• Breaking News

    Monday, October 29, 2018

    iPhone Microphone and some audio not working.

    iPhone Microphone and some audio not working.


    Microphone and some audio not working.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:27 PM PDT

    I can listen to music, but I can't listen or record voices. Neither talk on the phone, and the speaker option appears faded. Suddenly this morning this happened and even after resetting a few times it doesn't get fixed. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/pineappleyard
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 data recovery

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:19 PM PDT

    Hello! So about a week ago, my iPhone 8 logic board gave out. I sent it off to get fixed and just got it back today. Unfortunately, when I went to restore my iPhone via iCloud, it said there was no data. I tried connecting it to iTunes and the only available backup was from 2017.

    I contacted Apple Support and the service rep told me that my backups in the past probably failed and suggested I use a data recovery service. I'm looking at these services and they seem super expensive! Is there a cheaper or better way to recover all of my texts and pictures?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/introvertiowan
    [link] [comments]

    3D touch doesn't open full message from message preview after update

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:37 PM PDT

    I used to be able to use 3D touch to open the message when it pops up on the lock screen, however with the most recent iOS update there's no functionality to do this, or other way to touch through to the app displaying the notification.

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/qartas
    [link] [comments]

    iOS photos shows ‘blank’ thumbnails for pictires

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 11:14 AM PDT

    As the title says, images only show a blank thumbnail when scrolling through them. I can't send the photos either, it's like the data is gone but my phone knows something is there. I haven't deleted the photos, they should be there.

    Image is as follows

    Edit: for those who may stumble onto this post, I did some more digging on my own. I was confused as to why these wouldn't show up, even on my laptop on iCloud.com (where I figured it should easily pull data from servers). I ended up deleting all photos from the iOS photos app, and re-downloading them directly from the Google Photos iOS app, in increments of about 50 in case there was an error of some sort.

    It was be fairly painstaking (as I had 500ish photos) and may not be an option for those that have several thousand. When I originally downloaded the photos from google, I used google archives. I think that there was some loss of data in the compression on google's servers to the un-compression of the zip folder on my laptop, which is where the photos went missing.

    Now, I can view every photo directly after having downloaded them.

    submitted by /u/go-fireworks
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s Plus thinks my headphones are always in???

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    Hey,
    Tried cleaning it, drying it, rebooting it, toothpicks, q-tips etc...

    nothing works

    Does apple store do these fixes? (apple canada)?

    Any idea how much a 3rd party would charge? Thanks

    submitted by /u/crocp
    [link] [comments]

    Face ID not working on iPhone XS Max

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    I got my XS Max a few weeks ago, and Face ID has been working wonderfully until maybe yesterday or this morning. So, when I just tried to start over and reset my Face ID, I got a message saying "Face ID is not available. Try setting up Face ID later."

    Anyone know how I can fix this, or what went wrong?

    submitted by /u/julphi
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone gaming and battery management advice

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 02:32 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been hearing a lot of different opinions on this.

    Lately I've been using my iPhone a lot for gaming. And the "worst" thing about these idle games is you can leave them running, screen on and everything, do something else and occasionally shift your focus back to the game. But throughout all this time it's been there using screen time and battery.

    To avoid this issue I keep the phone plugged in with a usb charger (connected to an iMac if it matters). My battery health status thingie is at 80.

    Question #1: Is the iPhone (6s) due to a battery replacement?

    Question #2: Is it a bad practice to keep the phone plugged in throughout most of the day?

    Thanks :-)

    submitted by /u/Thaenor
    [link] [comments]

    App over 150mb

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:30 AM PDT

    as the title says its annoying for me not to update other apps that are 150mb up is there any bypass here ?

    submitted by /u/Sh4ws
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with late whatsapp notifications since getting new iphone XS

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:03 AM PDT

    I recently upgraded from an iphone 7 to an iphone XS max and everything is fantastic, very happy with my purchase. However, i'm noticing that sometimes when i open my Whatsapp i'll see a few messages that i've not been notified about that can sometimes be up to half an hour old. Also ill occasionally get no notifications from a group chat and then suddenly receive about 30 or so message notifications all come through at once where my friends have been chatting away without me knowing anyone was talking. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, but it happens a lot more frequently than id like and is very inconvenient in certain situations. Any help on how i can fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/andy_226
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t open video.. help

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:57 AM PDT

    Hi guys! So, i got a video from a friend and trying to download it on my iphone. I get this wierd error.. any idea what i can do? 😔

    The error say: gx01041429-10-2018-12/07/26-446109+0100 Mpeg-4-film

    submitted by /u/fitxenan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7/iOS 12.1 volume display bug

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 12:42 AM PDT

    First time poster here. I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 12.1 12.0.1. I use AirPods and have generally enjoyed the experience except for one thing. I sleep next to my significant other, so I use AirPods to listen to media at night. When I'm done with my AirPods, I'll put them back in the case, and swipe the control center up, and drag the volume meter down. This only works about 50% of the time, and sometimes my phone will blast the next video I scroll past on maximum volume, even though I supposedly turned it all the way down. This has been an issue for several versions of iOS now, and it keeps waking up my significant other late at night. Is there a fix? Is this something Apple knows about? I'm kind of at a loss here, because it feels like a 50/50 chance that the volume control will actually work.

    TLDR; iPhone volume displays itself as muted, next piece of media to play blasts at full volume, while still displaying as muted. How do I stop it, and does apple know this is a thing?

    submitted by /u/EmpoweredRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel