• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 25, 2019

    Apple Help Life Pro Tip: a backup occurs BEFORE there’s a problem with your phone, not after. When you don’t backup your phone regularly, you are LITERALLY saying your data is not important to you. Claiming your data is important after the phone is broken is a lie. It must be, or you would have backed it up.

    Apple Help Life Pro Tip: a backup occurs BEFORE there’s a problem with your phone, not after. When you don’t backup your phone regularly, you are LITERALLY saying your data is not important to you. Claiming your data is important after the phone is broken is a lie. It must be, or you would have backed it up.


    Life Pro Tip: a backup occurs BEFORE there’s a problem with your phone, not after. When you don’t backup your phone regularly, you are LITERALLY saying your data is not important to you. Claiming your data is important after the phone is broken is a lie. It must be, or you would have backed it up.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 12:08 AM PDT

    My God, it's $1-$3 per month. Every time I see a post here trying to recover data from a phone that is either destroyed or disabled I want to scream.

    submitted by /u/chrislstark
    [link] [comments]

    SSD Problems... Sandisk SSD 1T - (Error -50) - First Aid - Macbook 2017 250gb.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. Currently using a Sandisk Extreme Pro 1T SSD (purchased in Feb 2019) with my MacBook Pro 2017. Things on the drive: A lot of PDFs, a lot of videos, a lot of photos, and one .rtf file. About 400gb worth.

    Short and sweet: I plugged it in. Took longer than usual to load. Attempted to delete a folder, was given the Error Code -50. I quickly copied and backed-up all my files to another drive, which caused no issue. I tried to eject, wouldn't let me, "programs using your drive". Force ejected (I know, not great, but I figured I'd have to format it so why not, right?). Remounted. Tried to run First Aid. Failed. Relaunched Finder. Tried again to run First Aid. Failed. To clarify, I have no clue what First Aid is truly and tech-wise I only have a basic knowledge of Disk Util but it looked like it would help. Went through the ejecting and remounting cycle about five times. Finally ran First Aid successfully. Now I can delete files again and everything seems fine. Ejecting the drive and remounting with no issue. Prior to running First Aid successfully, when viewing "About This Mac" the entire drive was "Other". It is now "285.65 Movies" and "118.82gb Other" which is accurate.

    How can I prevent this from happening in the future? Should I just reformat the drive? What do you think was the problem in the first place? Speculations are fine. Thank in advance and if you have any questions, I can answer them!!! :)

    submitted by /u/ronniaugust
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Apple News have such limited curation?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    When I compare curation services (i.e., Google News vs. Apple News), Apple News seems to always come up short. For example, when I look at "News Top Stories" in Apple News, it takes only a couple of scrolls before I start seeing articles that are dated a day or even a week ago. When I compare that to Google News, I don't see anything that old (everything is quite current). This seems to be the case no matter what source I look at on Google.

    I'll take it a step further: if I look at Apple News and select Reuters in the Channels & Topics list, I scroll just three times and start seeing articles from a week ago. Meanwhile, if I look at the Reuters website, I have to dig pretty deep to find anything that old (I only spent a few minutes trying, and still couldn't find anything).

    I really want to use and like Apple News, but I continue to be incredibly disappointed, especially in light of the recent push with Apple News+. What's going on?

    Edit: My issue is that Apple News simply seems to have limited content as compared to many other curation services. Thanks for the feedback.

    submitted by /u/Aelia_JBL
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstalling OS X on a MacBook Air with internet recovery

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:13 PM PDT

    So I recently bought a 2013 MacBook Air that was running Mavericks. I erased the hard drive to do a new install of the OS, but I wasn't at home and it recommended the laptop be plugged in to power while reinstalling so I waited until I got home. Now it will only boot into internet recovery mode but whenever I try to run the internet recovery, it gets stuck about halfway through before giving a 2003f error. I would try booting from a usb installer but I only have a PC available to create it from at the moment. Anyone have any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/nonepm
    [link] [comments]

    Random scrolling/touch on screen

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 11:08 PM PDT

    My iphone 6s is randomly scrolling and tapping all over my screen. I tried to reset settings a couple of times but it still acting crazy.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/CtDSW9y

    submitted by /u/battered_chicken
    [link] [comments]

    Does the iOS13 photo app pull recap images from iCloud/Photostream?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    The iOS 13 photos app is supposed to have better sorting for the day/month/year view (for example pulling pics from the same day in previous years when viewing the day tab).

    Does anyone on the iOS13 beta know if these memory recaps only pull from the device on hand, or does it also pull from iCloud/photo stream? I delete photos locally after uploading them to Google Photos, but I'd pay for more iCloud storage if the recaps also take pics from photo stream instead of just from the current device.

    submitted by /u/ynnusyzz
    [link] [comments]

    Question on Apple Repair Status

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 04:34 PM PDT

    Sent in my iPhone 7 last week due to the service chip completely failing. Got an email saying it's been repaired this morning but then this afternoon another status update has popped up saying it's been repaired with a orange exclamation mark as well. Not sure what that means so I thought I'd ask. TIA. Repair Status

    submitted by /u/Showstopr30
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 24 not working... what to do with it?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    It starts correctly but after some minutes it hangs and it is not possible to work with it, I think that is the graphics card.

    Before sending to the trash... is there any way to use it or recycle maybe the screen with a raspberry pi for example?

    submitted by /u/k4rtz
    [link] [comments]

    Mac HD is so full I can’t back up iPhone

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:21 PM PDT

    I'm using iCloud and have set up the "Optimize Storage" stuff. But I don't see how that's going to help with all of the photos that are already on my hard drive. Should I expect that by having turned on this setting that it is going to go back and start deleting things retroactively? (It doesn't seem like that's the case.)

    All 150+ GB of my photos are backed up to iCloud. How can I delete what's on my Mac and just rely on iCloud, re-downloading certain photos to my HD if needed? This, I believe, is what happened on my phone after I turned on iCloud Photo Library. Why didn't it do the same thing on my Mac?

    Also, I'm aware of the "turn off iCloud Photo Library" and delete everything and turn it back on option, but I'd rather not have to resort to trickery to get this ecosystem to behave the way I want it to.

    What am I missing?

    submitted by /u/adamorphosis
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn off iCloud Photos without removing the photos from my iOS device?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:20 PM PDT

    I noticed that I have no more space in iCloud because of iCloud photos. I want to turn off iCloud Photos but the option in red shows "Remove from iPad".

    How can I turn off iCloud Photos but keep the original photos on my iOS device?

    submitted by /u/bypiano
    [link] [comments]

    My alarm volume is never loud enough

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:19 PM PDT

    i understand I can change the volume under settings>sounds & haptics. However, i usually fall asleep to a podcast using my iphone and regardless of what i change my volume to prior to listening to my podcast, the new alarm volume will be the low podcast volume i'm currently listening at and this has made me late for work several times.

    Is there any way to set a definitive alarm volume that stays at that volume regardless if i'm listening to music or podcast at a lower level? I don't want my alarm to come on at the same low volume i'm falling asleep to my podcast to.

    submitted by /u/CreativeThought88
    [link] [comments]

    [iTunes] Sync imported songs across devices/iCloud; how to?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 10:17 PM PDT

    Curious how to accomplish the title.

    When I purchase a song these days on iTunes, it shows up on the devices I want it to. I have old songs on my PC version of iTunes that have songs I've imported as well as just old burned CD Albums...

    How do I get the songs on my hard drive onto a cloud where my itunes can play the songs?

    submitted by /u/Illsonmedia
    [link] [comments]

    ios updates & camera resolution

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    Will my recovery to ios13 affect on my camera resolution ?

    I have an iPhone6s+ and I'm still under ios 11.2.5

    submitted by /u/abdellimalek
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the default cursor shape on mac?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    I want to change the shape of the default pointer. I'm on a macbook air with OS X 10.14.4. I've found numerous guides about changing the size, but that's not what I want to do. An old forum post lead me to the folder containing many of the cursors in pdf format, and I thought I could simply replace the pdf with a different one. However, as far as I can tell, the normal pointer is the only cursor that's missing from that folder.

    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/cursors this line added so the scroll bar doesn't cover the path 

    I did find a pointer cursor pdf by searching System/Library for pdfs, but it's a slightly different shape (a bit wider) than the one that's actually used, so I didn't bother to try editing it.

    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AssistiveControlSupport.framework/Versions/A/Resources/System.ascconfig/Contents/Resources/IconMaskPointer.pdf scrollbar goes here 

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/gridzbispudvetch
    [link] [comments]

    System files have taken up almost all of my Mac OS storage

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    My mac air has 120GB total space but 114GB is used up with "system" files. I have deleted many files within my Library following the advice Ive found online and Ive used CleanMyMac religiously. Unfortunately, none of these actions have been effective and Ive essentially run out of disposable files to delete. Most of my school work has to be on my iCloud (5GB storage). My problem is that I cannot locate whatever is using all this storage. I checked how much space each main file is using: Applications has 4GB, Library has 3GB, System has 9GB and Users has 10GB. By all accounts I should have plenty of storage. I've had this issue for a while now. Usually I would just delete a few things but the problem has built up to the point where my mac is almost unusable. Please help, Im no good with tech so the solution might be really obvious. My apologies if this is frequently asked.

    I have macOS Sierra 10.12.6

    submitted by /u/Piranha-J
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s & 7 Do Not Disturb keeps turning on after it’s been turned off

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 09:04 PM PDT

    We both manually turned off Do Not Disturb on our iPhones but it keeps turning back on. Yes, I know if it's scheduled to turn on it'll turn on each night. But we've turned that off and it still turns on each and every night at 11p on the dot. We're both running iOS 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/geekphreak
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone removed my entire photos and videos.

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 plus but I'm still on 10.3 (yikes) because I never had the space until now to update. I upgraded to the 200 gigs iCloud storage today from 50 since 50 was about full. I had around 18,000 pictures and 2,000 videos.. Randomly, out of nowhere, I open up my photos to my pictures and videos and I only have 300. Everything else is gone out my photos app. It says everything is still in iCloud, 50 gigs worth of pictures and videos but why the hell were they randomly removed from my photos app? I know after iOS 11 or so there's a "files" app that's used, but I don't have that. Is there anyway to bring them back to my photos so I can access all the things in my iCloud easily again? Unsure why any of this happened, kind of frustrating.

    Additionally, it says I have 2+ gigs of photos and videos on my actual phone storage yet the 300 pics I have now would not add up to that much space.

    Just checked iCloud and I have all my videos and pictures on it, but it will not show up in my photos on my phone. Just 300 random pictures even though it says I have over 2 gigs of pics and videos. Have no way to access them on my iPhone.

    submitted by /u/HungryHippocrites
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s won't charge

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 08:19 PM PDT

    hey everyone, my phone died last week and wouldn't turn back on. When I plug it in, it acknowledges that it's being charged but usually doesn't turn on. If it does, it usually sits at like 1-3% before dying again, even when charging. I brought it to the apple store yesterday and the guy ran some diagnostic on it and said that it was probably a bent pin in the port and I would have to buy a new phone (which I can't really afford right now) but this doesn't make sense to me considering that it can still be "charged". I was wondering if any of you have had a problem like this and if it actually sounds like a bent pin or if its just a dead battery, and how you went about fixing it. Any advice helps, thanks.

    submitted by /u/mcmm2014
    [link] [comments]

    Best OS for an early 2011 Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:59 PM PDT

    I recently came to own an old family computer. 13 in, early 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB ram, currently running 10.9.5 Mavericks.

    I'm trying to optimize it as best I can for reliability and speed without crippling it with an OS it can't handle, and I'm at a total loss for what to do. Could someone point me in the right direction? If you happen to know which version of Chrome would be best to pair it with, that would also be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/duck97
    [link] [comments]

    Back facing camera won’t work

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    I'm really freaking out because I only got this new phone recently. I dropped my phone, then a few minutes later it started getting hot. Especially the camera. I got a notification that my screen was burning up. I put it to a fan to cool. Maybe 20 minutes later I tried to take a photo of something, but it wouldn't switch off of selfie mode. If I use a third party app then anything facing the other side is blacked out. Does anyone know how severe it is or how to fix it?

    Edit: It's an iPhone XS and the flashlight doesn't appear to be working either.

    submitted by /u/toottboott
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone can't get passed the Apple logo after attempting to downgrade with iTunes restore

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    iPhone SE 32GB

    iOS 13 Public Beta and before iOS 12.4 Public Beta

    I was trying to downgrade from iOS 13 Public Beta to 12.3.1

    submitted by /u/CuriousChicano
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro question

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:56 PM PDT

    Is now a good time to buy an iPad Pro, or should I wait until the next version comes out. Will a new iPad be released when iPad os comes out?

    submitted by /u/hsakathemachine
    [link] [comments]

    gatekeeper won't let me build

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    I'm trying to build with the ESP-IDF. I have it all installed and ready, but gatekeeper won't allow liblto_plugin.0.so to run. I clicked "open anyway" on the security and privacy preference pane but it doesn't make an exception.

    Is this behavior me missing something, something broken, or something to do with running the public beta of Catalina?

    submitted by /u/MentalUproar
    [link] [comments]

    Formatting disk to Mac OS Extended Jorunaled, Encrypted taking very long. Is it normal?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys, so RE: my previous question in this sub, my newly purchased external SSD got corrupted only a day after formatting it and won't erase. I read somewhere after a google search that if I tried to format it to Mac OS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted) that I could then erase the disk over again and format it correctly. It has now been "Switching to Core Storage" for well over an hour and I fear it's going to keep doing this throughout the night. Now, if this is normal, I will simply let the process happen, even if it means the mac will have to stay on while I sleep, but I'm not particularly interested in keeping this process running if it's not working properly. Any help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AkavirWhen
    [link] [comments]

    Air pods keep cutting out. I returned them. The new ones do too... are they all just junk??

    Posted: 25 Jun 2019 05:50 PM PDT

    I'm a little bit baffled by having my second pair of $200 headphones completely not work. Sorry for the whineyness, but I'm genuinely trying to figure out whether cutting in and out, crackling, and disconnecting are just par for the course for this style of headphone. Does anyone else have these issues? Yes I've reset it, yes the battery is full, yes I've been to the Genius Bar twice. What's going on??

    submitted by /u/BipolarMillennial
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel