• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 9, 2018

    macOS OCD about the subreddit title

    macOS OCD about the subreddit title


    OCD about the subreddit title

    Posted: 08 May 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Don't know if this is a result of the redesign, but the title of this subreddit, r/macOS, is incorrectly capitalized across the UI. For example, the header and the sidebar read r/MacOS. The official Apple naming convention specifies all letters left of "OS" are lowercase. Please fix @mods.

    submitted by /u/legoinventor510
    [link] [comments]

    Help with the Cmd + Tab to switch between minimized apps

    Posted: 09 May 2018 12:23 AM PDT

    I read this thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/6zzhil/how_to_command_tab_to_minimized_or_hidden_apps/

    But none of the solutions seem to work for me. Is anyone aware of any other ways to enable switching between apps?

    I'm using v10.13.4

    submitted by /u/fatgirlstakingdumps
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help Resetting/Wiping Clean MacBook Pro (2012)

    Posted: 08 May 2018 10:26 PM PDT

    Hi there!

    I am not exactly tech savvy, but! I can follow directions enough to be able to install/uninstall programs. I have a lot of unnecessary programs on my laptop as of late (things needed for previous classes, etc.) and so I was wanting to just do a clean start. About a year ago, I had a friend help me up the memory to the full 8 gigs and possibly the hard-drive (it's been awhile, and I can't remember).

    However, now that I'm wanting to start fresh again, when I go to follow "How To"s, it says that I need to select the MacintoshHD from Disk Utility (after getting there through macOS Recovery) and select "Erase". From there, I need to rename and then select the Format as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then select "Erase" again.

    https://i.redd.it/9odi0c1llrw01.png

    This is where I get the hiccup. This is similar to the screen that I get when I'm in Disk Utility via recovery. In addition, there's a 'Disk' that says "Mac OS Extended" that has the eject button beside it. It's roughly 2 gigs in size.

    When I select "MacintoshHD" and then "Erase" it only gives me APFS options, none of the Mac OS Extended options that I see in all of the tutorials. At this point, I don't know what the hell to do, and I'm too hesitant to do anything since clearly I have no idea what I'm doing.

    This is why I'm reaching out. What can/should I do? Is there an easier way to get rid of excess applications? I have the Office Suite that I no longer pay for or want, and I have several programs that I needed for class but no longer need or want. I've backed up all of my wanted things (pictures & docs), and I'm just looking to do a complete reset.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/anooneemuss
    [link] [comments]

    New Mac user with a temporary Windows keyboard. How do I use this shortcut (what key is the ^ symbol)? I thought it might be shift but that doesn't work.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 07:10 AM PDT

    Picture of a guy on his computer popped up when my girlfriend turn off her Mac. Whats wrong?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:24 AM PDT

    My girlfriend was turning off her MacBook Air and suddenly everything froze and then a picture of low quality popped up on her screen. The picture was there for just a few seconds and there was a guy in front of a computer and sitting at a desk. I have tried to turn the computer a few times but nothing similar has happened. We have also updated the Security Update 2018-001 after this incident. She hasn't been on any suspicious websites or downloading anything lately that should cause this. This happened at her work which happened be a school with teenagers. Could they had any access to a sharing function or could have gain any access of some kind?

    submitted by /u/bearvi
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to stop iCloud Drive from automatically syncing?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 02:54 PM PDT

    It's really starting to unnerve me at the moment. I'm in a hotel with horrible wifi and it keeps trying to sync everything that's on my MacBooks desktop. The only thing on this computer I want it to sync is the documents folder. Can I somehow turn it off all together for now until I get better wifi without it deleting everything that was on the desktop? Can I make it so it doesn't sync the desktop at all?

    submitted by /u/ElBigBad
    [link] [comments]

    Temporarily changed password via shell command-line, now MacOS is wonked.

    Posted: 08 May 2018 08:58 AM PDT

    I was on the road and had to let a colleague into my machine to access a file. I didn't want to give up my password so I logged in via ssh and changed it on the command-line to something expendable. He got the files he needed, after which I changed it back.

    Now Messages won't login, even though I logout and log back in again. It appears something about my keychain got wonked up. I changed the password back to the original password and rebooted a few times. No change.

    Is it possible to recover back to where I was in terms of keychain related functionality? (no time machine backups)

    I am assuming this is a keychain issue. It may be something completely different.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/echo5juliet
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth mouse stutter

    Posted: 08 May 2018 01:25 PM PDT

    I recently bought a Trust bluetooth mouse for use with my Macbook Pro, to free up ports. While the mouse works perfectly on a Windows laptop, I am having some issues in macOS. The problem here is that while moving the mouse, it stutters quite a lot. This makes it imprecise, and especially hard to use with games, which it was purchased for. My Macbook is a Macbook Pro 13" 2017 nTB. Does anyone have any tips, on how to fix this stuttering?

    submitted by /u/sskudsk
    [link] [comments]

    My external HDD completely disconnects WiFi on my 13" MacBook w/o touchbar

    Posted: 08 May 2018 12:37 PM PDT

    Apparently it's a common issue with USB 3 devices, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. As soon as I plug in the drive, the wifi connection goes down. And it stays down until the next restart, because even after dismounting and unplugging the drive the Mac won't connect to any network unless I completely reboot it. Apple recommends plugging it into the ports on the right side of the Mac. But there aren't any, since I have the one without the Touch Bar. Moving the drive as far away from the Mac as possible also doesn't seem to work.

    submitted by /u/Muffinmaker457
    [link] [comments]

    Hey there, trying to copy Photos Library.photoslibrary to an external hard drive. ETA 93 days. Anything I'm doing wrong?

    Posted: 08 May 2018 03:50 PM PDT

    File is about 600gb. I'm new to Macs on windows this file transfer would take about 2 hours so I assume I'm doing it the wrong way, or maybe it'll speed up as time goes on?

    Thanks for the help ahead of time!

    submitted by /u/Laminated_Paper
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel