• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 25, 2019

    Apple Macbook The air always looks better with the sun and blue skies

    Apple Macbook The air always looks better with the sun and blue skies


    The air always looks better with the sun and blue skies

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Tips for new Macbook user?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    I bought a Macbook Air 2018 yesterday and am currently setting it up. I have never used an Apple product my whole life, and this is the first one. Any tips for a complete noob like me?

    submitted by /u/RetroWrench
    [link] [comments]

    Apple doesn't want to change my keyboard

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    I have a macbook pro 2016 that has this problem with keys that are not pressed correctly, it's very annoying because it doesn't press the shift keys and the space bar well.

    Looking for a solution to my problem, last year I read that Apple has a repair program compatible with my macbook pro 2016, so I decided to contact Apple support.

    First time they blew it maybe with compressed air and the keys worked again.

    Some months ago I had the same problem and they sent me to this store again. They have solved it again but they didn't change the keyboard and guess what? Again began to fail the shift key.

    I don't know what to do, I'm a macbook user since 2009 and never had such an unreliable keyboard, and it's frustrating that they don't want to fix it or at least remove whatever is under the keys.

    I clarify that it is not an official Apple Store, it is a premium reseller, given that in my country Uruguay there aren't Apple Stores, but it's apple.com support that sends me to the reseller.

    What should I do to get this problem solved for good?

    submitted by /u/martinrombla
    [link] [comments]

    16gb of Ram or 512 go SSD

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:43 PM PDT

    I finally conquered the hurdle of deciding between a MacBook Pro or Air for my needs, now the question that has been bugging me lately is whether or not I'll need 16gb of ram. I am going to college and what I mostly likely will be doing on my laptop doesn't require more than 8gb of ram but I am worried for the future. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Senseiwng
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading from MBP 13" early 2015 to MBA 2018?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    I've currently got a Macbook Pro 2015 base model - 2.7 GHz i5 (5257U), 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD - but I'm strongly considering upgrading to a Macbook Air 2018 (base 1.6 GHz i5 (8210Y) as I can get one at what I consider a good price in the sales (approx £850).

    I've looked at the Air in-store and quite like the feel of the butterfly keyboard (in the limited typing test I could perform), plus it does seem considerably lighter than my MBP and is obviously new & shiny. My uses are mostly surfing the web, listening to Spotify, running a VPN sometimes, using the WhatsApp web app, with occasional use of Microsoft Office. I'm guessing the MBA should be more than up to those tasks and have already read up on Geekbench scores for both machines, but in real world terms is the 'jump' between machines worth the outlay, apart from my desire for a shiny new machine? Truth be told the MBP is still running perfectly fine but I could gift it to my wife if I did upgrade (feeble justification I know!) but I don't want to be spending out that sort of money if the difference in spec is really that negligible, so opinions would be appreciated!

    TLDR; Is it worth the upgrade from MBP 13" early 2015 to MBA 2018?

    submitted by /u/andyt100
    [link] [comments]

    is macbook os worth upgrading?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    currently using a 2013 macbook pro. The os I think is 10.8. Im not good with macs but is there a way to update the version for free? I am guessing app store update to mojave is free but the others cost money? I cant even run netflix cuz its oudated.

    submitted by /u/spitfire9107
    [link] [comments]

    Are 110 battery cycles worth $350?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    Currently in the market for a mid-2018 MBP 15" i7 32gb RAM and 1TB SSD. There is a used one on eBay for $2500, but it has some minor scuffs and 110 battery cycles. I just stumbled across a NIB listing for the exact same model that's $2850. I can't find any sort of metric online that equates battery cycles to depreciation, but would it be ludicrous to spend the extra $350 to get the fresh battery? Or would it in fact be ludicrous not to?

    Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/irsky
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2018 came with 0% battery

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    Hi! I bought the Macbook Air 2018 today and when I arrived home to set it up I couldn't turn it on. I thought this was weird and after I plugged it in, it turned on just fine. I unplugged it because they told me at the store to use it till it reaches 20-30% and then to let it load until it reaches 100%. After setting everything up I saw that the battery is at 0% and there was a pop up to plug it in which I immediately did and I'm now wondering since when anything comes with 0% battery and what I should do. This is my first Macbook, bought in a store in Austria and I don't know if this is even an issue or it just happens sometimes.

    Thanks!

    Edit: I forgot to add that it takes forever to get to the home screen after turning it on and it gets very hot after not even a few minutes.

    submitted by /u/karamelica
    [link] [comments]

    What battery cycle count to expect on a Macbook Pro 2015?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 12:39 PM PDT

    Planning to buy a Macbook Pro 2015 and just wondering what the battery cycle count would be acceptable?

    submitted by /u/Blagadariuuu
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook SSD

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    Hi, is it possible to change my macbook ssd to a bigger one and keep everything that I have right now? My macbook has 128gb ssd and it's always full and I would like to increase it's size with a new ssd.

    What should I do to increase it and keep my system and files?

    submitted by /u/getonmylvlpls
    [link] [comments]

    2016 MBP ‘kernal_task’ perpetually using 1800-2000% CPU

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Aloha. Title. I have done every recommended reset, deleted every non native app, reinstalled & updated the OS (Mojave), created a new admin profile, disconnected all USB ports, and yet my MBP without fail within 30 seconds of login will crank up the fan speed to max and kernal task goes freaking ballistic despite zero programs running. Any recommendations? Computer is unusable like this.

    submitted by /u/SlightJoke
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Bootcamp Capabilities

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:58 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm looking to pick up a MacBook for school, but I'm an IT student with classes coming up that I'm not too sure can be handled on Windows Bootcamp. I am going to be compiling C# (using visual studio and compiling with developer command prompt) and working with Microsoft SQL servers. Is it possible to do these things in the Windows Bootcamp? Would it be worthwhile for me to buy a Macbook, or just stick to a windows machine?

    submitted by /u/Lollipops19
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2017 13" non touchbar keyboard cover (or keyboard skin)?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    I've personally never used any keyboard cover for all my previous laptops. I took care of them really well and they never caused any problem, at least nothing related to not using a keyboard cover. But this MBP 2017 is a whole different story. I am aware of all the problems this Butterfly Keyboard has, and I'm considering using a keyboard cover just to keep dusts not to get in the keyboard. Is the dust issue of Butterfly Keyboard worth using keyboard skin? If it is, recommend me thin and quality keyboard covers that leave marks as less as possible. I don't mind how it feels when I type at all.

    submitted by /u/miratt
    [link] [comments]

    How is the keyboard on the late 2018 MBAr?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 05:50 AM PDT

    I've heard a lot of stuff about the butterfly keyboard. Some of them that dust & minor particles get stuck easily among other issues. I wonder if these have been ironed out or is it still an issue with the late-2018 version of the MacBook Air retina?

    submitted by /u/FriendOfOrder
    [link] [comments]

    Increase SSD Storage?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 01:13 AM PDT

    I have a 128GB SSD in my MacBook Pro 2015 (early)

    Is there a 500GB SSD that's reasonably priced, ideally don't wanna spend more than £100

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NervousBelt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel