• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 24, 2018

    macOS Didn't know Finder had this view.. don't know what I pressed either

    macOS Didn't know Finder had this view.. don't know what I pressed either


    Didn't know Finder had this view.. don't know what I pressed either

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    Loving Mojave!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 05:47 AM PDT

    I installed Eset Cyber Security to my Mac and it detected affected files so I hit the clean button and quarantined. Now if I deleted my anti-virus program would the virus come back?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:49 AM PDT

    Add email to reminders

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:41 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I've been using Outlook for iOS, but the integration into my daily workflow doesn't add up. I really loved the apps ability to filter out the importance of emails, as well as a way to schedule when to answer emails. I've been searching for addons or expansions for Apple Mail that could help out with some of this, but to no avail. I think at least it should be possible to add an email to a reminder with a simple tap. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/HanSolosTailor
    [link] [comments]

    Trash items keep appearing after I delete them

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:41 PM PDT

    I delete my trash can but after like 10 seconds, the same items keep appearing in the trash can.

    I've started my mac in safe mode and tried to delete them. No luck. I've also tried repairing the disk. No luck. Any suggestions? I rather not wipe clean.

    submitted by /u/drshnpatel
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave 10.14.1 Beta 5 (18B73a) is out!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    Help! 679 GB of System files??? O.o ?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:57 AM PDT

    I keep getting "completing installation" message after startup.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:37 PM PDT

    I updated to 10.13.6 a MBP 2017 and now when I restart the machine I keep gettin a message that installation is completing and it takes a long time to start up. I reinstalled the update and repaired permission but I still get the message. Anyone with the same problem? How did you solve it?

    submitted by /u/cariboobs
    [link] [comments]

    Potentially APFS corrupted disk

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if it's HFS+ or APFS, but I was given a drive that stopped mounting on my friend's Mac which means she has data she needs back.
    My normal set of data recovery tools are having a serious bit of trouble scanning the drive/figuring out what is on it.
    Or the drive has taken a nosedive and is really dying (which is ok, annoying but ok)
    SMART stats noted a long read time/bad blocks found, and both Windows and Mac want to initialize the disk, but the time it takes to read-in and attempt to mount is feeling very suspicious.

    Any tips on your favorite lost partition tools for this kind of thing?

    submitted by /u/techtornado
    [link] [comments]

    On latest Mojave build—MS Office 365 apps slow to launch

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:02 PM PDT

    Whenever I try to launch an MS Office app, it takes 20-30 seconds to load. All I get is a bouncing icon on the dock. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office already. Not sure what else to do/try

    submitted by /u/rynezuzi
    [link] [comments]

    Can't activate wifi since Mojave update

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:18 PM PDT

    Hi, I've upgraded my Mid-2012 Macbook Pro to Mojave and now I can't activate wifi. The option is greyed out in the settings. It's not an issue with wifi in the house, everything else is working fine... Anyone else had that issue?

    submitted by /u/sebcool20
    [link] [comments]

    Using FaceTime on macOS Mojave to make calls via your iPhone

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    Am I the only one who cannot call using Facetime + iPhone on their latest Mac? Receiving calls works perfectly fine – my phone rings and a notification on my Mac pops up as well. Attempting to call is a completely different story: "Call Failed." The things that are supposed to work "just like that" more often than not don't these days when it comes to Apple 😒

    submitted by /u/IncomprehensibleMess
    [link] [comments]

    Clean installing Mojave on MacBook Pro 2017 worth it?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:50 PM PDT

    So I bought the MacBook on release date and updated and used beta's of High sierra and Mojave and currently running Mojave. Do you guys think it worth to do a clean install of the OS and make it snappier? And if you recommend it, how is the best way to restore data, settings and apps without copy-ing old junk back to the fresh OS > Time Machine or manually?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/timvdhoorn
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Photos not compatible with APFS Encrypted? (Mojave, SSD=APFS Encrypted)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:53 AM PDT

    What exactly are disk image (.dmg) files?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:15 PM PDT

    I'm relatively new to the Apple ecosystem (about a year with my first MacBook) yet I still haven't fully grasped the concept of "disk image" files that appear after I download a third party app from the internet. I just end up moving them to the trash but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

    What is their purpose, and what should I do with them after I'm done installing the program?

    submitted by /u/SkidTrac
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave = Frozen Finder?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:09 PM PDT

    I thought it was supposed to be hot in the desert! (ba boom ching)

    The Finder on my 2015 MBP freezes after a minute of use since upgrading to Mojave. Have to force quit and then it usually won't relaunch, and need to restart. I AM LOSING IT. None of the quick fixes I've come across are working (freeing up some space, deleting Finder preferences file). Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Hypabetical
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking with Apple Watch with external displays?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:08 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I get a message on my MacBook Pro 15" that it can't unlock with my Apple Watch while presenting to another screen... I have two external monitors connected via DisplayLink.

    Any reason why there is this limitation or any way to make it work?

    Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/iamtripix
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded to Mojave two days ago. Airdrop doesn't work, MBP thinks I press the spacebar twice

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    So I Just upgraded to Mojave recently and noticed that my MacBook Pro (late 2017) can neither receive nor send files anymore via airdrop.

    On top of that, while I'm typing, I've also noticed that it starts adding periods randomly when I press the spacebar a single time sometimes (because of the double spacebar press feature). Does anyone happen to have the same issues? I tried scouring online for info, but couldn't find anything. I'm wondering if it's worth getting a Genius Bar appointment since I use Airdrop pretty frequently between my devices

    submitted by /u/Afzari
    [link] [comments]

    About to lose it (Mojave kills 5ghz wifi)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:18 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    So during the last years I've been moving away from everything Apple. The stability and user focused ideas feels kind of lost, and every session feels like I have something to fix. Honestly my Linux Arch computer is waaaay less work than my MacBook Pro Retina 2.8 GHz Mid 2014.

    Two days ago however, I thought that I'd give Mojave a try. After a clean installation everything first worked fine, but soon things started to get messed up. First the wifi would not be able to connect to any network. After several reboots (pram/nvram resets + smc included) I was able to connect to my 2.4ghz band on my Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 but with really poor speeds. After a second clean reinstall and a fixed 5ghz channel set on the Wifi I was briefly able to connect to it, but the next time I used the computer the problem came back. Also: every other device in my house is able to connect so the issue is clearly with Mojave. No reason for the wifi not being able to connect is being posted, and Wifi Diagnostics isn't giving me anything.

    Here is some stuff that I've done:

    1. Rebooted everything (Mac, nvram/pvram, smc, router and so on).
    2. Deleted network pref files in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/.
    3. Created new network profile in network settings.
    4. Changed both bands on the router to every single fixed frequency.
    5. Changed DNS both on router and on Mac to Google Public DNS.
    6. Changed ip6 on Mac from automatic to link only.
    7. Changed SSID on Router.
    8. Deleted saved network, tried to reconnect.
    9. Apple Hardware check.
    10. Apple Recovery mode -> check permissions and so on.

    One possible reason for the issue is the wifi getting the wrong country code (one error is possible cc conflict). I live in student housing and am surrounded by routers with other cc's than my own. This however has never been an issue until Mojave. I can follow the cc being changed (mostly between SE, CH, X3, FR, GB and GR), but this should really not mess up the connection since my router has cc EU.

    Honestly, what to do? I'm comfortable with the terminal and changing the cc of a network card is really easy in Linux. In OSX I've seen some people changing binary code which feels both insecure and the examples does not include my required cc.

    submitted by /u/InsurrectionalAid
    [link] [comments]

    Login bar stuck (MBP Early2015; Mojave)

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:26 AM PDT

    Hi, I have the latest stable of Mojave (I'm not in beta program). Yesterday a weird thing occurred. When I tried to log in to my account (the only account on my MBP) login bar got to its half and it stopped. Then very very slowly got to the end of it and stucked. Nothing happened for the next 25mins so I restarted it. It didn't work. After roughly 2 hours of rebooting I finally was able to log in. Have you encountered a problem like this ? Before that Mac was shutdown normally. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/mr_yoshi
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Audio Interference When Magic Mouse Connected - High Sierra 10.13.6

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:39 AM PDT

    TL;DR: No issues when I connect my Bose headphones to stream audio, but when I connect my Magic Mouse I get massive amounts of stuttering and interference. Only happened when upgraded to High Sierra. Unable to upgrade to Mojave.

    Hardware Being Used:

    • Macbook Pro 13 Early 2015

    • Bose QC35

    • Magic Mouse

    • Magic Keyboard

    Software Being Used:

    • Amazon Chime

    • Spotify

    • FaceTime

    Issue:

    When I connect my headphones to the laptop, I can hear the audio with no issues. However, when I connect my mouse, the audio stutters horribly and becomes unbearable. I use my headphones for work calls and sharing presentations so this is quite a problem. This has only happened since I upgraded to High Sierra. The main problem is that I cannot upgrade to Mojave for a few months until I have the OS approved by the company IT.

    Are there any fixes for this?

    submitted by /u/justanotherf1fan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel