• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 11, 2019

    Apple Help Unable to back up iPhone to iTunes despite having enough storage?

    Apple Help Unable to back up iPhone to iTunes despite having enough storage?


    Unable to back up iPhone to iTunes despite having enough storage?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    I have an old iPad with family photos that need to be uploaded before I reset it under a new account. How can I be sure that all photos native to the iPad are in the Cloud already?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 11:09 AM PDT

    The account has 200gb of storage in it, and the iPad only has around 50 or so pictures.

    This is a picture of my iCloud settings. As you can see in the image, it says that it's downloading 5,712 items. Why is that? Does that mean the iPad is done uploading the 50 or so images?

    submitted by /u/WombatCommander
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Drives - moving away from Dropbox

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:57 PM PDT

    I have a LOT of content on Dropbox, but their increase in prices make me think - it's time to move things properly over to Dropbox. Question : if I use optimised downloading using Mojave, does the Mac download all files so they are Time Machined, and then delete if needed? I need to make sure all files are on the Time Machine, but there's not enough local HDD space for all the files.

    Because iCloud spec is closed, I can't setup Cloud Sync on my NAS to download, as I can with Google, Dropbox, Box, everything else.

    submitted by /u/chopdog01
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPhone 7 fixable?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 09:14 PM PDT

    So my iPhone 7 recently started having that pesky microphone/audio where it does not accept any audio at all. It appears to be a more prevalent issue in the phone model. After some searching on reddit and other forums, it doesn't appear that there seems to be any solution for this. I just thought perhaps I did not search hard enough and it doesn't hurt to get a more updated answer on this from you guys.

    If the phone is not fixable I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place as to whether to get the current iPhone XS Max or wait for the next model to come out around October? I don't mind using my airpods for phone calls and such, but not being able to record audio along with always having to toss on a headset to talk can be a pain. Let me know what you guys think I should do?!

    submitted by /u/thesemifunnyjedi
    [link] [comments]

    Installation disc pickle on 2008 iMac

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    Welp, tried to use the installation disc to start my trusty old backup iMac over (mostly just use it for word processing--it's certainly nicer to sit at a desktop than at my laptop for ages). Halfway through, it says something along the lines of "Please insert disc two."

    Disc two? Oops. I don't appear to have my disc two--and now it appears to be stuck here.

    Anything to be done in this situation? Is it possible to just buy a new one? If so, where would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/l_amitie
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photos without internet: What determines how many photos/videos are stored locally in original quality? And how do you force local storage (space permitting, obviously) in anticipation of limited internet for future editing that requires the original versions?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    Overview: I thought iCloud Photos resorted to low quality versions only once local storage was totally full. This is apparently not so and means it's impossible to do editing without an internet connection. How do you force more original quality storage?

    Use case: my 2018 iPad only has 32GB. I use iCloud Photos. I want to make an iMovie on my iPad while on the airplane. I only have several GB of local storage free on it. Assuming the photos/videos I want to use will fit in the remaining storage, how can I make sure they're cached locally before getting on the plane? When I view them now, many are not stored locally even though I have ample storage available.

    I'm asking because the answer isn't as obvious as I assumed, i.e., it just stores the maximum capacity locally that can fit. Hint: it doesn't. To wit, my iPhone XS Max isn't using anywhere near its full 256GB capacity; I have about 150GB free, yet most photos and videos are stored in low quality format only, and it's not clear how to force more high quality storage since I have the space for it.

    Put another way: how can I force — or otherwise allocate — the maximum local storage of original quality photos/videos in anticipation of not having good internet; and what determines how long they will stay locally cached?

    Thinking about it even more differently, how I can get iCloud Photos to store low quality versions if and only if absolutely necessary due to lack of space, and not otherwise?

    Curious: Are apps smart enough to use the low quality versions merely as placeholders which then update when connected to internet?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/AutonomousHoag
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X earpiece not working during calls

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    Starting today whenever I'm on a call, the ear piece (where you listen to a call) on my phone X doesn't work. As soon as I switch to speaker or Bluetooth or headphones, I can hear fine. Could that speaker have just failed or is there another way I can try to fix it?

    submitted by /u/cschelz
    [link] [comments]

    Uploading images to iCloud

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:07 PM PDT

    I have a bunch of media I wanted to store on iCloud. I was told to drag and drop it into the 'Uploads' Folder, is that it? I'm on a PC so that may be why I'm confused, but how would I know if it's uploading/uploaded?

    submitted by /u/ShayaanKhan
    [link] [comments]

    iMac SSD replacement

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:05 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a late 2015 iMac and it has a 1tb HDD. It's really slow and I would like to replace it with an SSD, but there is no way in hell that I would be able to do it. So I'd like to send it in to someone.

    I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any places where I can do this? I cannot bring it somewhere, I can only send it in via mail.

    submitted by /u/sean101v
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch green messages

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Using a gen3 Apple Watch and my friend pointed out all the replies and iMessage threads on the watch are green bubbles instead of blue. iMessage is enabled on my iPhone (XS) and watch set to mirror iPhone. T-Mobile is the carrier if that matters. Not sure why the watch posted replies are green instead of blue.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/GoHuskies1984
    [link] [comments]

    What is this unknown icon in my menu bar?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Has apple announced when High Sierra will stop receiving security updates?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:35 PM PDT

    When it stops getting security updates will the OS notify the user in some big, hard-to-miss way?

    submitted by /u/Hour_Independence
    [link] [comments]

    Starbucks card missing barcode...anyone ever see this? I can't use it and I don't have the original card anymore.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    How do I stop touchbar commands working in Safari?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    I usually have Apple Music playing on my macbook pro and when I go to watch a video on Youtube, I hit the play/pause button on my touchbar but it controls the Youtube video instead of pausing my music which isn't what I want 99% of the time. Even when I'm in another tab and have a paused Youtube video in a different tab I'll go to pause my music and it plays the video instead without pausing my music. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hellaccount
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a keystroke command that will minimize all open windows of all apps at once? This official list doesn't include one. (Running Mojave, if that matters.)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    Locked out of Apple ID forever

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 05:26 PM PDT

    My Apple ID was locked for security reasons a few months ago, my security questions won't work and for some odd reason my recovery email turned into the iCloud email my Apple ID uses, which is locked out. I have no idea what to do, Apple support says they can't reset my security questions or email but I did have someone try but I missed the 24 hours to reset everything. I have no idea what to do, I have money on there and purchases made on that account. Please help!

    submitted by /u/bluesolur
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s: updating from iOS 10.0.2 to 12.3.1?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 05:25 PM PDT

    Hi, for context I was given an iPhone 5s from a friend, which was just recently unlocked and wiped of data. I don't have my ID set up on it yet, and haven't take it to the phone company yet either, as I just received it today.

    Should I make the jump from iOS 10.0.2 (current version on the phone) to 12.3.1, while none of my personal data is on there and this phone is still compatible with it (before iOS 13 that is) ?

    submitted by /u/Ciicada
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my MacBook Pro (2012) lagging for videos after 10 minutes?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 02:37 AM PDT

    When I watch any kind of online video (Netflix, Youtube, etc), the playback is perfect until it starts to lag after about 10-15 minutes.

    It's not just the video which becomes bumpy and slow, but also the mouse and the rest of the MacBook. This issue doesn't affect already downloaded videos, such as QT Player.

    I can't seem to find any solutions online to this problem, so any help on here would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/s1yh1r
    [link] [comments]

    Cant change language on macbook pro, Some settings reset.

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 05:14 PM PDT

    Out of nowhere, i noticed my macbook's language had changed to spanish, since i live in a spanish speaking country, this would be the default setting, however i want it on english, yet the system settings doesn't allow me. I have noticed that some settings reset, like natural scrolling it's turned on every time i turn on the computer, and the auto-correct turns on. Etc. However not all settings reset, my notifications stay the same, saving energy settings stay the same, and no matter what, i can't seem to put the system in english. This happened out of nowhere! i just turned on the computer and it happened, i had similar problems with the dock resetting and safari, in which i solved by deleting the .plist file and restarting the computer, however i can't seem to find a specific .plist file for settings and the one i tried to delete (named "preferences.plist") didn't work. I'm on a macbook pro 13" early 2011 running OS X Sierra 10.12.6 Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Applehelpme92
    [link] [comments]

    Move iCloud Drive to external disk by moving the User Home folder

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    I pay for 2TB of iCloud storage. I'm about to purchase a new Mac but would like to opt for a storage option significantly less than 2TB for cost reasons. On my current device, it appears that iCloud Drive (including Documents and Desktop) is taking about 50Gb of space on my local drive (optimization is enabled). My goal is to move over the location where iCloud Drive stores it's files to an external disk to avoid the risk of filling up my startup drive. A quick Google search indicates that this is not possible. However, the following two pieces of information lead me to believe it is in fact possible:

    1) iCloud Drive files exist within the User/Library/Mobile Documents which, as the path suggests, is within the User folder.

    2) It appears possible to move the location of the entire User folder via System Preferences as indicated by this article: https://www.lifewire.com/move-macs-home-folder-new-location-2260157

    Has anyone done this and, if so, would you know if my goal would be successful? This would of course be done on macOS Mojave and newer as I'll be purchasing a Mac mini shortly.

    Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

    submitted by /u/athanc
    [link] [comments]

    Lost mode to stop a work mate from accessing data when you're about to let them go?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:59 PM PDT

    Hi all.

    A friend of mine runs a business and every staff has an ipad, shes about to let go a staff member and he still has the ipad.

    Would putting it into lost mode stop him from accessing the ipad and when its returned can it just be unlocked and handed to the next person?

    submitted by /u/nicoleluvzya
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook pro seems to be stuck trying to load something (won't load from boot)

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:48 PM PDT

    I've got a late 2011 macbook pro with the latest o/s on it. For some reason it turns on and asks for password, then goes into a loading screen where it gets to about 70% of the progress bar then either reloads or just turns to black.

    I've tried resetting the pram & the smc to no avail.

    I've tried booting into safe mode and it didn't boot up. I also tried recovery mode and it didn't boot up.

    here's the loading screen

    Like I said it gets to about 65/70% then restarts with a chime and goes back to the login screen where the whole thing starts again

    submitted by /u/iapprovethiscomment
    [link] [comments]

    Necessary to install RAM in pairs in 2019 iMac?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 01:00 PM PDT

    While searching around I kept seeing people mention installing new RAM in pairs in the iMac. I planned to buy the base model with 8gb, and add single 16gb stick, that way I would still have one slot open if I wanted to add another 16gb in the future. Would I see degraded performance using a single 16gb stick vs 2x8gb sticks? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fieldsofgreen
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use my primary Apple ID for that or create another one to use with Apple Developer account?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about getting an Apple Developer account. But not sure whether I should tie it to my primary Apple ID that I use on all my devices. Will this has an effect on beta testing, or anything?

    submitted by /u/niruttitime
    [link] [comments]

    Best MacBook for programming?

    Posted: 11 Jun 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Hey guys, what's the best MacBook configuration for software programming? Thanks in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/Vegito_Ssgss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel