• Breaking News

    Monday, October 29, 2018

    Apple Help Any way to silence all calls from people not in contacts?

    Apple Help Any way to silence all calls from people not in contacts?


    Any way to silence all calls from people not in contacts?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    I get lots of bogus phone calls, like I'm sure many of you do. Is there a way to either silence the rings for numbers who aren't in my contacts, or to just send them directly to voicemail, but keep my normal ring for my contacts? Keep in mind that I have 2000+ contacts, so adding a distinct ring to each of them is not a viable option for me.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/josephlucas
    [link] [comments]

    Transcribed voicemail automatically sent to “Deleted Messages” folder

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    I have an odd problem where for the past month, voicemails are automatically transcribed and then sent to "Deleted Messages ."

    When the voicemail is new, it shows up in my voicemail section. It then transcribes and when it's done, it disappears and I find it in "Deleted Messages."

    I called AT&T, my carrier and they claimed it was an Apple problem. I called Apple and they said it is a carrier problem. So I called AT&T again and they "escalated" it. I got a text from them saying : "AT&T Free MSG: We were unable to identify any network related issues. Thank you for choosing AT&T!"

    Any ideas what's going on and how to fix this problem?

    submitted by /u/jamsong
    [link] [comments]

    tethering multiple devices to share lan connection

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:56 PM PDT

    Hello. We are working on a method to provide mapping services for a major mobile game. In order to do that we are using multiple iphones which then send their scan results to a server which creates a large map. However we have hit sort of a roadblock which I hope some pro here can help us with. I ll try to explain the problem in short:

    • Since we have so many phones on the same network in a confined space, our wifi network is getting bogged down.
    • We are trying to resolve this by directly connecting the phones to the computers with USB hubs.
    • The USB hubs charge the phones and allow for many USB ports to a single computer.
    • We are using MacOS High Sierra. In the share settings, we are able to share internet to phones over USB. This allows us to have all of the phones on a wired connection that is stable, rather than a wifi connection.
    • At first, we were only able to get the computers to give internet access to 8 phones at once. The computers were able to identify 9 phones plugged in at once.
    • We found out that by using a non-powered USB hub and then plugging our powered USB hubs into that hub, we are able to get the computer to identify as many phones at a time as we want. However, this makes it so that only 7 phones can get internet simultaneously instead of the 8 we previously had.
    • We want to figure out how we can get both 20 phones to be recognized by the computer AND have all 20 phones have internet through USB tethering from the computer at the same time.

    Thank you for reading - any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/dkvm
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing an older iMac desktop!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:44 PM PDT

    Need to buy a Mac desktop but I've only ever had PCs so I'm not exactly sure which one to get. I need to work on music on it and my girlfriend needs it for photography. We don't need the newest models and are looking as far back as 2013 models. We need it to do work so no fancy features or anything needed just a good solid machine to get stuff done. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sonicerj
    [link] [comments]

    Restored iPad Air 1 - still 5GB of storage

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:42 PM PDT

    My kid has an iPad Air 1 - I just did a full restore as "other" was getting quite big. Load it up and there's 5GB showing in "system" - iPad is only 16GB so this is taking up quite a bit of space. Anyone know what would be causing this?

    submitted by /u/Abevigodaschoda
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud approval problems--will it affect setting up new iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:16 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7 and I am getting an iPhone 8 tomorrow. I have had a problem with my iCloud not being able to approve from one device to the other, but it's set up on both devices and I have successfully backed up my phone multiple times. I am wondering if this will affect my ability to set up my new phone from my iPhone 7 backup. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/confectiousness
    [link] [comments]

    why aren't my voice memos showing up on my computer?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:13 PM PDT

    i have over 400 voice memos saved on my iphone, i have them set to back up on icloud but they aren't showing up on the voice memos desktop app for some reason

    submitted by /u/Chickenwomp
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro paired with two bluetooth keyboards - will only attempt at login screen to connect to last connected keyboard

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:54 PM PDT

    I use two bluetooth keyboards with my MacBook Pro - one at home and the other at the office. I use my MacBook Pro in clamshell mode with an external monitor. When I get home I want to be able to press the power button, close it, dock it, and use the bluetooth keyboard to login. However, I have noticed that the MacBook Pro will only attempt to connect to the bluetooth keyboard that was last connected. Invariably when I get home this will be the office keyboard.

    My question is this: is there anyway to force the computer at startup to cycle through the different bluetooth keyboards that are paired with it if it is not successful in connecting with the last-connected keyboard in X seconds?

    MacBook Pro mid-2012 unibody running MacOS 10.13.6. Both my keyboards are Logitech K811 but I also have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and the behaviour is the same. Thanks in advance for your help!

    submitted by /u/ar-eh
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] [iOS] Possible to block ads while using a VPN?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 04:54 PM PDT

    The ad blockers I've found for iOS filter out ads by using a local VPN. Is this the only way of blocking ads system wide on iOS?

    Is there any way to use a real VPN whilst still blocking ads?

    I realise there a methods to block ads in Safari while using a VPN but I'd like the ad blocking to be system wide.

    submitted by /u/SkidiKatKat
    [link] [comments]

    facebook badge doesn't match actual notifications

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 04:45 PM PDT

    for example, it may show 20 on the badge. when i open it, it will change to just 2 in the app. what's going on?

    submitted by /u/defjamblaster
    [link] [comments]

    Why won't iTunes load all of my songs to my iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 10:45 AM PDT

    So I have a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 8+. I have a problem what it won't load all of my songs. This includes songs that I ripped from store bought CD. I'v tried over and over again and can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Dennevyn
    [link] [comments]

    Low Power Mode turned itself on for the first time...ever?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:13 PM PDT

    Something very odd happened earlier. Once my battery percentage dropped to 10%, I noticed that low power mode turned itself on. Now, I've heard of low power mode turning itself /off/ before, but never on. And what makes this stranger is that my phone has literally never done this before. Is this a new feature, or a weird bug?

    I have the 6 plus. I'm not certain what my IOS is, but I know it was the newest IOS around November 2017. So, yeah, it's been a while since I've updated, which is why I'm confused about this suddenly happening.

    submitted by /u/Trashykawa
    [link] [comments]

    27 Imac retina 5k screen

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    I recently cracked the screen on my Imac, what are my repair options?

    submitted by /u/NewInvestment4
    [link] [comments]

    How to control volume on Apple TV using iPhone?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 04:18 PM PDT

    you can use iphone as a virtual remote for apple, but I can't seem to find out how to control the volume. any ideas?

    submitted by /u/nginparis
    [link] [comments]

    What should I do if I forgot my Screen Time Passcode?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:50 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone SE 32 GB on iOS 12.0.1 and I have forgotten my Screen Time Passcode. I want to know what are my options for this problem.

    submitted by /u/GhoulGaribay
    [link] [comments]

    Unusually fast battery drain?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    I've had my phone for two weeks and the battery health has dropped to 99%. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Cessium137
    [link] [comments]

    VRAM Leak on Mojave? 2018 15' Macbook Pro 560x

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:35 PM PDT

    So I've been running the Mojave beta on my MacBook Pro 15 2018 the since July and been accepting that there's issues with beta software as dark mode is something seriously hard to leave. But now that were technically out of beta, how's Mojave with your guys machines? Specifically I have a VRAM leakage that never occurred in High Sierra but with Mojave, the rp560x VRAM is always full and a complete reinstall doesn't fix the issue and can't tell from other's if this is a common issue or a me problem.

    Any help is much appreciated

    Specs:

    - 2018 15 MacBook Pro rp560x 4gb

    - omen accelerator

    - dual 4k monitors

    - rx580

    submitted by /u/dracoflar
    [link] [comments]

    Static sound when using AirPods?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:41 PM PDT

    I got a pair of brand new airpods today and whenever I play any sort of sound through them a sort of static/buzzing sounds starts to sound for ~6 seconds and then stops if I pause the music/sound. Why is this happening/is it a normal problem?

    submitted by /u/redstrik
    [link] [comments]

    2012 Macbook Pro - Battery Undetected; SMC Reset not working

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:18 PM PDT

    Hi!

    My 2012 MBP battery is undetected by Coconut Battery and seems to not work as well. My laptop shuts down (or is unable to boot up) unless connected thru the magsafe power adapter. SMC resets used to fixed this problem, but recently for SMC resets don't seem to be registered by my device anymore. I read that I might need to drain and re-fill the battery, but I'm not sure how to tell if my battery is drained/filled because the light on the Magsafe is always at green.

    What are my options? Would prefer to have the battery replaced as a last resort only, unless I can do that myself?

    Additional MBP details:
    Replaced faulty RAM maybe 2 years ago, running 2x8gb sticks now
    Replaced HDD to SSD early this year
    Running Sierra OSX

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Paolarbear
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Booting Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15"

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 10:30 AM PDT

    My Macbook is getting the blue screen of death when trying to boot. The issue is that I just installed an ssd into the computer so I can't boot it into recovery mode. It was still getting the blue screen with the old hard drive. I'm thinking about installing the old hard drive so I can at least try to boot it into recovery mode so I can then install my new ssd and use my boot drive. Any suggestions or tips would really help I'm not very familiar with this sort of stuff. Feel free to ask any questions if it will help solve my issue.

    submitted by /u/tyjenks3632
    [link] [comments]

    Claiming insurance on my macbook

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:11 PM PDT

    So I get insurance with my uni accommodation, and I just fried my macbook. I was wondering when I make a claim, do Apple have logs of service with my serial number? Do they get contacted by insurance companies and have to give info on apple appointments or are they not allowed to do that?

    submitted by /u/seraphia17
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube premium stops downloading when you close app or put phone to sleep

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 12:11 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just got the iPhone XS. It's my first iPhone coming from Android. I have YouTube premium and I download a lot of videos for offline play when I'm at home. But it seems like I have to be constantly watching a video because if I close the app or lock the screen it stops downloading. Is there anyway to change he that? Thanks in advance for any help that is given.

    submitted by /u/Zman93
    [link] [comments]

    What does iOS collect automatically in terms of location data?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:42 AM PDT

    So... Let me give a little background on my question. I usually use Apple Maps (even though Google Maps is much better in Poland). I mainly force myself to use Apple Maps because I hope that by using it I am improving it (although I don't see it that much to be honest).

    I have all those Improve Maps, routing traffic options enabled in iOS Privacy tab.

    So then comes my question, if I use Google Maps will iOS still collect the location-driving data and use it to improve Apple Maps?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/silvetti
    [link] [comments]

    Help with disabling location on video before uploading.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    Mac Question for future reference

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    Last week, I was prompted that Mojave was available for download on my Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 15". The download went just as expected - strode right through the install process and then the "barred circle" saying, "Hey, bro - ain't no getting in here" popped up. Wack as hell... I was legitimately pissed... Since I started using a MacBook a while back, going back to Windows pains me...

    I rebooted a few times, tried command + R, option, shift, r, etc.... Nothing doing. First Aid on the OS drive (320Gb SSD) showed an issue with the partition table that "could not be repaired." I tried everything I knew to do - made multiple bootable USB drives (can't use optical as a 1Tb SSD took the DVD drive's place), attempted repairs "from Recovery" and even tried network recovery - no dice.

    Finally, after pulling the little hair that I have left out, I gave up the ghost. I wiped the entire disk & reloaded Lion. (Yes... Lion.) Incrementally, I was able to upgrade from there by grabbing a copy of El Captain, then up to Mojave from the App Store and I'm pleased to say that I've just booted the new OS successfully for the first time. Might not seem like much to some, but to a PC guy who became a Mac fan a few years ago, this has been quite the accomplishment for me.

    How often do botched OS upgrades cause failures like this?

    submitted by /u/BobFkinStrauss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel