• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 2, 2019

    Apple Watch Activation locked S3 delivered today

    Apple Watch Activation locked S3 delivered today


    Activation locked S3 delivered today

    Posted: 01 May 2019 10:18 PM PDT

    Received my S3 from eBay today... 42mm for about $210 in including shipping. I thought this was fair as the watch seemed in just about new condition from the pictures. When I received it I contacted the seller about deleting the device from his account so I could actually use it and got the response of "I'm at work, I will do it around 9pm." This was at 4-5pm so already I am inconvenienced. So, as 9pm approaches, I send another message and am hit with "Ok...let me explain something to you..." He proceeds to feed me some line of fresh BS about the watch being his friend's who did not know how to sell on eBay and who also apparently "didn't know how to reset the watch." Fortunately I called eBay and am returning this brick tomorrow and picking up a BRAND NEW one from Walmart so I have no lock, etc. to worry about.

    If anything, this post is meant to just be a vent for how crappy people can be and maybe it belongs here maybe not, but anyone looking for used AWs on eBay, CONFIRM WHETHER THE WATCH YOU ARE BUYING IS ACTIVATION LOCKED BEFORE BUYING. I will not make the same mistake again and I hope this can help anyone!

    submitted by /u/b_roby06
    [link] [comments]

    Can Apple Watch cellular call 911 for help if you're watch isn't on your cellular plan?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 11:02 PM PDT

    I was reading the story where a woman and child were hit by a drunk driver and the mother used her watch to get emergency services to rescue her.

    https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/16/apple-watch-sos-saves-mom-baby/

    Im curious if for example you don't have your phone or it was damaged in an accident could you still contact 911 like a cell phone without an active plan?

    submitted by /u/imortal211
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone using Skins?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:26 AM PDT

    I saw 1 user posted a short video with a skin from phantomskinz. Anyone else here?

    I tried the ones from slickwraps and they were just TERRIBLE. The phantomskinz looked pretty good though.

    submitted by /u/PresidentZer0
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch makes facebook messenger messages appear as read

    Posted: 02 May 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    So I recently acquired an apple watch series 3 and I am loving it. However, I have an issue with the facebook messenger app.

    When I receive facebook messenger messages, the watch makes it automatically as read on my phone even with me opening the message on my phone.

    So, if I receive a fb messenger notification and I raise my wrist to see who it is, without opening, when I go to the app on my phone, the message appears as if I had opened it and read it.

    Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Yogosan
    [link] [comments]

    Series 2 dying.. get 4 or wait until 5?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    My series 2 is dying. Slowly and horribly. Some days the battery lasts 2-3 hours. Others it's fine. Some days it notifies me of messages 12 hours later. Other days it's fine. It changes faces and personalities all on its own and yeah, some days it's perfectly fine. I have had it since the day they released it. It's old. I know that. I've known it was going to be replaced sooner or later.

    Question is, should I retire it now and get a 4 or since the new ones are coming in 4-5 months, should I just tough it out and wait until the 5s come out?

    Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/chibiiheals
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Lifesum app calculate remaining calories?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:34 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I just made the switch from my Fitbit Versa to AW4 due to fitbits step counter adding thousands of extra steps a day which messed up my calorie, distance, etc... for the day. Anyway, I love the Fitbit app, hate health and activity app, and the only one I've found kind of close to Fitbit is Lifesum, however, I can not for the life of me seem to figure out how it is calculating remaining calories for the day as it is more than I would like to consume.

    Also, how can I set a 2 pound a week weight loss goal on Lifesum so that it can reflect that on my remaining Cals?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/xoxoxo19
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch 50$ off Costco

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:55 AM PDT

    Is this a real deal? It says the original price is $485 for 40mm cellular model but they are knocking off $35 to make it $450 plus shipping

    submitted by /u/minimalistforlifeee
    [link] [comments]

    EKG feature just got enabled (Spain)

    Posted: 02 May 2019 02:56 AM PDT

    I don't know if this was expected but I woke up today to a notification telling me that EKG was available. I am not sure if this applies to the whole EU but it's great! I hated having a feature that was software locked.

    submitted by /u/Geralt_De_Rivia
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness watchfaces are bad, anyway to get this?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 10:30 PM PDT

    So I just bought an Apple Watch 4 after having the Fitbit versa for two weeks and LOVING it until I realized it was adding THOUSANDS of steps I did not take and messing up my distance, calories burned and calorie deficit measurements.

    That being said I can no find out how to get the following on a watch face: Time Steps taken Calories burned BPM

    literally I have not seen any video or watch face that does this and SURELY if bootleg Fitbit and amazfit bip can do this, so should the Apple Watch. Anyone know how I can get this??

    submitted by /u/xoxoxo19
    [link] [comments]

    Can i enable EKG feature using jailbreak?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:01 AM PDT

    In my country it is currently unavailable feature. I tried to use fake location using AklocationX but it doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/frifinker
    [link] [comments]

    Case/Screen protector for Swimmer

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:06 AM PDT

    Hey all, Just brought a series 4 Apple Watch and I'm loving it! However I'm a competitive swimmer and can't wait to take it in the water but before I do so I would like to put some form of "Protection" on the watch. So if I hit/scrape my arm along the wall of the pool or hit the lane rope it doesn't smash and crack into bits. (I'm a bit paranoid). Does anyone know any form of case that maybe has a bumper or a full coverage where water getting under it doesn't affect the watch? Also I'm not sure if this is a thing but even a waterproof screen protector?

    Thanks, I'm a Littel but lost here and am trying to look at different products on amazon currently :)

    submitted by /u/Won-Ton13
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else had this? Occurred after a time change and shows the same on my watch as well

    Posted: 01 May 2019 11:58 PM PDT

    Does anyone have any stories of correctly using the Emergency Services feature?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 07:37 PM PDT

    Apple Watch as a surveyor

    Posted: 01 May 2019 09:58 PM PDT

    I was reading through the comments and I guess it gives more validation on those people working in construction and welding. I am going to get the aluminum version and plan to get a case of some sort. But my question is dust and dirt. As a surveyor I'm at the field and always have dirt kicking up on site or if the wind decides to blow. I know that it being water resistant I can maybe wash it off if need be. But I think to extend the longevity of it (also considering it will be aluminum) a case would be beneficial.

    Also I was wondering those who have cases which ones work best to best protect the watch and still be able to use apple bands like the metallic magnet one (don't know the name but I love the feel of it and considering to get that paired with the case).

    Thanks for the replies.

    submitted by /u/jesusp1080
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here with S4 Space Grey with some watch bands?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 01:08 PM PDT

    Would love so "real life" photos of the black watch with some different straps. I am thinking about trading my silver to the space grey. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PresidentZer0
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch series 4 vs Fitbit versa in terms of *step counter/fitness accuracy*

    Posted: 01 May 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I had been deciding between the Fitbit versa and Apple Watch series 4 specifically for fitness tracking and text notifications. After lots of review watching I decided on the Versa, which I initially loved, but I started noticing that the pedometer is incredibly inaccurate - so much so that it adds 2,500-3,000 steps while I'm in the shower/getting ready in the morning! Now I know that ain't right cuz right before that, I go on a two mile run and it's hardly 4,000 steps. I'm incredibly disappointed because I've been in love with it and I absolutely adore the Fitbit app but this inaccuracy problem is really unacceptable because ya boy tryna lose 10 pounds.

    So, my question is, how accurate or inaccurate is the Apple Watch step counter/heart rate monitor/calorie burn reading capability?

    Sure the added bonuses will be all the extra features, for me mostly replying to texts and such, but I'll mostly be using it for fitness tracking. I don't want a basic Fitbit because after having the versa I want the same or better.

    Has anyone had experience with both, or have used the Apple Watch extensively for health? Also can you use it with the Fitbit app? It's so much more complete than the health app.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/xoxoxo19
    [link] [comments]

    Autowake app - No connection. Help?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    So I used to use the SleepCycle app to track my sleep, but haven't been able to for some times, and therefore I bought the Autosleep, Autowake, Heartwatch package. Since I read that they were good. But I can't seem to get Autowake to use... When I try to enable it with the "switch" I get an error message "No Connection". Even though my watch is connected to my phone, my phone is in the charger and I have both Autosleep and Autowake on the watch face, that I use for sleeping...

    Anyone that has a fix? Or an idea about how to fix it? - Using an AW 4 Nike edition

    submitted by /u/thebiggestofbears
    [link] [comments]

    List of apple watch cellular apps?

    Posted: 01 May 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Do any of you guys know third-party apple watch apps you can use on WiFi or cellular without iPhone?

    submitted by /u/Jhabka
    [link] [comments]

    Accessories and Tips

    Posted: 01 May 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Hey all! My girlfriend graduates from undergrad on Saturday and has mentioned before that she'd like an Apple Watch. I'm considering buying her an S3 38mm as a grad gift and am wondering if there are any key accessories or tips that I could give her along with it. Are screen protectors essential? Should I get her a charging dock of some sort? Didn't know anything about the product before looking into it today, so I would appreciate any advice! Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/sharb2485
    [link] [comments]

    Colors on map route

    Posted: 01 May 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    What do the different colors on the map route mean after a run?

    For example, it clearly traces out the streets I've run on but the colors are green, yellow or red. Having trouble thinking of what they could mean!

    submitted by /u/Hindsight2000
    [link] [comments]

    Dreamy ��

    Posted: 01 May 2019 10:03 AM PDT

    S4 speaker grille cleaning

    Posted: 01 May 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Apologies for spelling it's not my strong suit

    My S4 has a white tiny piece of something inside the speaker grille, it was there for awhile but then it started causing notifications to be fuzzy in sound, I tried to flush it out with water and use the "turn Digital Crown to eject water." I also tried to pry it out with a toothpick. Any suggestions on how to remove this guy?

    submitted by /u/Doggo1060
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the Milanese Loop? [S4 40mm - Black]

    Posted: 01 May 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I am moving into a new job, and my current sport bands/loops won't fly for office wear. I do believe that the Milanese Loop will be okay though. I have two questions -

    1) Is it worth the $149.99? Considering the other straps are $50, I don't think it's the craziest price hike.

    2) Would it look "odd" on an aluminum AW? I feel like these are marketed and geared more toward the "luxury" SS watches.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/CFA_L1-L3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel