• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    Apple Macbook Old vs new

    Apple Macbook Old vs new


    Old vs new

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:15 AM PDT

    2018 Macbook Air Stolen - Help with Recovery?!?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:37 AM PDT

    My pregnant wife's Macbook Air was stolen out of our car this week and I desperately need to find it and get it back to her.

    It was my fault.

    It has 8 months of irreplaceable work data on it and she is beyond upset.

    Can anyone here give me advice on how to go about forcing the GPS to engage/narrow down it's location?

    The thieves only turned it on once last weekend and haven't turned it back on again.

    We sent cops to the address ASAP but no one responded and the WIFI was unsecured so it could have been someone in a car that doesn't live there.

    I've filed a police report and alerted all the pawn shops in town but I feel the longer it's gone, the slimmer it's chance of returning to her.

    Not sure where to go from here, and I'll never live this down.

    I'm not the most technologically advanced person but I'm far from technologically illiterate.

    Please advise.

    submitted by /u/Green2Black
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Make Macbook Messages work like iPhone messages.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:11 PM PDT

    Add the giphy button. And make it so that emoji suggestions pop up as well!

    This would make messaging from my Macbook so much better.

    I still feel like I need to switch to my iPhone to send those perfect messages. Make it so that I don't have to leave my Macbook.

    That would make me so happy.

    submitted by /u/SMFoodBiz
    [link] [comments]

    Spacebar issues on 2018 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    Hello, I've been having some problems on my MacBook. Just to preface this, I have never spilled water or anything near my laptop, and take pretty good care of it.

    The issue: sometimes the spacebar will register two clicks when I only click it once, making an extra space. Other times, but not as often, it won't register anything. This gets pretty annoying when I'm writing notes or an essay for school.

    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue or does anyone have a fix? The computer isn't even 6 months old, so I'm surprised this is happening.

    submitted by /u/Funtime1818
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook "Plugged-In" Mouse Delay (FIX Needed)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:24 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I have a Macbook Pro 15in 2017 Edition. When I plug in my Razor Deathadder mouse to it, I feel like it's slow and unresponsive. Not TOO slow, but slower than how it operated on PC.

    Is it because I'm using a USB-C to USB3 plug-in or what might the case be?

    submitted by /u/HamaDDisco
    [link] [comments]

    I am in about 5 deep on some old MacBooks and I am trying to figure out the best way to part with them.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:00 PM PDT

    I won a ton of MacBooks via an auction. They all work and power on, but they are all 2,1 series except a lone 1,1. They all have hard drives and a decent amount of ram. I was considering loading them all up with a fresh install on Lion and MS Office 08. Maybe selling them on eBay.

    The one caveat is that NONE of them have a decent battery or an AC adapter. AC adapters run about 10-15 bucks and batteries are about 20-30. I am not sure I can get 50 bucks a pop for these. I was considering selling them for 40 a piece as is. That is, after I clean the debris out of the fans, repaste the processors, reinstall the OS and the other software.

    So, ideas anyone? These make great little linux computers and I would like to have something to show for what I spent on them.

    submitted by /u/doc_brietz
    [link] [comments]

    Best Macbook for after college

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:51 PM PDT

    I always see questions about which computer is best to buy for starting college and to use throughout college, but I want to know what is best for using after college. I am not into any gaming or digital editing, so it would just be for leisure and casual browsing. After I no longer have school work to do, I will probably only use it to browse websites, send emails, and stream videos.

    I have always been a part of the mindset that Macbook Pros are the best and the only logical option to purchase because of their stronger processing power/larger range of capabilities vs the high cost of purchasing any macbook computer. They also have more ports which is beneficial because I use a lot of usb drives and often use an HDMI cable. Because of that, I bought a Macbook Pro in 2015 when I started college, and it is still going strong, but it is physically damaged. [I don't know exactly what happened or how it happened, but the bottom of my laptop is shattered. Instead of an actual case, I have a metal skin/wrap, so it is just like a hefty sticker covering the bottom of my laptop. When I push down on the bottom, I can hear the metal underneath crack, and if I shake it, I can hear stuff jingling around. I think the only reason my laptop is in one piece is because the skin is holding it together like tape and now I refuse to remove it.] So, after I graduate and start my salaried job next fall, I want to use my newfound income and treat myself to a new one. I will have a company-supplied laptop for work, so this would just be for personal use.

    Which Macbook do you think is the best to have for casual use? I will always go for the largest screen size and memory capacity for whatever model, so without that in consideration, what is your opinion on the best model?

    I will probably ask this question again when it comes time to actually upgrade because new devices will be released by then, but I am just curious at the moment.

    submitted by /u/real-live-adult
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve been trying to open some downloads but it’s not letting me click on them I have 1 download that I could open but the other ones I can’t. Can someone help me

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:35 PM PDT

    A doubt about Time Machine and adding a new drive

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    I got a tech to help me install a new solid state drive (1TB), but at the same time, have the original hard drive (500GB).
    Used Time Machine to save all from one and implant that into the new drive once the Sierra OS was installed. Now, my question is...will it affect anything if I completely erase the old hard drive? Considering it was basically implanted to the last bit into a new one, it shouldn't, right?

    submitted by /u/agoverningfrost
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook running out of space due to iMovie render files?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro, which is in pretty good condition. I use it nearly everyday for work. I do graphic design and motion graphics so I use a lot of editing programs (mostly Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and good ol' iMovie)

    I'm working on a project in iMovie (my Premiere is a little glitchy) and I find that it's been eating up all of my storage space. I get constant messages saying "Disk running out of space". I've seen it jump from 30 GB free to 315MB free. The computer also feels really hot.

    I'm not the biggest tech expert, but I know that iMovie always takes up a lot of space on the computer. However I don't want to delete the cache or render files, because I'm scared that could affect my project (I've spent hours on it and can't afford to lose it)

    How can I clear all of those files without possibly affecting my project? Any other tip on ways to free up space on the computer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/carliway
    [link] [comments]

    Spilt water on keyboard; Water damage in the bottom right corner of the screen and I'm looking for some DIY advice on how to fix this (More info in comments).

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:06 AM PDT

    Current Macbook Pro 15" Bootcamp / Windows 10 info

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    Couple Questions for any real world users of Bootcamp:

    Can anyone tell me the real world battery life your getting on Windows 10 on the current gen Macbook Pro?

    Also could you tell me how the temperature / fan noise level is under normal browsing ?

    How well does the USB-C to USB-A adapters work in Windows?

    submitted by /u/lilmaniac2
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro 15” dual boot?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:32 AM PDT

    Hey all, so i'm thinking of getting a macbook pro for college, however there is one program that is windows only. I want to do a dual boot for this reason. My question is how well would a dual boot run off of an external SSD running windows using a USB 3.1 port?

    Would the speeds be severely bottlenecked because it's connected via USB 3.1?

    submitted by /u/BananaFPS
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air won’t work without being plugged in and is very loud

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:08 AM PDT

    My 2015 MacBook Air needs to be plugged in to work and the fan is super loud when it's plugged in. This just happened randomly, the only thing is that I left it in my backpack outside in ~10C weather last night for about an hour so it was kinda cold when I first tried booting it up last night and that's when it started doing this. It won't display the battery percentage either.

    Thank you for any help!!

    submitted by /u/swordfischh
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2015 base model 13' macbook pro sale value

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    How much would you pay for it? 128gb, 8gb No damage to casing, screen and other hardware.

    submitted by /u/j4mbob1412
    [link] [comments]

    MacBooks announcement dates vs. delivery dates

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:36 AM PDT

    Does anyone here have intelligence regarding what's the usual timespan between announcement date and delivery date of Macbooks? Are they usually available the next day or does it take longer? Is there any historical data available on this?

    submitted by /u/johnny-barleycorn
    [link] [comments]

    Sell macbook without reformat?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:41 AM PDT

    I'm selling my MacBook. I've already formated my hard drive before so it doesnt have any sensitive information. But I did log back on to my Apple ID. What do I need to do in my case to sell? Can't I just log out of iCloud and turn off find my Mac. What else do I need to do?

    submitted by /u/kei24
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel