• Breaking News

    Friday, June 21, 2019

    Apple Help Brother passed away - we think his will is on his macbook; but it's "encrypted". Any options?

    Apple Help Brother passed away - we think his will is on his macbook; but it's "encrypted". Any options?


    Brother passed away - we think his will is on his macbook; but it's "encrypted". Any options?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 01:20 PM PDT

    My late brother has a recent Macbook, new iphone and an apple watch that all seem to be tied together. We think his will is on his Macbook - we took it to a IT company but they won't touch it for fear of wiping out the data. Do we have any options? Any advice appreciated

    edit: apple support has a process for this, considered this solved thanks

    submitted by /u/ausieborn
    [link] [comments]

    Simple introduction to how iCloud works

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:07 PM PDT

    I've recently started relying a bit more on iCloud. But I'm trying to distinguish the various categories of how storage gets used and what data gets backed up.

    I notice:

    • Apps using iCloud

    ** Within this category, it seems that "Find My iPhone", "iCloud Backup", and "iCloud Drive" are particularly important.

    • Managing iCloud storage

    ** You have various apps with their own relevant data stored here. Like Photos and Apple Books.

    ** "Backups" is a separate category. Within this option, you can choose data to backup. Some data that appears in the "manage storage" area as well.

     

    Guiding questions:

    • What exactly is the difference between "Apps Using iCloud", "Choose data to backup" ?

    • What is the purpose of iCloud drive? Is it a subset?

    Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I was having some trouble keeping track.

    submitted by /u/HyraxFusion
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Windows 10 - Using almost 6 GB of RAM?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    Oops.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    I'm seeing these weird icons in my address bar. Is this a bug?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:39 PM PDT

    Is it possible to change the email attached to my Apple ID if that email’s domain no longer exists?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:32 PM PDT

    Sorry if that question is confusing. Basically, years ago my mom made an Apple ID account so we could all use iTunes and whatnot. I still use the same account, many years later. In fact, the email attached to that account is under a domain that doesn't even exist anymore (embarqmail). I'd like to get it switched over to my own email, but if that requires somehow signing it to the old email account and deactivating/unlinking it, that won't be possible obviously. Reading Apple's walkthrough, it doesn't seem like I'll need to have access to that email account, so long as I know the password to the Apple ID account (which I do). But I really don't want to get started on the switch and find myself somehow locked out of my account and need access to my mom's graveyarded email account in order to regain it (this has happened with other accounts that were attached to that email). I have wayyyy too much music spent on this music library to lose access to it. If anyone could confirm that I'll be fine in switching over my email, that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/-Jack-The-Stripper
    [link] [comments]

    Track Stolen iPhone of Deceased Relative?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    I've quite a... situation.

    The husband of a cousin of mine died tragically recently (traffic accident). They've recovered most of his belongings that he had with him when he died. However, his iPhone is missing. Someone had tried to call the phone multiple times and on at least one occasion someone answered but hung up.

    It's obviously stolen. But the family doesn't know how to activate the tracking feature without his passwords. What would you do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/santagoo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone is unlocked but can't remember password

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 09:30 PM PDT

    I was using my phone normally today and i just randomly forgot the password. It's still unlocked but i can't remember my password to change it in touch id & passcode

    submitted by /u/Hey_Papito
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to move my notes that were synced to an email over to my iPhone's internal storage. When I did this the app crashed and I lost hundreds of notes.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to move my notes from my iPhone 5S to my Galaxy S9. All of my notes that I had from the 5 years I had this iPhone 5S were in an email folder. When I transferred everything to my Galaxy S9 only the notes on my phone transferred over (only 1 note). I tried moving my notes from my email to my iPhone storage but the app crashed and when I open it there's only a few notes synced to the email when there were previously hundreds.

    I've tried doing some research on this and it seems there's supposed to be a recently deleted folder, but I don't see one. I checked the Gmail account that those notes were on and there's only a few there. Does anyone know how I'd be able to recover all of these lost notes? I'm on iOS 10.2 if that's relevant. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sackchum
    [link] [comments]

    Will the iPad Pro connect to a 2014 Apple external monitor?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    It's an Apple Thunderbolt Display.

    submitted by /u/answerseeker2
    [link] [comments]

    How does iPhone 7's warranty work?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:49 PM PDT

    I bought my iPhone 7 new for $200 at cricket mobile. A week ago I dropped it while riding a razor and it got ran over. The screen got cracked and it was basically glitching out and tapping stuff everywhere but everything but the screen was completely fine. I haven't had it for a year yet. Does the one year warranty cover screen? This might sound like a really dumb question.

    Also my force touch still works, wondering if it will be cheaper if they don't have to replace that.

    (Only reason I'm asking these questions is I'm going to the apple store tomorrow and they will give me a big fat fee of 150 dollars which is a lot to ask for from a teen.. my dad forces me to pay my own bill and I don't want to be short on money since I don't have a job. He literally only does it to try and force me to get a job, not sure why but he will not leave me alone about it. He claims it is to "teach me responsibility" but I really don't understand why whenever he pays it and we literally just hand him the money 2 weeks later. Really wish I have parents that actually thought how much it effects me since I don't have a job.. should've just not bought a phone until he would buy me one eventually because of safety.)

    srry about that rant ugh

    submitted by /u/brenxo112
    [link] [comments]

    Verification loop?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:44 PM PDT

    I am trying to buy a song from my fully updated iPhone on the iTunes Store.

    When I click buy, a pop up asks me to use Touch ID to pay.

    It then tells me that verification is required. I answer two security questions that I know are correct (I tried a different answer for one and it said it was wrong.)

    After this, it asks me if I am sure I want to purchase it.

    If I click yes, it waits a second then the original Touch ID purchase screen pops up. If I continue to follow the instructions it will repeat forever.

    No money is changed from my account and at no point does the song begin downloading. I am very confused as I have never before had issues with my Apple ID. If there is any fix for this I would absolutely love to hear it :D

    submitted by /u/brenda842
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro unresponsive, loading bar stuck.. etc

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    2011 macbook pro out of nowhere taking forever to boot and its unusable when finally booted, activity monitor says its using 95+% cpu usage from the operating system(kernal) and the keyboard isnt working. Also wifi says something like no hardware installed. I cant do an smc reset or ram reset or go into safe mode or recovery mode since its not responding to any keys nor with a usb external keyboard. Sometimes it randomly turns on aswell when i press option command shift key

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud upload stuck on 1%

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    Hey guys , recently bought the 50gb iCloud storage plan for my iPhone 7 to upload all my photos, but it's been stuck on 1% for 2 hours. Any idea on how to fix this???

    submitted by /u/SSPeeps
    [link] [comments]

    In-app purchase refunded but game credits still present within the game?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    After a mistake on my part (lack of paying attention while closing my app led me to mistakenly purchasing extra credits on a game) Apple was kind enough to refund me as it was a one-off mistake... however, after the refund was approved, the game still featured those credits I mistakenly purchased...

    I'm a bit weary to start playing the game again since they are still there. Will they disappear in time?

    submitted by /u/trxeane
    [link] [comments]

    Two factor authentification problem

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Every time I am sent the verification code, none of the phones or pads in the family receive it. The number also that their supposed to go to or text to is a fake number that doesnt exist.

    How do i fix this

    submitted by /u/cooldude10000
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air (mid-2013) still worth buying?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    Hello, so I'm thinking of buying a used MacBook Air (mid-2013) 4GB Ram, 128 GB storage, 13.3", Core i5 1.3 GHz processor. I don't have the budget for new MacBook Air and this kinda fits perfectly within my budget. I want to know if it is a good choice to still buy this? I will probably end up using it for 2 years. Or should I try and go for same model but with 8 GB ram as I'm not sure if 4 GB will be sufficient for running Chrome.

    Use case: 1. Legal Research and Drafting. Microsoft Word and PDFs should work smoothly. 2. Web browsing. As I'm going to use it for legal research, I will have 10-15 tabs open in chrome. 3. Battery life. I need it to last at least 4-5 hours without the need to charge. 4. Portability. Needs to be light weight and easy to carry around.

    Also, this is going to be my first Mac. My old Windows laptop which has 4 GB ram is not sufficient to run Chrome (as it eats up a lot of ram) even though it has a SSD and battery backup on that isn't great anymore.

    submitted by /u/Ezandalf
    [link] [comments]

    Have 2 Apple Id account in a MacBook Pro

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 07:15 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm developing an app for another company, and apparently, I have to log out from my own Apple Developer account and login to theirs which made all my synced data disappears.

    Would it be possible to have 2 accounts?

    submitted by /u/buangakun3
    [link] [comments]

    Best Adaptor For 2019 iMac and 22HD Cintiq?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I just bought a new 2019 iMac 27" and am trying to connect it to my 22HD Touch Cintiq. Does anyone know what the best adaptor is to buy is for the DVD-D cable? I'm trying to connect it to the thunderport.

    I called Wacom and they said I also need an adaptor to change the USB into a Thunderport 3. Is that correct? It seemed weird to me given my Mac has open USB ports on the back, but I just wanted to check.

    For reference, these are the cords coming from the Cintiq. This is what I'm trying to connect it to. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ponderingpasadena
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 plus not working

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:27 PM PDT

    I doubt this has anything to do with physical damage as i haven't dropped it or anything in a while. I just woke up my phone and wasn't able to touch anything. All the other buttons seem to work perfectly. I've restarted my phone 2 times by pressing volume up, volume down, and holding the power button in quick succession, hasn't helped. The screen will occasionally respond to me touching it for a few seconds but won't work very consistently at all. The only other thing I can think to do is to factory reset it. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/cheesy_nachoz
    [link] [comments]

    No Available Disk to Install Mac OS X to?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    I've been having difficulty bringing my late 2009 iMac back to life; I replaced the old failing hard drive with a 120 GB SSD with Windows 10 loaded onto it from another Windows machine (didn't use Boot Camp, didn't know it was a thing since I'm still new to Macs). After I found out it wouldn't work due to driver compatibility issues, I used console to wipe the SSD and tried installing Mac OS X Snow Leopard (its the only disk I have for Mac OS). However, the setup does not recognize the SSD as a valid place to install the new OS, as it lists no drives for it to be installed to. I was thinking I may have to access the console to format the drive to something Snow Leopard would recognize, but I have no clue.

    submitted by /u/MuchIsTsar
    [link] [comments]

    New to iCloud but why is it staying at 1%?

    Posted: 20 Jun 2019 11:38 PM PDT

    Everyday we stray farther from God

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    MacBook 2015 power issues!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:27 PM PDT

    Hello friends,

    I have a 2015 MacBook that is having some issues. I haven't really used this MacBook in about a year, but needed a laptop again, so I brought it out and started using it. It had been about 4 days and my MacBook died suddenly - I was just browsing the web; nothing processor-intensive was happening. I remember the battery to be able 40% when this happened. I tried to power it back on with no luck, so I decided to leave the power source plugged in overnight.

    The following morning I picked up the MacBook and the bottom felt quite warm (not hot), so I unplugged the power source and tried to power it up; still nothing. 2 days later and I've just tried powering it up again by plugging it in, suddenly, it started and a battery appeared showing that the battery was 100% charged, then i could see it booting up. However, not 10 seconds later it died again.

    I have tried an SMC restart, I've tried the old-school 10 second holding of the power button, I've tried an extended SMC restart, but nothing has worked. When I do the SMC restart the trackpad allows me to click, which I assume means that it is booting up, but there's no sound and no picture, so I'm not sure what is happening.

    If anyone has any suggestions I'd be open to seeing what can be done to solve this problem. Thanks for any replies 😊

    submitted by /u/nubey8
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to simply stream pictures from the iCloud to the iPhone 6 w/o downloading them?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2019 04:04 PM PDT

    I want to upload about 2000 old photos in iCloud and then just look at them on my iPhone 6 (due to storage space limitations).

    The problem is whenever I activate iCloud photos on the phone, it automatically starts downloading all of the photos from iCloud.

    submitted by /u/thegreatstengel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel