• Breaking News

    Monday, June 24, 2019

    Apple Help This comes up every time I plug in a lightning cable. Any ideas other than driving an hour to the nearest apple store? More info in comments.

    Apple Help This comes up every time I plug in a lightning cable. Any ideas other than driving an hour to the nearest apple store? More info in comments.


    This comes up every time I plug in a lightning cable. Any ideas other than driving an hour to the nearest apple store? More info in comments.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 10:33 AM PDT

    Require password to open photos app on MacBook

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:23 PM PDT

    Is it possible to set it such that my computer password must be entered before certain apps like photos and messages can be opened?

    submitted by /u/bigced97
    [link] [comments]

    How long to keep wet iPhone off?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:41 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I accidentally left my phone inside of my bedding when I went to wash it this morning. I noticed after it had been in the cycle for about 20 minutes. Luckily the wash was cold. When I pulled my phone out, all looked good. I turned it off, and now I'm wondering how long I should keep it off? Any other information would be greatly appreciated. Help plz.

    submitted by /u/merp19
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted iTunes for space and now I need it. How do I get it back? I have no restrictions!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:17 PM PDT

    I lost my Apple accounts to 2FA

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    So I was trying to re download a game because it would load properly (damn you Dota underlords) but the app store wouldnt let me download it again, so I logged out of my account to go onto my alternate account, but then it required 2FA. I don't have the phone that has 2FA, or any phone for that matter. I try to sign into my original account, but 2FA strikes back and I'm trapped out of all of my accounts. I try to make an account, but you need a phone number. Like Jesus Christ Apple why the hell do we need a phone number. So I'm trapped out of downloading any apps that could circumvent this, and I can't do anything.

    submitted by /u/shatterdpixel4
    [link] [comments]

    Alien-like screech coming from iPhone during Facetime

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:41 PM PDT

    Anybody know a fix for this problem on my mother’s iPad?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    Is it okay to use your Direct TV DVR to charge your phone using the official apple cable/cord?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:21 PM PDT

    I know about the MFI certification of chargers and I don't want the phone to degrade over bad charging ports. I was wondering if this was an okay way of charging the phone? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/920helpmepls
    [link] [comments]

    All the music from my computer have been deleted. How to make them back ?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I have a lot of Playlist on iTunes. My problem is that all the music from my computer have been deleted.

    What is strange is that I still have the possibility to listen all of them on iTunes or Apple Music. But there is nothing on my computer. They've disappeared.

    Do you have a solution to make them back ? It concerns the music from my computer incorporated on iTunes.

    submitted by /u/Aileos
    [link] [comments]

    Two Finger scroll isn't working in Finder. Fine everywhere else.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    Just as the title says, two Finger scroll isn't working in Finder. Fine everywhere else. Another post said to disable then reenable it, but I'm sure where to find that.

    Macbook Air, MoJave 10.14.1

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gprimemr
    [link] [comments]

    Changing my Apple ID

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    I want to change my Apple ID from my parents to my email My email is a gmail account and every time I try to delete my current Apple ID off my phone and add my gmail, it says I am unable to because I cannot have the same email for an Apple ID that I also use for my notifications. Any one know how I fix this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/EdibleBench6
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail accounts not working on OS Catalina

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    After updating. Many of my Gmail accounts in the mail app wouldn't sync. So I tried everything and ultimately deleted them and tried to re-add.

    Issue is, when I go to settings>internet accounts, and click on google, I get a pop up that says

    "Google requires completing authentication in safari. After authentication, set up will continue in internet accounts".

    There's two options here, 'cancel' and 'open safari'. When clicking open safari, another pop up come up saying

    "Authentication failed"

    "Failed to authenticate with google, please try again later"

    Nothing is working. Anyone with an idea on how to fix this issue?

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for external monitor like the MBP retina screen?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    I love the retina screen and want to buy an external monitor with the same high resolution. What specs should I be looking for? 4K or 5K or 300dpi??? I'm not very good with tech

    submitted by /u/FastTruth
    [link] [comments]

    Clicked on the link in phishing email

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Just received an email from Apple (fake) that my account is locked, pressed the link to reset the password. The page did not load correctly (safari could not load the page, clicked it from iPad) and the url was very long and weird. Should I worry? I did not type any password or any info at all as the page did not load.

    Here is a screen shot of the email:

    https://imgur.com/4IW3bXI

    It was sent to my iCloud email address which I never shared anywhere.

    submitted by /u/crlbt
    [link] [comments]

    iPadOS public beta - can't start any third party apps

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    I have a iPad pro 11 inch and I just downloaded the public iPadOS beta today. A few hours ago any third-party apps I tried to launch wouldn't open no matter what I did. Shutting down didn't work. All the apple first party apps are working totally fine however. Any ideas?

    Edit: reverted back to iOS 12. all is well now.

    submitted by /u/Miner2057
    [link] [comments]

    Can I still get a battery replacement for the Late 2013 15" rMBP? What do you reckon that would run me?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:34 PM PDT

    I've had this laptop since college (almost six years) and everything works great but the battery, which lasts around two hours. I don't like the new MacBooks and if it came down to getting this exact same one, but in the 13" variety. However, I'd love to keep this thing running.

    I know there are all sorts of kits on doing this yourself, but I also know from my former life as an Apple certified phone repair tech that the batteries will blow off your hand if you're not careful. Is it too late to take this to a certified repair center to get the battery swapped out?

    submitted by /u/WITCH_KING_XXYBORG
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 screen became completely unresponsive out of nowhere. Tried 3 hard resets, still unresponsive. Plugged it into my computer, now the display will not come back.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Hoping for any help possible, I am freaking out a little bit right now. I went to unlock my iPhone 7 to find the screen was completely unresponsive. Everything working fine minutes before this. The home, volume, and lock buttons remain functional. I did not drop or damage the phone whatsoever within these few minutes. Hard resetting (lock + volume down until apple logo appears) did not change anything.

    As a last resort I plugged the phone into my laptop and the display completely disappeared and will not come back. The phone is definitely still "on" because I can feel the haptic feedback from the home button. I am not sure what is going on at all, but the last time I backed my phone up was a few months ago and I have tons of important stuff I cannot afford to lose. Sadly the local Apple store just closed. Any advice or input on what is going on is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tiredness
    [link] [comments]

    2012ish MacBook stuck on loading screen.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:59 PM PDT

    So I got a 2012 MacBook from my grandfather.

    For a while it worked perfectly fine and then it just got stuck on a white screen with a file Icon with a question mark in it.

    Took it to the Apple store and they said something inside the computer was broken ( a cord or something was needed).

    I paid the 97 dollars to get it fixed as they said it was worth saving and would last another few years.

    Well, I've had it home for less then a day and it's suddenly getting stuck on the loading screen with the gray bar and apple logo.

    I've tried Googling it and nothing has worked.

    submitted by /u/Folksma
    [link] [comments]

    Only one of my airpods (2nd gen) is working.

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    I got my airpods in april of this year and whenever i had a problem like this, five seconds in the case would fix it. But i've done a a bit of troubleshooting (i.e. forgetting the device and reconnecting ) and it still isn't working. My right airpod doesn't connect to the case or my phone at all and whenever it's inside the charging case without the left, the light blinks amber (which i googled and it means you have to " set them up " again and i don't know what to do other than just forgetting and reconnecting them ) and the right one just isn't working. Usually when it doesn't, and i take the left one out while the pop-up thing is up, it'll show that the right one isn't connected. But this time, it doesn't, and it just shows both airpods on the screen and the 100% charge mark with the case and no charge mark, as if i had never taken the right one out or never even put it in in the first place. I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/mikothefuckinweeb
    [link] [comments]

    Stupidly deleted all my 'Photos' app photo/videos, and they are permanently gone?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    Hey all, I accidentally deleted all of my photos and videos off my photos app. They completely disappeared off my phone as well. A bit worried as it had my entire life on it (I know - i'm stupid for permanently deleting it - honestly did not mean to). I've gone through all the options online - going to photos app and 'recently deleted', this option does not exist on my photos app, and i've done the show/hide menus etc. It's just not there, and on iCloud, there are 4 photos showing that were 'deleted' but I know there are 20k+.

    I've also tried using time machine, but that wasn't set up on my computer, so i can't go to the past. One thing I will try is restoring my phone to yesterday? Could that work in getting my photos back? On my phone at the moment, everything is greyed out.

    I also seem to not have my icloud linked, as when i went on icloud nothing is in there, including 'recently deleted'

    Anyone know where these photos/videos could be, and how I could retrieve them? Having a bit of a panic attack - i was told to download a program called EASEUS, but it seems that it is a clusterF&&k and i'm not able to select just yesterday, or today, it's literally ALL my deleted files since I got my computer.

    Please, any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/chexmixmix
    [link] [comments]

    This pops up when i try to install high sierra on my early 2011 macbook pro. I just put in a new ssd and 16gb of ram. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:21 PM PDT

    Files getting randomly deleted!

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    I'm using the MacBook air early 2014, I've had it since around 2015. Only today I'm noticing an issue, which is quite concerning to me.

    The total amount storage on the device is 121 GB. 1 hour ago I had 5GB left on it - 30 minutes ago I got about 10 errors about files that couldn't be deleted before I shut down the Mac because the errors wouldn't stop, I was on my phone when that happened, no program opened on my Mac. Now the space has doubled to 10GB, nothing is in the trash - I have no idea what's going on.. I would appreciate some help, hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this..

    submitted by /u/DarkBlueKitten
    [link] [comments]

    Powerbeats Pro isn’t discoverable

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    I can't connect my Powerbeats pro to my device. I tried resetting it, but it won't flash red and white. It just continues to flash white.

    submitted by /u/NeoRecon
    [link] [comments]

    In the Files app, why do I have a "Location" named for an app, AND that app inside "Files on my iPad?"

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    This is what my Files app looks like.

    https://i.imgur.com/qXkQcCl.png

    Consider the app "Documents by Readdle." Mine is full of PDFs, which I put into the app by "sharing" from the Gmail app.

    If I navigate to Locations/Files on my ipad/Documents by Readdle, there are no files visible.

    If I navigate to Locations/Documents, then I see the files I expect.

    Why are there 2 places to put docs for some apps?

    Are the Files on my iPad area for the "iTunes file sharing" files?

    Yes I am on the beta, but it was always like this and I didn't understand it before either. :)

    (iPad 2018 12.9, iPadOS public beta)

    submitted by /u/Chorizbro
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2011 macbook pro gives me this message when i try to download high sierra. I just put in a new ssd and 16g ram. Any advice?

    Posted: 24 Jun 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel