• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 26, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 25]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 25]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [January 25]

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:15 AM PST

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple might start making its own batteries for iPhones and Macs

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:21 AM PST

    iOS 12.2 beta includes references to four new iPad models, new iPod Touch model

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 04:19 PM PST

    Safari Autofill coming to Touch ID in macOS Mojave 10.14.4

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:56 PM PST

    Apple, your SSD prices are ludicrous

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:52 AM PST

    Let's assume I want a nice iMac for some Office/Photoshop. For 1500$ I get a 4k display, a quad-core, 8GB of RAM and a 1TB fusion drive. Seems fine, except for the Harddrive. Let's get an SSD instead.

    Considering the street price for an 1TB SSD and adding the "apple tax" and I would assume an uppay of 250-300$ But what do I see in the configuratior?

    700$ !!!!

    Are you kidding me? Selling 1500$ machines with HDDs in them is a crime in itself. And the price for an upgrade is nonsensical as well! The only advantage of HDDs is the price, but that is negligible at this price point. Apple, please fix!

    submitted by /u/Hunter1155
    [link] [comments]

    Allowing video players to use their own custom controls instead of iOS‘ default one is the worst thing iOS 12 brought to the iPad.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:24 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/NPhr8FZ.jpg

    Most of the time they don't align above the home bar, and God forbid that I should try to swipe back to my home screen without changing the video progress. I have to tap the picture-in-picture button now instead of just going home and automatically opening the small video.

    submitted by /u/DMacB42
    [link] [comments]

    You pay Google with data, Apple with cash

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:54 AM PST

    Apple Maps updated in Southern California to support new, more detailed map data

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:03 PM PST

    As described in this link about NorCal, Apple Maps has now updated SoCal to reflect the new map data they've been gathering over the past 4 years. This comes after Hawaii was updated in October. They plan to have the rest of the United States up by the end of this year.

    submitted by /u/SciGuy013
    [link] [comments]

    Los Angeles Metro Transit System Plans to Support Apple Pay This Fall

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:25 AM PST

    New Apple Xeon Geekbench Scores, upcoming Mac Pro?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:27 PM PST

    Apple Registers Six New iPad Models in Eurasian Database - MacRumors

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:55 AM PST

    Apple Maps in Norway now supports public transportation/transit.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:53 PM PST

    I don't have the picture of the notification I got since I clicked on it... Really cool though!

    submitted by /u/EvenAH27
    [link] [comments]

    10 year challenge for apps in the App Store

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:47 AM PST

    Why aren't the 8th generation Intel CPUs in iMacs yet?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:17 PM PST

    According to the official Apple product page, the iMac still uses the 7th generation.

    It's been difficult to recommend Mac to my friend, who asked me to do some research for him before he buys his first desktop (he really likes Apple). Are any new iMacs coming out anytime soon with 8th or 9th generation Intel CPUs?

    submitted by /u/NateNate60
    [link] [comments]

    Hints of Magazine Subscription Service Spotted in Apple News in iOS 12.2 Beta

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:51 PM PST

    Facebook to integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:55 AM PST

    Apple Replaces Earphones

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:19 AM PST

    If you guys didn't know, apple with actually replace tour earphones if they break, even if you've had them for a long time. Your phone just must be in warranty and you have to give them its serial number and then they will hold $32.46 from your account till you get the new earphones and send the old ones back. Then they refund the $32.46. They do this for theft protection in case you don't send back the old earphones.

    submitted by /u/MeiHasAThiccAss
    [link] [comments]

    Did Apple finally update Maps to the rest of California?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:03 PM PST

    A couple of hours ago I was using Maps to navigate to some place and on my way back I noticed that it had been updated. There are arrows shown at every turn on the navigation screen and I see a lot more info displayed on the maps. Did they finally bring updated maps without telling everyone?

    submitted by /u/Sir_Lord_Duvede
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no commercially available USB-C chargers or hubs with more than two ports?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 11:49 AM PST

    Obviously it's possible since MacBooks can power four USB-C devices simultaneously. I'd honestly be more excited about a 1:4 usb-c charging station than I am for AirPower, as more and more devices start adopting it. I'd understand if only one of the ports supported USB-C PD as the wattage could get crazy otherwise.

    submitted by /u/UnicornOnTheCobb
    [link] [comments]

    Pixeled, a simple arcade game, is now free!

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:32 AM PST

    Hey Reddit!

    I've been making another iOS exclusive game in my free time after school.

    This game, although it does slightly resemble flappy bird, was created from scratch and I believe it is more simple and straightforward than flappy bird. To rise, hold the main button, and simply let go to fall.

    Pixeled features haptics - which turn on when pressing buttons, 3D touch, a share button - which was requested by a lot of you, more stats, local notifications, sounds, and a mute option.

    I'd be glad if you would check it out and give me some honest feedback. I appreciate all the comments, whether critical or positive!

    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pixeled/id1449411598?mt=8

    submitted by /u/alreadyTakenMyFoot
    [link] [comments]

    Beats X not turning on

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:44 AM PST

    Earlier I was using my beats x like normal and they made then noise that says they need to be charged so I plugged them in. When I went to use them after, they wouldn't turn on so I tried to charge them again and I noticed that the light was flashing red and white while plugged in. I tried resetting them by holding power and vol down but they still won't turn on. They are also on the newest firmware. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Grrundee
    [link] [comments]

    My experience with the Mophie Powerstation USB-C 3XL Battery

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:59 PM PST

    I couldn't find any useful reviews on the Mophie Powerstation USB-C 3XL battery prior to purchasing one myself, so I thought I'd give /r/Apple a bit of quick feedback in case someone finds themselves in the market for a portable battery pack that's capable of charging a MacBook Pro.

    So, here's my unscientific (though telling!) method for testing the battery pack. I allowed my 15" 2016 TouchBar MacBook Pro's battery to run down to 0%, fully charged the Mophie Powerstation USB-C 3XL battery, went to a busy coffee shop with no easily accessible power outlets, and placed myself at the mercy of the Mophie. I connected the Mophie to my MacBook Pro via the included USB-C cable, and I'd say it took about two or three minutes before my MacBook Pro would power on. Perfectly normal. As you'd expect, I saw only a black screen with the battery icon, beneath which is the little charging indicator, well, indicating that the laptop is being charged. Then I started the stop watch on my iPhone to see how long it would take for the Mophie to gas itself out from full charge to 0% and how much stored charge that would gain my MacBook pro *during usage in direct sunlight* (59%).

    My estimate may be all kinds of busted, but, if the 15" 2016 TouchBar MacBook Pro's battery is capable of 10 hours of usage, and the Mophie gained it an additional 60% (possibly equivalent to 6 hours of usage), plus the 1 hour 49 minutes of time I spent using the laptop while connected to the battery, that's nearly a full 8 hours of power gained by using the Mophie. Add to this the 10-hour full charge usage of MacBook Pro, and you're up to about 17-18 hours of usage without plugging into an outlet.

    I hope this helps someone. At the time of my writing this, there are absolutely no useful reviews on this product--a $200 USD battery pack.

    I've typed this quickly and will likely edit any typos I discover later.

    submitted by /u/IanAbsentia
    [link] [comments]

    Just got an iPhone SE. Super tiny for my big hands, but digging the added privacy. Any cool or useful apps I should check out (or even games that aren't impacted by a tiny screen)?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:34 AM PST

    I actually used to own an iPhone 5 (good lord, it feels like a lifetime again), and while I'm excited that the iPhone SE was cheap, it's definitely going to take some getting used to the small screen. Then again, over the past year or two, my phone has really only been used for a few functions; calling, texting, and occasionally looking up game-related stuff while in bed.

    Still, I figure I'd check in and keep an open mind. It's been so long since I've owned an Apple product, I have no idea what sorts of cool or useful apps have come and gone. Either apps to stay better organized, anything that might help out in some what when traveling (which I'm hoping to do this year), or any number of things I might not even consider.

    Also, I haven't played a "mobile game" in a loooong time. But hey, if there are any that aren't terribly affected by the small screen-size, I'm open to suggestions!

    submitted by /u/Jcorb
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel