• Breaking News

    Friday, April 5, 2019

    Apple Help How can two wireless headphones pair to the same device?

    Apple Help How can two wireless headphones pair to the same device?


    How can two wireless headphones pair to the same device?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    About to take a long 10+ hour flight with my friend. Is there a way for us to watch the same video on my iPad and iPhone using two wireless headphones? Both of our best headphones for air travel are Bluetooth only.

    submitted by /u/Takeabyte
    [link] [comments]

    do i really NEED to spend $100 on a new charger for my macbook pro??

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    i have the 15" 2018 macbook pro (the one with the touch bar) and i need a new charger. the power box thing it came with is 87w. can i do one of their lower wattage (30 or 61) or should i stick to the same type it came with?? also, do i need the apple brand usb-c cable or can i get any ol' brand?? i know the company is pretty proprietary w who they let be compatible.

    ps: can i use a usb-c cable thats intended for an ipad?? isnt it all the same?? i found one 2m one at best buy for $35 and then what seemed like the exact same one at target for $13......whats the difference???

    submitted by /u/veganstreetaco
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods going quiet

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    I'm on my second pair of AirPods and I went into Apple to get them cleaned less than a week ago, and then day after, they started to get silent again. I thought it could be the fact that they are dirty, but there is no way they are getting dirty in less than 30 min per day use.

    submitted by /u/Sindowill
    [link] [comments]

    Screen replaced, touch ID gone.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 03:24 PM PDT

    So I have a iPad Air 2 that just got it's screen replaced by some third party. (My school owns the iPad) now touch id doesn't work.

    Their IT department told me it's a common issue and nothing can be done about it (which would have been helpful since I planned on buying my iPad at a reduced cost at the end of the year).

    My question is: is there really nothing that can be done to get touch id back? I don't have access to the original screen, and don't know if the button has been replaced.

    submitted by /u/I_Wanna_Name
    [link] [comments]

    Weird app showing up on my cellular settings page

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    Hello, I was browsing through my settings and saw this weird app called "Fast Food" in my cellular settings. I've restarted my phone and it's still there.

    Does anyone know what it is? Or why it looks like that? I do have some apps like McDonalds, Dunkin', Chick-fil-A, etc on my phone but they are all listed separately on the list.

    I have an iPhone 7plus running iOS 11.3.1

    submitted by /u/SillyPotoo
    [link] [comments]

    Floating Window application?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:39 PM PDT

    Years ago, there used to be an app called Afloat that allowed for windows to float on top of the screen in definitely. For example, if I had some information I noted down to put on an online form, it would stay on top of the form while I enter it for as long as I want.

    Unfortunately, as of many OS updates ago, it actually causes the entire computer system to crash completely. I know this from painful experience.

    Ever since, I've been wondering if there was a similar program or function for newer Mac OS systems that don't destroy your computer. Anyone know of any modern alternatives.

    submitted by /u/Sparky-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Switch Control?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:24 PM PDT

    Before anything please note: My dog had stepped on the button on the very bottom so there was no way for me to fix it using that because the button had broke. I have tried mostly every solution but none have worked.

    So I have a pretty old device (iPod Touch) and over the weekend I had put on Switch Control because I was curious of what it had done. During the same period I had airplane mode on because when I have airplane mode on it doesn't give me ads on games. Right when I had pressed it, the Assistive Touch thing had dissapeared and it had taken me to the home screen. I powered it back on using the power button and it just kept on putting blue boxes around everything; the time, date, "Slide to Unlock" and camera. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

    submitted by /u/TrueSku
    [link] [comments]

    How do I find out the date I created an Apple Music playlist?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    I'd like to be able to see when I created my Apple Music playlists. I have searched endlessly and can not find the answer. Reddit to the rescue!

    submitted by /u/frightenedrabbit_
    [link] [comments]

    Cracked iPhone XS Max camera lens. Doesn’t affect photos. Can I use one of my AppleCare+ replacements on this?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:06 PM PDT

    Wasn't sure if this would be excluded since it's "cosmetic" damage only.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Rex805
    [link] [comments]

    IOS9 Iphone 6s Activation Error, asked to restore, but asked to "activate later" in Itunes when connected.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    After using my iphone 6s which is almost 4 years old now, Apple has hard locked my phone in Activation Error. I stayed at IOS 9 because I heard about how potentially harmful new IOS updates are to older models of Iphone.

    I get a notice saying "Activation could not be completed. Please restore phone and install the latest version of IOS and attempt activation again. If the problem persists, please contact customer support. I decided to hook my phone up to my cpu and went on Itunes, after connecting I only get a notice saying, We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.

    Is my phone bricked? What can I do to avoid installing or waiting for an IOS update? Should I contact apple for customer support?

    submitted by /u/Danielxiee
    [link] [comments]

    Your disk space is almost full! 40gb free

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:45 PM PDT

    MBA 2011. 250gb ssd. osx 10.12.6

    I am going to throw this great laptop out my window if I cannot stop this nagging message

    I have 30-50gb free and this message does not stop popping up over and over

    Am I going crazy that this is a nag merely to get me to use the iCloud?

    I turned off Time Machine after reading that can be a cause and it is not fixing it.

    I am having another nag message on safari as I stream espn+ because I have an adblocker. the message I have to click to close overlays the video saying "this page is using a lot of resources" yeah so??? It is like Apple is trying to push their products (icloud) and punish me for using an adblocker on safari.

    Please help me thank you!

    submitted by /u/whenthefunstopsstop
    [link] [comments]

    'About this Mac' storage info and third-party apps showing different amounts used

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:17 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Screenshot

    MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) running Mojave.

    When I look at computer's internal storage report, it says I have used nearly 100GB of storage with 68GB used for 'system', while two third-party apps (Disk Drill and Disk Inventory X) both say its around 60GB total with all of 8GB for 'system'.

    I tried a couple of things, like checking for Time Machine errors (though the instructions were for High Sierra) and running First Aid on the volume but no dice.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/welcometomyparlour
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013) Random/Unexpected shutdowns!!

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:10 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    My MacBook pro keeps crashing randomly while booting in regular mode. I could be working on it for hours or even a couple minutes and then unexpectedly, screen would go black and the fans start blasting. I went to the Apple store and the gentleman made a quick judgement that the logic board is the problem and I have to spend $500+ to get a new one. I'm realizing that it is working perfectly fine in Safe Boot. No shutdowns. But then again, I cannot use my Mac in regular mode. My Windows 10 bootcamp partition works perfectly fine. I'm able to run as many applications as I want and no shutdowns.

    I'm running macOS Mojave version 10.14.4

    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    So I went ahead and did my own research:

    1. I completely restored the "Macintosh HD" partition and DID NOT use any time-machine back-ups.

    Problem not solved.

    1. Considering the usage this MacBook went through (and no warranty on it anymore), I opened it up, cleaned it and replaced the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU.

    Problem not solved.

    1. I disabled SIP (csrutil disable)

    Problem not solved.

    I'm starting to realize that it has to be a software/programming issue. I ran some diagnostics but it was unable to detect anything. Maybe this is because when I turn the mac back on, it's not giving me any "report error to apple" pop-up, it just resumes as if nothing ever happen. (I read some reviews and people were blaming the dual graphics card.)

    Has anyone ever experienced this? Any solutions?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/modarc
    [link] [comments]

    Is my RAM soldered in on my iMac?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    Hello, I have a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) with 8GB RAM. I bought it with the intention of upgrading the RAM myself like I did with my Macbook Pro a while back. However, the internet told me that the RAM is soldered in and is impossible to upgrade. Is this true? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/MarmaMike
    [link] [comments]

    How do you add content to the Favorites section in the Files app on iPhoneXS+?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 07:03 PM PDT

    Developer settings section appeared?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 06:30 PM PDT

    On my iPP 2018 I noticed a developer section in settings a few days ago when looking for Siri options.

    I checked my other iPad on the latest 12.2 update and the option isnt on that iPad.

    This Apple ID has never been a developer account neither has the iPad. It's always with me and I only have access to it. Don't own a Mac. Never tired using this iPad for anything except work and leisure.

    Only 1 profile installed for WiFi which is on various of my iOS devices for ages now so I definitely know it's not related to that

    Not sure what these options do but hopefully someone can shed some light

    Here's a link to the screenshots

    submitted by /u/TheUser789
    [link] [comments]

    Home button experiencing a serious delay between being touched and going to the home screen.

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    Copied from another place I posted:

    So I'm having a strange issue that nobody else seems to experience. I have an iPhone 8+ on iOS 12.2. My home button "hangs" for lack of a better word, after clicking it, like it's waiting for another input. If the phone is asleep and I click the home button, it immediately goes to the lock screen. However, once it's unlocked, there's a full 3 second delay between me hitting the home button and it performing the action. Despite this, if I double tap the home button, it instantly goes to windowed mode (it was previously lagging with double tap as well but disabling triple tap in accessibility fixed this.)

    What I mean by the home button hanging is: if I triple tap, it works instantly, if I double tap, it acts instantly, but if I only click it once, it takes the full three seconds before it goes to the home screen. However, if I press it once, wait two seconds, and then press two more times, it will act as if I triple tapped. So it almost waits for a full three seconds waiting to see if it will do anything else, however all other functions are working as intended.

    I have tried recalibration the home button, disabling all functions related to the home button, reset all settings, updated iOS, turned off and on repeatedly, and so far nothing has worked. It is also worth mentioning that I did not mess with the settings prior to this happening; I accidentally left my screen turned on overnight and when I woke up the phone was dead. After it turned back on again was when this weird glitch started, not sure if that's helpful or not.

    Any advice or tips is appreciated as googling this issue only leads to me finding people suggested recalibration, or the home button not working at all, can't seem to find anything regarding a situation lag. Thanks.

    E: I have the home button wait time set to default as well, forgot to mention that.

    submitted by /u/Hobo_on_a_Stick
    [link] [comments]

    Location Services is inaccurate when on DATA

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6S w/ iOS 12.2 installed.

    My location has been off by 5 to 10 miles when I only have DATA enabled. Once I get connected to WiFi it narrows down to a more accurate spot.

    I doubt this is a software issue, but I'm not sure, as I've erased my phone multiple times and set it up as a new iPhone or restored it. I recently updated to 12.2 because I thought my issue was with iOS 10.

    Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I need help as I use my location services to clock-in for work.

    Thanks in advanced!

    submitted by /u/Rules2PlayBy
    [link] [comments]

    Erase a hard disk remotely

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    My 2011 imac was killed in a catastrophy. Litteraly, The cat knocked it off the desk and shattered the screen. Good news i had time machine. Alot of the computer works but not the graphics. I gried hooking up a second monitor but nothing was coming out. I can still access the dying mac's hard drive on the network. So my question, can i erase the hard drive through the network or do i have to take it out of the mac to protect my data?

    submitted by /u/jimimac510
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unblock a phone from a carrier’s network?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    About two months ago I bought an iPhone 8+ from eBay, I know I took a risk doing it but the guy I bought it from has a near perfect record. I purchased it as a guest and the website doesn't allow you to do so unless the seller has at least 50 ratings and 90-something % positive feedback rate so I don't think he was trying to scam me as he's sold quite a few phones. All was well until yesterday when I just stopped receiving service and I called both Apple support and T-Mobile, who told me that the phone was barred because it wasn't fully paid off. My SIM works in other phones and vice versa if that helps. I contacted the seller to try to return it and get my money back but if it's possible I'd like to keep the phone and fix the issue myself. How can I go about doing this? Screenshots

    submitted by /u/Davidx23
    [link] [comments]

    Lost iPhone, can't receive verification code

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 04:01 PM PDT

    My brother lost his iPhone and is unable to access his Apple ID to set up a new iPhone because it sends the verification codes to his lost iPhone. Is there a way to get the verification codes sent to his phone number (new SIM in an extra phone he has) rather than to his lost iPhone?

    submitted by /u/tetrapharmakos
    [link] [comments]

    iPod 4th generation won't charge or turn on

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    Just found my old iPod that I haven't used in a few years, however I've left it charging all day and it still won't turn on. Should I trash it or is it just problems with the battery?

    submitted by /u/possiblecomplexity
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air seems to be running slower?

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    Ive searched the internet and found nothing. Please help?

    I have a macbook air 120 GB that i bought back in 2016. Its great but since 3 days ago it seems like its slowed down some.

    Anytime i try to do any sort of task the little loading rainbow spinning thing shows up. It buffers for a second and then it continues on. It never used to do this before but only within the last 3 days it does it for almost every task i try and do.

    Also sometimes the battery percentage at the top right displays the wrong percentage. I would go to sleep and leave it plugged in and then in the morning the entire laptop buffers and says something like 7% battery when in reality its 100%. Only when I restart it does it show the actual 100% again.

    My storage is fine as its got 70GB of the 120GB still free. So that I dont think is the issue.

    Is it possible a battery saving mode turned on by default or something? If so I cannot find anything on the web about turning it off.

    Please help?!

    submitted by /u/surley_joe21
    [link] [comments]

    My macbook pro feet fell off

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 08:28 AM PDT

    Hey guys I have a macbook pro 15-inch mid 2010. Since about a month ago the feet started falling off, they are now all gone. I don't really care about the feet missing, it doesn't annoy me. However I'm very worried since on the bottom I can see the inside of the laptop. Since about 1 hour ago I think, I can also see trough the upper right one and I can see some electronics I think. This worries me because I think this may be harmfull to the laptop. Can some of you guys give me some help? I just wanna know if it's dangerous. Thanks

    submitted by /u/witteke45
    [link] [comments]

    2018 iPad Pro 12.9 Case that also protects pencil

    Posted: 05 Apr 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    As the title states, I'm looking for a case that protects both the iPad and the Pencil. So far this is the best option I've seen:

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MD747XZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AR3TMEW421ZI5&psc=1

    Can you guys recommend some other options?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/RogerSmithII
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel