• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 1, 2019

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 31]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 31]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [December 31]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:15 AM PST

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    AirPower officially misses 2018 deadline, Apple silent on its status.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 12:05 AM PST

    IINA 1.0 is now available: the modern media player for macOS and great alternative of VLC

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:25 AM PST

    Interactive 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' doesn't work on Apple TV and users are furious

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:14 PM PST

    ����Happy new year r/Apple!����

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:11 PM PST

    Here's to a 2019 2018S filled with more rumors, speculation, after-event shitposting, and more. Looking forward to what's ahead!

    submitted by /u/gulabjamunyaar
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is going to end 2018 with a rare product launch miss

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 01:58 PM PST

    With the lack of current pro apps, what’s next for iPad?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:03 PM PST

    I just wanted to ask around because I recently had an urge to use the beastly A12X on the iPad Pro to render some animations in Blender instead of my weak laptop. Do you think this may be possible in the future? We're getting Photoshop and some better games on ARM, but what's next?

    submitted by /u/AtomicEmerson
    [link] [comments]

    What will be the first Apple product you’ll be getting in 2019?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 11:53 PM PST

    Mine: Gold SS Apple Watch - Series 4. Can't wait!

    submitted by /u/iphonexmas
    [link] [comments]

    Does google chrome for Mac have voice commands?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:31 PM PST

    Hello is it possible whilst using google chrome on my mac to use voice commands? such as 'Google go to youtube.com' or 'Google search for news'. ?

    Many thanks for any help or info.

    Take care

    submitted by /u/LSD05
    [link] [comments]

    How to Upload Photos to iCloud from PC without Duplicates

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:22 PM PST

    On my iCloud, I have a group of 1600 photos, group A. On my PC, I have 2000 photos, group B. There is some overlap between group A and group B but both A and B have their own original photos.

    How do I upload only the original photos from group B (my PC) to group A (iCloud) automatically, without going through each photo individually?

    submitted by /u/CommonCheck
    [link] [comments]

    Going to start scanning hundreds of old photos onto my Mac. Any tips for how to organize them?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:22 PM PST

    I was just going to load them into Apple Photos with all the rest of my pictures, but I realized that my library might end up turning into a cluttered mess, with all my actual recent pictures getting buried under nearly a thousand old photos from decades ago.

    Has anyone done this recently? Should I try to adjust the dates for every individual photo? Should I just skip the Photos app and store them in a dedicated folder?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Durendal_et_Joyeuse
    [link] [comments]

    According to Deeper Analysis, the iPhone's Dominance in the $600-1000 Premium Price Tiers Continued in Q3

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:49 AM PST

    An official iPad docking station could challenge Echo Show and Google Home Hub

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:59 AM PST

    I had a shower thought this morning: Apple should come out with a display mount that can turn any iPad (I was mainly thinking about a new Mini) into a digital assistant.

    Homekit already allows for a Hub for automation to be set with an iPad that's always at home. In my eyes, with an Apple-made base that would mount the iPad onto a speaker stand, this would easily rival the Echo Show and the Google Assistant displays without having to do much.

    Think about what an iPad already can do: FaceTime, control Homekit devices, use Hey Siri, play videos via Netflix and the Apple "TV" App to name a few.

    That already rivals the other Assistant displays on the market!

    All they would need to add on the dock are the following:

    • Enhanced speakers to replace iPad speakers and tweeters to hear your voice from across the room
    • Ability to keep the iPad always plugged in and charging
    • Software to support "assistant mode", where the display could be redesigned to be more dock- and homekit-friendly. I wouldn't want to have to use the home button or gestures to get back to the main screen.

    What are everyone else's thoughts? Would you like to see an Apple-made mount and docking station for the iPad to become a new digital assistant rival?

    submitted by /u/churs_rs
    [link] [comments]

    Heads up to those who have AirPort Routers and want to play games on Windows 10

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 07:44 AM PST

    Hey guys, I struggled with this for an hour before figuring it out, just wanted to let y'all know.

    Microsoft's teredo network technology is blocked on AirPort routers by default (or at least it was on mine), you have to go into your settings (airport utility on mac / windows) and enable it manually to play multiplayer on Xbox Live from Windows 10. You also have to have all your firewalls active for teredo to establish a connection.

    Thanks and happy playing.

    submitted by /u/unfitfuzzball
    [link] [comments]

    why is my battery significantly worse after getting it replaced

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:47 PM PST

    i had 90% capacity, i got it replaced, now it's at 100%. but now i get like 2 hours of screen on time when it used to be 4.

    submitted by /u/dawsonnn1
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Speaker Distortion

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 02:47 PM PST

    Hey everybody - A couple of days ago I opened up my MacBook and was watching a show when I heard this crackling and ringing coming out of the left speaker. At first I thought it was just bad audio in the file but I quickly realized that's not the issue. I played some music and then panned the balance to each side and it's definitely the left speaker that's distorted/blown.

    Has anybody ever had this issue? Does anybody know if it's a hardware issue that would be fixed for free or how much it would cost if I have to pay for it? I primarily use my MacBook to make music which means I usually have headphones on or have it hooked up to my speakers but it still sucks to have such a (fairly) new and expensive product that I use every single day not working properly.

    submitted by /u/2ndNatureBKNY
    [link] [comments]

    New iPad Pro vs Mac Air

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 01:01 AM PST

    Considering either a Mac Air or iPad Pro for using final draft and watching movies. Unfortunately, I can't use Final Draft 11 on the iPad pro (I will be able to use the mobile version) which is a big downside.

    The upside of the iPad is I'll get a special deal through AT&T and I'll be able to make monthly payments instead of paying $1500 upfront for the new macbook air.

    submitted by /u/premekada
    [link] [comments]

    Family sharing payment issue

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 12:06 AM PST

    I'm trying to buy something on my own Apple ID but since I'm connected to my family's family sharing thing it's saying I need to verify the credit card of my dad. I bought an iTunes card and I redeemed it but it won't let me purchase the app without a credit card! Can someone help?

    submitted by /u/theHawkmooner
    [link] [comments]

    Ohio man says iPhone XS Max caught fire and exploded in his pocket

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:59 AM PST

    The Activity Monitor on my 2017 MacBook Pro keeps showing "SG Protocol Service" and it continually shows %CPU usage over 50-100%. The process appears and disappears.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 04:07 PM PST

    Does anyone know what is going on? My laptop seems to overheat easily as well. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ethbtc
    [link] [comments]

    2018's Biggest Apple Leaks: iPhone XS and XR, iPad Pro, Macs, and More

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:10 AM PST

    Anyone else experienced random beeping sounds coming from your iphone?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:58 PM PST

    It comes up at the most random of times, 2 sharp 'Beeps' in quick suscession that plays loudly even on silent mode. I'm almost certain it isn't due to any third party applications/running applications on screen. Also, my phone isn't jailbroken. I may be paranoid but im thinking something (?) is infiltrating my phone/collecting data on my caches/etc

    submitted by /u/Jarredos
    [link] [comments]

    Forget AirPower, what happened to the new Mac Pro and Thunderbolt Display promised last year?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 02:29 AM PST

    AppStore gift card (US)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 01:46 AM PST

    I received an AppStore giftcard in a competition that was for US but actually, I can't redeem it here in Europe. I'm looking for someone who lives in US and can buy it off from me. Happy new year fam!

    -In case it's not adequate to post it in here i'll delete.

    submitted by /u/Pado3317
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel