• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 27, 2019

    Apple iOS Apple News Magazine has been spotted in IOS 12.2 beta

    Apple iOS Apple News Magazine has been spotted in IOS 12.2 beta


    Apple News Magazine has been spotted in IOS 12.2 beta

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 12:22 AM PST

    iOS now tells you if an iPhone currently enrolled in iUP is eligible to upgrade or not, not sure if new or not

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:26 PM PST

    Ios photos album import problem

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:05 AM PST

    Hello everybody. Today i stumbled upon a problem when trying to clean up my phones photo library. I chose about 4000 photos which i want to save out of 11k i have. I manually selected those and tried to airdrop them and it failed. I then made an album with them and i connected my phone to my laptop trying to select that album in photos but it doesen't show up at all. How the hell do i import a single album ? I cannot backup my phone as it is 256 gb and my mba laptop has only 128 gb ssd. I am running ios 12.1.2

    submitted by /u/Zomg1992
    [link] [comments]

    “Unable to update Calendars...” in the iOS app

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 07:59 AM PST

    So this past week I've noticed my calendar events aren't showing up on my phone whether it's in the app itself or notifications outside of it.

    When I go to the app there's a little circle with an exclamation mark beside the "Calendars" button at the bottom. When I tap it I go to a list of my calendars, the first section being iCloud calendars and then there's an "other" section with Birthdays and Holidays.

    The birthday and holidays have no problems, but under the iCloud section it just says "Unable to update calendars..." My iCloud calendars include 2 personal ones and 2 shared ones.

    All of these calendars work and show and sync on my iPad and Mac which are hooked up to the same iCloud account as the phone.

    I've checked through all the settings and tried numerous fixes I've found online such as:

    • Unchecking Calendars from iCloud

    • Restarting the Phone

    • Signing out of iCloud in my phone and back in (which actually fixed the calendar but something wacky happened with my iCloud Photo Library and iCloud storage where it wanted to add all the photos on my device to the iCloud even though they were already there, and while it would probably just merge I didn't have enough storage space to get anywhere with that so I actually had to reset my phone and restore from back up, which got everything but the calendar working normal again.

    Even at the earlier part of the week when I seemed to getting it working it would only last a couple days before the problem came back. I also have an Apple Watch hooked up to it if that matters at all, it also isn't getting any calendar information.

    Apologies for the wall of text but this is super annoying for work, if anyone has had any experience with this or any other suggestions to try I would love to hear them!

    submitted by /u/GreenBlueSeduce
    [link] [comments]

    New apps

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 07:56 AM PST

    Suggest me some useful apps to download

    submitted by /u/matteox99
    [link] [comments]

    Fitness reminder

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 07:23 AM PST

    Hello,

    Not sure if this is the place to ask this, please point me in the right direction if it's not.

    I need an app that reminds me to move my ass every now and then and do some kind of workout. No need to be a full workout app, just the reminders plus maybe a random exercise. Anyone knows of an app like that?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/deftbit
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time Bug

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:15 AM PST

    I enabled screen time on my phone, and I encountered a bug. For some reason it wasn't recording my data properly. It would say that Settings was my most used app and it would record me as having used my phone for about 40 seconds per day. This has stopped, but I was wondering if anyone knows what causes this bug.

    submitted by /u/Certainly-Not-A-Bot
    [link] [comments]

    How to use a QR business card on iphone

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:12 AM PST

    I have created a fullscreen image that includes my business card qr code.

    I want a button on my home screen that immediately opens it up and makes it full screen. How do i do it?

    submitted by /u/7Geordi
    [link] [comments]

    Private browsing/search history not working.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 11:50 PM PST

    Hey there, for some reason when I try to go into private browsing the option is no longer there. As well, the clear search history function is there, but greyed our and unusable. Any idea as to why this is?

    submitted by /u/Rory-2-1
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my phone always turn on at 3 AM? this happens every night in the activity screen

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 03:01 PM PST

    iOS 12 Live Photos still create separately .HEIC and .MOV files ???

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 02:39 AM PST

    Hello,

    Does anyone know how to export only 1 file for Live Photos instead of 2 separate .HEIC and .MOV files ?

    Because it's terrible for archiving, no cloud system on Earth has native support for this, it will always take it as 2 files. It's been 4 years since Live Photos introduced but still Apple gives no effort to make it easier for users. It's the pain in the ass every time I want to backup theses, and also I don't want to use Google Photos so that's not a solution :(

    If it's not possible yet do you have any information when it will be ? I don't see any technical barrier stopping them to produce only 1 file ? .HEIC now fully supported and the .HEIF (which suppose to contain both .HEIC and .MOV) should be too, otherwise the idea of Live Photos is pointless because you can't see it elsewhere.

    submitted by /u/quochaotran
    [link] [comments]

    Status bar is disappearing - iPhone SE

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 05:20 PM PST

    Apple Health

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 01:34 AM PST

    Is there a way I can show my steps from a date until today ? Without having to add up manually from each date

    submitted by /u/stevesiphonexs
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot open a password app, because the developer stopped updating. Can I use an old iTouch to open it?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 12:20 AM PST

    tl;dr: how to use old itouch with iOS 3 to open an app in iPhone with iOS 12 when the app is no longer supported on ios11+?

    My dad uses to save all his bank/website/etc passwords on an app called "password". The app used to work fine until he updated to iOS 11+, which the app no longer supports due to a lack of development. Today, he wants to check his old savings account, which neither have the phone number nor the email address on the file. He wants to downgrade his iOS just to open this app, but it seems that is not possible as jailbreak is not available atm for iOS 12.

    One option I thought of is to use my ipod touch I used many years ago which is still at ios 3. Maybe if I can move the app data and the application onto the ipod touch, it might be possible to open the app. However, I'm not sure how to move the app data and install the app, because the app is no longer on the appstore. Please, can anyone tell me a way to open that app?

    submitted by /u/pillowthebitchycat
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked number on iPhone. Messages still coming through on Macbook.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:54 PM PST

    I installed a new HardDrive on my Macbook. Now I'm receiving texts again from blocked numbers on my iPhone. The iPhone does not receive the messages. The messages only appear on the Messages app on my Macbook.

    submitted by /u/TeddiRoze
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook and Messenger still haven't been optimized for iPhone Xr and Xs Max

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 09:10 PM PST

    Months have passed since iPhone Xr and Xs Max came to the market. It's 2019 now, however, Facebook and Messenger still haven't been optimized for the new resolution scales on those models. Everything is so blurred, zoomed in, and oversized.

    Currently, most of the apps fully supported new iPhone models. Facebook is one the biggest company but they are very slowly getting their apps updated. Does anyone know the reason?

    submitted by /u/AmarettoTornado
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone name changed after iOS 12.1.3 update

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:58 PM PST

    Did your iPhone's name changed after the recent update?

    Mine was changed from "Aragorn's iPhone" to just "iPhone" after updating to iOS 12.1.3. Not a big deal though.

    submitted by /u/AragornRF
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't I send a gift card from my apple account

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 08:55 PM PST

    It says I am not allowed to gift on my account

    submitted by /u/Astronaut-44
    [link] [comments]

    Hello techies of reddit! I just bought an iPhone SE on eBay and just got this...i just want to know if it’s fake or not. i ran it thru the apple website and the serial number is legit. But it feels off because the flashlight isn’t vertical like a “real” SE. I need your advice. thank you

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 08:24 PM PST

    iPad and iPhone iMessage get out of Sync quickly.

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 07:57 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 7 on Cricket (AT&T) and a WiFi only ipad 2018 9.7 inch. Both are running iOS 12.1.3 and both spend most of the time on the same WiFi network. I have erased ALL the messages on each device. Both are signed in using the same Apple ID both have iMessage turned on in iCloud both have iMessage turned on etc. within 4 messages one or the other looses track and no longer reflects the messages sent or received on the other. In this latest case all 4 recipients were iPhone users but it happens with Android users as well.

    I have signed out then in with my Apple ID rebooted, etc. Still happens. How do I keep them in sync?

    submitted by /u/rbruceporter
    [link] [comments]

    How does iOS TV determine which TV Season Artwork to display?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:44 PM PST

    In iOS (also tvOS), how does the app determine which seasons artwork to display?

    Once upon a time it displayed the latest purchased of a season (if you bought seasons 1-4 but 3 was the last purchased it would display season 3 for the series) then it began to randomise which one, but now some are stuck on season 1 and others random.

    In this screenshot for example all tv shows were purchased in season order 1-X yet Alias displays season 5 artwork while the rest shows season 1 artwork.

    https://imgur.com/OG9yqU8

    submitted by /u/throwaway4785478
    [link] [comments]

    All applications are logging me out

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 06:09 PM PST

    As the title says all my apps will allow me to sign in for a brief period of time but then will sign me out abruptly. I cannot log into my phones setting using my apple idea and most recently it has stopped letting me access wifi. I can send text messages but not imessage. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/DrunkAsASoberSkunk
    [link] [comments]

    Portrait Mode Freeze in iPhone 8 Plus

    Posted: 26 Jan 2019 02:18 PM PST

    After the recent updates I noticed my camera in portrait mode freezes for a few seconds, like 30 seconds or so. Is this a software bug? Or hardware issue?

    submitted by /u/xXOrionXxxx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel