• Breaking News

    Friday, January 25, 2019

    Apple Help How are you supposed to delete an app in current iOS?

    Apple Help How are you supposed to delete an app in current iOS?


    How are you supposed to delete an app in current iOS?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:22 PM PST

    I am successful sometimes, but can't figure out what the magic touch is - used to be you hold down on app til it wiggles, then hit the x. Now that happens sometimes, but more often the shortcut menu comes up. What's the trick?

    submitted by /u/TysonButterbean
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify voice isn’t on my iPhone 8 iOS 12

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 07:24 PM PST

    The option isn't there but my cousin with the exact same phone as me has it. I've tried uninstalling it but it already has my data so it's like I never uninstalled. The microphone option isn't in my settings either

    submitted by /u/thaprinc33
    [link] [comments]

    2018 15" MBP - VPN not working

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:07 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I am at my wits end.

    Upgraded from a 2016 MBP to 2018.

    Everything works fine except the VPN.

    I am on the same version of OSX. I removed the software completely and reinstalled (used terminal too to clean out config files). I just can't get my VPN to connect. I've tried different ports/protocols. Nothing works.

    OpenVPN barely works. My gigabit line crawls at ~20kbps download speed.

    I called Apple: they told me it was not their problem. VPN provider tried trouble shooting but literally can't think of anything else (not the firewall, not my router ... etc).

    Has anyone run into this? Can anyone advise?

    submitted by /u/bFSFM
    [link] [comments]

    2011 iMac help

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:36 AM PST

    I have a 2011 21.5" iMac that I'm getting ready to sell since it's not being used anymore. My original plan was to make a Snow Leopard USB installation drive and boot to it, but it kept freezing at the screen with the apple logo. No status bar at all. The startup chime was normal as well.

    It would boot normally if I didn't try to boot to the USB drive. But now, it won't even do that. It keeps freezing at the screen with the apple logo. Again no status bar, and the startup chime is normal. I even found a Snow Leopard installation DVD, and it wouldn't even boot to that. What are my next steps?

    System specs here

    submitted by /u/jonogoldenrod
    [link] [comments]

    Problem hearing voice messages/video chats

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:01 PM PST

    Whenever I hear a voice message (whatsapp,messenger,etc.) and I accidentally put my hand on top of my phone's camera, the audio automatically stops playing and it really ticks me off. I don't even have to put it that close either it just kinda senses something on top of it and it stops playing and the screen goes black; I cant even hear them without being uncomfortable and it is starting to really piss me off. Same thing happens when I am in a video call, I accidentally put my hand on top of the camera and the screen just goes completely black as if it is shut off. Anyway I can turn this off? Would really appreciate it, thanks.

    submitted by /u/mentaldead
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to set a permanent icon on a folder?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:33 PM PST

    I posted this last semester and the comment is deleted, so I am posting again:

    I'm a student and every semester I make a folder for each class and put it on my desktop. They all end up looking like word documents and I have to scroll over all of them to figure out which folder I want. Is there a way to set the icon for the folder so it's a big letter or something? I'm also asking because the solution on google ("get info" and editing) did not work.

    submitted by /u/MundaneShoulder6
    [link] [comments]

    How many claims can I file with applecare+? I just got my battery replaced and have 2 years left

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:44 PM PST

    Why is Time Machine such a PITA?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 09:21 PM PST

    After hours of trouble shooting I finally get Time Machine to backup over my home network to a HDD attached to my router. Works without issue for months. Turned on my iMac this evening and it tried to do a brand new, full backup of almost a TB! It backed up fine this morning. I am so sick of going through this bs every few months. No one has ever given me a good reason or explanation for why Time Machine is so terrible over home networks. Best I get is "well, this is a known issue and there is nothing to do about it" which is f'ing dumb and I point the finger squarely at Apple especially since they have stopped making Time Capsules and people must rely on third party storage. Fix this! I can't be the only one with this issue and if I am what am I doing wrong? I can access the HDD no problem with my iMac and any other device I want on my home network but for whatever reason Time Machine just up and decides that it is not going to recognize the previous backups and start all over again (which takes hours/days over wifi) and then will just not recognize the server at all. Rant over.

    Edit: Fixed quickly this time with minimal effort. Seems Apple only intended for us to backup over USB or a macintosh server or some such.

    submitted by /u/nuttmeg8
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing an iCloud folder for my real estate team?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:24 PM PST

    I'm a Realtor and have an entire folder that's on my iCloud drive with print material, notes, presentations, etc. that I'd like each of my team members to just have on their machines as well. Is that possible?

    I don't want to sign up for DropBox business after seeing how expensive that will get.

    submitted by /u/ChrisF79
    [link] [comments]

    Time machine backup won’t take

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:13 PM PST

    MacBook Pro, early 2015.

    I have my time machine backup on an external drive, after booting up into recovery mode and then restoring my backup from time machine, the computer says it needs to restart. From what I've learned online, normally the computer then boots into the restored backup version, but for me it just boots me back into recovery mode.

    I've tried restoring my MacBook twice now, each time after it "successfully" restores, it boots back into recovery mode.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/EndoftheRogue
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone stuck on headphone mode

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:46 PM PST

    As the title says the phone is stuck in headphone mode even when restarting it or cleaning it. possible fix?

    submitted by /u/Prestigeboy
    [link] [comments]

    Launchpad resets on restart

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:14 PM PST

    Hello,

    Currently, whenever I relog into my user account, restart my laptop or run killall Dock

    then the launchpad gets reset back to its default position. I have tried removing the launchpad database files and while they get replaced with new ones, the issue still persists. I have also tried resetting the launchpad and that has not brought any results. I also disabled all login items that might be causing an issue. I created a new user account on the laptop and the issue did not happen on that account.

    Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

    OS: Mojave - 10.14.13

    Mac Book Pro 15inch 2017

    submitted by /u/DiscombobulatedBase9
    [link] [comments]

    Old iMessages not loading

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:57 PM PST

    I'm trying to look at old messages sent to a friend from before January, but nothing is there. It's not even giving me a loading symbol. I have checked all other old messages to other people and they are all still there. My settings are set to keep messages forever and I have iCloud backup turned off (I haven't had it on for backing up messages).

    submitted by /u/GreatMexicanTortilla
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple ID is broken

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 02:01 PM PST

    So a few months back I tried to make a purchase on my Apple ID. The problem is that my debit card didn't have the money on it (a pending payment came out that I forgot about). So now I'm broke and have no way of putting money on my account to fix it. I can't download ANYTHING on my account (new or previously downloaded). It's been too long for me to even see what it was trying to take money out for on my purchases page and I don't remember what it was. Is there any way to fix this without adding a new debit card?

    submitted by /u/TyrannicalTyrian
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Upgrading my MacbookPro mid 2012 to crucial MX500

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Hey guys, i bought the Crucial MX500 Sata SSD along with a crucial 8gb ram stick for my trusty mac, the thing is even though ive seen dem guides and stuff, i am still not sure how i will go about transitioning from my HDD to the SSD without loosing any data or hiccups, and still not sure about the process of transferring and backing up my data from the HDD. Hence this post. I have 2-3 questions i want some answers for. 1. Is it worth it? Or should i just go and buy myself a new mac? I am not particularly interested in those boot up times as a true mac user... i just drop the lid down and thats it. What i am interested in is the performance regarding the opening closing of apps, tasks such as scanning ie. Spotlight reconstruction of database, apps that need to scan through my mac. 2. How do i go about transferring my mac data in such a way that when i reboot my mac after the SSD upgrade .. i end up with the mirror image of my old hdd setup complete with files and installed apps. I am Aware of the APFS thing majingy and its requirement to format the new ssd to APFS. 3. Apps really take too long load, currently the system preferences takes about a minute to load :/, should i just out right make a clean installation of macos and build my relationship with my mac again?

    submitted by /u/ashayramolia
    [link] [comments]

    OSX Yosemite

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:33 PM PST

    Hi,

    Anyone care to help me, I have a computer with OSX Yosemite. An old MacBook Pro I used to use to study, I haven't used it for years and want to get rid of it, so I'd like to do a clean install. I have googled like crazy, but don't understand how to get it factory reset. I can do that on a phone, but on this, it's harder it seems.

    I have stumbled on posts that say command + R and stuff, there's no recovery partition (whatever that is).

    I just want it clean and with a working OS.

    submitted by /u/SwedeTrump
    [link] [comments]

    Battery health dropped from 97% to 94% in one week

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:15 AM PST

    Hi, my wife's iPhone XS seems to have some battery problems.

    She complains the battery doesn't last long and the battery report says its health dropped from 97% to 94% within a week.

    Is that normal?

    My iPhone XR that was bought the same day is still at 100%.

    submitted by /u/FezVrasta
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud will not sync notes to MacBook Pro

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:13 PM PST

    I have a customer who came in with 2 iPad Pros (12.9" Gen 1, and a 10.5"), an iPhone 6, and a 15" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, his iCloud notes were not syncing, I was able to get them synced to the iPads, however the notes will not sync to his MacBook Pro. I have tried just about everything I can think of, everything is up to date on all devices, I've tried signing out of iCloud on the MacBook, and on the other devices, I've even tried creating another user account. Any other suggestions or things that may cause an issue like this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Butch00
    [link] [comments]

    APPLE TV 3rd Generation - Worth it in 2019?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 03:51 PM PST

    Find out if the 3rd generation Apple TV is still worth getting in 2019. I put a lot of time into making this video and I'm just starting out my YouTube channel. Feel free to leave you're opinions in the comment section.

    Check it out:

    https://youtu.be/uGlvIbdC2wA

    submitted by /u/AfroFlew
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone XR Black Camera Screen

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:00 PM PST

    So, since I purchased my new IPhone XR, I have been constantly getting this bug where the back camera stops working and just shows a black screen on any app that uses the camera and the actual camera app. Along with this, the flashlight doesn't work. Occassionally it will randomly start working again but this has happened about 3 times. The front sefie camera still works though. I've tried a bunch of fixes like messing with camera settings, resetting phone to no avail. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Lanader
    [link] [comments]

    How to manage desktop with "align to grid" option enabled when using external screen

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 11:54 AM PST

    I recently switched from an iMac to a MacBook Pro with an external display. When I use the external display, I do not use two screens. I simply plug in my MBP with the lid closed and enjoy a bigger screen.

    I've always used the "align to grid" option on my desktop, and I have a way I'm used to organize files (connected servers on the top left, folders organized by topics on the bottom left, etc.).

    My problem is since the MBP and the external screen do not have the same size, they don't seem to share the same size of grid (am I making sense?). So whenever I align stuff on my desktop, they end up not being aligned on the other screen. For example, I'll align stuff on the grid when on the external display, and when I switch back to the MBP screen, folders and files sit on top of each other in a clustered mess.

    Is there a way I could make everything fit in a certain way? Maybe adopt a new logic, or a certain grid size?

    Thanks!

    Edit: Typos.

    submitted by /u/SuprBrown
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook Pro Retina, 650 battery cycles with 75% health, what should I do?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 11:14 AM PST

    I have a 13-inch early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina. Its has around 650 battery cycles however the battery health shows 75%. According to Apple's website, battery should reach 80% of its health by 1000 cycles however mine seems to be have deteriorated faster. What are my options? Will Apple replace it free of charge as its has deteriorated much faster?

    submitted by /u/AF4Q
    [link] [comments]

    Weird, seemingly unconnected issues with different things - can't download pictures, can't connect to itunes

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 10:45 AM PST

    this is half question/half asking for support thread because I'm generally interested if anyone else with an ipad or apple products in general had this experience, and maybe there is a correlation I can't see. I recently received an iPad mini 4.

    I have a bunch of problems I've tried fixing and I'm at the end of my wits now. the weird thing is, is when one thing stops working, the other starts working - there seems to be an endless cycle of seemingly unrelated problems which seem to correlate in some way. I had this same thing with my iphone a few years ago, especially when I tried to get it fixed (unofficially, not with apple support or care. another story though)

    1. At first there was a major problem with downloading apps. For some reason, apps just didn't download, have been stuck on "waiting". It could download apps a few times, then it stopped working again.
    2. The "Trust this computer" pop up doesn't show up when I try to connect, this worked sometimes after resets just as the downloading of apps - but this just as randomly stopped again.
    3. the lock button on top seems to work physically but it doesn't lock my iPad -I can turn it off this way, though.

    The weird thing is that all these problems have stopped randomly, I could download apps all of a sudden and the lock button worked, I was also able to connect it to itunes as well. Put some stuff on my ipad, was happy.

    Weirdly enough now I seem to be able to download apps but basically, all of the problems are back - together with being unable to save pictures from any app. Privacy settings for the photo app say: "No apps have requested access to your photos."

    I've already tried:
    - checking every setting on the ipad/the account settings themselves

    - made a new account, used different ones.

    - repeated resets/reboots, setting it up again with itunes when I was able to connect it to itunes.

    - resets of settings

    Is there anything I don't see in common with these problems, its just so confusing. Is this a general apple thing?

    submitted by /u/sm0ng
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 2011 Macbook Pro (with Thunderbolt). Awhile back I swapped out the stock WiFi/Bluetooth card with an upgraded one to make it compatible with HandOff, etc. Now I've upgraded it to High Sierra, and Handoff isn't working. How can I make this work?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 12:10 AM PST

    In the system profiler, what am I looking for to see if I have the right hardware? Is it a software/driver install, or one of those things I can do in terminal to make voodoo stuff happen? As far as I can tell it *should* work, but I'm in a seemingly unique/rare/stupid position.

    Halp.

    submitted by /u/SpaceForceAwakens
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got a 2010 MacBook Pro that needs a new logic board

    Posted: 25 Jan 2019 05:58 AM PST

    Looking to replace the logic board as the on-board graphics are fried ( apparently there was a recall I was unaware of) I'm trying to find a new logic board on eBay but I'm not sure how to make sure I've got the right part, do I just use the serial number?

    submitted by /u/bigminecraftfan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel