• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 4, 2018

    Apple TV Apple TV 4k goes to sleep 2 seconds after being turned on

    Apple TV Apple TV 4k goes to sleep 2 seconds after being turned on


    Apple TV 4k goes to sleep 2 seconds after being turned on

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:28 PM PDT

    This happens every time I turn the unit on. I have it connected to my TV via hdmi cec. The Siri remote turns on the tv and wakes up the ATV. Two seconds later, without fail, the ATV falls asleep again requiring another remote button press to reward it. The TV stays on. This also happens if I switch from antenna to ATV by pressing a button on the remote. The source will switch, the ATV will wake and then fall sleep again. I'm on the most recent firmware. I think this has been happening through the last couple of updates.

    submitted by /u/Acegary9
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Tv 2nd edition battery problem

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:45 AM PDT

    Hello Reddit

    I am having an issue with my Apple TV 2nd edition remote. The battery compartment isn't holding the battery down. The remote works if I hold the battery down with my fingers, but as soon as I close the compartment it won't work.

    Has anyone had this issue and got a solution?

    submitted by /u/The_Dude_Lebowski88
    [link] [comments]

    I updated my ATV4K to tvOS 12 beta and now when I play a 4K UHD Dolby Atmos movie it displays "Dolby Atmos" on my surround sound display

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 07:08 AM PDT

    I just updated my ATV4K to tvOS 12 beta and now with Infuse 5 + Plex server my LG SK9Y sound bar + rear speakers (7.1.2) it now displays "Dolby Atmos" when playing 4K UHD Dolby Atmos movie 🙌🏼

    I also have my ATV 4K plugged in into my sound bar then it is passes through to my Sony HDR TV

    Click here to see video

    (Edited) I realise Infuse does not support Dolby Atmos yet and it does direct play but if it was getting downgraded I think it would just display normal HDMI Input like it does for DD+ movies or 7.1 surround sound movies if it wasn't working like it did before?

    When I play a Dolby Atmos movie now my sound bar changes to Dolby Atmos on the display I can't change the sound profile?

    I also changed the sound output on the movies settings to normal true HD 7.1 and the Dolby Atmos display on my sound bar changes back to the standard HDMI Input and I can select the normal sound profiles.

    I was watched the same movie I did before the update and after the update and now the sound from the upfiring speakers are actually working. It sounds completely different to before the update as well.

    I am not trying to say it is or isn't Dolby Atmos but I am just stating the changes that happened after I installed the beta and now I am confused as to why would my sound bar displays it only when I play Dolby Atmos movies after the beta install.

    submitted by /u/the_code_lifter
    [link] [comments]

    Music Plays on Apple TV but Pics won't stream

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:39 PM PDT

    How do I get pictures to stream on my Apple TV? I can get it to play music from my iPhone to the TV, but I can't get it to play the pictures from my iPhone to the TV.

    submitted by /u/BiggKat77
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here use the iPlayTV app for Apple TV

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:10 AM PDT

    I have a question on the buffer settings which seems important. I have set it for 15 seconds

    What does it do exactly when I open a channel? Is there a way I can see visually if the buffer is being filled up or used?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/johndoe1985
    [link] [comments]

    New TV with Roku

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    Just got a new 4K TV with built in Roku. I love my Apple TV but not really seeing the point of using it instead of just using the built in Roku.

    For those of you with built in Roku, do you still use the Apple TV to view Netflix, Hulu, etc?

    submitted by /u/nothingfinal
    [link] [comments]

    HBO Now low quality

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 12:24 PM PDT

    I just subscribed to HBO to watch Sharp Objects. Not sure if it's just an issue with the show, but the quality is very mediocre. You can see compression artifacts, especially in low light and the audio is kind of muffled too, with the sound effects being way louder than dialogue, even with Reduce Loud Sounds on.

    Does it look fine on your TVs?

    submitted by /u/billbillbills
    [link] [comments]

    controlling volume from iPhone/applewatch/ipad?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:19 AM PDT

    Is this possible? I've done some research but haven't had much luck! Is there anyway to control volume through the app on any of these products? The only useful information I've found was taping my apple remote to a broom or an Air Pod to allow tracking :)

    submitted by /u/dammer3
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple TV 4th Gen get Atmos

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 07:39 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if Atmos will be for the 4K Apple TV only? Could someone who's installed the latest beta on an Apple TV 4th Gen check in Settings → Video and Audio → Surround Sound to see if it has the Spatial Audio: Dolby Atmos setting?

    submitted by /u/Werechull
    [link] [comments]

    Vudu has supported Atmos for a couple of years. Vudu app on Apple TV now supports Atmos (12 beta). But Apple has been struggling (even after 5 betas) to find the right recipe to enable Atmos on iTunes titles. A trillion reasons to raise an eyebrow at the Cook.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel