• Breaking News

    Monday, April 1, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - April 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - April 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - April 2019

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:57 AM PDT

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Should Apple Merge Notes and Stickies in the Next macOS? -

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 04:56 PM PDT

    To anyone complaining about Macbooks not having enough ports.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:35 AM PDT

    Changing first letter to lowercase in iMessage

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:41 PM PDT

    on an iphone, you can change the beginning of a message from capital to lowercase, is there any way to change this on a macbook?

    submitted by /u/cartisbraids
    [link] [comments]

    If Malwarebytes says that my MacBook Pro is clean, is it 100% safe?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 06:37 PM PDT

    Stupid me downloaded a free version of Logic Pro from some sketchy website a long time ago, like it was literally a completely different language.

    Anyways the app itself looks really official and works, and my computer hasn't acted up or acted how one might think it would if it was infected.

    I got Malwarebytes just to make sure my computer is okay, and it didn't find any problems. Does this mean I am definitely in the clear? Or could something just not have been found?

    submitted by /u/Aslumpedboy
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro keyboard feels like getting hot to the point where my finger starts feeling a burning sensation

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 02:12 PM PDT

    It's not something super annoying but as I'm typing it feels as if the keys are starting to heat up and burn my fingers a bit. Google didn't bring much information which made me wonder whether other users ever had the same problem. Its a MacBook Pro Mid-2015 that I recently purchased for around $1,400. A used one. Other than this little irritation, I find the MacBook amazing. The sound is lovely, so is the display. This is my first ever MacBook and I've been enjoying it for around a month now.

    Also, I have been noticing that every time I plug-in my earphones into the headphone jack, either Siri or iTunes pop-up all of a sudden and they keep doing so for at least 3 - 4 times, until I shut down my MacBook and turn it back on. Not to mention tho I think that's started happening after updating My MacBook recently to the latest update for the Mojave OS. Neither of these issues are super annoying to me as there is a lot of good stuff about the MacBook and hey, its a used one anyways. Plus I believe that I got it for a really fair price given the specs.

    Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you ever go through these issues.

    submitted by /u/Syed7860
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a second hand Mac?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Is anyone aware of any sort of verification method that Apple offers to check if a product is still in good working condition? Like if you take a Mac to the Apple store, can they tell if it any issues or damage? I'd be interested in buying a Mac secondhand from an individual but would only do so if there was a way to validate the device's condition, or is it just buyer beware? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/queenofsnacks
    [link] [comments]

    Best option for used macbook

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Never owned a macbook, but have the choice between the following 2 for the same price of $550:

    2015 Macbook air 13.3/1.6GHZ/8GB/128GBSSD

    2015 Macbook pro 13.3/8GB/128GBSSD (unknown ghz)

    Not sure if this is enough info, but thanks in advance for any guidance

    submitted by /u/gingernuts13
    [link] [comments]

    Need help, this error occurs

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:16 PM PDT

    Why does certain apps don't go full screen when dock is active. And where are dock does hide in other apps like safari when maximized? Is that only me, or is it how it is?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:48 AM PDT

    Bought a macbookpro with no hdd

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Hello. I just bought a macbookpro without a hard drive disk what can i do now?? I use a pc btw. I want to put a new hdd or ssd in it but how do i get mac os in it. I have an old white macbook that has a hard drive that i was thinking i could use. Can i do that just put in the old white macbook hard drive in it and it will boot?? Pls help.

    submitted by /u/arct4
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought this 2015 (2016?) MacBook Pro, NEED HELP!

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:23 AM PDT

    So I just bought this MacBook for $950 and someone told me that it was a 2016 MacBook. There's also a yellow tint on the bottom of the screen that shows when the screen is black. Is this going to be a problem and will it soon be leading to bigger problems with the screen? The title says 2016 but in the description it says 2015 and it looks like a 2016 MacBook as well, however I don't know much about Macbooks so I may be wrong.

    Here is the listing: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F233177565603

    Any help would really be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Kwortzz
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2017 13 inch getting hot with light use

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:14 AM PDT

    Alright, I'm not sure if I should even post it here - but I've just bought my first Mac ever, and I love it. It's just so much easier to use than Windows. I have one problem though - the laptop seems to get hot. Now, I'd like to just quickly point out that this isn't only my first Mac - it's my first laptop made out of aluminium, and it's also the first laptop I've used in as a laptop in a while - my previous laptop was an older Asus that I always used on a cooling pad while connected to a charger and with the battery removed, and I've been using a desktop PC for more than a year. So excuse me if I am just being paranoid. I've seen threads mentioning that it is normal for Macs to get hot - the fans don't start spinning unless necessary, aluminium transfers heat, stuff like that. And that I understand. I am however a bit worried and if I want to see if there is something wrong with it.

    The temperatures themselves don't seem to be that much, it generally stays at around 40 degrees Celsius when idle, and if I do use it gets into the 50's.

    But that's the thing. It starts to get hot in the upper right part, right above the keyboard, just with very light use - Safari open with a few tabs and Discord. I don't consider such use to be stressful for the CPU, and the Activity Monitor seems to agree with me, but it still gets hot. And while I would have normally just ignored it - I have a few reasons to be paranoid. When I turned my Mac on for the first time, a red square flashed around and over the Apple logo on the screen. I haven't been able to find anything about it online, and I'm not sure how the couriers dealt with my package. It as properly marked as fragile, but I've had friends who had their packages damaged, and I am a little paranoid that they might have dropped it or something, but I simply don't know enough about the subject to be sure, and the countless threads online about hot MacBooks are just very confusing. Should I be worried, or is it normal?

    Thank you very much in advance for any sort of help!

    submitted by /u/AshenPaladin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel