• Breaking News

    Monday, April 1, 2019

    iPhone Help: my iPhone X screen recorded itself, zoomed in on a payment confirmation picture and I think my bank info might be compromised.

    iPhone Help: my iPhone X screen recorded itself, zoomed in on a payment confirmation picture and I think my bank info might be compromised.


    Help: my iPhone X screen recorded itself, zoomed in on a payment confirmation picture and I think my bank info might be compromised.

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 03:49 PM PDT

    Did a frantic search and came across this sub and need help. But tldr: exactly as title say and if it helps I'm on an iPhone X running 12.1. I stopped at the liquor store on my way home from work today and after I got home a notification came up saying the screen recording had been saved. Naturally curious since I had not been recording my own screen or looking at my phone because I was driving and it was in my pocket while in the store, I watched the video. It started on the timer saying if I wanted to set it for 5 minutes, then it went to the pull down menu and selected my camera and selected my photos from the bottom left.

    Now I may be an idiot but I took a screenshot of the payment confirmation from a payment I made towards my credit card earlier this afternoon. The confirmation screen has my personal checking account info listed on it (bank routing number and partial bank account number). This is the first photo that is seen in the recording and it goes straight to that information and stays on it for a few seconds which is more than enough of time to take a picture of it. It then tried to save the picture in notes but closed it out and went to my iTunes where it said I was offline and to turn off airplane mode (odd since I never turn it to airplane mode). iTunes closes out then it is on my home screen and it opens settings where i could see the wifi was from the grocery store next to the liquor store.

    After it goes to settings it opens up the notifications and stays on the notifications for 2048 and it says on that screen for the rest of the video and doesn't show the screen record button being hit to end the recording.

    A quick google search didn't give me any answers since nobody else seems to have had the same problem. Obviously I'm freaking out since my bank info could very easily be out there and I could easily be fucked. I'm hoping this is an elaborate April Fools prank or something but I have no idea how it could be possible. I'm posting this from my desktop and currently have my phone in airplane mode to keep it offline and keeping an eye on my bank account. Any information would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SnoogerBooger
    [link] [comments]

    Obtaining IPhone Contacts

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    A friend of mine lost her phone and she is trying to figure out how to get her contacts while she does not have a phone. Is there any way for her to view her contact numbers if she does not have a phone? She has a chromebook laptop and an Apple watch.

    submitted by /u/Priestx
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods iMessage notifications

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    iPhone X Apple Watch 1st Generation AirPods 2

    When I receive a new iMessage or SMS notification, it only goes to the watch. No sound from the phone or in the AirPods (and no interruption to music playing).

    How do I get it to ding in my ear as well?

    submitted by /u/CapitainePinotte
    [link] [comments]

    Please help! Problem with new iPhone xs max

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    Hi there, just bought an iPhone xs max 512 gb yesterday and I'm attempting to transfer over my pictures, videos, contacts and text conversations from a Samsung s8. I used move to iOS and had success with pictures, videos and contacts (though they came in and multiplied but that's an easy fix) however, text conversations seem to be a problem. All of my received messages are there but the only sent messages showing are from before 1/8/18 or messages that I sent from my watch. I've contacted both apple and Samsung and they've been zero help. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!

    submitted by /u/rav0607
    [link] [comments]

    Questions regarding Switch Control

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 06:26 AM PDT

    I have just used switch control today. I have a few questions.

    1. How do you set amount of repeats(loops setting doesnt seem to increase it)? or do I have to tab the amount of times I want it repeat?
    2. It can memorize only 5 clicks?
    3. Can I see the current times repeat, or how many times left?
    4. What is the maximum amount of repeats can it hold?

    Thanks;

    submitted by /u/Zidanesan
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled rubbing alcohol on my phone

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 05:55 AM PDT

    I spilled rubbing alcohol on my iPhone SE yesterday, and now the screen looks like this (That is my picture and it is only that area of the screen)

    Do I need to urgently replace the screen, or is it fine and just affects how the phone looks?

    The rubbing alcohol was on it for about 10 seconds before I noticed and wiped it up (this is an estimate)

    submitted by /u/MarshmallowFromHell
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max backspace issue iOS 12.2

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 04:58 AM PDT

    I have this issue with the stock iOS keyboard where sometimes the backspace button just does not work. I have to tap it 5 or 6 times before it starts working again. It's not consistent enough to prove it as a problem if someone asked me to show them. but enough to be really annoying. Has anyone had this issue? Is this a hardware or software problem? My phone is only 3 days old and I want to make sure it's replaced if it's hardware. I've restored the phone multiple times through iCloud. I've removed and had my screen protector replaced. I'm not sure what else to try! I'm Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Novawhere
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel