• Breaking News

    Monday, October 29, 2018

    Apple Watch AMA: WorkOutDoors developer

    Apple Watch AMA: WorkOutDoors developer


    AMA: WorkOutDoors developer

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 02:35 AM PDT

    My name is Ian and I am the developer of WorkOutDoors, a workout app for Apple Watch.

    The app was first released in July last year with the main unique feature being the live vector map that helped navigation during a workout. Version 2 followed a few months later, after watchOS 4 was released. I then spent almost a year adding as many workout features and customisation options as possible, and finally released version 3 a couple of months ago.

    Yesterday was the turn of version 3.1, which includes support for the new larger screens on the Apple Watch Series 4, as well as several new features, including direct uploading to Strava.

    The app has many beta testers who have been invaluable, not only for their thorough testing, but also for their feedback and suggestions about what new features to include. The features in the app are totally driven by what people ask for, so it would be great to hear what you want to see added.

    So please, AMA...

    submitted by /u/WorkOutDoors
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch ECG will be limited by system region settings, can be changed to enable use outside US

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:19 AM PDT

    Have a formal event coming up, thought this looks the part.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:18 AM PDT

    Band Yeh or Neh?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 07:33 PM PDT

    Loving the Indigo Sports Loop band. Admittedly I thought I would change it to a leather band immediately but I just love the colours in it.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:39 PM PDT

    Found lugs that are close.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 03:16 PM PDT

    Noticed this watchface yesterday for the first time and I’m in love!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 02:12 PM PDT

    SSB with silver milanese loop

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:38 PM PDT

    Didn't see a lot of SSB with silver combos so here's mine with a clean infograph face https://i.imgur.com/BFHZIi8.jpg

    submitted by /u/id4thomas
    [link] [comments]

    Black Leather Strap Suggestions (38mm/40mm)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:10 AM PDT

    Can y'all link me black leather strap recommendations? Specifically for a size 38mm/40mm. I would buy the Modern Strap by Nomad in black, but they have been out of stock in my size for the longest. They do still have the slate gray color in stock, but I am afraid that they will not match my black leather boots (reason why I am buying). Please post pictures if y'all can. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Goat_Spit
    [link] [comments]

    So nano not loading on watch? Got it all set up but will not load

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:08 AM PDT

    Help on finding good watch band

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    I'm planning on purchasing an Apple Watch during holiday season but don't know where to find fun and good quality bands. Please let me know which one you recommend and possibly throw the link in a comment

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/hoosiernj
    [link] [comments]

    My Sleep Tracking Watch Face

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 02:05 AM PDT

    S4 - Nike+ just shipped!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:56 AM PDT

    Beyond pumped my S4 Nike+ just shipped from Apple (i'm located in ON-Canada). What are some good suggestions for screen protectors? Where can I get a cheaper formal looking band for special occasions.

    submitted by /u/lightbringer1483
    [link] [comments]

    Lesser known details about the S4

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    For anyone who's still undecided.

    -The series 4 has 1GB of ram, as opposed to 750MB in the series 3, and 512MB in series 1/2 and 0. That means apps get refreshed less often (See picture)

    • The S4 chip has performance similar to the 6S. That along with the fact that it's the first 64-bit chip, this might be the 5S of apple watches, meaning it will probably get supported by WatchOS for many years.

    -Series 4 also has Bluetooth 5. It means longer range/faster data speeds (not so much how fast apps load, but more how faster they can receive data from a paired iPhone)

    -Speaker grills are much bigger, giving louder sound. I personally kept my watch on vibrate, but it helps when you are in a pinch and have to answer a phone call on your watch.

    -Improved heart rate sensor, it may be more accurate/efficient leading to another reason for the smaller battery

    Sources: https://www.cultofmac.com/580760/apple-watch-series-4s-processing-power-will-blow-you-away/amp/

    https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/what-is-bluetooth-5-2947121

    https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Apple+Watch+Series+4+Teardown/113044http://imgur.com/j0FTd8G

    submitted by /u/summeralien
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone choose a space black because it looks truly borderless/bezeless vs silver/gold?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:49 AM PDT

    I'm really really split between space black and gold steel. I wanted the space black because not only does it look so sleek and understatedly cool, but because the black screen basically melds into the black metal, making it look like it's all one smooth visually "seamless" piece all around. And any non-black watch face looks like it's just painted on while the rest is completely black; very minimal that way.

    However, when I saw the gold steel in person, the gold color really isn't that blingy and is kind of a copper color that catches your eye more than the space black but without being too ostentatious (at least in my opinion). It looks much much nicer than I had thought.

    But here's the thing: any non-black watch face like a photo face or kaleidoscope on the gold (and silver) Watch creates a border around it, with the border sandwiched between the gold metal and the screen. Less minimal and almost is like an extra bezel. The space black doesn't make this as obvious (especially in use while you're just glancing at the watch on your wrist) since the metal is black too.

    I'm wondering if this made any difference to anyone? And how much of a factor this was in anyone's decision to go space black instead of gold or silver? Or you realize this but went gold or silver because you just didn't care?

    I totally know this is super pedantic but thought I'd ask since it's one of the unique properties of the space black.

    submitted by /u/relatedartists
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch G1 + Apple Music + AirPods

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 07:09 AM PDT

    Pretty straightforward: If I have a G1 Apple Watch, Apple Music subscription and AirPods, can I pre-load music to the watch and play on the AirPods when there is NO WiFi or iPhone within range? Specifically, wanting to go for a run with just the watch and AirPods. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/R3ddit0rN0t
    [link] [comments]

    Different languages dictation

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    So i speak Spanish also and I would like to be able to dictate in Spanish as well. Anyway to do this ? Do both English and Spanish. I added the Spanish keyboard & it works temporarily but after a while stops understanding me.

    submitted by /u/josee2486
    [link] [comments]

    Series 4 ECG - How detailed? - Does it use lead II?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:50 AM PDT

    Does anyone know what the series 4 Apple Watch will be able to detect and how much of an ECG waveform will be viewable? My understanding is that the series 3 could already detect and identify Atrial Fibrillation. I am assuming that the series 4 will be measuring a lead II waveform, but I have not been able to find any documentation to confirm this. Will the series 4 be able to detect PVCs? Could metrics such as PR intervals and elevated ST segments be shown on the series 4?

    submitted by /u/discoborg
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Bands & Black Friday/Cyber Monday

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:53 AM PDT

    Do Apple Watch bands ever go on sale on Black Friday/Cyber Monday? I'm looking to buy a leather band and before I start searching other manufactures I was wondering if Apple does a "sale" for their own first.

    submitted by /u/oonomnono
    [link] [comments]

    It’d be nice for Apple to make a charging puck with a female lightning port on the end of the cord for travelling.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:05 AM PDT

    It's a little inconvenient having to remember to take my lightning cable and watch cable everywhere right now.

    submitted by /u/JusticeIsMyOatmeal
    [link] [comments]

    S4 + WorkoutDoors is amazing!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 06:25 PM PDT

    Recently made the upgrade from a series 0 to a 4, and besides the fact that it's like going from a tricycle to a Ferrari, the app functionality is outstanding. I'm an avid mountain biker and Strava is my go-to tracker, but where it falls short, WorkoutDoors seems to excel. I'm looking forward to Strava integration so I can still track my PRs and compete with times.

    Anyone have any suggestions for some other apps that showcase the s4's capabilities?

    I really have no idea how I used an S0 for so long!

    submitted by /u/ch229151
    [link] [comments]

    November Fall challange

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 04:41 AM PDT

    b27h is the code hope to see you all

    submitted by /u/Tstjames
    [link] [comments]

    After getting all my friends to switch over to Android over the past decade I don't have anyone else to share my excitement with other than you guys

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 12:29 PM PDT

    Series 4 broken screen

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 10:26 PM PDT

    I just dropped my series 4 watch and smashed the screen. I don't have apple care. What's the best way to get the screen repaired?

    submitted by /u/R0b815
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel