• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 26, 2019

    Apple Macbook To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

    Apple Macbook To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?


    To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:59 PM PST

    Hi all! I have owned my late 2011 MBP for almost 8 years now and still runs like a tank! Currently have 500GB SSD and 16GB RAM, works like a charm. Although it might not have the same speed as the newer ones, but so far I'm content with it. I am only a light user. The parts are easy to replace and find in the market. Anyone here who owns the 2018 MBP? I'd like to hear your experiences with it. I've learned that the newer models have soldered parts inside that they'll be difficult to replace. Do you think it's time for an upgrade or wait a few years time? What are your takeaways from the newer models and thoughts on Mojave? I would appreciate your responses. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/theboychild
    [link] [comments]

    Where to get a 2007 MacBook battery

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 09:23 PM PST

    I have a white mid 2007 MacBook. I need a new battery. I've gone through several trash aftermarket batteries and bought a few used OEM batteries, but they all suck. I know it's an old laptop but what are my options? Anyone know where I can get something reliable?

    submitted by /u/Joedav23
    [link] [comments]

    RETRO=RICKY PLAYS RETRO ATARI 7800 AND ATARI 130XE IN 2019 012619

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 07:53 PM PST

    Best place to buy new battery for 2010 MacBook?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:14 PM PST

    Hey! I have a MacBook7,1 with battery life of about 5 minutes. Searching on eBay/Amazon/Google, numerous options are available for a wide range of prices. How would I pick the best and most reliable third party battery? What are some known-good manufacturers?

    Thanks in advance.

    Edit: I'm in Canada, so iFixit isn't an option and shipping from NewerTech/OWC ends up at close to $70. Any ideas for local options?

    submitted by /u/ASentientBot
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked number on iPhone. Messages still coming through on Macbook.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:49 PM PST

    I installed a new HardDrive on my Macbook. Now I'm receiving texts again from blocked numbers on my iPhone. The iPhone does not receive the messages. The messages only appear on the Messages app on my Macbook.

    Can't find a solution online. Anyone else experienced this and come up with a fix?

    submitted by /u/TeddiRoze
    [link] [comments]

    Where should I look to purchase a 2015 MacBook?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:18 PM PST

    I am the definition of a light user and only need something to do some browsing or organize and do some light editing of our family photos. I have heard great things on the 2015 model and wanted to get one and join the MacBook family.

    submitted by /u/joestackum
    [link] [comments]

    Retina MBA vs non-retina MBA

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 04:50 PM PST

    Currently looking to purchase a MBA. I would use it mostly for low power tasks like streaming videos, word processor, power point and very minor photo editing occasionally

    Looking for something that will last me 3-4 years. I'm curious if there's any significant benefit to purchasing the newer model of the MBA over the older 13 inch one that apple is selling for $899, which seems like a good price. Advice?

    submitted by /u/coconutoilmiracle
    [link] [comments]

    Media audio doesn't work but system sounds do.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:37 AM PST

    Hi, media audio won't play from my Macbook, specifically media audio, and it was working just fine until last night. I opened video and audio files and tested it with different applications but nothing plays, even after a restart. No audio from both the speakers or headphones. The system sounds work fine though like when I empty the trash. I checked a couple of sites and only give solutions to fix general audio but none work. Macbook pro retina late 2013, MacOS Mojave 10.14.2

    submitted by /u/B-man25
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone still using El Capitan in 2019?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:30 AM PST

    Since I'm still using a mid-2009 Macbook Pro and don't have the money to buy a new one, I was wondering if there were still people around with Macs running El Capitan.

    submitted by /u/roo_dee_
    [link] [comments]

    My 2015 MacBook Pro WONT charge my iPhone 7

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:54 AM PST

    Just got a new MacBook Pro 2015. The USB ports will work for thumbdrives, and charge my PS4 controller but it won't charge my iphone 7. I contacted apple support. I erased settings off my iPhone, reset the SMC, and a nonvolatile memory reset. And IT STILL WONT CHARGE MY IPHONE 7. Any ideas?!

    submitted by /u/Shayan_Alamgir
    [link] [comments]

    hello, any Anti-theft cable / solution available for macbook currently sold?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 07:10 AM PST

    Hi , I've to buy a new macbook for my wife, air or pro i'm still undecided.

    I need to know if there is any anti theft cable or solution available for the macbook currently sold on appstore.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/mbisi
    [link] [comments]

    Looking into buying a MacBook- suggestions on where?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:24 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    I've been using a surface pro 3 for four years, and I need a change. I've always wanted a Mac but when I went to look at pricing it was never obtainable. I use my laptop for work constantly, and my tablet is starting to take its walk to the death haha

    Ideally I'd like to get a MacBook from somewhere where I can do monthly payments instead of paying for it all at once.

    I'm not sure where to even start looking, but if anyone has any suggestions on the subject please let me know! It would be greatly appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/stotchpie
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to turn on MacBook Air without pressing the power button?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:50 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel