• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 25, 2018

    Apple [The /r/Apple Show Podcast] 020 Special Guest Christian Selig

    Apple [The /r/Apple Show Podcast] 020 Special Guest Christian Selig


    [The /r/Apple Show Podcast] 020 Special Guest Christian Selig

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:53 AM PDT

    u/jellyw00t & u/jamesvdm talk to the developer behind Apollo, u/iamthatis.

    Listen on Overcast (web player) or Apple Podcasts or any other podcast app.

    Topics:

    You can support the show at http://patreon.com/therappleshow

    submitted by /u/jamesvdm
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR AMA with MacRumors Editor Joe Rossignol - Tomorrow @ 11am ET

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:31 AM PDT

    MacRumors editor Joe Rossignol has an iPhone XR review unit and will be here tomorrow to answer questions about the device ahead of its launch on Friday.

    The AMA will begin tomorrow, Thursday, October 25, at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. Join us then!

    submitted by /u/TBoneTheOriginal
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung sues its own brand ambassador for $1.6M for using an iPhone X

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    Tim Cook Calls for US Privacy Law to Protect Citizens From Growing 'Data Industrial Complex'

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:36 AM PDT

    Tim Cook: Being gay is God's greatest gift to me

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:37 AM PDT

    All 350+ Apple logos from the Oct. 30 event invites

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:40 AM PDT

    Credit to MacRumors for creating this album https://imgur.com/a/ufybGk6

    submitted by /u/dingos_among_us
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12 defeats law enforcement's GrayKey iPhone unlocker

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:14 PM PDT

    Watchify, a new really nice Spotify app for Apple Watch

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:42 AM PDT

    the dev Maxim Rabiciuc, just released a Spotify app for the Apple Watch: Watchify.

    For a first version, its really fantastic, good UI, features and its free. This (young) man really deserves all the kuddos here at Reddit.

    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watchify/id1438434543

    I have never given a Gold to a fellow Redditter in the past 6 years, but I gave him Gold for his efforts and remarkable result so far.

    edit: some people think I am the dev of this App, but I am not.

    submitted by /u/Geert76
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Just Killed The 'GrayKey' iPhone Passcode Hack

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:16 AM PDT

    New Safari beta allows websites to adapt their theme to complement macOS Mojave in Dark Mode

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    All 371 Apple logos from the event invites, formatted as mobile wallpapers!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:45 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/rkqwGm5

    Thanks to /u/dingos_among_us for linking to the Imgur album of the raw images. After downloading all of those, I wrote a Shortcuts workflow to combine them with a background (it's not flat white!) and size the whole thing to the iPhone X aspect ratio.

    Worth noting: cutting these things out and putting them on black is way, way harder than it seems.

    submitted by /u/bking
    [link] [comments]

    I discovered Share Wifi Password feature yesterday. What a great surprise that was!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:34 PM PDT

    This are the things that make Apple a great company. Totally seamless, totally unexpected. Totally usefull.

    Thanks Apple.

    submitted by /u/mickeyPijamas
    [link] [comments]

    iPad OS: Redesigning Siri and multitasking on the iPad Pro in the wake of the Apple Event

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:19 PM PDT

    I just switched to an iPhone after 8 years with Android and don't regret it a bit

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:03 AM PDT

    So like the title says, I've been with Android for 8 years. Samsung S1, S3, S5 LG V20, LG G3, HTC Desire 518, and some other budget phones I cant remember. The most recent one was the LG V20, and it was pretty terrible. I loved the quad dac, loved the wide angle camera but after about a year the phone was barely scraping by in usability even after replacing the battery, factory reset, and flashing a new theoretically faster ROM.

    I love having control and customization options but in the end, I just want my damn apps to open as soon as I tap and to not crash. With android I didn't do all the customization i did (installing new launchers, flashing experimental ROM's etc) because I wanted to, but because without it the experience just wasn't very good (with the phones I used)

    The past few years my girlfriend who has exclusively used iPhones has been slowly wearing me down to make the switch. I wanted to get a S9+ or Note 9 but she convinced me to at least do some research on the XS / XS Max and try it out at the Apple store.

    Well, it worked. I now have a 256gb XS Max in Black. Here are my thoughts so far after about a month.

    • Build quality is outstanding, it has a weight to it that makes it feel substantial and premium. I never got that with the S9+ and Note 9 I tried out. Love the stainless steel.

    • I'm glad they didn't excessively round the edges like on the S9/Note9, makes it so much easier to put on a real screen protector.

    • The display is honestly the best I've ever seen. I'm a photographer and the color calibration is on par with my calibrated 4k monitor I use for editing. Contrast, color accuracy, brightness, really really impressive.

    • THE APP EXPERIENCE. Android fans give Apple a lot of shit over how restrictive they are with apps via the app store but after seeing the difference it makes, I think its a good thing. I've experienced ZERO crashes with any of my mainstay apps since switching to an iPhone. On all my android phones, crashes with some apps were frustratingly common.

    • THE PERFORMANCE: This part is sort of a given considering that the A12 chip is the best mobile processor ever but wow is it nice to switch between apps with no hiccups and have no delay between tapping and an action taking place.

    • Face ID: I was skeptical and I still think have a finger print reader under the glass would have been nice. But, Face ID works extremely well 95% of the time and it works well enough that I rarely find myself missing the finger print reader. Especially impressed with how well it works in complete darkness.

    • The haptic engine is uncanny in how good it is. The hard press features are really cool and work well to streamline certain apps. Gestures work really well for the most part.

    • Everything else: Battery life is excellent, I end the day at 20-30% with tons of mixed use. Camera is really good, video is even more impressive. Nearly everything about the experience just seems really polished compared to Android with a few exceptions below.

    Things that are stupid:

    • The fact that in 2018 I can't just exit out from the call dialogue and let it ring WITHOUT declining. There are a million different reasons and scenarios I'd want this and I miss it from android.

    • App organization options are lacking compared to android

    • Notifications are pretty good but I still found android easier to sort through emails and messages faster. Maybe this will change with more time.

    • Gestures are pretty good but certain gestures like swiping from the edge of the screen can be annoying to get sometimes.

    • Getting my music on this phone was a nightmare. I have a big library and iTunes is a pile of shit. It would not accept the way I organized artists/albums. Was extremely slow and clunky to use, and i did not care for the default phone interface either. I ended up using google play music and it worked perfectly right out of the box.

    • Just the way file management between apps works. Its frustratingly limiting sometimes how I cant move photos between certain apps.

    Things i will continue to complain about:

    • A phone at this price range not coming with a dongle for headphones is unacceptable.

    • A phone at this price range coming without a fast charger, or fast charging capable adapter is unacceptable

    But clearly they were acceptable because i have the phone so....

    TLDR: I switched from android after 8 years and I don't miss it at all. I feel like Android forced me to be a power user to get the experience to work the way I wanted it to, while on iOS, it just works out of the box. Really impressed with almost everything about the iPhone. Less impressed with some silly stuff like call handling that I cant believe is still present in iOS 12. Hope to be using this phone for several years and I'm glad to know Apple will likely be supporting it for as long as I use it.

    submitted by /u/aybrah
    [link] [comments]

    All Apple logo doodles in high rest

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:16 PM PDT

    Apple adapts logo for their first store in Thailand

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 12:21 AM PDT

    The first Apple store in Thailand opens next month. The new Apple logo for Thailand combines the old Apple logo and the Thai letter อ as in แปเปิ้ล = Apple

    Photos: https://imgur.com/a/CIGvPbh

    Apple website with the logo: https://www.apple.com/th/retail/iconsiam/

    Location of the store: https://goo.gl/maps/uguQjo67SZU2

    News Articles: coconuts.co, patentlyapple.com, insideretailthailand.com

    submitted by /u/AllesRogerKambodscha
    [link] [comments]

    Apple fined $11.4M in Europe for iPhone throttling; Samsung fined $5.7M

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    iPhone XS max randomly super loud when clicking sleep button

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    Anyone else have this? It's not a huge issue but will sometimes make everyone jump. It happens randomly. I'll click the sleep button to sleep my phone and put in my pocket but the "click" sound will be incredibly loud.

    submitted by /u/BoringUsernameTbh
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or, after the ios 12 update my iPhone7 battery is draining like crazy. My battery health is at 82%

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:00 AM PDT

    Tim Cook data privacy speech: Apple CEO calls for comprehensive data laws in America

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:18 AM PDT

    [austinmann review] iPhone XR: Great for Everyone

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    [Apple Newsroom] Shot on iPhone XS: Users share their Portrait mode photos with Depth Control

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    Video lag when mirroring over air play

    Posted: 25 Oct 2018 01:13 AM PDT

    Anyone know of a fix for this??

    submitted by /u/hannnsolo
    [link] [comments]

    Select Apple stores offering October 30th Special Event livestreams, sign up today

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel