• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 5, 2019

    macOS Reformatted hard drive has *more* space than it should?

    macOS Reformatted hard drive has *more* space than it should?


    Reformatted hard drive has *more* space than it should?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 07:56 AM PDT

    After buying a 500GB hard drive, and reformatting it using Disk Utility to use MacOS Extended (Journaled, Encrypted), it shows as having two terabytes. It seems so far to actually have two terabytes of storage as well. I'm afraid I didn't look at how much storage it said it had before reformatting. Anyone have any idea what exactly happened here, and whether it's a problem?

    EDIT: Update - it seems it was a 2TB drive, just mispackaged into a 500GB box.

    submitted by /u/Adamsoski
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to set scroll direction to natural for trackpad, and have the opposite setting for connected mice?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 01:55 PM PDT

    I occasionally use a crappy USB mouse just for when I play games that are a little difficult to control with the trackpad. Every time, I find myself wanting to change the scroll direction because "natural" doesn't feel natural with a scroll wheel (while it does for a trackpad). Is there any way to have one setting for the trackpad and one setting for a mouse with a scroll wheel?

    submitted by /u/uncertain-ithink
    [link] [comments]

    How is Mojave on 2017 MacBook Pro No Touch Bar?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 11:14 PM PDT

    Hello,

    When Mojave initially came out I quickly updated to the latest version, however, I was extremely disappointed with the performance of my MacBook on Mojave. Not only was it buggy with slower performance but the BATTERY LIFE BECOME NON-EXISTANT. I would leave my computer on sleep over night with 100% charge but would wake by to 60% battery remaining. Or my MacBook would quickly die in 3 hours. I quickly downgraded back to High Sierra and all the issues went away.

    So I want to ask now that it has been a while since Mojave has been released if these issues have been solved with the software update for the 2017 MacBook Pro No Touch Bar.

    submitted by /u/bora9772
    [link] [comments]

    Parent Control, Cold Turkey, Safari Extension

    Posted: 04 May 2019 12:10 PM PDT

    Purchased "Cold Turkey" productivity app for teen who wants/needs help with focus. A main feature of Cold Turkey is to block certain distracting websites, such as Reddit! (lol) while allowing access to others, like class websties. Cold Turkey software is providing this functionality as a Safari Extension. The extension can simply be toggled off during the session. So its no bueno.

    My question is can we/I set a password for making changes to Safari Extension? Does anyone know If the user (teen) were not an admin would Safari extension changes automatically require a password?

    submitted by /u/captBergeron
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone selling OS X Lion Server with code?

    Posted: 04 May 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    I have a Mac Pro 1,1 which is perfect for a project but I need Lion Server. Is there anywhere to get a legit disc and s/n?

    submitted by /u/blotblagtig
    [link] [comments]

    Identifying 32-Bit Apps

    Posted: 04 May 2019 05:16 AM PDT

    Is there a utility available that will scan your system to identify 32 bit apps before migrating to Mojave?

    submitted by /u/sborowko
    [link] [comments]

    Problem downloading OSX from dosdude1 links

    Posted: 04 May 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    Tried downloading Snow Leopard from dosdude1.com/os that links to mega.nz. Snow Leo weighs 6.13 GB so Mega just stops the download in the middle stating overquota and prompts me to get a paid account. Is there any way to circumvent it? I mean, what's the point if one cannot download it for free?

    submitted by /u/otetz
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a MacOS Mojave ISO

    Posted: 04 May 2019 05:17 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking for an iso for MacOS Mojave iso for VirtualBox. But I cannot find one... I have searched the internet. (btw the reason I'm looking for an iso is because I don't have a MacBook) So does anyone have an iso download?

    submitted by /u/tftfxr56
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel