• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 31, 2018

    Apple Macbook Introducing the new MacBook Air — Apple

    Apple Macbook Introducing the new MacBook Air — Apple


    Introducing the new MacBook Air — Apple

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 07:49 AM PDT

    Never owned a mac before, which one would be better? I will mostly use for internet things such as reddit, youtube, twitch, LOTS of online shopping, MS office/ MS excel docs, casual photo editing and of course imessage and facetime calls. any feedback is appreciated, thanks :D

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 02:31 PM PDT

    Hi i am currently deciding on which Macbook model to get I am planing on using it for my degree on Information Technology. I would also like to code Swift and create ios apps as a hobby , i will be only using it for my university use as i will be gaming on my desktop. 8GB/16GB? Is 256Gb Enough?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 09:54 PM PDT

    Is the i9 2018 MacBook just a dud? Thermals are still an issue when gaming

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 07:36 PM PDT

    While recently playing some good old World of Warcraft to waste some time, I stumbled across the thermal issue that still hangs over this i9 which I don't believe should be in this design chassis.

    In two non-scientific tests, I tried to run the game in the same manner as best as possible.

    Graphs

    test 1: dGPU test - Laptop monitor enabled, discrete GPU 560x being used, no attached monitor. The computer could NOT keep up an average of 2.9GHz, and tailed off down to around 2.3 GHz before I gave up in frustration.

    test 2: eGPU test - Laptop monitor enabled, eGPU (Vega 64) attached to 4K monitor. Computer ran fine, and averaged around 2.9GHz and maintained that steady average over time.

    In my non-professional opinion, evoking the dGPU on the second test put the system into a state where to keep within the thermal envelope, the CPU needs to downstep into lower and lower average CPU speeds.

    This Leads me to a conclusion that the i9 is too thermally constrained to effectively "play games" and perhaps the 13" i7 without a dGPU is a better machine given the chassis thermal constraints given the use of an eGPU?

    submitted by /u/Z7N6Qo
    [link] [comments]

    I made a quick comparison of the current three MacBooks in their base models. Let me know what you think!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 11:18 AM PDT

    I know everyone has their use cases, but I figure this sums up what each MB brings to the table in their base models. It can assist in helping you make a decision in what to buy in the future.

    Also, if someone wants to, they can turn this into a table since I'm not that savvy.

    Final Count:

    • MacBook: 2

    • Air: 6

    • Pro: 6

    Starting Price:

    • MacBook: 1299

    • Air: 1199

    • Pro: 1299

    Display:

    • MacBook: 12 inches/2304x1440 at 226 pixels per inch.

    • Air: 13.3 inches/2560x1600 at 227 pixels per inch.

    • Pro: 13.3 inches/2560x1600 at 227 pixels per inch.

    Processor:

    • MacBook: 7th generation 1.2GHz dual core intel M3 with turbo boost to 3.0GHz. 4MB L3 cache.

    • Air: 8th generation 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 4MB L3 cache

    • Pro: 7th generation 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz, with 64MB of eDRAM

    Memory:

    • MacBook: 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

    • Air: 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

    • Pro: 8GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

    Storage:

    • MacBook: 256GB PCIe-based onboard SSD

    • Air: 128GB PCIe-based SSD

    • Pro: 128GB SSD storage

    Dimensions: Height x Width x Depth in inches

    • MacBook: .52x11.04x7.74

    • Air: .61x11.97x8.36

    • Pro: .59x11.97x8.36

    Graphics:

    • MacBook: Intel HD Graphics 615

    • Air: Intel UHD Graphics 617

    • Pro: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640

    Camera:

    • MacBook: 480p

    • Air: 720p

    • Pro: 720p

    Battery: Web/Movie/Standby

    • MacBook: 10/12/30

    • Air: 12/13/30

    • Pro: 10/10/30

    Touch ID:

    • MacBook: No

    • Air: Yes

    • Pro: Yes

    submitted by /u/PrinceOfStealing
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015) with the current options?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 06:31 PM PDT

    I've MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015, 4GB) - I love it and it does everything I want to do to be honest but it's getting too old now ( I've dropped it a few times). Which device would be a fit replacement given that I'm not replacing out of any need for power, but for simply wearing it out (and perhaps the whole marketing and shiny new adverts getting to me)?

    Initially I was waiting for the new air for months, but reading this sub totally confused me. It sounds like it makes better sense to get the MBP 13' rather than the new air. Would it in my case? I should say the reason I love my current air is how light it's (but I also feel that the screen could be just a little bit bigger when doing editing, which isn't often).

    Thanks. (I apologise if I should have posted this elsewhere in the threads).

    submitted by /u/Nonecar
    [link] [comments]

    How Long Do You Think They'll Sell the 2015 Air online?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    Until they run out or will it end up like the nonRetina MBP with the SuperDrive where they kept selling and producing a little bit longer after the Retina was released?

    submitted by /u/tobefilledinlater8
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a copy of El Capitan or Sierra?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 01:56 PM PDT

    I have a MBA Early-2014 with a 4 GB ram that's currently running on Yosemite. I have been keen to update it but couldn't find a genuine copy. The local Macstore will update me to only High Sierra or Mojave (both will slow down the mac). Can anyone help me out here?

    submitted by /u/Logically_Speaking
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro with Vega Graphics

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 04:35 PM PDT

    2018 MacBook Pro w/ Touchbar Keyboard Issues

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 04:26 PM PDT

    Recently got this MBP w/ Touchbar towards the end of August. The last week when I press the space bar, it sometimes detects it as pressing twice and puts a double space and a period after a word. Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/GwEYT
    [link] [comments]

    [Macbook Pro 2018] Is the 560X worst for +100$CAD ?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 04:05 PM PDT

    Hello !
    I'm looking for a MBP 2018 15", i'm going to take at least 512gb of storage but, i was thinking, is the 560X radeon worst buying than the 550X ?

    I'm going to use mainly this computer for developping softwares/applications, and maybe a bit gamedev & playing littles games like cuphead.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/codeinu
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook model should I get for my use case?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 03:30 PM PDT

    I currently use a late-2013 rMBP (2.4GHz, 128GB SSD, 4GB RAM). My work (data reporting and accounting) involves having safari and Chrome open simultaneously, as well as the mail and messenger apps; among these, the heaviest thing I do is have 3-4 Google Sheets open at a time + around 10 additional Chrome tabs. I see the beach ball several times a week, and I've figured that this is just the measly 4GB of RAM I settled for 5 years ago.

    1) Is the hanging of my system most likely due to the low amount of onboard RAM rather than CPU usage?

    2) I want to stay as thin, light, and small as possible with the Mac I purchase to replace my current rMBP. I would love it if the new 2018 MacBook Air would fit the bill (I'd rather not go MBP again, if possible)

    Thank you for your time!

    submitted by /u/sherlock_logic
    [link] [comments]

    Loud audio buzz from 2018 MBP as soon as power is connected

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 03:03 PM PDT

    Hey everyone

    Just updated my 2015 macbook pro to a 2018 model, and I'm having a serious audio problem.

    My 2015 MBP has always worked fine connected to my external Rokit speakers through the headphone jack, but with the new machine on the same setup, as soon as power is connected, both through a powered dock (grounded supply) or directly through the macbook power supply (which seems ungrounded, 2 prong), it sends a loud buzz to the speakers.

    I have tried to connect the power and the speakers through a wall adapter that removed the ground and it has the same problem. I have connected a Pyle ground loop isolator in line and that doesn't work either. This happens on two separate sets of Rokit speakers on two totally different power systems at work and at home. This leads me to believe the issue isn't a ground loop buzz.

    The machine is brand new. Could this be a hardware issue? The headphone jack also seems to randomly not get a signal or recognize that anything is plugged in to it.

    submitted by /u/daveybuoy
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think of the new Air?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    Is it better to go for the new air or the MacBook Pro non Touch Bar/ Touch Bar model?

    submitted by /u/YusukeGoku
    [link] [comments]

    updating my Macbook Pro Late 2013 (not upgrading!)

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 01:07 PM PDT

    Hey! So I'm a teacher and University Student, both writing my Thesis and teaching at the moment.

    It's embarrassing but I'm still on OS X El Capitan and I'm pretty sure I have not updated the System for a few years now. Sorry, I just don't know any better :) Also since I bought my iPad Pro, I rarely use my computer, only for printing and using office applications (the 2011 edition)..

    So now that my laptop is getting slower and more annoying, can I safely install the newest OS? I use Time Machine for backup, is there something else to consider, like programs that won't work afterwards? Lost Files? It would be catastrophic if my microsoft office didn't run afterwards. Any huge changes?

    thanks for your help =) I used to be right on time with updates, but now I'm out of the loop because I haven't used it a lot lately ...

    submitted by /u/jj1789
    [link] [comments]

    I've just had my battery/keyboard replaced in my 2016 MBP. Keyboard feels different, is it possible that they replaced it with 3rd gen butterfly?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 12:00 PM PDT

    Had battery replacement under the battery replacement programme. The new keyboard feels a bit different, would it be possible that they put the latest generation of butterfly in it?

    submitted by /u/RootInTheRedHat
    [link] [comments]

    Battery a tad swollen

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    Battery a tad swollen

    So I just opened my old 2011 Macbook Pro to add more memory. As I undid a couple screws the back of the case exploded open. I immediately knew what it was. The battery had swollen but the case was holding it in shape. There was no external indication this was happening. Obviously I cannot get the panel back on and I don't have the special screwdriver Apple requires for battery removal because they don't want you taking the battery out. I have it turned off and put it outside in the garden shed. I ordered the trilobe screwdriver needed to remove it. I will run it without the battery, it is hooked to a large screen and is basically my desktop computer.

    ![img](3j8r3fhrbdv11 " ")

    submitted by /u/Edgahhhh
    [link] [comments]

    2010 Macbook Pro 15 inch - Referb Options for logicboard?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 03:46 AM PDT

    What are my options for replacing the logic board on my 2010 15 inch? Are later iterations of the logic board compatible? (I'd like to try something with better specs). Any ideas on best sources for logic boards (as in, is it ever worth it for the price? Or is ait always a better deal to buy a newer used computer?

    I'm wondering if someone is selling a never 15 inch model with a broken screen or something I might be able to pick it up for cheap. I'm in Canada if that matters.

    I have already replaced the keyboard myself so I don't mind opening the thing up and experimenting.

    This is my model: https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i5-2.4-aluminum-15-mid-2010-unibody-specs.html

    Thanks for your ideas!

    submitted by /u/motberg
    [link] [comments]

    Just inherited a MBA 2011 13". Worth changing the battery?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 10:05 AM PDT

    So my wife found her old MacBook Air 13 from 2011, and it's a good shape, except the battery only holds a charge for an hour or so.

    If I throw a fresh battery in there, how much battery life could I expect? And if I end up keeping it plugged into the wall instead, is this laptop powerful enough to act as a 4k Plex server?

    submitted by /u/socarrat
    [link] [comments]

    What TF is going on here?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 08:30 AM PDT

    new mba

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    why dont apple put face id on all new mba mbp mb it really cool once the lid open it login

    submitted by /u/patientOz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel