the e key. They spotted the problem right away, as e key would double press pretty much all the time. They didn't have the part in stock; they told me it'd be there in a day so they will able to finish the repairs in 5-7 days. I left my computer there.

    June 19th, around 8PM, I got an e-mail saying my computer is ready for pickup. The next morning, I got a call from Apple Store saying my computer is ready for pick up. I went there, they changed the keyboard alright; but the computer doesn't turn on. They don't have any excuses, only stuff like "Ooh, we run the tests but sometimes stuff like this happens." The computer doesn't turn on, it's not like it happens once in a while or anything. The computer doesn't turn on. I was unhappy. So I called Apple Support.

    I asked the first person that I talked to whether I should talk to the manager myself here or they can help me over the phone (I've read on Reddit that it's better to call Apple Support); he told me that they'll help me, and then he transferred me to his senior adviser (E******). He told me he can't help me at first, then asked me to pass my phone to one of the employees. I told him that I won't give my phone to anyone, then he hung up on me.

    Then I called again; managed to talk to Customer Relations, the lady helping me reached out to the Apple Store, they told her it'd be done in 24 hours.

    Today I went to the Apple Store to pick up my computer. And there is something on the left speaker grille that's clearly a manufacturing defect. (I don't know whether it was there yesterday) I asked the person helping me what that is, he told me he didn't know, he asked someone else and that lady told me in a mocking voice "It's dust, it's literally dust" Anyways they took the computer back, and the person initially helping me came back with a technician (the lady did not come back, understandably) and they told me they'd have to change the top case again. They told me they'd hopefully be done by Sunday. (The store is closed on Monday anyways)

    Then I decided to talk to their Manager A*** (I have all the names, even if this particular person told me his name doesn't matter). Highlights of what he told me:

    • They're doing their best by repairing it in 24 hours instead of 5-7 days, totally ignoring the last 8 days.
    • He wasn't there yesterday, so he doesn't know/care about what happened yesterday.
    • He doesn't think there is a problem with the repair quality at that Apple Store
    • There is nothing he can do, aside from what he's doing.

    I've never had such problems with Apple before, and I also shared these with the person at Customer Relations that I'm talking to. I was expecting some sympathy from the manager I talked to and I definitely wasn't expecting to be hung up on.

    PS: I have photos/videos of every incident.

    PPS: I was asked to sign the page saying I picked up the device at Apple Store before I actually got to try it out. I didn't do that, obviously.

    submitted by /u/mrplt
    [link] [comments]

    Please help! 20,000 photos on physical hard drive of old MacBook... how do I transfer them to new MacBook Air?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    Thanks for reading! I've been stuck on this for so long. I think someone at the Apple store said I needed something called a "cache" to transfer (hopefully) the photos that are on the hard drive to my current MacBook Air. Can anyone guide me on what I may need to purchase to access these photos? All of my travels from my 20s and living abroad are on them so I'm really hoping there's a way to do this. I just don't know what to ask for or where to find it. Thank you so much!!!

    submitted by /u/DeeverD
    [link] [comments]

    Any major difference between 2.6GHz 6-Core Processor & 2.3GHz 8-Core Processor on 2019 macbook pro?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:35 PM PDT

    All I plan on using my macbook pro for is music production (FL Studio) & coding in xcode for school and personal projects.

    submitted by /u/Taydog21
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2019 13" ghosting/slow refresh rate

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    I just bought a 2019 MacBook Pro 13" and I am immediately noticing the refresh rate and trails behind text and images when compared to my old 2015 model. Is this a widespread thing or is there something wrong with my display?

    submitted by /u/pak4e
    [link] [comments]

    2012 Retina Battery on Mojave vs Yosemite

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    I just upgraded my Mid-2012 MBP to Mojave from Yosemite. On Yosemite, my battery cycle was over 1800 and poor quality w/ replace warning (I'm planning on having it replaced). But when I installed Mojave, the cycle count is substantially less 1200 and the health warning is gone, now saying the battery is in good health. And this isn't just reflected by what System Info says, but also CoconutBattery (although the two differ a slight bit on time remaining in the battery). Has anyone seen this? Was the info in Yosemite incorrect, or is Mojave incorrect?

    submitted by /u/bagofweights
    [link] [comments]

    Got a usb-c to dual DisplayPort adapter to drive two 4k monitors @ 60Hz. Great! But then also added other USB-C devices, and a USB-A device. Between all of that plus the power cable for the laptop, it became a rats-nest of cables to connect every time I sat down to work. Is there a solution?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:06 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 13 2016 vs Macbook 12 2017

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit!
    I don't know which one to choose. Pretty much the same price, both used with guarantee (Macbook 12' with swaped keyboard).

    Parameters:
    Macbook Pro 13 2016: Intel Core i5-6360U, 256 gb ssd, 8gb ram

    Macbook 12: Intel Core m3-7Y32 256 gb ssd, 8gb ram

    What I need:
    Macbook capable of Xcode, Android Studio (basics), Mail, Net browsing.

    The advantage of macbook 12 is a size, it's just beautiful, but well double thunderbolt in macbook pro seems way more convienient. What do you think, which one should I choose to use mostly Xcode and Android Studio?

    submitted by /u/HandsomeAsFukk
    [link] [comments]

    Double-click to resize window just bounces back to previous size

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Hey all, trying to figure out what's going on with my MacBook at work. I've had this problem multiple times using different apps and can't seem to narrow down what the specific conditions are that causes it, but here's the issue (please pardon if my terminology is wrong, I've used PCs all my life until my most recent job):

    I open a window. Double click on the top of it to resize to max (not trying to go full blown full screen). Usually this works fine. Once in a while, the window will expand to full but then immediately bounce back to the previous size. The only way I can seem to get it to expand properly is to then manually drag the corners to fill the screen.

    Does anyone know what's going on/how to fix? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SpaceSuitSloth
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Question about MacBook Displays

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 10:16 AM PDT

    So I've been trying to decide between the purchase of a 12 inch Macbook, or 13 inch Macbook Pro - I finally realized the best balance might just be to get the new MacBook Air model.

    But wanted to ask a question about the display:

    For the 12 inch and pro models the Apple website says:

    "12-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display" and "13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display"

    But for the MacBook Air it says:

    "13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology"

    Can anyone tell me what the advantage or disadvantage of the with IPS technology is? Is the display worse? better? is the difference significant? insignificant?

    Any information is appreciated! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ShadowXJ
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 256BG Photo Volume Full Error

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 256GB and the photo volume is full and doesn't allow me to import any photos. I generally do not manually import photos into my mac as they are downloaded from iCloud and normally taken on my iphone.

    Apples photo settings are somewhat confusing...My Iphone is a 256GB, and my iCloud is 1TB. I think iCloud is the main location for them, but not positive. What is the best way to move forward and allow me to import more photos onto my mac?

    My mac has 30GB left.

    submitted by /u/PompanoKey
    [link] [comments]

    Best browser for a late 2009 MacBook White?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:40 PM PDT

    With only 2gb of ram which browser would you recommend for a smoother browsing experience? I assume Chrome is out of the question.

    It runs El Capitan by the way, will updating to Sierra speed things up or just stick with El Capitan?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/BannedLife4
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome takes 5-30 seconds to start loading a new page.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    I have been fighting this issue for the last 8 months when I upgraded my MBP.

    Nearly anytime I try to open a new window to load a page in google chrome there is a 5-30 second delay before the page starts loading. It isn't an internet speed issue, because it happens even if I open a new window and try to pull up chrome://settings.

    If a page has already been loaded it doesn't have issues when navigating to new pages on that site, but reddit will give me issues at times when trying to load embedded content from imgur or gifycat.

    Firefox and Safari load pages fine when this issue is happening.

    I have tried resetting chrome back to defaults, disabled all extensions, tried with "Use hardware acceleration when available" enabled and disabled. I've found nothing to pinpoint the problem.

    Is my best bet to ditch chrome and use a different browser as my primary? Any other ideas?

    submitted by /u/tjwor
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2018 vs 2019 (w/Touchbar)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 11:32 AM PDT

    So I can either buy a new 2019 Macbook Pro 13" base for $1620 or the 2018 Macbook Pro 13" base model but Apple certified refurbished for $1300. Does the new keyboard material and faster CPU warrant the $320 increase in cost? I don't really need a faster CPU but I would like a more reliable keyboard.

    Another option would be the 2017 Pro without touchbar refurbished for $999.

    submitted by /u/Dumasta96
    [link] [comments]

    New Macbook Pro (MR962LL/A) - Known Issues or Concerns

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    I am considering picking up a 15" Macbook Pro from Costco. Its been a few years since I bought a new Macbook. Recently I've seen complaints about the keyboard & battery on some models. Are there any other concerns I should look into? Compared to my Windows Laptop, I really miss how efficient OS X is with resource management. I run a lot of virtual machines, and my old macbook with 8GB of ram seems to run the same if not better than my Windows 10 laptop with 32GB of ram.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/seag33k
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Keyboard Cleaners

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Hello all! I am looking for a keyboard cleaner that can help keep my macbook clean. Does anyone have any brand recommendations, or any product recommendations? (Was thinking of getting a mini vacuum, but not sure how effective it is.)

    submitted by /u/fortheloveoflit
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing Mid 2014 A1398 MacBook Pro with 2015 screen

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Hi the title is pretty explanatory, would their be any problems with fitting a newer year but same model screen onto the same model number MacBook , as my current screen is broken. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/adams_enior
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook for College Freshman

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! Joining a college in the United States this fall for a degree in Economics. Could please help solve my dilemma of which MacBook to buy. Currently using the 13" inch MacBook Pro 2012 model so desperately need an upgrade. Not a heavy user. Need it to write papers, run research applications, and also programming in R. Leaning towards either the 2019 MacBook Pro 13" no Touch Bar or the MacBook Air. Please shed some light and also suggest if you have any other recommendations.

    Im just scared that if I go for these 2019 pro or air models, and redesigned ones come out in there near future, I'll miss out on them. When can we expect apple to release the new models?

    Thanks for your time!

    Yours Sincerely KS

    submitted by /u/Kurrasamanyu
    [link] [comments]

    Bootlag

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have a A1502 MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2014 and I've noticed that nowadays, after pressing the power button, it takes a while to appear Apple logo, but the "sound" is almost immediately after pressing the button. Does anyone knows why this happens? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jakomys
    [link] [comments]

    Data recovery issue 2019 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    I bought a Macbook pro 2019 model 16 days ago after suffering a major data loss on a Chromebook.

    Over the last 16 days i have been organising my files on my new Macbook sorting out doubles of what i have between back ups, over all this is the only secure copy of my files(on the 2019 macbook).

    Where my issue gets tricky is the new Macbooks have a security chip on the hard drive not allowing access unless the computer powers on.

    Does anyone have any advice or experience getting data off of the 2019 macbook?

    Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated .

    submitted by /u/xcelsior84
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2017 base model laggy while rendering

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 01:15 AM PDT

    rendering on final cut, laptop is super hot and slow. I know it's baseline but curious if that is normal?

    submitted by /u/Militiaspack
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel