• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 1, 2019

    Apple TV Just bought a 3rd gen Apple TV to see if it was worth spending $250 on the latest model. I've got a few questions

    Apple TV Just bought a 3rd gen Apple TV to see if it was worth spending $250 on the latest model. I've got a few questions


    Just bought a 3rd gen Apple TV to see if it was worth spending $250 on the latest model. I've got a few questions

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:30 PM PST

    Netflix app looks like it hasn't been updated since 2015

    Has the 4th gen or 5th gen box's been given different updates? Making it look like what's on the Roku or PS4?

    On my iPhone I found a AppleTV control in the swipe up control panel it appears to search but never finds anything.

    I found AppleTV app in the AppStore that works fine.

    Any particular reason why one works but not the other?

    submitted by /u/imortal211
    [link] [comments]

    Highly regret buying Apple TV - stuttering

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 02:40 AM PST

    I use Plex and also just smb loc share the Apple TV 4K cannot handle anything without stuttering, so far I've tried

    MRMC Infuse pro Kodi Emby Plex

    1gb Ethernet, internet 360mbps

    For such a great processor the thing can't play much, by any off chance am I missing something a setting or?

    Any help if possible is greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/NO-OXI
    [link] [comments]

    How to use mic in Singa app (Karaoke app)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2019 04:06 AM PST

    I am unable to figure out how to use mic in Singa app. Can any one share how to use mic?

    submitted by /u/puppetofuniverse
    [link] [comments]

    NYE Party Game recommendations

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 08:39 AM PST

    have about 10 people coming over later. Adults and kids. Any good games I should get that we can all play on the ATV together? Or should I plan on playing Trivial Pursit at the table?

    BTW - Never have bought/played any game on the ATV before.

    submitted by /u/RedRocker55
    [link] [comments]

    Applying captions to BritBox TV?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 03:41 PM PST

    I own the 4K Apple TV, and I was wondering if anyone knows why subtitles won't apply to certain streaming services, such as BritBox. I've already made my own custom captions and all that, and BritBox themselves have told me that their Apple TV app does have closed captioning, but it's simply not appearing on my end. Could anyone help me out here?

    submitted by /u/planksmomtho
    [link] [comments]

    Indiana Jones & the Missing Movies

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 11:46 AM PST

    The Indiana Jones movies have been seemingly pulled from the USA iTunes Store. Still available through Vudu, but for how much longer? What are the chances they've been temporarily pulled in anticipation of a 4K upgrade?

    submitted by /u/MalcolmInTheMudhole
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Remote Dropped in Water

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 11:16 PM PST

    My daughter thought it was a great idea to take my cup and dip the Apple TV remote in it. Now the remote is not working so I put it in a tightly sealed bag of rice and by tomorrow afternoon will have been 24 hours of it being submerged now rice. The remote was only in the water for a few seconds till I got it and cleaned it off but I noticed some water got between the touch pad and the base itself.

    Has anyone had anything like this happen to them and where you able to fix the remote?

    submitted by /u/pwnedkiller
    [link] [comments]

    Casting Like Chromecast?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 10:52 AM PST

    Thinking of buying an Apple TV because my Chromecast doesn't support gigabit ethernet. Just curious if you can cast to the Apple TV like the chrome cast from pretty much all mobile apps? Or is a lot of it involves the remote?

    submitted by /u/jailbreaker1234
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming Idea

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 01:45 PM PST

    I'd love it if the Apple TV could link with your iPhone to act as a more complex controller for games. This would enable so many awesome things, for example: Brawl Stars on your Apple TV and a blank screen (great for battery life with OLED phone screens) on your iPhone where you can use multiple fingers to move and aim.

    Dunno how possible or likely something like that is, but it makes sense to do something like that if Apple is really committed to making Apple TV a viable gaming platform.

    submitted by /u/SOR5
    [link] [comments]

    Quick ATV 4K question

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 05:13 PM PST

    I've set my ATV to 4K SDR and matching on.

    If I rent a movie via iTunes, that has Dolby Vision, will it play in DV? I am only asking because I looked at a preview and didn't see the DV come up on my TV (LG C8).

    submitted by /u/kjb86
    [link] [comments]

    New ATV 4K ... info source?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 09:38 AM PST

    While being very tech savvy, I've never read up on the 4K stuff so I wouldn't be tempted to spend. Now I have a lower end 4K TV and a new ATV 4K. Where's the best article/source on the internet to give me a rundown of the essential things I need to know to get the best out of what I have?

    submitted by /u/irambos
    [link] [comments]

    Is there way to add different screensavers Other than the standard downtown Los Angeles?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 12:08 PM PST

    12Mbps average Internet speed

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 03:53 PM PST

    I can perfectly stream 4K on Netflix @ 11.44Mbps tops. Will I be able to stream iTunes 4K content with that speed? I mean, I don't know if Apple restricts 4K if you don't have the minimum recommended (25Mbps)

    submitted by /u/Hanz0L
    [link] [comments]

    Turning on non HDMI Denon receiver with AppleTV 4K

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 06:15 PM PST

    Hello. Currently my Sony Bravia has all the HDMI inputs of my devices (Nintendo Switch, AppleTV 4K) and it outputs variable audio via optical to a mature but quality Denon receiver without HDMI. Basically the TV is doing video switching and the receiver is doing the audio. I would love to use the Siri remote control for everything. I know I can train the AppleTV for volume up/down on the receiver via IR learning, but I can't figure out how to get the it to learn to turn on the receiver ON.

    Is it possible to do this?

    submitted by /u/migp
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having problems getting Fox News to work with UVerse?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 03:44 PM PST

    It says "your tv provider does not have access". Its been working fine and I uninstalled/reinstalled the app but cannot get logged in. Has anyone found a fix for this?

    submitted by /u/johnorso
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel