• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 31, 2019

    Apple Macbook Very odd networking problem; cannot open anything but Google

    Apple Macbook Very odd networking problem; cannot open anything but Google


    Very odd networking problem; cannot open anything but Google

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 05:15 PM PDT

    I've got a peculiar networking issue on my MacBook that started recently.

    I cannot open any other page than Google search 99% of the time; every now and then it works fine, but only for a minute or so then everything stops loading. This problem occurs in Safari & Chrome.

    I have a Parallels install of Windows 10; I have zero problems using Microsoft Edge from Parallels. I'm writing this post from Edge on my MacBook now because Safari won't load reddit.

    I have no problems with email, notifications, etc... I can access my local network just fine.

    ANY ideas at all what may be happening?

    Oh, edit to add... This only happens on my ATT network at the office. I can connect to my iPhone hotspot or home network and I don't have these problems. I can't stay on my hotspot at the office though as I need to be on the local network to access resources there.

    submitted by /u/brantmacga
    [link] [comments]

    Is the external drive just a normal necessity now?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 04:22 PM PDT

    I've got a 2009 MacBook Pro 15in with at 500gb hardDrive.

    This laptop is on its last legs due to its age so i'm upgrading to something else in the macbook family.

    It seems that everything available out there comes with pretty small drives, like 128 or 256. I've rarely seen a 500. I'm assuming that most of you guys who've upgraded in the past have moved to a smaller drive machine.

    How do you deal with that? Where do you put all that extra data you had on the original laptop? does everyone just use an external drive nowadays? And if so, what are the good candidates for storage over there? Itunes? Photos? Documents folder? I'm afraid that i configure it wrongly, by new laptop will be useless unless i'm constantly carrying my external drive around.

    submitted by /u/EatDiveFly
    [link] [comments]

    Is it a good idea to buy a Used 15.4" 2015 MacBook in 2019?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 10:29 AM PDT

    I'm thinking to buying a uswd 2015 15.4" MacBook in 2019. I've found one that's around $1075 that has an i7, 16gb ram and 2gb Radeon with the box and charger. Is it worth buying it in 2019?

    submitted by /u/Kwortzz
    [link] [comments]

    What’s happening to my screen? Can I fix this? It happens when battery is close to low

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 07:52 PM PDT

    How can I increase my SSD in macbook air 2018 model?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 11:16 PM PDT

    I have got a Macbook Air 13 inch (128 gb)..Want to know if there is way to increase the storage?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/isunil16
    [link] [comments]

    Is macbook 12 still worth it?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 09:24 PM PDT

    Custom Right Click Method

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 08:09 PM PDT

    Is there a way to customize the right click method? I'm on a late 2016 Macbook Pro with the lastest Mojave version and am coming from a Surface Book 2.

    I originally set my macbook pro to right click with the bottom righthand corner. But it is VERY specific on being on the lower corner as opposed to the lower third my surface book accepted, so its been a bit annoying to use. I tried two finders thinking it would accept a pointer finger and my thumb as the second finger, but it only accepts index and middle.

    Does anyone know of any software to customize the right click method? I'd be happy if there was even a way to set two finger and bottom right corner as simultaneous right click methods, while I get used to the two finger thing (which is what I'm attempting to use now).

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/aCommonHorus
    [link] [comments]

    Removing Leawo Audio Device

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    Hi everyone

    Anybody has idea how to remove Leawo Audio Device from MAC Mojave? So annoying, i tried everything I could, cannot find Leawo files nowhere to delete, neither at Library/Audio/Plug-Ins

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/trusttheplan4
    [link] [comments]

    2014 13" MB Pro's hinges hinges have gotten loose. Any 'ghetto' solutions that don't involved me taking apart, or taking to repair shop?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 06:18 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 15 Retina slightly swollen battery?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:08 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 15 Retina slightly swollen battery?

    Have a MacBook Pro Retina mid-2014 w/ GT 750M (Macbook 11,3)

    I usually open the laptop once every few months to clean and dust etc. in the heatsink. Is it just me or is my battery starting to swell?

    Here's a 1min clip of what I'm talking about:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v4nPB9xTZ-6M87JWDb3UNXWHCKisz36h

    Of the 5 battery cells, cells 2-4 from left are showing signs of swelling. 2 being very mild and 3-4 showing some signs.

    I used Coconut battery to pull the stats on my battery:

    https://i.redd.it/4zjxhfdurip21.png

    I had purchased AppleCare+ when I bought the laptop back in 2015 but it's now out of warranty. I haven't voided anything on the laptop, any chance Apple would replace the battery, if it's an actual issue? Or will I be paying them out of warranty fees?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kayrish
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro overheating when connected to external monitor

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 11:24 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2017 without Touch Bar and when I connect it to an external monitor (2560 X 1080), it heats up pretty quickly and when I disconnect it from the monitor it cools back down. I was just browsing the internet with a couple of safari tabs opened. Any ideas what the issues might be? I never had this issue with my 2015 MacBook Air connecting to the same monitor.

    submitted by /u/dodobirdie98
    [link] [comments]

    Secondhand 2015 model vs brand new MacBook from Apple store

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    So, my oldish laptop has died a painful after a sluggish few years and I'm looking to purchase a MacBook, I love the aesthetics and currently use an iPhone so I want to benefit from having devices that work well together. After seeing my sisters 2017 15" MacBook Pro and how well it performs I have been enticed in. I've been lurking this sub to up my knowledge prior to purchase, but I'm still not sure what route to take.

    I'm a basic user, my main uses will be web browsing, Netflix, using spreadsheets and maybe some gaming however I usually play on console so it would on be on the rare occasion that something is a PC exclusive and on Mac OS. Gaming is not a priority if I am honest. I do not need a MacBook for work and I have no requirements for coding/photo editing ect. that I see many MBP users require. My main focus is having a machine with good longevity,

    I would really like to keep the costs down, £1000 would be an ideal price point but I can stretch a little, for instance the basic "13 MBP 8gb ram dual core with 128gb SSD will be £1,124.40 through the Apple educational store which I have access to. Would this be sufficient for my needs? I see many people say the dual cores are inadequate but I guess this is for more high end users?

    Would a MacBook Air be sufficient for my needs? Would I notice the difference in a Retina display and the benefit of the better processor in the "13 MBP?

    Alternatively, I could also buy a secondhand 2015 MacBook from a retailer at significant discount - "13 MBP Would this have the longevity of a newer model?.

    My only worry there would be not buying from Apple, which also leads to my final query - if it were available is Apple Care+ a must buy? Im guessing this covers things beyond the usual manufacturer faults. Would the butterfly keyboard issues be cover by Apple warranty if I did not get Apple care?

    This has become a much longer post than I anticipated, all advise is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/frostyfingaz
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 with i5 Turbo, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, will this laptop be sufficient for everyday working? Also comes with a 3 Year warranty

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 10:40 AM PDT

    MacBooks Depreciation

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    With the current Macbook Pro keyboard issues, I think whatever new MacBook without these butterfly keyboards will deprecate the 2016+ MacBooks prices down real hard.

    submitted by /u/ianosphere2
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 12”inch or New Macbook Air 13”inch 2018?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 04:36 AM PDT

    Which should I get? The new MBA 2018 or the 12' inch Macbook?

    I'm configuring the specs of my chosen Macbook.

    Macbook 12"inch : - 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz - 16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory - 512GB SSD storage with Intel HD Graphics 615

    New Macbook Air (MBA) 13' inch 2018 - 1.6GHz dual‑core eighth‑generation Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz - 16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory - 512GB of SSD storage with Intel UHD Graphics 617

    My situation: I'm a nursing student using/opening multiple word documents, multiple PDF files, multiple Slideshow; also having many tabs openingon Safari; and listening to music all at the same time. I also casually play small indie games on my old laptop (Lenovo, 4GB ram, 128 HDD storage, from 2014) such as AER or Stardew Valley (well, they're small to me).

    This will be my biggest upgrade since 2014, and I've been using my old laptop since high school. And now I'm studying at college, carrying heavy medical books, I want a portable and lightweight laptop. So could any of you guys give me an idea on which should I go for?

    Thanks in advance, and please no hate! Also, English isn't my first language, so apologies for any errors in my paragraphs!

    submitted by /u/marieeejaneee
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a used Macbook - what should I check?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 01:58 AM PDT

    I will most likely buy my first Mac today, but I am wondering how buying a Mac is different from buying a Windows PC/laptop.

    I know how to check these:

    -Keyboard

    -Battery

    -Serial number (not sure what I should do with this information because the laptop is 2 years old)

    -Firmware password (press option-key during reboot)

    According to the seller he has reset the Mac, but as far as I know, that is not always enough.

    How do I check that the Mac is no longer authorized on the previous owners iTunes/iCloud? Does he have to log in to iTunes/iCloud apps again so I can check this or can we check this on the browser somehow?

    Should I reset the PRAM & NVRAM when I reinstall the OS X? Before or after and what does it help?

    Anything else that I should disable? Find my iPhone or something similar that could lock the machine?

    Is there something software related that definitely needs to be done now with the previous owner present? How does it affect if I buy a Mac and the previous owner has it in his/her iCloud/iTunes?

    submitted by /u/Soaring99
    [link] [comments]

    Just a question

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 05:13 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I bought a MacBook late 2017 model last year and I was wandering what do you guys use your MacBooks for? Do you use it for productivity? or do you just use it as an everyday machine?

    submitted by /u/DietLanaDelRey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel