• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 1, 2019

    Apple Watch I think my watch is trying to kill me. What's your May challenge?

    Apple Watch I think my watch is trying to kill me. What's your May challenge?


    I think my watch is trying to kill me. What's your May challenge?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    29,900 calories for the month. Works out to about 200 calories a day more than I usually burn off. Gah.

    Welp, that's why I bought the thing. But it would be nice to get one of the "stand up three times" monthly challenges for a change.

    What do you have to do this month?

    submitted by /u/cabridges
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one that gets disappointed when I miss the ring closing animations?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 03:14 PM PDT

    Polar Beat or Workout app

    Posted: 01 May 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    Is it best to use the Polar Beat app or the generic Workout app of Apple OS when tracking tennis and running?

    I might add that I have the Polar H10 to record the HR data.

    submitted by /u/ShortReddit
    [link] [comments]

    When I get notified that my wife finished an outdoor walk workout, the first canned reply is a chirp

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 02:00 PM PDT

    For anybody wondering if the olive/flak Nike sport band will be back in stock, it won’t, unfortunately.

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:00 AM PDT

    I called Apple and also connected via their online chat option and was told both times that they do not currently have any plans to bring this item back in stock.

    I refuse to pay the money that some of these jokers are charging on eBay.

    Bummer!

    submitted by /u/JustTom1
    [link] [comments]

    Series 3 - Digital Crown O-Ring

    Posted: 01 May 2019 05:51 AM PDT

    Well had the sticky crown issue others have noted. Ended up having the o-ring break and come out partially. Went to the Apple store and sent watch in for service as I've got AppleCare on it.

    Of course Apple says the watch is fine and is mailing it straight back to me after running some software tests on it (pro tip: it's a physical issue facepalm)

    Guess it's time to go swimming if they don't want to just fix a piece of rubber. That or bring a glass of water to the store and dunk it right off the bat.

    Seems wasteful to me to have to short the watch just to get them to actually replace a piece of rubber.

    Anyone else have this kind of headache for what seems to be a pretty straightforward repair.

    submitted by /u/epicstratton
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a series 3 - will it still track my steps if my hand is fairly still while pushing a cart?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 12:58 PM PDT

    For my job I push a cart back and forth all day and when I'm holding onto the handles my wrist is barely moving but damn if my feet and legs aren't getting a workout all day so will it track my steps? First day wearing it seemed low

    submitted by /u/ctb540540
    [link] [comments]

    Hello. I am about to buy Apple Watch Series 1(2nd Gen) and I wanna know what to check and where to look before buying. Can u guys please recommend something?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 05:30 AM PDT

    Workout - distance + speed but no map

    Posted: 01 May 2019 01:28 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Im using an AW4 and an iPhone 6. I always track my commutes with the apple workout app on my watch and sync them to strava with healthfit. But recently my workouts started to have no map-data, even though they have distance and speed data (which are accurate). I guess the map-data must be logged if these metrics are shown.

    Is there a way to force a re-sync between my watch and my phone? Restarting both devices does not seem to help.

    submitted by /u/i_love_coffee
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Series 4 for a nurse?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    With mother's day coming up, and the fact that her FitBit is on the fritz, I figured it was a good time to get my SO an Apple Watch as a gift. I brought it up and she was a little hesitant because of cost and because she's used a FitBit for a long time. With respect to cost I'm thinking of keeping it low and going with one of the aluminum GPS-only models. I also considered something like the FitBit Versa, but honestly it just looks kind of cheap and a bit like a "me-too" product.

    So essentially I'm looking for feedback with regard to moving from a FitBit (Charge 2 I think is the one she has) to an Apple Watch. For any medical professionals, have you found your Apple Watch to be too fragile for every day use? What apps and use functions would you show to make it seem more useful?

    For additional context, I currently own a Series 0 stainless steel model, so at this point it really isn't a good way to show the potential of the Watch. I also have had no issues with durability of this stainless steel model but I don't really know what to expect going to aluminum.

    submitted by /u/mrharoharo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an Apple Watch app that can remotely control full screen YouTube videos?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    I imagine this app may be in the form of a Bluetooth keyboard emulator or some other form.

    I regularly have YouTube videos loaded on safari on my Mac. Sometimes I may miss something in the video, and I'd like to rewind it or increase the volume with my Apple Watch as I may not be nearby and am doing something else.

    So basically something that can transmit arrow keys to the Mac.

    submitted by /u/Makegooduseof
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question about pairing my new apple watch 4 with iphone 8plus on ios12.1.2

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:24 AM PDT

    Hey guys, got an apple watch for a birthday present. If I took it out of the package and tried to pair it to my iphone on iso 12.1.2

    Would I be able to pair it without updating my iphone? Never had an apple watch before.

    Sorry for asking a nooby question.

    submitted by /u/ApZzZ93
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a location where I can find a histroy of all apple watch straps and their hex code colors?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    Just wondering if anyone has recorded that anywhere, want to look at the data. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/smickie
    [link] [comments]

    Before I buy

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:10 AM PDT

    Can the apple watch play music through my airpods without a subscription of Apple Music? Like I have over 80 gigs of music downloaded on my iPhone without an AM subscription, would all that music still be listened to if i got the AW S4 with cellular data?

    submitted by /u/noirego
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a pair of these! Anyone have good ideas for custom bands?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:01 AM PDT

    Apple Watch hijacking AirPods from iPhone

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:46 PM PDT

    I have a Apple Watch Series 1, iPhone SE updated to current iOS, and AirPods I bought back in August, my current problem is that I will leave a Pod in my ear after a phone call, go to double tap to talk to Siri but then music will be playing from the Watch instead and my phone shows the AirPods as being 'not connected'.

    Which leads to taking the pod out of my ear, and putting them back in my ear. Possibly back into the case then back to my ear. Until I get to the point that I go to the Bluetooth settings on my phone just to connect back to the AirPods.

    Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

    I've restarted the phone and the watch, 'forget this device' on the AirPods, and now doing a unpair/pairing of my watch in hopes that it'll help fix this problem because it's unsafe while I'm driving which is when I use them the most.

    submitted by /u/Firmteacher
    [link] [comments]

    Store file on Apple Watch?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 12:22 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    A little question this morning: Can we store file on Apple Watch? I explain myself. On my iPhone, I store some files on the application: « Documents ». There are some audio files. I want to know if I can put this local file found on my phone on my Apple Watch? In fact, I want to listen this file when I run for example without my iPhone. Can we transfer that? Use the same process on watch or not?

    Thanks!

    Good day!

    submitted by /u/_Rama_
    [link] [comments]

    Sizing help please!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Would like a second opinion please! I think it's fine but I'm not sure if "traditionally" speaking it's a good fit. I just got it today so I still have the chance to go back and get the 40mm.

    Here's an image of the 44mm on my wrist: https://i.imgur.com/J6lSILW.jpg

    submitted by /u/unfasten
    [link] [comments]

    Random Music by default?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    Obviously it isn't possible to run a playlist on random by default on Apple Watch? Every day I go for a run I've to start my fav playlist with the same song.

    submitted by /u/aDifferentRoom74
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a AW S4

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 07:42 PM PDT

    So I bought an AW series 4 44mm from Facebook marquet and this person has apple care in this AW my question is if I can extend the time for the apple care?

    submitted by /u/tracher132
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch charger and Airpods2 wireless charging case DON’t work!

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    Unfortunately. I'm quite irritated by that.

    submitted by /u/Athelas-Loraiel
    [link] [comments]

    School me on Apple Watch

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:10 PM PDT

    Quick synopsis of my love affair with apple, I've always loved Apple for as long as I can remember but they were always too expensive. When they switched to X86 I made the switch and bought my first MacBook Pro 2007. Loved it so much I started stockpiling their products. Their PC shelf life made more sense as you didn't have to upgrade every year like their iPhones and such. Long story short I decided to splurge and go back to iOS ecosystem. I already have an iMac at home and iPad as well as the XR as my daily phone. The watch health apps intrigued me but what I don't understand is the great disparity in price. Looking at the store I can see some ostensibly have different face designs and bands but cost 3 or 4x more than the plain variety. I just need something that will track my health and chances are I will always have my phone with me so I'm thinking the cellular option isn't a requisite. Should I spend the extra 100 and get cellular because you never know!?

    I'd also like to get one for my senior aged dad who I would like to track his whereabouts. He only has a flip phone with texting capability so Monday's either. Is the series 4 a must for this situation? I can ask his carrier for another sim and pop it in the watch if tracking with just the gps is not a viable option.

    Anyway Id appreciate some advice on which series to get for myself and my dad. Not sure if I outlined all the questions needed for an accurate assessment so please ask.

    Budget is obviously a consideration. Not going for bling just the bare minimum.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Ditheringoscilator
    [link] [comments]

    Do you call your Apple Watch something else? e.g. Wearable, comm badge, my precious…

    Posted: 01 May 2019 03:54 AM PDT

    Healthfit and Strava?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2019 04:12 PM PDT

    Is anyone using the HealthFit app to sync workouts to Strava? Particularly, running workouts?

    I switched from the native Strava AW app to the Workouts app to track my runs a few weeks ago... I like the Workout app quite a bit more.

    But I have noticed that while most metrics are correct after HF syncs with Strava, my split times don't match the Workout app at all.

    Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/bungertc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel