• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 11, 2019

    Apple Macbook Can this dirty/worn out area be cleaned from 2015 rMBP's base?

    Apple Macbook Can this dirty/worn out area be cleaned from 2015 rMBP's base?


    Can this dirty/worn out area be cleaned from 2015 rMBP's base?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    Recommend a monitor for 2015 MBPro I can use as a hub/dock?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 02:40 PM PDT

    I have thunderbolt, looking for a simple solution that I could just hookup one cable from the laptop to the monitor and call it a day. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/MawsonAntarctica
    [link] [comments]

    Windows user thinking of buying MacBook Pro, just don’t know which one

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:54 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I'm a Windows user who wants to switch over to Mac for the first time ever - and was looking to buy a MacBook Pro for my needs. I'll be editing photos, programming, possibly video editing and browsing the net.

    I was looking at the different models and was really confused on what to get.

    I see different model years 2015, 2017 and 2018/2019? Which one is better. I know they have the butterfly keyboard problems, but apparently 2019 model has been tweaked to be a bit better?

    Also 256GB vs 512GB. This will be the only purchase in a loooong time, so should I be okay with the former? The price difference is steep too.

    submitted by /u/InternalAbrocoma
    [link] [comments]

    what can i do to install lion it won’t let me(trying to hard reset)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:12 AM PDT

    Found a broken 2017 macbook. Repairable?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    Hi guus, I found an A1708 on the side of the street today. The screen is snapped off at the hinges, but it appears to function. The fans were running when I picked it up and I heard a little drum sound play when I hit the keyboard.

    So my question is: how hard are these to repair? I've replaced and repaired laptops and screens before, but I know MacBooks are a different beast. If I were to order the lid assembly (which looks like it includes the cables and hinges) would I be good to go? Also, is there any soldering involved or are they plug and play?

    Any advice is appreciated. If you guys know a place to get parts at a good price please let me know as well, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
    [link] [comments]

    Bright spots on the bottom left of my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 11:22 AM PDT

    Bright spots on the bottom left of my MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

    Today i found 2 bright/white spots on the bottom left of my MacBook Pro screen.
    I tried a lot of things but it won't disappear. I bought my Macbook 20 months ago, so my warranty is over. Is there any change apple would repair it for free? Or does someone know a solution to fix this?

    https://i.redd.it/123xteoprr331.jpg

    submitted by /u/TeamStagedive
    [link] [comments]

    Can I restore the MacBook with a non functioning keyboard?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 10:45 AM PDT

    I have someone who would like to buy my old MacBook Air. I would like to restore it but the keyboard is non functional. Can I boot into the recovery screen from within the operating system?

    submitted by /u/Wehwolf
    [link] [comments]

    How to rotate some part of video in macbook (using any free software)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    I want to rotate 3 minutes portion of my 5 minute video, how can I do this?

    submitted by /u/adityameena26
    [link] [comments]

    Connect 2018 Macbook Air to two external monitors...

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    I am looking for an option to connect two external dell 24" monitors to my MacBook air 2018. I bought this:

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L67CZ56/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5o9.CbPA6QBKH

    But if you plugged more than two devices including power it would lose connection and shut off charging and one of the monitors.

    I would like to be able to charge AND use both monitors and still be able to use an external drive (optional)

    My monitors support mini display port, displayport, and hdmi.

    submitted by /u/diabolicbutterfly
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook help

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    I am a student studying business and I need to buy a laptop before uni starts and I was wondering what would be the best MacBook to buy in 2019 as the most recent versions of the product are too expensive for my budget so which older models or which type (pro, air etc.) would be good to buy right now.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/wayyzeb
    [link] [comments]

    Buy a new Macbook?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    I have a birthday soon and the wife is suggesting I get a new Macbook to replace my refurbished early 2015 MB Air. I can feel it slowing down but everybody says that. I still have 100 GB in storage and the machine seems to work fine. I am retired and 90% of what I do is read the paper, chat on discussion boards, Reddit, Facebook, Etc. I carry this thing everywhere. with me and I have actually worn the paint off three of the keys. Frankly, while I would love a new toy, I am having trouble justifying this. What do you suggest and what Macbook would you get? Thanks

    Model Name: MacBook Air

    Model Identifier: MacBookAir7,1

    Processor Name: Intel Core i5

    Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz

    Number of Processors: 1

    Total Number of Cores: 2

    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

    L3 Cache: 3 MB

    Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

    Memory: 4 GB

    Boot ROM Version: 186.0.0.0.0

    SMC Version (system): 2.26f2

    Storage

    Available: 174.45 GB (174,446,043,136 bytes)

    Capacity: 250.69 GB (250,685,575,168 bytes)

    Mount Point: /

    File System: APFS

    Writable: Yes

    Ignore Ownership: No

    BSD Name: disk1s1

    Volume UUID: 820C5ABE-568F-3174-9A95-FA9E353A4A98

    Physical Drive:

    Device Name: APPLE SSD AP0256H

    Media Name: AppleAPFSMedia

    Medium Type: SSD

    Protocol: PCI-Express

    Internal: Yes

    Partition Map Type: Unknown

    submitted by /u/JanFromEarth
    [link] [comments]

    Image not recognised

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Trying to download OS Sierra 10.12.6 combo update and it's just saying 'image not recognised'

    When I try and open file.

    Anyone got any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Shnufflemyruffle
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Garageband on El Capitan

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    I've just bought a refurbed 2012 using OS El Capitan - and I need to use Garageband

    Can I download an earlier version?

    Or

    Install Sierra that a friend has sent me and then run latest version?

    submitted by /u/Shnufflemyruffle
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapters?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    I just bought a 2019 MBP, after my trusted 2014 Macbook wouldn't work without being plugged into a Thunderbolt monitor(...go figure), and since it's all TB3 now, is there any cheaper alternative to Apple's TB 2 to 3 adapter?

    I could just go for a usb hub with a hdmi adapter, but that would mean losing the use of the usb ports on my monitor (right?), which would be alright worst case, but a shame.

    I'm kind of surprised that there aren't more options out there, it seems that other adapters exist, but are more expensive than the Apple one. So if anyone has an idea, I'm all ears !

    submitted by /u/some_omniscientbeing
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2018 vs MBP 2018?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 03:15 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    i need your help. im stuck deciding between MBA 2018 or MBP 2018.

    I want to mainly use it for Netflix, Browsing and i wanna get into App Development on iOS.

    Will the Power of MBA 2018 be enough for Coding?

    or should i go for the MBP 2018 /w Touchbar to be sure.

    I wanna use the one i get for like 3-4 years for sure.

    Thanks for ur time!

    submitted by /u/hi_its_alen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel