• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 10, 2018

    iPhone After 10 years with Android (started with the g1), I finally switched over to Apple and gotten a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus!

    iPhone After 10 years with Android (started with the g1), I finally switched over to Apple and gotten a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus!


    After 10 years with Android (started with the g1), I finally switched over to Apple and gotten a 256gb iPhone 8 Plus!

    Posted: 10 May 2018 05:35 AM PDT

    Apollo 1.2 is out!

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:04 AM PDT

    Steam Link and Steam Video apps coming soon to iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV

    Posted: 09 May 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    Behind the Ringtone

    Posted: 10 May 2018 05:23 AM PDT

    Red Leather iPhone X case after 5-ish months

    Posted: 10 May 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    Apple Says Inventory of All iPhone Replacement Batteries Now Available Without Delay

    Posted: 09 May 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    Is there any reason to upgrade from a 7 plus to an 8 plus?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    It seems like such a small difference to me but I've seen a lot of people do it.

    submitted by /u/AstronautGuy42
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth to upgrade iOS in my iPhone SE?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:14 AM PDT

    Hello! I am still on iOS 10 version with my iPhone SE. I read many bad oppinions about iOS 11 after relase and i decided first to downgrade to iOS 10 when it was still possible and wait til iOS 11 will be worth to install. Is it worth to do so now or rather keep my old fellow iOS 10 forever?

    submitted by /u/LokoStarr
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X midnight blue case after 2 months use.

    Posted: 09 May 2018 02:43 PM PDT

    4K 60fps and heat

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:45 AM PDT

    Hi

    In a few months I want to record a small ceremony so I've been playing around with the iPhone X video settings. Putting it on the highest 4K 60fps setting caused it to overheat in 15 minutes. This is in 21 degree sunshine.

    Dropping that to 1080p 30fps gave no problems and I got bored after 40 minutes so assume that doesn't cause the phone to heat up as much.

    Is the 4K 60fps hammering the cpu/gpu/magic dust that much to cause it to overheat or could there be an issue with the device?

    It's not really a huge problem, 1080p is fine but it'd be nice to have the highest quality available to future proof the recording.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yukyum
    [link] [comments]

    Internet dropping randomly on iPhone X?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    Had my phone a few months now but recently randomly the phone will lose internet connection for 1-2 seconds causing issues with apps, could the WiFi chip on my phone be faulty? My computer connected via Ethernet has no issues so it's not my internet connection.

    submitted by /u/ussjtrunksftw
    [link] [comments]

    Do you sell your iPhones before you upgrade?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 12:18 AM PDT

    I'm curious what others do when they look to upgrade to the latest iPhone? To get top value for it do you sell your iPhone on eBay before the newest one is released? If so what device do you use in the interim until the iPhone is released?

    submitted by /u/dirtbikedude705
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s suddenly shuts down / restarts

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    Hello guys.

    I have a Problem with my iPhone 6s. Four weeks ago I brought my iPhone to a certificated repair company to implement a new battery. A few days later my iPhone 6s shut down while it had like 70% battery left. It turned on again with 1% left. I did not know what was going on. A few seconds later it restarted again and had like 65% again. It happend serveral times and I decided bring it back to the repair company and tell them whats going on.

    They told me, that the battery is perfectly fine. they made 51 charging cycles and told me that it has 97.7% capacity - 1676 mAh of 1717 mAh

    So yeah, yesterday I got my iPhone back and decided to delete everything and do a complete reinstall without a backup recovery.

    And today, at 46% battery it happened again. It shut down, restarted it 1% battery, shut down again, restarted with 5% battery, shut down a third time and restarted with 41%. The same procedure. I took 4 screenshots (3 of the battery life and one of the battery condition)

    Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/SKuqWYd

    Does any of you guys may know a solution for that Problem?

    submitted by /u/Xauber
    [link] [comments]

    TIL You don’t have to hold the power button on an iPhone until the Apple logo appears to turn it on.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 12:26 AM PDT

    You just need to press it once. Never knew this and owned iPhones for like 6 years. The same is for the home button you don't need to press it so hard as the touch id is very fragile.

    submitted by /u/flutermaster
    [link] [comments]

    Just got second hand iPhone that wasn't reset. Need help.

    Posted: 10 May 2018 03:14 AM PDT

    So I just got a second hand iPhone but unfortunately the previous owner never reset it for a new user. I was googling how to do it and it said I need the password for the previous owners apple id. Is another way to do this or do I need to get in touch the previous owner to get them to do it?

    submitted by /u/crankshaft92
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S Battery/Screen Replacement

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:33 AM PDT

    After the whole battery controversy I had my Battery checked and indeed was suffering from issues. Quality had dropped way faster than it should have with the usage. I decided to come back later this year because it was quite busy.

    Fast forward to my vacation in Florida last week, lost my iPhone on a parking lot and something drove over it before I was able to locate and get it back with Lost my iPhone.

    My screen is absolutely destroyed, I can't read much anymore from the top of the screen. I have a sturdy Spigen case so the rest of the phone is fine, the screen is also fully functional except for the camera. So I went into an Apple store requested a Screen and Battery replacement. I was quoted C$220 before Tax. 1 Hour later I could pick it up, they gave my not repaired iPhone back and declined the repairs because the liquid indicator was triggered. I was baffled.

    I am guessing that indicator was triggered last winter with the rain/snow we got, or maybe even way before. At least not related to the damage I have now.

    The only option I was given was to accept a replacement iPhone 6S for C$380 before Tax. Which I can still accept before Monday.

    I am quite pissed, my first phone was an iPhone 2G that shipped with iOS V1.1 that wasn't even called iOS back then. I've upgrade every 2-3 years, never had an issue/damage or needed Apple's services and now the one time I do they pull shit like this.

    TLDR: Have an iPhone 6S that needs Battery/Screen replacement but refused because the liquid indicator triggered unrelated to the damages.

    Would it be an option to do a Battery/Screen replacement at a 3rd party without bricking the iPhone. I have heard they are also in that sort of stuff now.

    What to do?

    C$220 Quoted repairs (Refused by Apple). C$380 Quoted for Apple replacement. C$740 for a brand new iPhone 6S. C$930 for a brand new iPhone 8. C$1320 for a brand new iPhone X.

    I understand I have a nice deal for an iPhone 6S here but I already bought that one over a year ago. I am just pissed I am being overcharged $160 for replacement phone that I feel I do not need. So preferably I would have it repaired, but I understand there could be some risks. What would you do?

    submitted by /u/Edwiersma
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to view ALL my files

    Posted: 10 May 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    Im a pretty new iphone user coming from andriod. I make beats on caustic 3. I have all my sound fonts on my iphone but sadly I was only able to bring all my finished songs over but I cant make any new ones because I can move my files into the sample folder. Or even look at caustics files to begin with. This is very frustrating because I have so many ideas in my head but my old phone is my old phone for a reason. I cant use it. The part that sucks is that I wasted 10 bucks on the app and I already have it for andriod and it costs more in play store. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/CornsOnMyFeets
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer files from pc to iPhone without iTunes or internet (only lighting)

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:38 AM PDT

    Is it possible?

    submitted by /u/lupodipy
    [link] [comments]

    Wait for iOS 12 for Siri upgrades or switch to Pixel 2?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:13 AM PDT

    So I saw the Google I/O and saw how useful the AI upgrades were (at least for me). Then I saw towards my iPhone (7+) and I was thinking, should I wait for iOS 12 or the WWDC to see what will be new or get the Pixel 2 XL for $520? I am really reluctant to switch mainly because of iMessage, better app experience and 3D Touch.

    submitted by /u/Frost_Pixel
    [link] [comments]

    I have 1 album I cannot download to my phone. What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 06:11 AM PDT

    I have an album in my iTunes library that I cannot transfer to my phone. It shows up when the phone is connected to iTunes but doesn't show up on the device through the music player. I've deleted it from the phone through iTunes and tried again but it does the same thing ... shows up in the music section but not in the music player. It is the ONLY album in my library I can't seem to transfer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ricin-beans
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone has been acting up ever since that new ios update

    Posted: 10 May 2018 09:44 AM PDT

    So my iPhone 7 Plus has been acting up ever since that new 11.3.1 update. Here are the symptoms:

    • 3 days ago, the screen would turn off temporarily every time I hover around the proximity sensor, as if the phone thinks that I am always on a call. After a few restarts, everything would go back to normal for a few hours, and then appear again.

    • 3 days ago, the phone would restart every time I watch a video. I tried Youtube, Chrome (multiple sites) and a few other apps (Reddit included), and the problem persisted. Eventually, the phone would throw itself into a bootloop, only to boot up normally again after a couple of minutes. Then a few horus later, the bootloops would reappear.

    • 2 days ago, the volume adjustment popup would randomly appear every time I watch a video or listen to a song, and would stay up until i turn off the screen. This seems to be random, as I can't reconstruct the problem every time I watch a video.

    • This morning, the sound coming from the bottom speaker flickered (can't seem to find a better word) and distorted heavily at medium to high volume, especially the bass parts of songs. I noticed that the problem seemed to be more severe if I hold the phone vertically.

    • A few hours ago, the home button stopped working. The phone showed a somewhat helpful popup that there seemed to be something wrong with the home button, and that it should be looked at, and that I should use an on screen button for now. The problem persisted through restarts, and as of the time of writing, I still can't use the home button

    • Also a few hours ago, the phone would stopped vibrating and, interestingly, playing sounds in general. The phone would refuse to play any videos from any sources, or any songs from my itunes or spotify playlist. This problem seemed to have started at the same time as the home button one above.

    I can't seem to find a common thread in all these problems. The symptoms would come and go at random, and everything started when I installed 11.3.1. At this point I would bring the phone to an Apple store, but there are no official stores where I live, just Authorized Retail ones, so I don't know how much they are willing to help. Am I looking at software or hardware issues?

    submitted by /u/ttminh1997
    [link] [comments]

    Can I Charge an iPhone X With A 2016 MBP Charger?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 09:36 AM PDT

    I was planning on buying a USB C to Lightning cable to be able to use my 2016 Macbook Pro charger. When I went to the Apple Store, they said they strongly recommend NOT doing that due to the wattage, but I see people on Reddit from time to time saying that these devices are smart enough to only take as much power as they need. What are your guys thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/justinbullock
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend battery/screen replacement for an old 5s?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 09:05 AM PDT

    I have an x now but would like to restore my old 5s to use in my car for music, battery will not charge and the screen is pretty messed up so I'm going to have to replace both. Looking for something decent quality kit that would come with any tools i need for a good price. I was looking at ifixit kits but was just wondering if anyone knows of anything better/cheaper.

    Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/oliver-hart
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel