• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 2, 2019

    Apple Macbook What would have been a whole screen replacement replaced with a £12 part in 10 minutes - like new!

    Apple Macbook What would have been a whole screen replacement replaced with a £12 part in 10 minutes - like new!


    What would have been a whole screen replacement replaced with a £12 part in 10 minutes - like new!

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro Keyboard Failures: Why Apples dust excuse is bullshit! [Teardown + Explanations]

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:28 AM PDT

    Grey screen with a cursor, won’t do anything, won’t shut down, any ideas how to fix?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 2018 issues

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    Looking to buy a MacBook Pro 15 2018, 256gb. Do you guys think 256gn is too small for macOS and can you still recommend this gen of the MacBook to stay fully functioning for the next 4-5 years?

    submitted by /u/Montrel_PH
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Both Iphone and Macbook at the same time?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:16 PM PDT

    I have a iphone xs max (lighting port) as well as a Macbook Air 2018 ( USB-C Port). Is it possible to use the provided charging block from my macbook air.......to charge both of these devices?

    I am thinking something that will turn the USB-C on the charging block into 2 USB-C's and then just use the supplied cable for the macbook and a USB-C to Lighting Cable for the iphone.

    Would this work? Would both devices "fast charge". Thank you

    submitted by /u/AliceJoy
    [link] [comments]

    Help accessing iCloud photo library?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    My mom has a Macbook. My computer broke the other day so I've been using her Mac. I'm used to PC's so the layout is very foreign to me. Yesterday, I went ahead and deleted a bunch of some from the hard-drive, mainly photos and videos. Now there's plenty of storage space. Today, I wanted to go ahead and clear up some space on iCloud, as well. Again, photos and videos are taking up the vast majority of space. But I can't seem the find the folder so I can delete them? Sorry if it's a noob question but like I said, I'm unused to Macs. Thanks for the assistance!

    submitted by /u/tyler_finch
    [link] [comments]

    Really useful Mac utility, worth checking out.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Hello, fellow Mac users.

    I wanted to share a little utility I found that I thought is really useful. It creates a collapsible section in your menu bar and allows you to put icons inside of it. This hides the icons and creates a way neater look IMO. I can't stand it when there are too many icons in the menu bar. I don't know why Apple doesn't let you remove these natively. Anyway, check it out with this link: https://vanilla.peachs.co/r/puffy-art-9380

    It's free which is nice as well.
    Enjoy.

    submitted by /u/DRFTA7
    [link] [comments]

    Kernel_task cannot be tamed?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 07:57 PM PDT

    After changing the HDD cable Kernel_task shot to 400%cpu and of course fan at 6000 rpm

    AHT reports cooler proximity Th1H temp sensor error Neither SMC reset helped nor the procedure of deleting MacBook-6f0....plist file (presumably corresponding to mbp9,2 model https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-solve-kernel_task-high-cpu-usage.1706948/page-3).In fact all same even during boot when HDD disconnected! Any other ideas please ?Also where can one see the list of all thermal sensors in a1278,mid2012 and where are the kernel panic log files exactly?thanks

    submitted by /u/posta011
    [link] [comments]

    Is the new 2018 MacBook Air enough for c#

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:51 PM PDT

    Where the rubber meets the road: Wait for the product reveal before purchasing??

    Posted: 02 May 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    Well, I think I've read dozens and dozens of articles and threads about the MacBook Air/Pro's keyboard problems. I plan to buy a MacBook (most likely a Pro), but it'll be the first Apple laptop for me. I've decided to try the Mac because I use an iPhone and an iPad, so I wanted cross-platform convenience. Basically, I'm an Apple Laptop Newbie. So here's the questions: I hear there's going to be an Apple convention/product reveal this summer. Should I wait until AFTER this product reveal/update before buying my MacBook?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/nobushi77
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to put audio file in Audacity isn't working

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:32 PM PDT

    I've already posted in this sub once today, but I need even more help. So, I'm trying to make a video. I have my audio, which I recorded using an external mic. I cannot put the unaltered video recording into Audacity. So I tried encoding it into an 'Audio Only' file, and got this message: This version of Audacity is not compiled with QuickTime support. Okay. So I downloaded VLC media player, the audio converter programme I used on my PC before it broke, and I converted the videos into audio. But again, when I tried to put it into Audacity, I got the same message as before. I'm stumped and frustrated and just hoping that someone here knows how to fix this.

    submitted by /u/tyler_finch
    [link] [comments]

    2018 macbook pro 13” burns my fingers when using trackpad. Anyone else?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    When i use it for over 30 minutes I'm left with a numbing sensation in my fingertips.

    submitted by /u/Whitelimecat
    [link] [comments]

    Using macbook as windows desktop screen possible?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    I have my desktop hooked up to my television for various reasons. Though I have some work only possible on the desktop, which I would like to do on my laptop.

    submitted by /u/MrBoringxD
    [link] [comments]

    Space Gray MacBook Pro 2018 15'' second hand, buyed for € 2000 instead of € 3399. What do you think?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 01:13 PM PDT

    how to view screen on time?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:36 AM PDT

    is there an app or program that can let me view the screen on time? like how we can view it on phones.

    submitted by /u/homiecydxl
    [link] [comments]

    Portable monitor for MacBook Pro Early 2015

    Posted: 02 May 2019 11:06 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I have a MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 and I'm looking to buy an external portable monitor for it. Something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-90LM0381-B01170-ZenScreen-15-6-Inch-Monitor-Black/dp/B071R31L1G/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=asus+90LM0381&qid=1556820233&s=gateway&sr=8-1

    I can't seem to actually find any reliable source that this works with MacBooks and I'm having a hard time finding an portable monitor to work for my MacBook. Has anyone used any of these and can recommend a good model, preferrably on Thunderbolt?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/valkyrka
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp win10 and solidworks on 2016+ rMBP 15"

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    Can anyone confirm if they are able to successfully run SolidWorks on Windows 10 via BootCamp on a 15" rMBP 2016+? And if so, what graphics card do you have, and how does it perform?

    I've found lots of discussion about older MBPs, and lots of people saying it "should be no problem" but I want to make sure before buying. I also am aware the SolidWorks does not certify or test on MBPs, but I want to know if no one is using it this way.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/203984029384038
    [link] [comments]

    Can I save paragraph styles in Pages?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:25 AM PDT

    In the Format section of Pages, I can chose multiple paragraph styles which is great for producing documents. However, everytime I edit or add a style with my preferred font, colour and size, it does not save. As soon as I open a new document the paragraph styles are lost.

    Can I save my custom styles so I don't have to manually update them each time?

    submitted by /u/holdthebabyy
    [link] [comments]

    Refurbished MacBook Air (2017)

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    I found the MacBook Air (released in June of 2017) at Apple's refurbished and clearance store on the UK site for £809 (originally £949), am gonna use it mainly for researching and writing essays.

    It has the following specifications:

    • 13.3 inch screen
    • 8 GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 RAM
    • 128 GB PCIe-based SSD
    • Intel HD 6000 Graphics

    Has anyone got experience buying through that store?

    submitted by /u/bxrxsxax
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook boot picker broken

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:16 AM PDT

    I have a Late 2007 black core 2 duo macbook with 4GB of ram (macbook3,1) and I wiped Mac OS X 10.7.5 to install Bunsenlabs Linux. I now want to install another linux distro or windows, but the boot picker recognises Windows but when I try to boot Windows it just freezes the bootpicker. I have tried resetting SMC, PRAM, etc and nothing worked. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ErrorsLoveMe
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for feedback about MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:21 AM PDT

    Hi everyone !

    When Mojave was first released i updated my Early 2015 Macbook Pro 13" (2.7Ghz i5 - 8Gigs of RAM) at first everything was nice (except it became very slow when i enabled dark mode) a couple days later my fans went full blast for nothing (i had only Gmail opened in safari) the laptop wasn't even hot ! I turned it off, and after that blackout. black screen no way of booting it up.

    Left it aside for like a week, tried to boot it. IT DID BOOT ! ... for five minutes then back to the fans going crazy etc.

    Left it aside for another couple of days, booted up, this time i went on recovery mode and downgraded to High Sierra and so far everything is working great.

    Now that Mojave has been out for a moment, i was wondering if those issues were fixed ? Anyone with same configuration as me is running Mojave ?

    submitted by /u/RamiDebab
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my MacBook Pro 13'' suffer because of Lightroom?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 01:26 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I have a MacBook Pro 13-inch from 2017 with a Processor Intel Core i5 2,3 GHz and 16 Go of RAM. I thought it was good enough but It suffers a lot while editing my photos on Lightroom (making a lot of noise, getting hot and sometimes Lightroom crashes).

    Is it a normal behavior? How could I fix this?

    Thanks for you help guys and girls!

    submitted by /u/Sicolan
    [link] [comments]

    MBP L2011 boot issues

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:36 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm running into some interesting booting issues. I've got a late 2011 mbp that has been on its last legs for a while now (heat buildup). I'm wondering if it's done or if I can resuscitate it.

    Symptoms from cold boot:

    • normal startup noises and chime

    • goes to white/gray update screen, bar proceeds to load.

    • bar reaches appx 75%, then will either:

    • blackout for .5 sec and then follow with an empty white/gray screen, or

    • black out while backlit.

    • on one occurence it shut down.

    • on one occurence it loaded to login screen, then proceeded to artifact pretty heavily. It became unresponsive so I shut down.

    I've tried:

    • NVRAM reset (successful)

    • SMC reset (unsure)

    • safe boot (unsuccessful)

    • recovery boot (unsuccessful)

    Any ideas on what I can try? I just want to get away from the updating screen; I feel like I could do a clean install and start from scratch, but it always goes to that update screen. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/hopliteware
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel