• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 4, 2018

    Apple iOS [Question] Is it possible to configure Safari to use Reader Mode by default on every page where it’s available?

    Apple iOS [Question] Is it possible to configure Safari to use Reader Mode by default on every page where it’s available?


    [Question] Is it possible to configure Safari to use Reader Mode by default on every page where it’s available?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 02:13 AM PDT

    Apple music question

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 06:00 AM PDT

    Hey guys, just curious, is it possible to play my songs by newest ( added latest ) somehow ? I have been trying to find some kind of sorting by that way but without luck. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/manthysk
    [link] [comments]

    Why is half my phone storage filled with "other"?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 05:39 PM PDT

    [QUESTION] Bulk (CSV) Importing Passwords Directly to iPhone

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 06:06 AM PDT

    I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I looked everywhere and could not find this question posted.

    PREFACE: After doing a bit of research, I am learning that all password managing applications (LastPass, Keeper, etc.) will only auto-fill in Safari, and not within applications. For someone like myself who uses lengthy, randomly generated, passwords, this posses a pretty significant inconvenience. iPhone's 'Accounts and Passwords' is the only option that I see that appears within applications allowing auto-fill.

    QUESTION: Is their any way to mass-import a list of passwords to iPhone's 'Accounts and Passwords?' I am trying to move a .csv file I exported from LastPass into iOS. Alternatively, if anyone could recommend a password manager application that will also auto-fill into applications.

    submitted by /u/WiseSay
    [link] [comments]

    iOS’s dictation couldn’t recognize my speaking English as well as Google now, is it because my English sucks?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 12:31 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm Vietnamese and English is not my native language. I practice my speaking English daily with my android phone, I open a note app and use Gboard's voice input and read out loud a small piece of news, my phone can recognize most of what I say.

    For the last few days, I have been practicing with my iPad, but iOS's dictation couldn't recognize most of what I say, the iPad inputs a different word from what I try to say. I tried the same paragraph on my iPad and my android phone, looks like google understand me more than iPad. Is it because my English sucks? And in real life, I often talk with foreigners, they can understand me with no problem but after trying to use voice input in iOS, I kind of lose my confident in my English now.

    submitted by /u/21071992
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] about iMessage.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:35 AM PDT

    How do I get my iMessages back on my iPhone? I accidentally deleted a text conversation on my iPhone. But it's still on my iCloud and on my iPad. But how do I get the conversation back on my iPhone? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/howmanymeninthenorth
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to turn off auto brightness?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:27 AM PDT

    I'm using a new iPhone x with the latest firmware, and I'm about to throw it out a window at this point. I have brightness set to max, auto brightness set to off in Display Accommodations, True Tone set to off, Night shift set to off, auto lock set to never. I tried rebooting a few times too.

    Still, this *ing thing keeps changing brightness levels every few minutes. It is driving me *ing insane. Do I have to reformat the phone, or is this part of the design?

    submitted by /u/gokaired990
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Plus confirmed by iOS 12 Beta

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:24 AM PDT

    Fort what?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:07 AM PDT

    iOS 11.4.1 random reboot?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 06:38 AM PDT

    I've been running iOS 11.4.1 since it's release, and I'm dealing with a random reboot issue. I can't figure out how to replicate it, but essentially I will unlock my iPhone at times and it will reboot. Does the little spinning icon, brings me back to the lock screen and makes me enter my passcode. Anyone else dealing with this issue or have found a way to fix it??

    submitted by /u/Dwizzlehart
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12 beta taking up 15-20 gigs of storage

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 06:20 PM PDT

    Has anybody else had that happen to them? It's like that on both my iPhone X and iPad 5th gen. Any way to eliminate or do I just have to wait for the official release to come out?

    submitted by /u/palikarijr
    [link] [comments]

    Messaging App with clean and easy exporting of messages

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 04:22 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a messaging app that:

    1. Supports multiple devices
    2. Has web/browser client
    3. Allows the message history to be exported easily, and in a format that is easily readable in text (like I will be able to copy it into a Word document. If it included images that would be nice.

    Hangouts is close to perfection in terms of what I want in a messaging app. I know you can export its history, but it's a json file containing a useless mess, and none of the hangouts json readers I can find on the web work (probably because they're not maintained because no one gives a shit about Hangouts)

    submitted by /u/Oubadah
    [link] [comments]

    Redesigning Siri and adding multitasking features to iOS

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 09:16 AM PDT

    PSA: Apps to find better parking spots

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:00 AM PDT

    So I am creating this post to let you guys know about some apps that can help you with parking in a city. Finding parking spaces faster can be a good thing (obviously). Save more fuel, no more too-late-for-meetings kind of situation...less headache per day. The names of the apps are:

    Spothero (r/https://spothero.com)

    Parken (r/https://parkenspot.com)

    ParkWhiz (https://www.parkwhiz.com/)

    Feel free to name more apps that you have used and have found useful.

    Disclaimer: I have worked for Parken. But this is more of a "help thy neighbor" kind of post :)

    Edit: So I should've made this clear but didn't, these apps will work in US states only. So I apologize if I misled anyone.

    submitted by /u/beniebop_copperpots
    [link] [comments]

    Apple please update the Beta version AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    WHAT HAPPENED?!

    Apps just won't download and now the messaging app (for me anyway) is crashing and not sending anything left-right-centre. I've done several hard resets to shoot off an important text and they've all gone out in a weird order.

    This is infuriating.

    submitted by /u/0111011101100001
    [link] [comments]

    Reset Security Questions

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:47 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I created an Apple account ages ago and didn't even remember it existed, only recently became aware.

    I have access to the e-mail and know the password, but I've completely forgotten all the security question answers.

    I have read a number of posts and the recommendation is to call Apple or use the online reset tool.

    The reset tool declines noting that there isn't enough information to reset and I spoke to Apple about a week ago and was told on the phone nothing can be done to reset because they need an additional piece of information which isn't present on my account (the operator mentioned a credit card as being one option).

    I have just realised that I can infact login to this Apple ID on my device, setup iCloud, use the App Store, add a credit card and possibly make purchases without security questions.

    Basically my question is, if I add a credit card to my account and then call them up, can this now be used as that additional source of information that is used to identify me and reset the questions? If so, is there a delay before it comes up on their system or should I try right away?

    Also, I have read a number of other supposed solutions like setting up 2FA, nothing works for me, I'm always prompted with those questions.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Polpol100
    [link] [comments]

    Some apps have stopped opening and downloading apps are stuck on “waiting...”

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 10:59 AM PDT

    As the title says, as of two or three days ago a number of my apps will no longer get past the loading screen (Spotify, SoundCloud, Instagram, YouTube, FitBit + more) and when I try to download apps they either get stuck on "waiting..." or "loading..." I am using IOS 11

    I have tried restarting, redownloading, signing in and out of the App Store/iTunes, changing internet connection settings, hell I've even tried throwing my phone at the bloody wall (didn't work)

    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated 🙌🏼

    submitted by /u/thomie134
    [link] [comments]

    App Store not working?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 08:20 PM PDT

    I am running an iPhone 7 with IOS 11.4.1 and I am getting "cannot connect to App Store"

    I have been furiously googling trying to figure it out and I just won't work.

    I have hard reset my phone Turned on/off dozens of times Cleared Cache Tried different WiFi networks Celular data Checked all the settings to make sure nothing was turned off

    Still nothing, it's been this was since I updated IOS. So a few weeks now.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/SFweddingphotographe
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] iOS Mail app - Change "To: Name" to "To: email" when viewing emails in inbox

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:56 AM PDT

    I use multiple iCloud email addresses and a Gmail address, all lumped into my iOS Mail app and viewed conveniently in the "All Inboxes" folder. When an individual email is opened, the top header will read "From: Sender Name" and "To: My Name". I'd like to instead have it say the email address the sender reached me at. I know if I tap on my name, it'll bring up my contact card and say RECENT next to the address they used but I feel like there should be a way to just see that email address instead of my name. I was able to achieve this on the macOS Mail app by going into Preferences, Viewing and toggling "Use Smart Addressed" on and off (oddly it was already off but I had to toggle it on and off to have it work correctly). I do not see this option on iOS. Anyone know a way to do this on iOS?

    I greatly prefer to not use a third party mail app as they all seem to say in their privacy terms of service that they will scan through my emails and sell my data. I'd rather just keep dealing with the stock Mail app.

    submitted by /u/Dally4
    [link] [comments]

    Display apps in list view

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 11:20 AM PDT

    Is there any way of viewing apps on your iPhone in a list form or tree form? Either built in functionality or another app that does it for you. Sometimes I like the grid/page view, but other times I just want to access all of my apps in list view.

    submitted by /u/relienttones
    [link] [comments]

    With new beta, my screen time data has reset. Anyone else experience this?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 01:20 PM PDT

    Stop iOS automatically rearranging things in the app switcher?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2018 04:11 PM PDT

    Title. It makes the back/forth gestures really confusing to do if it doesn't preserve place.

    Is there anyway to do it like we can on a Mac?

    submitted by /u/dangerCrushHazard
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel