• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 27, 2018

    macOS Experimental Dark Mode in MacOS

    macOS Experimental Dark Mode in MacOS


    Experimental Dark Mode in MacOS

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    Dark Mode Coming to Office for Mac Soon?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 04:39 AM PDT

    Woke up this morning and now I have to hold Command+Q to quit, any way to change it to just press not hold?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 02:36 PM PDT

    Why isn't the two finger horizontal navigation implemented in more apps? ��

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    I love Safari because of the two fingers gesture to go backwards and forwards when navigating, it´s fast and normally reliable, but I cannot quite understand how is it Apple never implemented on other apps such as iTunes, App Store or Dictionary. There is actually an option (quite hidden in Settings, IIRC), that allows you to navigate in literally any app with three fingers, but it´s disabled since I use the three fingers to drag selections and windows.

    submitted by /u/patatonix
    [link] [comments]

    Was just thinking this morning about the robustness of macOS. When OSX was new, kernel panics weren’t common, but they did happen occasionally. I literally can’t remember the last one I had now. It must have been 10.6 that I last experienced one.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:53 AM PDT

    My windows laptop at work is kind of like early OSX. Kernel panics aren't often, but they aren't really surprising.

    submitted by /u/firewatchersdaughter
    [link] [comments]

    Finder copy/move queue feature – Apple Feedback Form

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 04:54 PM PDT

    It boggles my mind that Finder STILL does not support a file copy/move queue.

    Maybe I want to transfer 3 files to my NAS and want the first file to be usable on the NAS as soon as possible, but I can't just copy all three at once because then it will slow down File A because of the upload traffic of the other two.

    Maybe I want the option to stop the whole copy/move process of 10 files on an individual basis because I am in a hurry but want to get as many COMPLETE files on my external drive before I really have to leave.
    How can I be expected to just sit there and wait for File A to finish and then manually start the copy process for File B and so on?!

    Initially this was my main reason to switch to Path Finder some 10 years ago, but recently (with Version 8 [and Mojave Dark Mode issues]) Path Finder just isn't usable anymore - at least in my opinion. So until they get their shit together I am back to stock Finder.
    And sure, I can use cp, but that's just a hassle to open up Terminal every time I have to move a couple of files. And I also don't really care for dedicated 3rd party applications to handle this for me. I expect an OS to have a File Management Application that support queueing file operations for gods sake.

    *rant over*

    If you are bothered by this as well, please let Apple know by using the Feedback Form.

    submitted by /u/ducusheKlihE
    [link] [comments]

    Best e-mail client for multiple mailaccounts. (No web-based) ?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:17 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I have for years used Thunderbird to handle my multiple e-mail accounts.

    But last days, I dont love it as much as i did before.

    Do you guys have any tips or alternatives of another e-mail client that could handle multiple email-accounts in a more smart way.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/raynoralpha123
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally deleted the macOS partition.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:07 AM PDT

    I'll make it short. I tried to delete the Linux partition on macOS, but it didn't work. I contemplate it. I don't know why. So I live-boot Manjaro and used Manjaro's partition-er. Now, I deleted the Linux partitions and my macOS partition. What do I do? Will re-installing it fix it? I'm, well, I was, on Sierra. I have a late 2012 iMac. My internet connection is slow. I'm trying to restore it using my backup, but I think it's stuck on "Searching for disks...".

    submitted by /u/icebunny08
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard shortcuts

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:50 PM PDT

    Is there somewhere an option to change them in Mojave?

    submitted by /u/macfan-pl
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage notifications containing Emoji are messed up.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 09:41 AM PDT

    virus on my Mac?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    hey guys, I recently formatted my Mac since I was worried of having a virus on it. I deleted the entire partition (though I still have a bootcamp one) and formatted it with the recent Mojave update. I named my macOS partition "macOS."

    when I started the operation system for the first time, there was a drive on the desktop called "untitled" and it appeared there for a second before disappearing and now I never see it.

    is this normal? anyone experienced something like this before? I'm just fearful of having a virus or malware still since there's a possibility that I had one before formatting my laptop.

    thank you.

    submitted by /u/Rainomon
    [link] [comments]

    upgrade path for 10.6.8 on a mid 2010 MBP

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:21 PM PDT

    • Mid 2010 15 Inch Macbook pro: MacbookPro 6,2 Dual core I5.
    • Current upgrades: 8Gb of ram and a terabyte SSD.

    What version of OSX should I upgrade to? I think I need at least 10.10 to be able to update Google apps like Drive and Chrome. My hardware should technically be able to run everything up to Mojave, but I'm looking for what will give me the right balance of Stability and convenience.

    What version of OSX would be the best for my geriatric laptop?

    Can I go direct from 10.6.8 to the new version or do I need to do incremental OS updates?

    submitted by /u/mrhelio
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Apple Music video is black? Only music.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 12:58 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I tried almost everything, but I just can't play music videos on apple music. I can hear the music, but the video is black. Does anyone have the same problem? I am on Mojave (fresh install) Tried log out of iTunes, re-authorise my mac. Tried to reset PRAM etc... But I still have this problem. Youtube video is fine. Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/davidb_cz
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in Lock Screen with No Password Account

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 12:49 PM PDT

    A few iMacs that I have in my classroom currently use a managed account that has no password. In the past, if someone accidentally locked the screen instead of logging out, we could just press enter and we would exit the lock screen. Ever since upgrading to Mojave, our computers now will not exit the locked screen without a password, even though no password has been set for the account.

    Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried adding a password to the account (lock screen works correctly) and then changing the account to having no password, but the lock screen still literally locks us from getting back into the computer without force rebooting. It seems like removing the Lock Screen option from the menubar is not an easy task either.

    submitted by /u/steinbch
    [link] [comments]

    Does a fresh install wipe other partitions?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:59 AM PDT

    I'm currently dual-booting High Sierra and Ubuntu and would like to fresh install High Sierra (or maybe Mojave). I know doing this in Windows would be the death of my Ubuntu partition, does the same hold for MacOS?

    I'm aware I might have to fix the partition tables, as neither OS speaks the other's file format, but I'm concerned about the actual data loss / wiping of the partition.

    submitted by /u/driedstr
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave Menu bar bug

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:26 PM PDT

    When you return to the main desktop from another space (I don't know their proper name), the menus is sometimes completely transparent. Clicking anywhere on the desktop brings it back to normal though. Anyone seen this?

    submitted by /u/Luna259
    [link] [comments]

    Service Connection Issues after Mojave update

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 09:06 AM PDT

    Specs:

    -Mid 2014 13 inch Macbook Pro

    -Retina Display

    -2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

    -Intel Iris 1536 MB

    I want to be clear up front: I've done extensive troubleshooting online and have found absolutely no success. I've been working on this since I updated weeks ago and am growing increasingly frustrated. This is why I've resorted to posting here. My problem is that I'm entirely unable to connect to iCloud services (and more recently, my gmail account has been unable to load in the Airmail application). While I am unable to connect to gmail, my University email account still works just fine in Airmail.

    Because I can't connect to iCloud, I can't use iTunes, Messages, and a whole slew of other apple applications that I used extensively on my Macbook. Please note that I CAN still browse the internet. The problem is not WiFi connectivity. I can also stream using Spotify and complete downloads from a web browser, so again, WiFi connectivity is not the issue it seems. I have tried changing my iCloud password and pretty much every other basic solution that was presented to no results. Below is a list of applications that I run regularly. If anyone has any information at all on this issue, I would be extremely grateful for their help. I'm truly out of ideas.

    Application List:

    -Express VPN

    -Boom 3D

    -CleanMyMac 3

    -Free version of Alfred

    -Logitech Gaming Software (for a G602 wireless mouse)

    EDIT:I just tried signing out of iCloud services completely and I can't even do that. It requests my password when I click sign out and then presents me with the same connection error as before.

    submitted by /u/ballpoint_peen
    [link] [comments]

    Help with RubyGems

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 03:00 AM PDT

    hi,

    I use homebrew/npm/gems on my system,

    When trying to update gems, I get this:

    Updating installed gems

    Updating did_you_mean

    ERROR: Error installing did_you_mean:

    There are no versions of did_you_mean (= 1.2.1) compatible with your Ruby & RubyGems

    did_you_mean requires Ruby version >= 2.5.0. The current ruby version is 2.3.0.

    I have Ruby installed with Homebrew but I can't link it for some reason.

    Any ideas or am I screwed?

    submitted by /u/john_alan
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get Mac Pages to fill my screen at launch? (NOT full screen mode, I just don't want to resize my window every time I launch.)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:03 AM PDT

    When I launch Mac Pages, I always have to resize the window to make it fill my entire screen. Is there a setting I am missing? I want the window to fill my entire screen. Note: I DO NOT want to launch in full screen mode, I just want the window to fill my screen so that I don't have to resize it every time I launch.

    submitted by /u/jctruereviews
    [link] [comments]

    WTF HAPPENED TO MY MACBOOK

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:26 AM PDT

    Yesterday I was gaming on my laptop a little bit. Nothing too intense just some Minecraft and a few online games.

    This morning I open it up just to find that some really really weird graphical glitch on the screen. I'm not sure whether or not it has to do with software or hardware. Kind of unusable now it's very slow. I'm not sure what to do here someone please help. Attached is a video of what exactly is going on.

    submitted by /u/carguycomputernerd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel