• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 1, 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - January 2019

    Apple Macbook The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - January 2019


    The Macbook Purchasing Megathread - January 2019

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 01:57 AM PST

    Have a question?

    Wondering what model you should go for? Ask here!

    • Do make your submission on point while adding as much detail as possible.

    • Mention your intended uses (i.e. video editing, graphic designing, photography, audio editing, gaming, casual browsing, etc).

    That's pretty much it! :)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to repair 2016 MBPs with backlight issue that causes stagelight on the bottom of the screen.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:43 PM PST

    A fairly common issue with the 2016 MBPs is the faulty keyboard which has been addressed by Apple a few months ago with a replacement program. However a less common but more expensive issue is the backlight issue that is caused by bad structural design on Apple's part. This issue can only be repaired through a display replacement which is an expense than ranges from $400-900 depending on region of the world. Please head over to the petition page to see the responses from the victims of this latest Apple tragedy.

    Petition

    submitted by /u/swoonz101
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to use Boot camp, but stuck at "Partitioning Disc"?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:34 PM PST

    I decided to use boot camp to run Windows 10 to play video games. I was able to choose the partition size, and it started the partition process. However, the progress bar is halfway full on the "Partitioning Disc" section, and I started this process hours ago. I am running on a 2018 Macbook Pro and updated to Mojave earlier today. Time Machine is not in use and I deleted the files that could cause problems. The Firevault feature is also not in use while doing this process. I have plenty of space too. What is the issue and how can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/SuperDogBoo
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a macbook to code swift

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 06:37 AM PST

    Hello everyone recently I decided to try out swift programming. After using public computers for a while I am really interested and I want to do it at home as well. The problem is I recently bought a windows laptop and I don't have a big budget. So my question is what is the cheapsest type of macbook I can get in order to properly code in swift.(refurbished is ok too)

    submitted by /u/Halukcang
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook mid 2010 battery replacement - doable at home?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 06:52 AM PST

    We have one of these white clamshell Macbooks that I need to keep running because reasons.

    The battery only keeps a charge for about an hour after being taken off the charger.

    I found a replacement battery on Amazon which will be here in a few days. I also have an ifixit toolkit in the house and know enough to wear an antistatic band while doing the work.

    Are there any pitfalls or traps I should be aware of prior to do this procedure? I have previously replace batteries and drives in older laptops (Windows mostly) with no issues.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/tripsteur
    [link] [comments]

    Making a Virtual Machine?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 01:13 PM PST

    So I have a late 2010 MacBook Air that I have since replaced with a late 2016 Macbook. For some new software I need for work, I need to make a virtual machine because it only works with Windows. I was wondering, since I have the 2010 MacBook Air that I no longer use, If I could wipe it clean and Install Bootcamp and Windows 10, and have that be the sole use for the old machine. The machine has 2GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage. I am pretty sure no updates at all would be supported on it, and so I am not sure which OS I could install to get Bootcamp. Could I use this old machine, or should I stick with my plan of setting up the virtual machine on my newer computer? Any help would be grateful. I also am trying to figure out how to do a hard reset on the old computer.

    submitted by /u/themoresheknows
    [link] [comments]

    block terminal resetting admin password?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 03:23 AM PST

    I dont want the admin password to be resettable other than by me as this is shared MacBook pro. However the admin pass can be changed by booting into terminal. anyway to block this?

    submitted by /u/BillyBatsonSHAZAM
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Retina 15" - Thoughts

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 08:33 AM PST

    Looking into getting a Macbook Pro. I'm very hesitant to get the new models w/ butterfly keyboards.

    I'm set on a 2015 Retina, but not sure if this is a good deal or not.

    My local Microcenter has a brand new, quad core, 15", retina macbook for $1799.

    There are zero used ones in my area via craigslist, offerup, letgo, etc..

    Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on if its a smart move to pull the trigger on this one?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Exxo
    [link] [comments]

    How to get brightness to auto adjust after manually adjusting?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 05:13 AM PST

    On MacBook Pro after using Touch Bar to adjust brightness when does it reset back to automatically adjusting to the ambient lighting again? When the ambient light changes or after the lid is opened again?

    submitted by /u/sh00t1ngf1sh
    [link] [comments]

    Looking at iiyama prolite 4k monitor - user review says “only use right hand usb-c” on MacBook

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 02:37 AM PST

    Looking at buying a iiyama X3272UHS-B1 32" 4K Ultra HD 60Hz VA PC Monitor for a 2018 13" MacBook Pro with Touchbar

    One of the Amazon user reviews state "Note that this only works with the right usb-c port on a MacBook Pro 13" ... does anyone know what that means? Are there differences in the functionality of the left hand and right hand ports? Unfortunately the user did not specify any other details of their MacBook model.

    submitted by /u/Trust__Nobody
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel