• Breaking News

    Monday, October 29, 2018

    Apple TV Remove irrelevant items from the TV app?

    Apple TV Remove irrelevant items from the TV app?


    Remove irrelevant items from the TV app?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    I love the TV app for the most part, but there are a few things that are very frustrating. For example, I had a subscription to PSVue for a couple months but cancelled in August. If I go into Settings>Apps>TV it no longer appears there, yet some games will still show up in TV that I have no means to watch. I click the Lakers game tomorrow and it says "Watch in PlayStation Vue". Several other games appear that are only available on the NBA app, which I don't have and have never had a subscription too since owning this Apple TV. I'd love it if it would only show games that I can actually watch (pretty much only games on ESPN or Fox Sports Go, although I don't think the latter syncs with TV)

    submitted by /u/GVLaker09
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to get ATV4K remote to control Vizio sound bar

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:59 PM PDT

    The sound bar has no hdmi port and is connected to the TV via optical cable. When I try to pair the siri remote it always connects to the TV not the sound bar. The TV is an LG OLED 2017 model. I think I can solve this by just connecting the optical cable to the atv but I also have an antenna for local channels and that would prevent the sound bar from working when doing so.

    Edit: solved, I'm bad at following instructions. Still can't turn the TV off, but waking atv up and turning on works. Weird.

    submitted by /u/lc6591
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with AirPlay via Safari from MacBook Pro to Apple TV 4

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 04:15 PM PDT

    I've been dealing with some extremely frustrating issues that have been ongoing for over a year. First of all, whenever I try to AirPlay a live stream from my MacBook Pro via Safari to my Apple TV, it simply never works as if I never even tried to AirPlay initially. I've made sure they're both on the same network, that nothing is interfering, and that my MacBook Pro is updated to the latest version. I've tried everything I've found online too. It used to work fine over a year ago. In addition, even AirPlaying via YouTube on my MacBook Pro to my Apple TV is problematic. I have to try to connect several times before it ends up streaming. My main issue is AirPlaying the live games because I do that every day and I'm forced to AirPlay from my iPhone instead... what gives?

    submitted by /u/65110520
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI help

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 05:24 PM PDT

    So, when I plug the hdmi cable into the Apple TV it doesn't seem to work. It works though for my Xbox. Any particular reason as to why it wouldn't work?

    submitted by /u/SaltyPropane
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about HDR on my new Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 01:28 PM PDT

    Just got my ATV4K Friday and am confused/frustrated by the HDR settings. I have a Sony 4K HDR capable projector. When I set the ATV to 4KHDR everything looks terrible. Bland colors, no contrast, low brightness...just terrible. When I turn off HDR things look great. Bright colors, good contrast and brightness. So I set my ATV to 4KSDR, match frame rate and range to on. Went into the Amazon app and watched a Bosch episode. My projector went blank as it switched to 24 fps and the HDR indicator came on...and the episode looked awful. Washed out colors, no contrast, flesh tones were terrible, etc. I then turned off the match range parameter in the ATV and re watched the same episode. My projector switched to 24 fps and the HDR indicator stayed off...and things looked great. Bright vibrant colors and great contrast and brightness, realistic flesh tones. So what am I missing here? It seems that all HDR does is destroy your picture quality. I've watched HDR blu rays on my Oppo and HDR YouTube videos (via a Roku Ultra that this ATV is supposed to replace) and they looked fabulous and you could tell the difference. But not with this ATV unless I am missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jrayswan
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Prime Quality

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:59 AM PDT

    Since the tvOS 12.0 update, the quality of the image in the app is incredibly bad. The video looks like if it was set up at a 720 resolution. Meantime, if I watch the same show, in the native app of the tv, the resolution is far better. The apple tv is connected with an ethernet cable, the tv is with wifi.

    Does anyone have the same issue or know how to solve it?

    PD: First post on Reddit, I check the English with Grammarly. (I can read English but I can not properly writing it)

    submitted by /u/alewarbw
    [link] [comments]

    MSNBC Apple TV app

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 08:43 AM PDT

    Finally I see MSNBC have their Apple TV app

    I linked it to my Verizon tv provider and am able to watch MSNBC live tv news and some of the recorded videos. When trying to open any of the shows though eg Rachel Maddow I get a "token user not authorised error".

    Any idea why?

    submitted by /u/johndoe1985
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K tvOS 12.0.1 Airplay audio not working

    Posted: 28 Oct 2018 11:14 AM PDT

    I just upgraded my new Apple TV. I bought it to use in my home theatre. I'm using a Denon AVR X3400H receiver, and prior to the update airplay audio worked perfectly. After I updated it just stopped working.

    If I select my receiver as output audio, it automatically switches to hdmi as soon as I start a video.

    • Is there a fix for this problem?
    • Is it a known bug? I googled the shit out of this problem. Can't find anything.
    • Is it true that the 4K is impossible do downgrade?
    submitted by /u/coequality
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel