• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 24, 2018

    Apple Help BeatsX

    Apple Help BeatsX


    BeatsX

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 09:23 PM PDT

    Anyone knows what the pink light on BeatsX means? Also, it randomly starts flashing red and white and then goes back to a solid pink. When I plug it in to charge, it flashes red and white for a while and then stops at a solid white.

    submitted by /u/EpsilonExcite
    [link] [comments]

    @icloud email address question

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    I was looking through my iCloud options on my phone and I saw mail wasn't being saved so I selected it and it asked me to create an @icloud email address. I was wondering if this affected my email in the mail app or affected the email I use for my Apple account. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just want to be safe than sorry.

    submitted by /u/Europa07
    [link] [comments]

    Bulk screenshots? How to automatically save screenshots to a foldeR?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    I am running El Capitan Ver. 10.11.6 on a Macbook Pro from... jesus christ it must be 10 years old.

    I know how to take a screenshot, but since it saves the file to my clipboard it can be annoying when I'm taking a bunch of screenshots to constantly have to go Photoshop to save them somewhere. I would prefer to be able to have them all save to a folder somewhere. Apparently, according to my Googling, they default to the Desktop? I have zero memory of that ever happening and the tricks to make it go to a specific folder via Terminal dont work.

    Is there an older method that does work? Or a specific app that does exactly this?

    submitted by /u/themoderngafa
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring my Iphone

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:25 PM PDT

    My iphone does not charge, display anything, or get detected from by my computer, and I don't have a backup for it. Is there anyway I can recover the data from it? Any recommended 3rd party services?

    submitted by /u/Gubbyx
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an Apple Watch Series 4 Cellular in Canada, then moving to and living in England. Will the Series 4 still work over cellular once I’m settled in with a new carrier and such etc. ?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    Question about Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and MacBook Air

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:41 PM PDT

    I recently got a new job where I'll be quickly answering emails in English and Spanish. My question is: is it possible to connect a Bluetooth Keyboard to the MacBook Air and have the Bluetooth keyboard be English and the MacBook Air's keyboard be Spanish?

    Just looking to be able to switch back and forth quickly and also my work offered the keyboard so I thought I'd take advantage if I could.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/IslandTwig
    [link] [comments]

    iTune Sync Button Greyed Out

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    I used an iPhone 6s running iOS 10 up until today. I ordered an iPhone 8 now running iOS 12.0.1. On my iTunes on my laptop (windows, latest version of iTunes), I have a lot of CD rips, BandCamp downloads, etc. that do not register as purchases on my iTunes account. When I restored the new iPhone from the latest backup of my last phone, it received all of the iTunes purchased music, then I went to sync the above mentioned music. The "Sync" button is greyed out and unclickable. I've played around with the "Options" section on the phone page, and the "Music" tab as well to no avail. Every time I edit these settings, I click apply, and once again the sync button is greyed out. I have troubleshot more than I'm proud to admit, and a lot more than I can type here, so any suggestions on possible ways to sync my music would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BrEichen
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, I'm Josh! Allow me to introduce myself! Hopefully I can be of some assistance to you guys!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:43 PM PDT

    So a lot of you met me for the first time when I posted that post a few days ago about how rice DOESN'T work when trying to fix a water damaged device. But I realized that many of you don't know me outside of that, and I want to help!

    My name is Josh. I have a cell phone repair/buy/sell shop in Pennsylvania. I'd rather not identify myself beyond that, for a variety of reasons, and I'm sure many of you who own your own businesses can understand why. I've been in the hardware repair industry for several years, I'd like to say it's been at least 5 officially, but I've always been helping people with tech problems. I got my start at 13 years old, I had a broken iPod Touch 4th gen (cracked LCD) and I couldn't afford the $99 that my local repair shop wanted to charge. So, I decided to order my own screen and do it myself. Being completely honest, it was a disaster. I used a cheap Amazon screen with colored glass (because I thought it looked cool obviously) and when I was done, the screen wasn't flush, neither camera worked, and I still couldn't connect to Wi-Fi. Lol. But it got me interested in working with electronics. For whatever reason, my friends still trusted me to fix their phones (even though my only experience thus far went horribly!) and I learned a lot through that first year of randomly fixing my friends old devices. I had decided that I wanted to start fixing people's phones for some extra side money. Eventually I decided that waiting around for people to bring me broken phones sucked, so I decided to start buying broken phones, fixing them up, and selling them. Since then, I've now done thousands of repairs, managed a repair shop, decided managing someone else's business sucked, and grinded until I could afford to start my own store. But even when I'm not super busy fixing and buying and reselling phones and other electronics, I still enjoy helping people! Given that I'm also a huge proponent of the Right to Repair, I love watching people fix their own stuff! My goal is to not only help people figure out their own problems, but also to dispel the myths regarding DIY and third party repairs! Let me be clear: I believe that when you buy something, it's YOURS to do WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH! You can open it, you can repair it, you can break it, you can upgrade it, you can customize it, you can root or jailbreak it, you can take a piss on it if you want. It's YOURS to decide what you want to do with it! Yes, the manufacturer should offer repair options -- but you should just as easily be able to repair it yourself with the HELP of the manufacturer or TAKE IT TO A THIRD PARTY TO HAVE IT REPAIRED. And in any scenario, there's no reason why I SHOULDN'T be able to call up Apple and order an iPhone 7 battery to install myself. Now, I wouldn't ask Apple to warranty a part that isn't theirs or wasn't installed by them and was damaged during installation -- but at the same time, as someone probably more qualified than most Apple Store employees, why CAN'T my store call Apple and order 100 iPhone 7 batteries straight from the source?!? In summary, it's YOUR DEVICE, and you should have every right to do what you want with it!

    That said, I'm here to help with all your technical questions -- I really prefer hardware related ones though. I don't really like questions about why your iPhone won't AirDrop to your MacBook, or why your AirPlay doesn't work, or why you can't get your iCloud backups to include contacts or whatever. I honestly suck at those kinds of questions. I'm very much a hardware guy though. So that said, if anyone has any hardware based questions regarding Apple products, I'd LOVE to try to answer them! Even if Apple Support or the Genius Bar can't figure it out, give me a crack at it! If it's doing something it shouldn't, or it's not doing something it should, I've probably seen it before and can probably help.

    Oh, and if you DO decide to do a DIY repair, ifixit.com is ALWAYS an AWESOME source, and if they don't have a guide, YouTube is good too, just be careful with YouTube as ANYONE can post a video on there, so make sure it's a quality video from someone with experience. And for parts, yeah, iFixit can be a little pricey in comparison to eBay or Amazon, but they have awesome quality that you won't find on eBay. DO NOT USE AMAZON OR EBAY PARTS unless absolutely necessary. For a random LG K8 power button, sure. But for an iPhone 6s battery? NO NO NO NO NO. Saving $10-20 is NOT worth the hassle of defective parts.

    Also, if you already asked your question on here, please link your thread rather than posting the question again, so I can post it for others to see too!

    submitted by /u/JDB3326
    [link] [comments]

    reboot/data back up help

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    My iPhone 6' screen smashed to bits a couple of days ago. It was so bad that it was typing in random stuff as the password and eventually locked me out and asked me to "connect to itunes".

    I got the screen fixed but I still can't get into the phone. Have tried restarting, have tried connecting to itunes where I am only met with error messages, have managed to get to a screen where I can restore the phone, I have tried this but it STILL won't let me in (screen goes white and blank for a few minutes then return to "connect to itunes, phone disabled" screen.

    Just wondering if any of you have experienced something similar, none of the instructions on the apple website to reset my phone seem to work.. Would just upgrade had I not paid over $100 for a new screen and screen protector hahahaha.

    Any advice is treasured and appreciated! <3

    submitted by /u/inrealphife
    [link] [comments]

    did i create partitions correctly to experiment installing an unsupported os x?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:27 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/kpMkcZW
    http://imgur.com/yEHDvUz
    http://imgur.com/bFe49xc

    i'm totally culuess.
    i read that in order to use macpostfactor , which installs yosemite on an unsupported mac, i should first create partitions, so that if things go south, i can always go back to my current snow leopard,... right?
    so i think i created partitions in disc utility, i think the original drive just split in half... but not sure if i really did it correctly. can you tell from the pictures?
    crossposted https://old.reddit.com/r/osx/comments/9r5whw/did_i_create_partitions_correctly_for_installing/

    submitted by /u/newLifeInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Possible Battery Issue?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 07:11 PM PDT

    iPhone 6, friend replaced my battery about a month and a half ago and worked perfectly until the other day. The phone slowed down, and then shut off, and now randomly restarts, either after about 5 seconds after turning on, or might last about 10 minutes. Usually restarts faster if phone is in use.

    Battery percentage is always at 1/0%.

    If it's plugged into a normal wall charger, it will function, and will have its restart problems. If it's plugged into my computer via USB, it will shut off after about a minute, and then go into a boot loop, where the amount of time spent on the boot screen before restarting slowly shortens, from about 2 seconds of Apple logo per boot, until it is basically an extremely quick flash, and now, is not turning on.

    submitted by /u/lukebogart
    [link] [comments]

    make artist/album part of collection

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    So in apple music, i dont want certain songs/albums/artist or whatever, to not show in "artists" therefore i rightclick and take artist info / album info etc. and then select "Album is a compilation of songs by various artists" which SOMETIMES moves it to "collections" and sometimes not - WHY? I want them to be moved to collections, how to i do that?

    submitted by /u/rimfaxxe
    [link] [comments]

    How can I find the devices that were connected to my Apple TV?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:29 PM PDT

    I need to find out the names of the devices that were previously connected to my apple TV. Is that even possible?

    submitted by /u/AlphabetCurry
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone not recognized by Computer?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 05:13 PM PDT

    I'm running Windows 10, trying to plug in my iphone, but my computer doesn't recognize that anything is plugged in. The USB port works for sure, as does the cable (tested both). I have both reinstalled and repaired the install file multiple times.

    My Iphone does not show up in device manager under portable devices either (with or wihout view hidden items checked). I thought I had found it when I found the Apple Mobile Support Driver under Universal Serial Bus Controllers in Device Manager, but after updating that driver, still nothing.

    The Iphone IS recognized by Itunes, but only when it is in Recovery Mode, in which I can only reset the phone and not move files.

    submitted by /u/IamAOurangOutang
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine never completes backups anymore.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:24 PM PDT

    OS: High Sierra 10.13.6

    Backups to my LaCie drive started failing, so I bought a brand new Western Digital 2TB external drive, which also fails.

    I've tried running First Aid, and different partition types.

    What do now?

    submitted by /u/tux_greyhat
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make a shared reminder list that renews everyday? (like feed the cat, check the mail)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 01:22 PM PDT

    Is there a way to do something like this? the problem isnt that i am not feeding the cat, the problem is that my roommate and myself feed the cat during the sameday (hes gaining weight) or i go over to the mailbox only to find it empty and the mail is sitting on the coffee table

    submitted by /u/throwawayi9w
    [link] [comments]

    Removed Find My Friends, but it came back? Why is this happening, is there a way to completely disable and remove it without it coming back?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:56 PM PDT

    This is an iPhone 6s. I'm not very competent with apple devices, as I've spent more of the decade with android, so it's a bit alien to me. Thought it had been removed but it reappeared.

    submitted by /u/robeph
    [link] [comments]

    Help with trackpad issues

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    I have a 2010 MacBook Pro 2010 15" 2.4ghz base model, and for the life of me I cannot get the trackpad to work again. I have replaced the trackpad cable twice and the trackpad once. I have inspected the board too see if theirs any damage and haven found any suspicious places with torn off components. I did clean me MacBook beforehand and then the trackpad worked but I'm extremely cautious with it when I do. But the weird thing is one day I had it in my bag and it was heavily raining and the MacBook got a tiny bit wet and the trackpad was jittering back and forth and I could get it to somewhat move, no Idea if this would help to diagnose it but I'd thought I'd mention it. Thanks in advance.

    Edit: Forgot to mention the clicking on the trackpad 100% works, sorry I didn't mention that.

    submitted by /u/Bauxtic
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Elements

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    On initial bootup the Mac seems fine and loads everything normally... However after extended periods (ranging from under and hour to a couple hours) things just stop loading on the screen or disappears. The top bar becomes glitchy and doesn't load texts properly... And also whenever I start a programme, or even settings I just get a black window not loading anything at all... It has become unusable over long (but not really long at all) periods of time... Hlp plz?

    submitted by /u/cabalistic_asian
    [link] [comments]

    Need help sharing WiFi connection from MacBook

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:39 PM PDT

    I'm having problems sharing my internet connection. My MacBook is connected to WiFi, I have a WiFi access point connected to the MacBook via thunderbolt Ethernet, but it's not connecting to the internet. I have internet sharing turned on, from WiFi to thunderbolt bridge. I'm not sure what I've got wrong or what to search for to remedy this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

    Edit- it's an early 2015 mbp, El Capitan 10.11.6 if that helps at all

    submitted by /u/OvernightGoats
    [link] [comments]

    Is my MacBook air charging port broken or is it the charger

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    Hey. So for a few weeks now my charger has become unreliable.. sometimes not charging until I play around with it, plugging it in and out a couple times.. it's relatively new, less than half a year old and from an official apple store.

    Today it stopped working entirely. Looking at the charging port, it looks very dirty and broken. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the issue.

    I'm living abroad and i really have no way to test the charger on a new laptop. So my next option is to take it to an apple store.. But maybe someone here could tell me what to do in the meantime.

    https://imgur.com/a/dbYN2vw

    submitted by /u/jamesmclellan21
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Won't Boot

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 03:13 PM PDT

    When I dig into the disk utility and run the "First Aid" on the HDD, I get an error that states"

    Error: ?: invalid o_oid (0X0)

    error: verification/reading of the EFI jumpstart record failed

    EFI jumpstart record is invalid

    The volume /dev/rdisk1s1 could not be verified completely

    File system check exit code is 8

    I wiped this disk completely using the disk utility multiple times and it keeps throwing that error. When I attempt to just re-install the MacOs to that disk it just gets in a loop and fails.

    At this point it sounds like it is a bad HDD, but I want to make sure there is nothing else to do before I replace it.

    TIA -TraineeV2

    submitted by /u/TraineeV2
    [link] [comments]

    Vzwpix is being received as an email

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:46 AM PDT

    We have a paging group set up that is sending pages via ()-****@vzwpix.com. Every other member of this paging group is receiving a text. One user, however, is receiving an email instead. All the Google searches I've performed seem to suggest the same cause: an iPhone is refusing to receive MMS or iMessage (it's unclear which).

    Any suggestions on a solution?

    submitted by /u/rburky
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my texts send to my dad and not my mom?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:45 AM PDT

    Anytime I send a text to my mom it sends to my dad, i'm not sure why this happens.

    and to take out an obvious fix, its only their separate numbers and no email is attached to their contacts.

    Example:

    DAD, 1230000001

    MOM, 1230000002

    and it still sends to my dad even though the numbers are different

    anyone know a fix??

    submitted by /u/seniorswanky
    [link] [comments]

    MBP & iCloud - Is there a way to control which files stay on the hard drive, and which files are only in iCloud unless I manually download them?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2018 10:31 AM PDT

    I have the 200TB iCloud storage plan, a MacBook Pro 2016, an iPad Pro, an iPhone 8+, and an Apple Watch, ALL running the most current versions of OS.

    Hello there! Thanks in advance for any help. I work from my MacBook Pro in remote areas without internet sometimes, so I need to be able to ensure certain files are always available on my hard drive. I ALSO want them to be stored in iCloud as a backup, but I don't want to have to download them to use them since I can't when there's no internet.

    Conversely, there are some files that iCloud arbitrarily decides to store on my MBP, but many of them are files I would never need regular access to, so keeping them on iCloud only is preferable rather than having them taking up space on my MBP HD.

    There should be options or settings in Finder for every folder that says: "Always Keep Available On Local Drive", and "Do Not Store On Local Drive". The files and folders where an option isn't checked can be "optimized" and "managed" however iCloud wants, but files I always need will always be local, and files I never need won't hog space on my HD.

    Is there a way to do something like this? In the iCloud settings on my MacBook Pro, I have the "Optimize Mac Storage" option checked and enabled, and I know it may be the key (or one of the keys) to this issue. But I'm afraid to disable it... if I uncheck the box, what happens?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/BTM23
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel