• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 28, 2018

    iPhone Join us on Discord for the upcoming Apple Event!

    iPhone Join us on Discord for the upcoming Apple Event!


    Join us on Discord for the upcoming Apple Event!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    Join us on our official Discord server for the October 30th Apple Event!

    LINK: https://discord.gg/iphone

    We'll have special discussion channels during the event, including device-specific channels depending on what Apple releases.


    EVENT INFORMATION

    Tuesday October 30, 2018

    10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (EST)

    Brooklyn Academy of Music, Howard Gilman Opera House.

    123 Flatbush Avenue [Brooklyn, NY 11217-1483]

    submitted by /u/MonsieurTank
    [link] [comments]

    I think I got the high score for screen time

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:34 AM PDT

    The display on the XR is fine

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 03:46 AM PDT

    I moved from the Galaxy S8 to the XR today and I am impressed. I really thought adjusting to the LCD from the Samsung OLED would be tough but I can't even complain. Yes, it's less sharp when you look at it really close (why you would do that? Idk) you can see a difference, but if you hold your phone like a regular person (like everyone else) it's not even an issue, it's sharp for the regular person. The panel is great and viewing angels are good. The benefit of this display? The battery life on the XR is phenomenal. I haven't found an issue yet with this phone. If anyone on this sub is specifically thinking about switching from a recent Galaxy to the XR, I'd say do it. It's a great all around device. I'm going to post my full 24hr review tomorrow!

    Edit: spelling

    submitted by /u/bhargom
    [link] [comments]

    Many people asked to see the matte back protector in different lighting angles for the gold iPhone Xs, here you go!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    iPhone XR, 48 hours later!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 02:34 AM PDT

    Just wanted to post some of my thoughts about this phone since this sub seems divided between people who love it or hate it.

    So I've been using it for 48 hours now and I came from a number of different phones in the past couple of months that include a Galaxy Note 9 (trash battery, too big) iPhone 8 (screen too small) and the iPhone 8 Plus (phone itself just too massive)

    Thankfully I am here to say I don't have any negative things to say about it and hope as I continue using it there won't be.

    Positives -

    Battery life, seriously if you really care about battery life this is the phone for you. I'm going to bed at night with 40-60 percent with pretty heavy use. This could quite possibly be the first phone I have owned with a real two day battery.

    Camera, I feel like apple didn't advertise the new cameras enough this year, they are really incredible and if I compare it to my girlfriends 8 plus even then it's a big difference. If you need the zoom secondary camera then this isn't for you, personally I never use zoom so it didn't bother me.

    Screen, okay after preorder I was getting worried because the hate was real on this sub about the screen, it seems too many of you watch unbox therapy. The screen is a fantastic looking panel and you will not notice a difference unless you have a microscope. I have used QHD amoled panels and I am still impressed with this screen. Saying that I would have preferred apple to have used a 1080p for numbers sake but still. People need to stop crying about it, it's really not a deal breaker.

    Build and colour, I chose the black, I always choose black because I can get any case I want without worrying if it will go or not, plus it's sleek and uniform. The build is fantastic as you would expect from apple, heavier than I expected, in a good way. I love the new black colour, the aluminium band is matte black rather than space grey.

    That's about it. Just wanted to share my thoughts after actually owning it for 48hours. Too many people are jumping on the screen bandwagon and grabbing pitchforks. I understand the frustration of apple not using a 1080p panel but unless you have actually used this phone and looked at this screen you won't understand that it's actually a great looking screen. Resolution is not the deciding factor in a great screen.

    submitted by /u/poopinglego
    [link] [comments]

    Gee, I miss 3D Touch.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:47 AM PDT

    My previous iPhone was an iPhone 6s 16GB.

    Since then I've been through a couple more Android phones, and now I've come back.

    I went out to get a good deal on a used iPhone 6s Plus 128GB. Or so thought. Previous owner definitely not a phone person, had no idea they'd advertised it wrong.

    I've now got a really good deal on an iPhone 6 Plus. From 2014. Yay.

    But, this is actually really good. My first big iPhone. Runs just as well, has more storage, gets better battery (especially since I went and got the battery replaced straight away).

    Except, one thing is missing: 3D Touch. Wow. When it came out I thought it was niche as hell. Then I used it. It grew on me. It became a habit, a part of using iOS.

    Today I went to go and quick reply on a message in my notifications. Went to try and press down on it. Nope.

    Seriously, 3D Touch is severely underrated. Why no one else has done something similar bothers me.

    (Mods: delete if not allowed)

    Edit: and Tapic Engine. That makes a huge difference to the experience too.

    submitted by /u/aidenh37
    [link] [comments]

    If you're on an iPhone X/XS, try Safari's reader mode with the black background set

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 03:45 AM PDT

    Reader mode is at the top left of the Safari UI, and then there's a button on the top right to change the background to black. I love reading this way on the newer displays.

    submitted by /u/refine_and_refine
    [link] [comments]

    Needless to say, I made quite the upgrade today

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 05:42 PM PDT

    Wondering why 5 days are missing

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 06:41 AM PDT

    My lock screen

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:51 AM PDT

    Two years of not using a case. Only cracked the screen once and that was due to a motorcycle accident. 10/10 caseless experience.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 02:20 PM PDT

    Apple is keeping up with the hip & cool messaging apps

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:21 AM PDT

    iPhone X after a year gets very hot when charging while running Maps.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    So the weather has been warm here in Southern California and I can understand for my phone to get very hot if it was in the sun on a 100°F day. But in an air conditioned car on an 80°F day plugged in with Maps running causes it to get so hot that the screen dims multiple levels and it feels extremely hot to the touch. I'm forced to switch it into low power mode to let it cool down.

    I assume this isn't normal. I've had almost every other iPhone and putting it in my car mount, plugged in and running Maps didn't cause this behaviour at all.

    My current battery health maximum capacity says it's at 90% and is in Peak Performance.

    submitted by /u/esotericsean
    [link] [comments]

    Quick iPhone Xs Review After a Month

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:30 AM PDT

    Hey all - yes, yet another review but I thought I'd throw it out here. I've had iPhones before but lately had been running Android. I'm coming from a Galaxy S8+ and before that a Pixel XL. I came back to an iPhone as the path of least resistance since my family and most people I know have them.

    iPhone Xs - Scores out of 5:

    Build Quality & Feel - 4/5: No issues with build quality, certainly. Built like a tank and, unfortunately, sometimes feels like a tank. My S8+ had noticeably bigger screen size and dimensions yet weighed less. Holding the iPhone feels like holding a little brick sometimes, especially when I use the Pinky Finger Rest (tm) technique.

    Screen - 5/5: Great screen here which equals or maybe surpasses the S8+. I'm glad I went with the Xs's OLED instead of dropping down to the LCD on the Xr. Once you've gone OLED, there's no going back. The default size of text on the screen made me want just a little more since I was used to the 6.2" S8+, but turning on Bold Mode fixed that. Videos do seem noticeably smaller but that's a trade off I'm fine with for the smaller overall footprint.

    Performance- 4/5: The phone is definitely fast, but I do get random stutters occasionally in strange places, like when unlocking.

    Sound: 5/5: Definitely better sound than the S8+'s single speaker. Loud and relatively full considering the small size.

    Face ID: 5/5: This has been the biggest pleasant surprise. It's accurate and much faster than I expected. Don't miss the finger print sensor like I thought I might.

    Camera: 3.5/5: Honestly, this has been the most underwhelming part of the phone. Compared to my Pixel or S8+ the cameras don't seem to do as well in low light and even good light photos sometimes seem dull and lifeless. I'm sure people would immediately say that the iPhone is more "accurate." That may be the case, but it also makes for some boring looking photos. An actual physical telephoto lens is great, however, even though it's also not very impressive in low light.

    iOS 3.5/5: This is why I had gone back to Android after trying past iPhones, and many of the annoyances are still there. Why can we still not arrange icons the way we want them? I don't need Android-like customization, but forced auto-arrange with no sorting options on a huge random wall of apps is ridiculous. "Wiggle Mode" is still way too sensitive and it can take multiple tries to get icons where you want them, particularly when moving things between screens. Why are Settings still so inconsistent with some in the apps themselves and others kept in a massive mess of a central list? Why do I still need to use iTunes to add music to the phone like it's 1998? That said, Notifications are so much better now with iOS 12. They default keyboard still feels like something from 2002, but at least 3rd Party Keyboards can now use Apple's voice recognition which makes them vastly more useful. So iOS it's a mixed bag for me, but improving.

    Overall 4/5: Definitely a solid phone but not perfect. At this point I'm done with tinkering with my phones and prefer to just join the general population of my friends and family with iPhones, so I'm not going back.

    submitted by /u/Alpione
    [link] [comments]

    How reliable is the iXpand from SanDisk ?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:59 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I'm going on a long vacation soon and I want to be able to watch some movies/TV shows when I don't have much to do.

    I don't want to go through the hassle of converting everything in the right format through iTunes (my movies are mostly .avi and .mp4), also my internal storage is nearly full, so after a quick search, I found that: https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-iXpand-Flash-Drive-iPhone/dp/B01CIEBU22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540490411&sr=8-2&keywords=SanDisk+iXpand

    I would like to know if anyone ever tried it ? Does it work like described ? Just plug the stick in your PC, copy your movies and then watch it on your phone with the right app ? (without Jailbreak of course).

    Thanks for any feedback.

    EDIT: Forgot to say that I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 12

    submitted by /u/Makozak
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max and Carplay seem to really get along

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 12:40 PM PDT

    Apple needs a simple gesture to make screenshots less annoying

    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    They need to add swipe up to delete screenshot. Thats all. All those accidental shots can be easily thrown away.

    submitted by /u/tablepennywad
    [link] [comments]

    I have a problem...

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:18 AM PDT

    Subscription help

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:01 AM PDT

    I have a family account, to which I'm the primary owner. I added an icloud account for my daughter under mine. She's been requesting app's all day and I get purchase approval requests.

    Last night I got a request for a free subscription to UNICORN 3D. The alert said the weekly subscription would cost $0.00, which I thought was odd, but I accepted. Today I got an itunes email saying the trial subscription is $0.00, but in 3 days it will switch to a premium model for $9.99 a WEEK! I quickly clicked the link to cancel it, but I can't figure out how. It doesn't show up under subscriptions, I only see my apple music subscription. How do I cancel this crap?

    This is a really terrible user experience by not clearly stating the cost on the alert, then it's compounded by how hard it is to cancel. Thanks for the help

    Edit I found this on the apple website: A Family Sharing organizer can't manage subscriptions for other family members. Family members' subscriptions can only be managed from their account. Use that family member's device with their Apple ID logged in to view their subscriptions. You can also use Ask to Buy or Restrictions on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch; Mac or PC; or Apple TV.

    So I have to take my daughters device to cancel it I guess. I feel like all these hoops are intentional to keep that subscription revenue rolling in. It's disappointing.

    submitted by /u/Treas0n
    [link] [comments]

    Can people who upgraded from the iPhone 6 to Xs or Xr share their experiences?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 03:59 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 6 at the moment and really dislike the size of the Plus models of iphones, finding them far too big

    Can anyone who switched from the 6 to the Xs/Xr share their experiences?

    Do you find it to big or too difficult to use one handed?

    Have you gotten used to the bigger size etc?

    Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/3111111111
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS Max Space Gray or Silver.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:55 AM PDT

    Itunes bug made me lost all my data.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:40 AM PDT

    Before I sent my phone to repair, I plugged it in and backed up 2 times just to make sure, and sent my 7+ to repair. There was no hassle , no password required, no nothing.

    I got my phone (now wiped) back, plugged it to my laptop. "Enter your password to enable Iphone backup." What password? Apple Id? Comp password? PASSCODE???! I didnt know there was a password, let alone needed it. Itunes never stated anything when I backup. I did not know about this.

    I sailed the seas of google, and found out Itunes has a bug where you have to encrypt your backups, and sometimes if you backup without encrypting, you need to create a encrypted backup.

    Then, you know what happened. I entered a password, and Itunes backed up my phone. My now wiped phone. AND DELETED THE OLD BACKUP FILE.

    I couldn't find it, not in the apple folder, not in the archive folder. NOT ANYWHERE.

    I know I should have taken the safe route and copied the backup file from the archives. But I trusted apple with my data, I trusted their backup mechanisms.

    And just like that ,20k worth of photos was gone. Photos of my graduation, my family, my life.

    I apologize in advance if I offended anyone. But I am tremendously upset right now that I have no way to retrieve my old data back which I treasure so much.

    All because of an Itunes bug.

    submitted by /u/GodsWeirdSon
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XS Gold or silver?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:13 AM PDT

    I'm a 22 yr male and like the gold color a little more than the silver... But is it a bit pretentious to get gold? Or maybe girly? If I wanted to resell it in a year or 2, I think the black and silver are the most sellable right?

    submitted by /u/thedayisred
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel