• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 27, 2018

    Apple TV Issues with DC Universe app crashing immediately after launching

    Apple TV Issues with DC Universe app crashing immediately after launching


    Issues with DC Universe app crashing immediately after launching

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 07:35 PM PDT

    Anyone else seeing an issue with the DC Universe app either crashing either immediately or soon after launching? I've tried uninstall/reinstall and still same issue. It was working about a week ago with no issue so this just started happening recently. I've tried the same app on Android TV and it is working fine in same network just to be sure it wasn't an overall DC Universe issue.

    submitted by /u/ScrappyXII
    [link] [comments]

    DLNA?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 11:36 PM PDT

    What's the best app for DLNA?

    submitted by /u/GlitchIT
    [link] [comments]

    BluRays to Apple TV 4 (BD to proper container [lossless, compressed])

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:27 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have many Audio CDs and BluRays.

    I want them to get in my iTunes library and play on Apple TV 4.

    So for Audio I need the M4A-Container.

    For Video MP4 or M4V (M4V is only MP4 with DRM-solution, am I right? So MP4 should fit the best?).

    So with Audio CDs I managed that already:

    1. Rip the CD lossless with proper configurated EAC (Outputs are FLAC).

    2. Put them in the right container: ffmpeg -i input.flac -acodec alac output.m4a

    That was easy.

    But I'm not sure how to do that with my BluRays?

    Maybe get the BDMV folder from the disc with some program.

    Than make some compressed lossless convert to MP4-Container?

    Furthermore some Video-Streams from the BD are AVC some HEVC and some Audio-Streams are DTS some DTS-HD.

    I have the Apple TV 4 (not 4K) [my BluRays are all 1080p].

    So from the Apple-page:

    Video:

    HEVC SDR up to 1080p, 30 fps, Main/Main 10 profile H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 fps, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats 

    Audio:

    HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1) and E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) 

    So I think I need to transcode some streams and I am not able to take them lossless to the new container, am I right?

    That would be bad because it would mean a loss in quality.

    Can you help me with some ffmpeg commands or ideas that give me the best quality (size doesn't matter)?

    Similar to what I have done with my Audio CDs.

    Best regards,

    FLX90

    submitted by /u/FLX90
    [link] [comments]

    Australian App store category list very limited - can I get around this?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 10:02 PM PDT

    The Categories list on the Australian App Store is limited to Games, Entertainment, Kids, Education, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness.

    However I know there are other categories as I have them listed in my Purchased Apps list (e.g. Utilities, News etc.).

    Is there any way to show the full list of categories, or is the list restricted based on country and there is no way around it?

    Just browsing through the existing categories I can no longer find some of the apps I've downloaded like Streaks Workout (in Health & Fitness) or the WWDC app (anywhere!)

    The app store as presented just has so few apps in it I feel I must be overlooking something...

    submitted by /u/SirDale
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple TV keeps dropping internet connection

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 08:21 AM PDT

    About once every 15-20 minutes while I am watching my Apple TV I get a notification in the top of the screen saying that it has lost connection with the internet. It usually comes back quickly enough not to actually affect anything I am doing but occasionally it stays disconnected long enough for video playback to stop.

    I don't think this is an issue with my Wi-Fi set up as there are other devices connected to the same network that never lose connection. The router is in the same room as the Apple TV with a direct line of sight.

    This only started happening about 6 months ago.

    Has this happened to anybody else? If so, did you find a solution.

    submitted by /u/irich
    [link] [comments]

    Still getting elevated black levels from Dolby Vision

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 09:52 PM PDT

    I have a G6 OLED. Both the TV and the ATV4k are up to date on their firmware. While watching Ozark Season 2 I noticed a lot of gray compression and elevated blacks in the black bars outside the picture. I thought Apple had solved the Dolby Vision problem. I guess I was wrong? Anyone else still getting this?

    submitted by /u/theod4re
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Apple TV 4K & HomePod specifically when using Netflix

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 06:16 AM PDT

    Whenever the "skip intro" button appears, either it gets skipped automatically or it switches the audio from my HomePod to my projector's speakers (which are awful) ONLY when the "skip intro " button is shown. As soon as the skip intro button goes away it redirects the audio output to the HomePod.

    Similar thing happens when the "play next episode" button appears when you've finished an episode.

    Has anyone had the same experience?

    submitted by /u/Crispy_Kleina
    [link] [comments]

    if I use my TV's own remote to turn off the TV, I can't turn the TV on again using the Apple TV 4k remote?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 05:39 AM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out if there's something wrong with how I'm connecting or controlling my TV and Apple TV 4k.

    I can always turn the TV on or off by using the Apple TV 4k's remote.

    However, if I use my TV's own remote to turn off the TV, I can't turn the TV on again using the Apple TV 4k remote.

    I have to turn the TV on again by using the TV's own remote... after that, I can turn the TV off and on again using the Apple TV 4k's remote... Is that how it's supposed to behave?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/VeggieLion
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriends internet speed is 'slow'...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    does it make sense to buy the Apple tv 4k or Apple tv 4th gen?

    submitted by /u/jonathanpapz
    [link] [comments]

    Just want to rant a bit about Apple TV 4K and the Youtube App

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    I've had the 3rd gen Apple TV for years and this week on my birthday, I finally decided to put my gifted money to good use and upgrade to the ATV 4K.

    The next day I returned it.

    I really watch a lot of Youtube on my ATV and the app is such garbage I couldn't do it. It doesn't even give me the option to "resume" or "start from beginning" when I replay a video. Scrolling through a videos timeline is a joke, there's no easy way to just start from the beginning.

    The layout is horrendous I'm sure you've seen. I hate playing a video and having the whole menu layout hover over the video for a few seconds before disappearing.

    Finally scrolling through a long playlist is a total joke. The new remote has no button that allows you to hold down right or light to autoscroll quickly. It's just swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe. Just terrible.

    I'm sure there's a bunch of workarounds and maybe some fixes, an alt remote or hacked version of youtube or something.

    Wtvr. I'm sticking with my years old Apple TV 3. Youtube is just fine on it. What a wasted opportunity to make improvements on the new one.

    submitted by /u/hellsfoxes
    [link] [comments]

    Catch me up on what’s new with the Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 12:50 PM PDT

    I sold my Apple TV a month or two before airplay 2 became available and switched back to Chromecast.

    I kind of want to switch back to an Apple TV to use my HomePod as a sound bar, my room is small enough that the lower volume from TV content won't affect the experience much.

    What's new now?

    Have they made any better updates to airplay where I can cast things from my phone to the TV much like chromecast?

    submitted by /u/lolwutdo
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] ATV blinks ARC when not making sound!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 05:21 AM PDT

    Hello world. I have a little issue. I just bought a Philips Zenit 5.1 (firmware updated) system to replace a 2.0 sound bar. TV is a Vizio E55-E2 (firmware updated).

    Here's how I have it set up:

    TV > HDMI (ARC/4K) > Receiver > Apple TV (4th Gen) + TV > HDMI (Best) > STB

    So, cable works great. Picked up Dolby right away from ARC and got volume control... no issues there.

    It's when I switch to the Apple TV that problems start to appear. CEC is picked up and the sound bar changes automatically to HDMI-In on the receiver.

    I get sound for the first 2-4 sec, but the problem is that when there is no sound being output by the ATV, the sound bar changes back to ARC from HDMI-In, therefore losing video signal. Then "ARC "starts blinking on the sound bar, until I manually change it to HDMI-In, which then stays HDMI-In. After that everything works perfectly.

    I have done a factory reset to everything, handshakes and whatnots. All my cables are 4K/HDR capable.

    I can plug in the ATV to a different HDMI (Best) port, but the same thing happens with the blinking ARC when no sound is being made. The only difference is that I not lose video in this mode.

    My TV is set to output Bitstream, CEC enabled and speakers are off.

    ATV has forced 5.1 Dolby channel in the settings.

    I might just go the optical route.

    Anyone ever encountered this issue? I really need to pick your brains!!!

    submitted by /u/FancyLiar
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel