• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 26, 2019

    Apple TV Screen turned pink after tvOS 12.1.2 update

    Apple TV Screen turned pink after tvOS 12.1.2 update


    Screen turned pink after tvOS 12.1.2 update

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:28 AM PST

    One reboot didn't fix. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/CTMacUser
    [link] [comments]

    What the Viacom buyout of Pluto TV means for Apple TV users

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:08 AM PST

    MoviesAnywhere HD version preventing 4K

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:38 PM PST

    I have a really annoying problem and was hoping someone out there may have some ideas.

    I've actually talked to Apple about this and even escalated it but they weren't any help.

    Basically, I had an HD version of Pacific Rim on Ultraviolet. Synced to MoviesAnywhere. Synced to iTunes. And now it feels basically impossible for me to watch the 4K version.

    • You can't really remove titles from your iTunes library you can only hide them.
    • I don't have the option to even rent in 4K.
    • Disconnecting my iTunes account from MA doesn't remove the MA titles, so that's out.
    • They suggested that purchasing as a gift and then trying to redeem it wouldn't work.
    • I've tried purchasing the 4K version on other services but they all have the same problem.

    Just hoping by some miracle someone out there has run into this and could help. If not, thanks for reading. :)

    submitted by /u/reneruiz
    [link] [comments]

    4K - White flashes on Bravia TV

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 03:20 AM PST

    Hello,

    I'm currently trying to sort out a problem with my Apple TV 4K and my Sony Bravia TV (late 2016 model).

    I've had this problem for a while where on the odd occasion, I get a white flash on the screen. Posts online suggest changing the HDMI cable (which I've done); changing the port (also done); and also disabling HDR. I don't particularly want to disable it, but it's quite annoying.

    Has anybody who had this problem managed to sort this out?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/Furry_Badgers
    [link] [comments]

    BT Sport App with Apple TV

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:23 AM PST

    If I buy an Apple TV box would it allow me to cast (AirPlay) my BT sport app direct to my Samsung smart tv so I can watch UFC?

    submitted by /u/m0j0_m0j0
    [link] [comments]

    Can you disable autoplay on TV shows?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:46 PM PST

    So I just got a new Apple TV and I read that there's an autoplay feature and I wanted to pre-emptively turn it off and was wondering how.

    submitted by /u/poweranimals
    [link] [comments]

    Alien in 4K?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 06:13 AM PST

    Anyone else seeing this?

    In the "Under $10 in 4K HDR: Visual Stunners" sale group, there's Alien (1979) listed.

    AWESOME!

    Except, every time I click on it, regardless of device, it's listed as HD.

    BUMMER!

    Now, I do already own it in HD, so maybe my upgrade is still processing or whatever.

    I'm really just trying to find out if it's listed as 4K for any of you out there, just to be sure.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/wpmason
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Atmos on Infuse

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:29 AM PST

    Guys do you think Apple will ever make it possible for Apps like Infuse to support Dolby Atmos on Apple Tv? Been waiting for soo long and now I'm considering giving Nvidia shield a shot!... It's such a shame Apple is doing this

    submitted by /u/Trussardi2
    [link] [comments]

    Volume on ATV

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 08:44 AM PST

    I bought an apple tv recently. How do i control the volume with the atv remote? The + - buttons don't do anything on my remote

    submitted by /u/tzoidberg
    [link] [comments]

    ATV remote alternative?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:01 PM PST

    Can anyone help recommend an alternative to the ATV remote? I don't mind it, but my wife would like something a little more familiar. We primarily stream YTTV and would like to be able to FF or RW from the remote buttons. I'm not sure if that's an option with a 3rd party remote, but wanted to see what others are using here.

    submitted by /u/Zer0dBs
    [link] [comments]

    Need some help reconnecting my Remote app to the Apple TV

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:25 PM PST

    Hey, hoping someone can help with a strange problem I encountered with the Apple TV. I think I accidentally turned off home sharing in Apple TV and now it won't recognize the remote app I've been using on my phone. It's telling me that I need to enter a code in Apple TV to be able to reconnect the app, but since the remote is disconnected, there is no way for me to navigate into settings to reconnect the remote. Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/iflipcars
    [link] [comments]

    Vudu app on ATV (especially for TV shows) lags in features compared to the same app on other platforms

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:14 AM PST

    I just completed the final step to cutting the cord - am now internet-only, and have my AppleTV 4K as my primary device (got it from DTVN as part of their promotion). I had been a TiVo user for decades, and had apps - including Vudu - on my most recent TiVo. I have a large collection of titles that are not MoviesAnywhere and will only play on Vudu, including a number of TV shows - so I will be using Vudu as a content source for quite some time.

    It has become painfully obvious how problematic the ATV version of the Vudu app is, especially for episodic content like TV (where you want to keep up with your progress). On all other versions of the app, the next episode auto-plays like you would expect. And if you stop and exit the app, the Watchlist has that new episode auto-added so you can jump right back in where you left off - no searching required.

    However, none of that works in the AppleTV version: you can search for a show and start watching an episode. But once you finish watching that episode it will not auto-play the next one. And the app will not add a Watchlist entry for subsequent episodes - in fact, if you have Watchlist entries for the show created by other versions of the Vudu app, those will disappear.

    In short, if you try to watch TV shows using the Vudu app on an ATV, you must navigate to the show, then to the season, then to the last episode watched, then start the following episode - and do this every time you want to pick back up. So far, ATV is the only version of the app that does this (that I've found).

    I had an old Roku stick lying around, so I plugged it in - and the Roku version works as expected (auto-plays next, saves to Watchlist). So I'm going to end up running two streaming devices just because of how bad the AppleTV version of this app is.

    I'll still use the ATV version of the app for movies, as my Roku is older and doesn't support some newer features (like 4K, Atmos, etc.). But it's annoying that I need to run two devices just to get to my content in a reasonable manner.

    submitted by /u/GMahler_vrroom
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Jailbreak

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:25 PM PST

    I'm not sure if that word is forbidden here, but is there anything cool you can do with an Apple TV 4K? I just bought one and was thinking about returning it for a Nvidia Shield.

    submitted by /u/Alfredo90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel