• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 26, 2019

    macOS Cannot upload photos to icloud!

    macOS Cannot upload photos to icloud!


    Cannot upload photos to icloud!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:54 PM PST

    I purchased 200GB of storage on iCloud 3 days back. I turned on icloud photos and hoped that the photos would upload to icloud but i couldn't upload more than 1 photo. Its been stuck on the same number for the last three days. I tried turning off and turning on icloud photos but no use. I tried signing out and signing back in to my apple ID! but it didnt work. I need to fix this asap! Please help. I have attached a picture on the stuck progress bar.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/1343Starscream
    [link] [comments]

    Fresh Mojave Install

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:21 PM PST

    My MacBook has been acting really weird lately, is an old MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) I'm on the latest update but I want delete everything and start fresh.

    What's the best way to backup my data? I don't mind download again the apps but I want to save everything, should I use Time machine?

    I have never done this and I know it's not like Windows where you have the OS on a bootable device, you format everything and install the OS.

    Any advice on how to do it

    submitted by /u/Bllq21
    [link] [comments]

    Horrible iGPU performance after a couple days of uptime

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:18 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/ansqJpI

    Anybody else have this problem? I think it's been like this with every version of Mojave. Currently on latest version. Doing anything on the iGPU is super choppy. For instance, opening the launchpad is displayed at like 20 fps. I've fresh installed Mojave multiple times and still hasn't fixed the problem. And I noticed that the dGPU memory is maxed out when the iGPU is slow. I included a picture of the Geekbench score of the iGPU before and after a restart as well as a picture of the dGPU memory before and after a restart. This is with an uptime of 3 days.

    submitted by /u/test13371997
    [link] [comments]

    Re-map folder home location to dropbox folder

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:44 PM PST

    Hi all..

    Trying to map a folder, like "Pictures" to a folder in Dropbox folder called the same - "Pictures"

    In Windows I know how to do this daily easily.

    Any way to do this in Mac?

    Not an alias, because those won't save to DropBox correctly. It needs to be a real folder redirection and store in Dropbox folder.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ItsDatNYCDude
    [link] [comments]

    Very long boot time pause with external APFS formatted SSDs seems to be fixed in Mojave 10.14.3

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:39 PM PST

    A nice surprise with the latest MacOS update. Systems with external SSDs are booting nice and fast without the minute to two-minute long delay of a black screen before the Apple logo appears. This is an issue that many people with external boot SSDs (think older Mac minis and imacs) had been dealing with for some time. It seemed to be an issue with APFS formatted SSDs, which is why many people started to encounter this when they upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave (HFS+ drives get converted to APFS during the upgrade).

    I've tested this repeatedly and there is a slight delay, but it's really just a couple seconds. Previously, on my 2014 mini, the black screen would sit there for upwards of two full minutes before finally kicking in. It felt like some process or check of attached disks was just stalling or something. I only noticed this improvement since installing 10.14.3 the other day.

    I reported this issue months ago and Apple engineers followed up with me and I sent along some data. Looks like they've identified and fixed the problem!

    submitted by /u/nerpTV
    [link] [comments]

    Does keychain sync safari passwords after mojave clean install?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:09 AM PST

    I've just clean installed Mojave and it looks safari passwords stored in keychain are empty but I swear I had a few websites stored there.

    Has this happened to anyone?

    submitted by /u/Kraizelburg
    [link] [comments]

    Smart folder sync (cloud)?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:50 AM PST

    I'm a teacher at right now I'm trying to re-organize my files for school. I tried Devonthink and other tools, but I want to continue to work right on the file system level. I use "Leap" to tag files on the file level. I use a private Nextcloud instance to sync my file between my Mac Desktop, my MacBook and my iPhone. I would like to use smart folders as well, to find certain filetypes more quickly. However, they don't appear to sync.

    When I create a smart folder on my MacBook, I see the same folder on my Desktop but with the ".savedsearch" suffix. The smart folder doesn't show any search results on my Desktop. Is this due to the different file paths? Or can I somehow make this work, even with the Nextcloud sync?

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Hiko0
    [link] [comments]

    Should I install MacOS Mojave?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:51 PM PST

    Hi,

    Should I upgrade my 2017 27" 512gb SSD iMac to Mojave? I'm currently on High Sierra and I have no issues at all. I read some people have performance problem and their system feels slow after upgrading? Should I upgrade or wait?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/throwdeepaway
    [link] [comments]

    I think i've hit a bug/glitch in MacOS 10.14.2

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:44 AM PST

    Hello,

    I think i've hit a snag in the networking controller of MacOS 10.14.2 in combination with a Macbook 2017 15 inch.

    So there seems to be an issue with my Ethernet adapter speeds.

    In these tests i have used 2 Ethernet adapters:

    - Belkin USB-C Gigabit Ethernet adapter

    - Hyper Drive 8 in 1 which also has Gigabit Ethernet

    The issue seems to occur when the Macbook Pro is coming out of sleep or the machine has been idle for to long. When the machines comes out of sleep/idle the speed at which it can talk outside it's ethernet is dramatically reduced.

    The issue is only resolved after a reboot of the Macbook Pro.

    Internal network testing:

    I only have a small internet network consisting of a GigabitEthernet switch and a Time Machine to the ISP Modem.

    I have a file on the Time machine, which i drag onto the local machine and view (via iStat/Activity Monitor) to see how fast the speeds are. Keep into account that the disk on the Time machine is not flash storage.

    Windows Desktop -> Internal File test @ 235Mbps - 250Mbps

    Macbook Pro -> Internal File test @ 131 Mbps

    After i reboot the Macbook pro:

    Windows Desktop -> Internal File test @ 235Mbps - 250 Mbps

    Macbook Pro -> Internal File test @ 435 Mbps

    So it dramatically shoots up the performance after a reboot of the Macbook Pro

    Internet test: (Done with speedtest.net) and always to the same server.

    Windows Desktop -> Internet test @ 195 Mbps

    Macbook Pro -> Internet @ 20 Mbps - 90 Mbps // This range varies a lot, that's pretty weird.

    After the reboot of the Macbook pro again it will hit 195 Mbps.

    This was tested with Wifi Disabled, 2 Ethernet dongles and always the same physical infrastructure as the Windows machine.

    Steps that were already taken:

    - Service Order in networking is set to the Ethernet first and then the WIFI

    - 2 physical dongles tested

    - Reinstall of MacOS

    - SMC reset

    - External screen via USB-C detached (At one point i thought that the USB-C connection of the screen could have been the culprit but no)

    Because the issue seems to dissapear after a reboot, i have a reasonable guess that the issue is software related. Or it could be somewhere with a bandwidth controller inside the Macbook Pro, but i would doubt that.

    Is anyone having these issues or can test this with their Macbook Pro 2017 15

    submitted by /u/Lycanthropical
    [link] [comments]

    Help extracting .EXE from a .RAR

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 11:33 AM PST

    Hello. So, I recently downloaded a .RAR that I know for a fact contains a .EXE in it, however whenever I try to unrar it with different apps (I've used The Unrarchiver as well as UnRarX which I updated with the most recent Winrar code), it never extracts the .exe. Just a .bin, .cue, and a text file. Any help?

    submitted by /u/OurWarPaint
    [link] [comments]

    Optimal format for external hard drive?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:12 PM PST

    Hey,

    I got a Samsung T5 SSD 500GB and it came with the ExFAT format. I'm thinking I should use APFS but I'm confused with what partition map I should pick. GUID? What is the optimal format and partition map?

    submitted by /u/flamezdean
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave Sticky keys not working on my on-screen keyboard?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:00 AM PST

    Before Mojave, Sticky keys was working on my on-screen keyboard (keyboard viewer), now they work on the hardware keyboard but not when I click the on-screen keyboard (keyboard viewer)? Is it the same for you?

    submitted by /u/vebaev
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra or Mojave coming from El Capitan

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:46 AM PST

    I have a 2014 Late MacBook Pro Retina 13" Basic config and I soon need to upgrade it because I plan switching the internal 128GB SSD for a 500 EVO 970 one (incl. Sintech Adapter) and El Capitan is not compatible with the new SSD

    Which OS runs faster and more stable? Considering the old hardware?

    submitted by /u/fatihlicious
    [link] [comments]

    Disable HFP profile for bluetooth headset

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:43 AM PST

    Hello,

    I am a mac newbie and need an advise.

    I have a bluetooth headset and struggling with HFP profile, about 70% of the time when I connect my bluetooth headset Apple activates microphone on the headset and uses HFP profile with awful sound quality, I can switch microphone back to the internal, but next time I connect the headset it is selected back again.

    I downloaded Bluetooth Explorer and set the checkbox for "Disable Handsfree profile", it doesn't affect the system, still the same behaviour. found few examples with changing 'com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent', they did not work either.

    From my linux past that was a simple pulseaudio configuration, is there any way to do that in MacOS?

    submitted by /u/ksim_lepro
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or Mojave?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:37 AM PST

    I have a 13-inch MB Pro 2016. I'm interested in Mojave because of its dark mode, but I'm not quite sure if that benefit is worth installing an OS at its early stages. Are there stability issues with either OS?

    submitted by /u/Juicy_Wurst
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel