• Breaking News

    Monday, June 10, 2019

    Apple Macbook Does keeping your macbook plugged in and at 100% often bad for the battery?

    Apple Macbook Does keeping your macbook plugged in and at 100% often bad for the battery?


    Does keeping your macbook plugged in and at 100% often bad for the battery?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I output to an external monitor pretty much every time I'm using my 2018 macbook pro 15". How bad is this for the battery? Also, using the macbook all the time while it's at 100% battery and plugged in and outputting to a monitor doesn't strain the battery itself, does it? I imagine and hope that the monitor gets all of the energy through the charging plug and not from the battery - is this correct?

    Edit: for those who don't know, you have to keep your macbook plugged in to have it output to an external monitor.

    submitted by /u/KimJongUhn
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a used MacBook Pro 2012, and am wondering What are these dots and how can I fix them?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Anyone who ditched their PC after getting a MB Pro?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    What was your experience like? I'm stuck between buying a MBP 13" Base w/ Touchbar and upgrading my PC to the 3rd gen ryzen or buying MBP and saving my money instead. I already sold my previous CPU on my PC, having my vid card and RAM left.

    submitted by /u/applecharger1
    [link] [comments]

    How many fps can gta 5 run on my MacBook 2019 16gb ram 512 gb memory with the default graphics

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:06 PM PDT

    I wanna know if it can run on at least 30 fps on medium

    submitted by /u/Zainisawesome
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Clear Skin in Sydney

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. Can anyone please suggest me where can I find Clear MacBook Skins in-store or online. I am using MacBook Pro 13 Non-touch bar and currently based in Sydney.

    submitted by /u/mr_turdoide
    [link] [comments]

    Best Processor for Computer Science Major

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    Going to major in CS next year at college, wondering what the best processor would be for a MacBook in this major? i7 or i9? I will probably have it for all four years so looking to future proof it. Should I go for as many cores as possible? Thanks! Oh and what about a graphics card? Is it important to go all out in this category as well?

    submitted by /u/r12h
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor looks a bit janky when connected to Macbook

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro 23in 2016/2017. I forgot the year, but it's the first one with Thunderbolt 3.

    My monitor is: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-G257HU-smidpx-25-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AKVK

    I've used this monitor at work on my Dell, and I always thought the screen looked pretty decent. I recently bought one of those Caldigit docks, and I hooked it up with the DisplayPort. I have to say it looks pretty bad. I mostly use text-based applications, and it's looking severely pixelated. I tried to adjust the DPI scaling, but it looks worse.

    Did I do something wrong here? Or does the screen just not look as good as I remember?

    submitted by /u/jigsawduckpuzzle
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading Macbook Pro and Travel

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    So, I have a question that's been on my mind and I figured reddit could maybe help?

    For this upcoming year (starting in August), I am going to be traveling to South-East Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia in particular) to live and teach English for a full year. Because of this job, I am obviously going to need a laptop to help me out with me work, etc.

    Currently, I have a 2012 Macbook Pro that has been surviving strong for the past seven years. However, I've noticed that it's begun slowing down lately and with each update, I seem to need longer to boot up, run programs, etc. I have also had the issue (as I think many have had) with the battery/something getting so hot it basically melts my SATA cable for my hard drive, rendering the computer unusable. Up until June of 2017, Apple did fix it, but now they no longer. I know I am running on borrowed time before the cord stops working again (this problem basically occurs every year on the year), so I've been thinking to myself: should I try to keep this computer working while I'm abroad, i.e. upgrade parts within the actual body to see if I can make things work, or should I just upgrade to a new Macbook Pro? I currently use a PC to edit photos, videos, etc., but will be needing to do that on the go while I'm abroad for the year, which is why I know I will have to update my current MBP too.

    Currently, I am looking at the 2018 Macbook Pro with the touch bar, which I can afford. I'm thinking about shying away from the 2017 version because of the keyboard problems, but am also not opposed to it (plus it's a tad cheaper). Does anyone have any two cents on an approach I should take?

    As an aside question, I am also wondering if any of you come from that area or if you have been to that area? What is the general attitude towards Apple laptops? Will I be targeted if someone spots it? I don't plan on using the computer outside of my apartment or classroom, but if it would be better advised to get a cheaper chromebook to last out the year, I'll take any thoughts on that!

    Thanks for all your help!

    submitted by /u/SilasAndClocks
    [link] [comments]

    need a usb c hub

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018 13 and I need a usb c hub with multiple usb 3.0m, HDMI and an ethernet port. Any recommendation will be nice 👍.

    submitted by /u/SoloRider123
    [link] [comments]

    HELP!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:21 AM PDT

    HELP!

    So I have a MacBook Pro 13 inc with retina display from mid-2014, I've noticed some coating at the edges of the screen and I can't do anything and it seems that every single thing I try it makes it worse. I don't wanna spend like 400 and 500 euros to change my display while it works. Do you have any suggestions ??

    https://i.redd.it/f404kwj7ki331.jpg

    submitted by /u/louk41926
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 13 late 2013 or macbook air 13 2017?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 05:02 AM PDT

    Hello everyone so I have an opportunity to trade in my MacBook Pro 13 late 2013 for a MacBook Air 13 2017 the MacBook Pro has 4gigs of ram and the air has 8gb of ram and that the main keypoint for the trade

    i like the retina display on the macbook pro and i dont know if im gonna miss it because most of the hd content i watch i use my 4k tv but the air display is really poor

    most of my work on the macbook is web browsing and i think i need more then 4gn of ram because google chrome aint loyal

    is it a good trade? should i go for it? is there something the air has that my pro dosent have or the opposite?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/ron20051
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy a screen protector for my MacBook?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    I have heard it takes the anti-fingerprint coating away after removing it. But it also ends up getting abberations and scratches with time, if used without a screen protector.

    submitted by /u/gaurreddit
    [link] [comments]

    First MacBook Pro

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    Would the 2019 MacBook Pro be a good first MacBook to get? I've borrowed a 2011 MacBook Air back in college and I loved the OS over windows (at least it is far superior imo to windows on a notebook form factor), so I'm looking to replace my Aurous x3 Plus.

    Portability is not too much of a concern. The Laptop it's replacing is 4.4 lbs and it probably around the same size dimensionally. Also the power brick is a significantly smaller which is a plus.

    My usage would be some video editing in Davinci Resolve, photo editing, and some light CAD work.

    I am thinking about getting the 13" with the touchbar upgraded to 16GB of ram and pairing it with an eGPU.

    I am also thinking about the 15" 8-core base model. I have a Windows desktop I use for gaming where I can off load the work to if needed, but it's rocking some old hardware (i7-2600k, 32GB DDR3 RAM, 8GB GTX 980 Ti) and I am potentially moving so it would be nice just to have a powerful rig from the get go since the amount of upgrades needed on my desktop would basically warrant and entirely new system.

    Also as a side note, I have 2 Ultrawide monitors and 1 1080p monitor that I would like to pair with the laptop. I looked on the spec sheet and I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but to use all of those I would need the 15" model since it supports dual UHD output. Is that correct?

    submitted by /u/Rokanaske
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any other unlocking option besides using a password? Like windows photo thing, or using your phone to unlock it?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 01:24 PM PDT

    This might be a stupid question but I've been using Windows all my life, the apple eco system is fairly new to me. I'm still getting familiar with my MacBook as I don't use it all that much, but I figured I'd ask if there is another unlocking method I'm not familiar with. I know the newer ones with the Touch Bar have the finger print sensor, but mine doesn't have that, as it is a late 2016 13 inch model w/out Touch Bar.

    Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/InsomniacAlways
    [link] [comments]

    Long term cooling solution for MacBook Pro 2018 13inch ?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Hi.

    I own a 2018 MBP with touchbar (i7,16G RAM,1TB SSD).

    It's been a wonderful machine so far. One thing that I'm concerned about though are the thermals.

    It's not throttling or anything. Peak temps are hitting 90 deg. celsius at the most under heavy workloads.

    However, I'd like to know if there is any sort of long-term cooling solution ? (Cooling pad with fans, etc.).

    I really want to get an eGPU for my mac but don't want to deal with constant 90 deg. celsius temperatures.

    submitted by /u/JohnnyDoo6661
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2017 13” no touch bar or Refurbished Macbook Pro 2018 13” with touchbar

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    hello! i'm new to macbook as i've been a windows user ever since, my last laptop died and i'm getting kind of fed up with it. I have been thinking about buying a macbook pro as I'll use it to edit videos and photos. The two macbooks (as stated in the title) that are within my budget is the Macbook Pro 13" 2017 model with no touchbar or buying a refurbished 2018 model with the touchbar. both have the same ssd which is 256 gb and the 2018 model has more ports. Are refurbished models reliable or should I stick with the 2017 model? thanks.

    submitted by /u/flightslog
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard issues for accented characters

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    Hey Macbook folks!

    I have a 10 y.o. Macbook Pro (mid 2009) which still seems to be going relatively well bar occasional lagginess. I have, however, recently had an issue begin in the past week and can't figure out why it has happened or how to resolve it.

    Before said issue, when I typed on word/google + most other programs, letters with possible accents had a quick menu which popped up if I held a key down. I use this function quite frequently so it's a bit frustrating that it seems to have stopped working all of a sudden.
    I have tried:
    -Restarting the computer
    -Changing Key Repeat + Delay Until Repeat in System Preferences > Keyboard
    -Opening Terminal + adding PressAndHold options (and restarting the computer again)
    -Checking everything is up to date

    The only thing I can think is that I've recently moved from NZ to Romania - would this potentially change the keyboard settings?
    If anybody has any knowledge on this, advise would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/nellfly
    [link] [comments]

    Go for applecare?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:18 AM PDT

    Hello, I am going to buy soon a new macbook. Should I go for apple care? Here in Germany there are also some stores who offer their own warrenty for 4years but excluding battery and display and they are more expensive than other stores in overall. The alternative would be buying the macbook from the cheapest store and adding apple care seperately?

    Or maybe no protection. What do you think?

    It is going to be a mbp 17, mbp 18 or a mba 18. i am not yet certain.

    submitted by /u/theRealCena
    [link] [comments]

    IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 10:49 AM PDT

    IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH?

    Planning to this I am film maker and would use for Video Editing and Photoshop, Research and Watching movies, all I wanna know if 16GB ram with i9 would be sufficient to handle my work load?

    https://i.redd.it/v8cd38vchk331.png

    submitted by /u/shadyarya25
    [link] [comments]

    Service battery

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Hey everyone

    Maybe you can give me some advice.

    MacBook 12 inch keeps dying if it's not plugged even if it's at 100% and it says service battery. I googled around a little but I'm wondering if anyone has gone through something similar. Is it better to fix the battery or get a new computer?

    submitted by /u/mintchocolate1234
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook or gaming pc

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    I am pretty new here, so i am just gonna start off by saying hello:)

    I have had this idea for the past 5 months or so. And it's about my gaming computer and a macbook (title of course) Now i do play games on my gaming computer sometimes, also have to remind it's a desktop computer. But i don't really...game as much as you should with it. It's nice fast and i really do like it! But my school laptop that i have right now is also very much okay. But would also like an upgrade. I have the money to buy a macbook without selling anything, but i don't think i can do that. (Btw i am 15 years old)

    I don't know if it's nescassey for me to get a macbook or should i just wait for college or something. I know i WILL be getting a macbook once i go to college, only becuase i know it's the best there. I am really confused of what i should do or not.

    Anyways, thank you for all the responses in advance!

    submitted by /u/fred687n
    [link] [comments]

    Bought my MacBook Pro 2017 in Oct.2018, I use it for web browsing and video streaming. Is this a good wear and tear of the battery or is it f*cked ?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    MacBook Air 2018 different keyboard

    Posted: 10 Jun 2019 02:02 AM PDT

    Hi everybody! So I bought a MBA but it has a localized EU/CZ keyboard. It's not a huge issue, since my muscle memory remembers the US layout anyway, but I'd prefer the US keys for the looks, and so I am trying to find different ways to achieve this. I can't exchange it in the original shop anymore for internationalized version (if they have it at all). Are there for example some stickers I could put on top of the keyboard? I only found silicon covers which just expose the underlying keys. If I buy a US keyboard and change it myself, I'll void the warranty, right? Are there any other options I'm not seeing? How'd you do that, or would you do that at all? :)

    submitted by /u/mikat7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel