• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 26, 2019

    Apple Help Mac for gaming

    Apple Help Mac for gaming


    Mac for gaming

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 08:59 PM PST

    So I want a Mac. And I'd like to be able to game a bit on it (yeah yeah I know these aren't "gaming computers" but I don't wanna hear that lol). I'm not expecting to play Triple AAA titles on Mac settings. I just wanna be able to play lighter games like league of legends, Civ, etc.

    SO, what would y'all recommend getting? From my research, it seems a MacBook Pro would be able to meet these needs. I've never owned a Mac, so I'm not sure how they truly handle things like this. Any recommendations, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciate

    Edit: I'm not wanting this as a gaming priority laptop. I prefer macs over pc, and just want a Mac that could handle lighter games like the ones I mentioned

    submitted by /u/BrockyBalboa5225
    [link] [comments]

    mac-friendly UPS? Looking for recommendations

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 09:25 AM PST

    I have a Mac Mini as an HTPC/Plex server. My old UPS died a few months ago and I'm looking for recommendations on a new one. It doesn't have to last a super long time, but I'd like it to be able to tell the Mac to shut down before it runs out. USB or Ethernet. My mac mini is currently running High Sierra but I'll probably update it to Mojave in the near future.

    I've seen a few larger ones with USB connectivity, but they seem a bit overkill. Just looking for some experiences and feedback. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/deekster_caddy
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook connects to WiFi but no internet, other devices work normally.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 03:14 PM PST

    My MacBook connects to my mothers WiFi router, but no internet is received by the MacBook. Several iPhones, iPads, and even macs in the house have no issue connecting or using the internet besides this one device, and this is the only WiFi signal that has ever given me this type of trouble on the MacBook.

    I've tried everything I can think of in order to make it work, including restarting the router and the computer as well as messing with the advanced network settings following some suggestions I found online to no avail. I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions, kind of at a loss at this point. I've worked around the issue when I'm at my moms for about a year at this point and would really like a solution.

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/hmg9194
    [link] [comments]

    Bedtime Sounds

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 09:18 PM PST

    I'm a fairly deep sleeper, and the given sounds for the Bedtime feature do not wake me up. Is there any way to use a song rather than the base noises (orbit, early riser, etc)?

    submitted by /u/Godzbrilla
    [link] [comments]

    Google Calendar to iPhone Calendar

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:24 PM PST

    My Gmail accounts is subscribed to someone else's calendar on Google Calendar. I want to add this calendar to my iPhone calendar. It doesn't show up when I added my gmail account to my iPhone and synced the calendars. I have also tried pasting the Google Calendar URL into the "Add Subscribed Calendar" but it doesn't work. What should I paste in order to the subscribed calendar server?

    submitted by /u/fectic
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV (4th Gen) won’t power on

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 09:00 PM PST

    Over 2yrs old. It turned off out of nowhere when using it. I tired unplugging it for a few minutes and also a few hours but no luck with the LED coming back on. Tried pressing the menu+home button on the remote with no luck. Tried connecting the USB C connection to my laptop with the power cord plugged in, no luck. I got 115V with a voltmeter when plugged in. Also tried a different outlet. Seems like a power supply.

    Any suggestions on other things to try? If it's likely the power supply I've seen some DIY instructions but no videos (only converting to a 12V PS). eBay seems to be the only place to grab these but not sure on the quality from the sellers.

    I feel like I should be able to do this myself. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Marky34
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 7 kinda just became really slow and a few problems have come up.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:04 PM PST

    The battery became significantly worse. I cannot update to the new IOS because it says that it can't verify update because not connected to internet even though I am. I have deleted the update and reinstalled but nothing has worked. And also my SIM card is not working as my service either says No Service or it's stuck on searching. Any help wud be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/HootsToTheToots
    [link] [comments]

    Getting information off of an Iphone 5 that with a damaged Lightning port

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 08:32 PM PST

    I have an old Iphone 5 i'm trying to get pictures and documents off of. Back then I did not back it up, and the information is not in the cloud. The battery and Lightning port are messed up, and it doesn't seem to be able to charge (currently trying, but doesn't appear to be charging at all).

    Other then not charging, the phone had no issues that would corrupt the files or anything like that.

    Do I have any options for accessing the files besides taking the phone to the Apple store?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/danielDU3lewis
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music won’t download

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 07:11 PM PST

    So this started like yesterday. I finally got Apple Music like last week and I've been downloading my music so I can play it offline. Since yesterday, my music hasn't been downloading. It just has the little iCloud symbol next to it. When I press on the song or album it shows it's loading but then goes back to the iCloud symbol and doesn't download. I looked online and I've turned off/on my phone, reset the app, updated my phone, turned off/on iCloud music and nothing has worked. What can I do???

    edit: I forgot to add this in, but my phones data doesn't work (it says "cannot activate cellular data" when I turn it on, but that's a whole other problem) so I can't try to download with data

    submitted by /u/JunglySack
    [link] [comments]

    Why won’t Chrome iOS sync with laptop?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:53 PM PST

    I have not been able to get Chrome on my iPad to sync with the open tabs in Chrome on my MacBook for months. I have signed in to chrome on my Mac, which I thought is all I need to do. My Mac is using Mojave, my iPad has all of its updates.

    submitted by /u/cgm707
    [link] [comments]

    Do the new iPads pro support mouse and game controllers?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:37 PM PST

    Trying to update 2011 Mac Book Pro Operating System

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:31 PM PST

    I am trying to update my mac from 10.7.5 to Sierra, but when I try to download the software, a message prompting me to log into my appleID appears. After I log in, another message appears saying my ID has not been used in the app store yet. It says I need to update my information, but I cannot because I need to update my software. Of course, I can't update my software because I can't use the app store.

    submitted by /u/LivingIceCream
    [link] [comments]

    App review somehow changed iTunes store country, now can't change back (season passes)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 04:21 AM PST

    I am in the UK. My iTunes account is the UK store. I have bought a handful of season passes, for shows that have all completed.

    An app requested that I leave a review, which I did, from my phone. Somehow this changed my App Store and iTunes store to the US store on my phone (my store on my MBP and iPad remains the UK store). At no point did I buy anything in the US store, and I don't have a US credit card or billing address, so I don't think I could anyway. At no point was I asked for any billing details. I just left my review.

    Now when I try and change it back, I'm told I have incomplete season passes. I don't know what this is referring to - I didn't buy anything in the US store. I now can't buy anything from iTunes or the App Store on my phone, and my phone won't update UK-specific apps.

    I emailed the Apple Support and they have been useless so far.

    • Their first response was to send me to an article about how to change your store (which I know).
    • The second response was to send me to an article about problems about changing your store, which includes a line about how you can't change stores if you have unexpired season passes (which I also know, and is useless because I don't think I should have any season passes!).

    They don't seem capable of looking into my specific account and actually telling me what apparent season passes there are.

    Has anyone encountered this issue and/or any suggestions for how to contact a useful support member? Without wishing to be rude, so far the individuals I have dealt with have clearly been writing from a script of rote answers.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/firstLOL
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot enable Content & Privacy Restrictions for family member

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:00 PM PST

    My child has an iPhone 8 with iOS 12.1.3 installed. He is a member of my iCloud "family" and I have successfully enabled Screen Time's "Downtime," "App Limits," and "Always Allowed" features, but when I attempt to enable the "Content & Privacy Restrictions," the switch automatically switches back to the disabled state. This happens if I attempt this on my child's phone or on my phone for his account. I have signed us both out of iCloud and back in and attempted to wipe out the phone and restore it, but this behavior still persists.

    Ideas of what I can try next? Am I missing some other feature that locks out the "Content & Privacy Restrictions" on my child's phone?

    submitted by /u/AeroNerd2012
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2018 desktop "Created in 2017"?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:59 PM PST

    I recently purchased an Apple Certified Refurbished MacBook Pro 2018. I was fooling around on the desktop when I noticed that the "Get Info" window that you can open by right-clicking the desktop says "Created: June 26, 2017". Here is a picture of it.

    Does it say this for anyone else?

    submitted by /u/Chearcher
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to buy Apple Care for my new iPad Pro 11“ in a different country...

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:57 PM PST

    because when I go to the Austrian Apple Support Site there is only the onetime purchase possible eith about 140€ and when I switch to the American Apple Support Site there is for the same device an monthly subscription so my Question is does that count if I buy it not in my Country?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/flodschi22
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering if any other Computer shops are experiencing the slow internet issue with older iMacs and Macbook pros.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:29 PM PST

    I have been working on Apple computers for 6 years and have never experienced this. Out of no where, in the last week, all of the iMacs that are on sierra and high sierra, will download at normal download speeds, then after about 15 minutes it drops to 20kbps. We are scratching our heads here, is anyone else running into this? It's been a week of it for us.

    Update: This only occurs when downloading from sierra and high sierra from the App store. The operating systems themselves do it and the updates. We tried ethernet and wifi.

    submitted by /u/Thethirdtoken
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Acting Strange, Possible Bad Battery?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 01:26 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    So what im having issues with is my Macbook Pro 13" mid 2012. I'm thinking it could possibly be my battery going bad (if thats a thing)

    Symptoms:

    -Often will not wake from sleep, have to hold down power to restart and boots up fine (My major issue/concern)

    -Occasionally gets very hot and fans go full blast

    -Rare but dies when unexpected. This has happened only a few times in the last few weeks Ive been having issues. I would leave it closed, not plugged in on 50% roughly battery, and a few hours later it is dead when I go back to use it.

    If this does sound like a battery problem, is there any risk in replacing it myself? I have some experience in computer hardware. I'd most likely buy one off eBay.

    Any suggestions are appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ndw33b
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro with external display not formatting sites correctly

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:59 PM PST

    Hi there. I recently connected my MacBook Pro to an external display and I discovered that this has somehow broken the way YouTube formats itself in Safari. Photo here.

    Does anyone know a fix for this?

    EDIT: Fixed! I cleared Safari's site data while the monitor was disconnected, and that somehow fixed the problem.

    submitted by /u/Chearcher
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 Plus and car USB connectivity

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:39 PM PST

    My iPhone 7 Plus has not been able to connect to my car (2014 Hyundai) through the built in USB connection. The problem started around the time I updated to iOS 12.1.2, and it is still doing it with 12.1.3.

    Neither power or data will work through that USB port on my phone. My girlfriend had an iPhone 6s running iOS 12.1.3 and has no problem connecting to my car. Even when we use the same lightning cable.

    So far I've tried different lightning cables, resetting the phone. I've reported the issue to Apple, but I thought I'd still ask around on here.

    In the meantime, I've been charging using a cig lighter adapter, and connecting via Bluetooth.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Justin6512
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max with scratch on screen

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 10:14 AM PST

    I had my iPhone 7s for 2 years and never got a scratch on it. I have had my iPhone XS Max since release and 2 months in I got a deep scratch on the screen. I do have apple care plus for my phone would that cover scratches? I am pretty anal retentive about this.

    submitted by /u/jgeezy235
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Air 11 FaceTime Problems

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 04:10 PM PST

    I got a MacBook air 11 that was water damaged but still works. However when I try to open FaceTime it says "Temperature Video will resume when Mac cools down." So far I have not found a solution. However the Handoff feature that allows me to answer calls from my Mac work, also Houseparty works so I know the iSight works but not FaceTime.

    submitted by /u/drunkhoe
    [link] [comments]

    Changing hard drive on MacBook Pro

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 12:14 PM PST

    I recently posted here about having issues with my MBP... since then I've been to the Apple store and been told the hard drive is dead.

    So... I ordered an SDD and have been trying to install it, when I found I couldn't get 4 of the retaining posts off the old hard drive.

    Apparently a T6 Torx screwdriver is needed. The price of the screwdriver ranges on Amazon... does anybody know if I have to buy a specific screwdriver to fit apple products? Or even better... does anybody have an alternate fix to getting the screws off other than buying the screwdriver?

    submitted by /u/FrogKnight52
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Taptic Engine Bug?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 03:33 PM PST

    Noticed this on my girlfriends XS, she's running 12.1.2 - Make sure you have sound turned on. In the video I try one app, but it does it for everything. I assumed it could be screen time but nothing is set... https://youtu.be/esOLQdKqPAY

    submitted by /u/Gr3y_FoX
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud backup question.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 08:38 AM PST

    So, my iCloud says my backup is too big to backup. I'm wondering how that's possible since; I deleted the old backup and now only have 1.3 mb of docs, and roughly 80 kbs of other stuff. I use google photos to backup photos and have photos turned off to backup anyways. Is it also backing up my software update and making it over 5 gigs? If so, that is a major design flaw and shouldn't account for my backup storage. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Stevenmc1911
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel