• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 2, 2019

    Apple Help This subreddit should allow us to upload pictures, it makes many things easier with a two sentences caption and a picture of whatever instead of an essay which anyone will hardly read to give answer to the problem. If you agree please upvote or comment to let admins know.

    Apple Help This subreddit should allow us to upload pictures, it makes many things easier with a two sentences caption and a picture of whatever instead of an essay which anyone will hardly read to give answer to the problem. If you agree please upvote or comment to let admins know.


    This subreddit should allow us to upload pictures, it makes many things easier with a two sentences caption and a picture of whatever instead of an essay which anyone will hardly read to give answer to the problem. If you agree please upvote or comment to let admins know.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Apple news doesn’t work without WiFi? It says that I’m not connected to internet but I have 3 bars LTE

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    iPhone XS Max every other thing that needs internet works. I'm posting this off my phone right now. Help?

    submitted by /u/Demog93
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 3rd Gen Stylus

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    Are there any styluses that magnetically attach to the iPad Pro other than the Apple Pencil?

    I would like a stylus but can't really justify spending $129 on it.

    submitted by /u/Pikachuwee
    [link] [comments]

    Question about pre-ordering powerbeats pro for in store pickup

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:22 PM PDT

    Going to preorder the new power beats pro and considering the pickup in store option so I can get them at work.

    If I do this, will I be assigned a pick up time, or can I stop by whenever? I know you get a time for iPhone but I'm not sure how it works for smaller products.

    submitted by /u/Blackhawks10
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini display gets to login screen and then goes black

    Posted: 02 May 2019 09:11 PM PDT

    I have my Mac Mini connected to an external display. When I start it up, the Apple logo appears followed by the login screen and then the display immediately goes black. I tried hard resetting to no avail.

    submitted by /u/tue39370
    [link] [comments]

    Slow wifi speed on Ipad pro 11

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    I checked it on several networks, My phone lg v20 get higher speed than my Ipad every time I tested it.

    submitted by /u/S_Commander_Thor
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photo Sync Dog Slow

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:42 PM PDT

    I'm starting to use my old MacBook again. Upgraded to the latest OS version, and also thought I would sync my photos with iCloud. Geez, this is torturously slow. Two questions - is slow just the way it is, and is there a better place (Google?) to store photos? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrPrettyKitty
    [link] [comments]

    New Q: iMac will not detect usb in startup menu

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    old thread: https://old.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/bj8hg8/new_imac_what_now/

    I found the files to reinstall Lion 10.7.4 plus the .5 update.
    I used them to make a Virtual Machine of Lion which I have used to make a bootable usb using different methods.
    I also made bootable usb within windows using TransMac and other applications.

    None of which produce a usb that is seen when I press alt/option after the chime.
    I have reset nvram.

    I am still very new to Mac. Can someone suggest what I can do next?

    I have yet to try another usb

    submitted by /u/RKAjt74v
    [link] [comments]

    Help setting up a Smart playlist

    Posted: 02 May 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    I'd like to set up a Smart playlist consisting only of my highest rated Apple Music tracks that were released in the 50s and 60s. My problem is that "oldies" doesn't exist as a genre, and many songs were released in the 50s and 60s but are only available on compilation albums, within Apple Music, that were released much later than the 50s or 60s.

    If anybody can offer parameters for a Smart playlist that a) contains only music from the 50s and 60s that b) are rated 4 or 5 stars, I'd appreciate it. I tried asking in the Apple Music subreddit but no one was able to help.

    submitted by /u/Carrnadalr
    [link] [comments]

    New trackpad cable (I think)

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:11 PM PDT

    In the process of fixing my Macbook Pro a1398 (mid 2015) I think I broke the trackpad cable sticker. Is a replacement needed, or is there a fix? My keyboard and trackpad stopped after unsticking it so I assume it's related, but any help is greatly appreciated as I can't actually afford a new one. Diagnostics revealed nothing when I used my USB keyboard/ mouse

    submitted by /u/LilyBrutal
    [link] [comments]

    Can't sign in to iMessage or Facetime on Mac

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:39 PM PDT

    It won't sign in at ALL. my apple ID works when signing in to the website.

    No outage is reported. The date and time is accurate. The internet is decent. I tried resetting the NVRAM.

    What's happening? Both work fine on my iPhone

    submitted by /u/ChemicalDuty
    [link] [comments]

    My friend lost his please help.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:07 PM PDT

    My friend lost his iPhone 6 at school a while ago, he did the usual thing and used find my iPhone. It wasn't in the school, he tried it later but found out the phone died. Is there anything i can do to help him?

    submitted by /u/Kruleth
    [link] [comments]

    I have old photos / books & newspapers to digitize so I’m looking for recommendations on a flatbed scanner.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    Searching around I see a lot of options that claim to be Mac Compatible but the reviews state otherwise. I have a Canon P-215 that used to work fine for documents and photos but after I downloaded the newest software update all I get are "can't find driver" errors so I'm ready for something less problematic . Does anyone have suggestions? thanks!!

    submitted by /u/mikeyRamone
    [link] [comments]

    Syncing iPhone and IPad.

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:11 PM PDT

    My dad has a new job that requires him to use an iPad and he needs help figuring out how to sync the two together (iPad and iPhone). He can't get his Apple ID to go onto both devices. I can't figure it out either. Can anyone help us figure it out?

    submitted by /u/Boba_Hutt
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone mirror lightning HDMI problems

    Posted: 02 May 2019 06:03 PM PDT

    I'm using my iphone 8 to stream a tv show from an app, Using lightning and hdmi cable. The episodes would play in the background on my phone mirroring to the tv(not a smart tv).

    I've been watching a few episodes and then suddenly the next episode won't play properly, No picture, just audio. I tried a lot of other shows on the same app, most of them don't work, they only play audio.

    Then I successfully streamed a random episode, but the episode is not mirrored from my phone - it says "connected using airplay" I do not have apple tv.

    I thought perhaps the app is to blame because youtube app works.

    Why airplay is coming up when I'm using the lightning cable? On the screen it says in docket while being plugged in however it is also searching for apple tv's connections.

    So to sum up this incredibly messy post

    - Episodes streams audio only (Thinking this is the app's fault?)
    - Using lightning cable but then says connected to airplay? ( I don't have apple tv)

    Please help I'm hopeless with this stuff.

    submitted by /u/LittleVanilly
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay on Youtube from my iPad not working properly

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    I tried showing a video on the Youtube app during a presentation in my university earlier today using a USB-C to HDMI adapter and all my iPad did was show "Conected to AirPlay" in front of the video I wanted to show on the TV. The TV was working fine, I could see what my iPad had on its screen on the TV just fine, but it wouldn't play the video properly. I replicated it at home with my own TV and the same happens. Is there a workaround for this? It really pissed me off and almost ruined my presentation. Picture of it in the comments.

    submitted by /u/ArturJPM
    [link] [comments]

    Need quick help updating iPhone with another iphone, please help

    Posted: 02 May 2019 05:10 PM PDT

    long story short, I had an iPhone X with a lot of data on it for my work, then I lost it, and I had to use my older iPhone 6S.. so after about 6 months of using it, I finally found my iPhone X!!!

    Is there any way I can take the info off the iPhone 6, and put it on the iPhone X without deleting any data from any phone?

    Can anyone please help me out?

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/PeatLover
    [link] [comments]

    Apple won't fix MacBook Pro *they* broke, claims water damage

    Posted: 01 May 2019 11:03 PM PDT

    The story starts with Apple's claimed "fix" for the keyboard problem, which is a pack of lies. I bought the 13" MacBook Pro with TouchBar shortly after launch in mid 2018, the first model with the new rubberized, sealed butterfly keyboard. After owning it a mere two weeks I got hit with thee reepeating keyss problmmemn. I took it to the store and rather than repair they did an immediate return-and-repurchase.

    That worked... for about 4-5 weeks. And then the exact same thing happened again. Replacing the keyboard takes a couple of days to do and I NEED my computer for work, and I travel a lot. So I grimaced and dealt with it until this week. I took it to the Apple store on Tuesday, yesterday.

    When I explained the problem they said they'll try replacing the keys that are having the repeat issue. I pointed out the ones I could remember and they took it into the back to service. 5-10 minutes later, the technician comes back out with my laptop, and apologizes explaining that when replacing the 's' key she accidentally snapped an internal component. The key cap was visibly offset. The good news though was that they'll just replace the whole top, giving me a brand new keyboard. So I signed the paperwork for that and left them to do their thing, expecting it back in 2-3 days.

    Today, just over 24 hours later, I get a message to call the store. When I do, they explain that they have not done the repair, that they opened the case and found "evidence of liquid damage" and "corrosion of core components" and therefore repairs will not be under warranty. I explained that this is not possible because I keep the thing in a case and have never had it come in contact with water or spilled anything on it. I ask them what evidence they saw and if they can send me photos. They say they have photos but refuse the send them, and request me to come in person to pick it up if I want to see for myself. They tell me they will not do any repairs until they receive $299 + taxes (about $330).

    This is highway robbery and bullshit on at least 3 accounts:

    1. A liquid contact indicator turning red--which I'm certain is all the 'evidence' they saw--is indicative of nothing more than normal usage in a humid environment (e.g. south-east asia, where I have traveled) or absorption of other volatiles like surface cleaning agents, or just taking a damn shower in my apartment which lacks a bathroom window.

    2. The machine works totally fine and hasn't experienced a single issue, except for the mechanical keyboard defect which manifested itself very shortly after purchase. The internal components they want to replace for the $330 fee are working perfectly fine, thank you very much.

    3. THEY BROKE THE KEYBOARD. I don't mean just that Apple has a design flaw or I somehow received two lemons out of the box, back-to-back. I took the machine in for a simple key-cap replacement, and the technician snapped the damn key off. I have dealt with the annoying key repeat issue for some months, but how do they expect me to type on a keyboard with broken keys? They screwed up but now they want to dump the machine back on me and demand $330 to fix their own mistake.

    I'm livid. Right now, every single personal computing product I own is Apple branded -- laptop, phone, watch, tablet, network router, media center, cloud backup, and airpods. HomePod is probably the only thing I don't own. But this is absolutely no way to treat a customer, especially one that has forked over $2500 for a computer with sub-par specs, even before the performance issue. This whole computer has been a disaster from the beginning, and if this is how they're going to treat me at servicing, I'm never buying another Apple product again.

    What are my options? I'm going into the Apple store first thing in the morning when they open. But unless I get a nice rep I'm not sure what options I'll have. If they're going to insist it's water damaged, I'm going to ask them to open it up so I can take pictures then close it back up before I take possession back. I'm considering contacting the attorney general's office or the California department of consumer affairs, but that's really a shot in the dark.

    UPDATE 2 May '19: Went to Apple Store, explained the issue to the poor tech (someone new) who thought I was picking up. She immediately went to her manager for help, and came back with the same response I had gotten yesterday: the repair facility requires the $299 charge. I asked to speak to the manager, and she brought him to the genius bar where I was sitting. I explained that I'm not asking for liquid damage repairs--as far as I know the machine is working just fine and was when I dropped it off. I understood too that finding liquid damage may have prevented Apple from servicing it without charge originally. But that changed when an Apple technician broke the keyboard--this isn't even about the originally requested repairs anymore. They have a responsibility of care and a legal mandate to return the device in the condition received [or compensate for the damage they cause, but I forgot to mention that part]. The response I got back was the exact same thing: no matter what the repair center will charge a $299 fee. I asked for his name and asked if we could call Apple together, at the store, to resolve this. He said they won't do that, then gave me his card and the public Apple support phone number. I took pictures of the key damage, but they wouldn't let me take a picture of their picture of the alleged liquid damage. He wanted me to take back my computer, but I insisted on them holding it as a matter of chain of custody.

    (One thing that was annoying--he kept saying "the repair was unsuccessful." The third time I heard that I stopped and explained the issue isn't that the repair failed to fix the symptom, but rather that the attempt to repair caused damage. He still kept using the careful phrase "the repair was unsuccessful." Are they trained to do this in these cases?)

    submitted by /u/maaku7
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K screensaver caper/conundrum

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:28 PM PDT

    I have two identical Apple TVs, one upstairs, one downstairs. They both have the same screensaver settings and both are updated to the most recent OS.

    However, one has been showing me great aerials of the city I live in for the last month or so, and the other one hasn't (international scenes).

    Just curious what could be causing this difference in screensavers. Anyone care to venture a guess?

    submitted by /u/MustLetTomPickOnion
    [link] [comments]

    2013 MacBook Pro won’t turn off

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Just got my MacBook back from getting the screen hinges fixed and I opened it up to a grey screen, with a cursor, it won't do anything else. Won't shut down and power button does nothing. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/nemaddux
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install Ubuntu 18.04 on my Macbook pro or Macbook air

    Posted: 02 May 2019 04:15 PM PDT

    I've tried booting into the removable disk, and every time it says that an update is needed for the boot disk. Is there any fix for this? Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/jacobgantz
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay audio separated on Mac and Tv

    Posted: 02 May 2019 12:08 PM PDT

    Hello! I wanted to watch a livestream on twitch with airplay while playing Sims on my Mac. Is there a way to keep the Livestream sound on my TV and the Gamesound on my Mac?

    submitted by /u/anria312
    [link] [comments]

    Probably wrong sub, but I'm looking for a benchmark that will let me test efficiency of my MB cooling pad

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:50 PM PDT

    I've recently started using a cooling pad on my MacBook Air but frankly speaking can't really tell whether it's helping whatsoever (basing solely on CMM CPU temperature and performance data). I'm looking for preferably free benchmark app that will let me test whether it actually cools my Mac at all, especially during heavy cpu usage

    submitted by /u/vectoralgebraist
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XS Back Camera Area over heats...

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Here's the details and timeline:

    I go to work at 8am, my phone was working just fine and my boss comes in and he brings his dog. I decide to take a picture of his dog and then from there I feel my phone start overheating. I'm thinking it's beceause I've been using it and I need to give it a break. so I just that. 30 minutes later, my iphone tells me that I need to let it cool down before I can use it, the warehouse was kind of hot so I decided to turn it off and stick it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. I do this and turn my phone back on and it starts to overheat again, but the focal point was the back camera, specifically the bottom camera (it was hotter tan the top although the back camera unit as a whole was hot) and so I decided to open my camera app to see what's going on and my front camera is just fine but my back camera is not. It shows black on my screen. Still, it's hot. Only my back camera turns hot. I tried turning it off and on over and over, nothing worked, I tried factory earasing all my data and settings, nothing (I didn't have accesss to a computer to itunes until after work around 4:30). An Apple representative told me that she's going to work with me but to try restoring the iphone istead on itunes or something, so tommorrow I'm going to call her and do that with her again. If not I'm going to have to go to apple... Aside from that though, does anyone here have and experiences with similar issues? Pleae help. Thank you all in advance.

    submitted by /u/mirakuruflame
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a replacement iphone 7, will it have ios 12.2 on it?

    Posted: 02 May 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    I was just wondering if my replacement iphone 7 from apple will definitely have ios 12.2 on it or can it maybe have a lower firmware?

    submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel